Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[BREAKING] - Florida State announces it will form committee to explore options

Started by Doug, September 13, 2011, 06:29:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Quote from: Palm Beach Post SportsFlorida State has begun taking forceful steps to prepare itself for conference realignment, whether that means joining Florida in the SEC or becoming part of an ACC super conference that may include Texas.

I'll come right out and say this right now. If OU leaves the Big 12, the BYU deal is dead in the water. This will force Big 12 to go after Louisville and Memphis (Basketball in Big 12 North). Texas *will* go Independent for 2013-14 season and join either the B1G or ACC for the 2014-15 season.

All of you that said I was off my base about FSU joining the SEC or Texas' only options being the B1G or ACC owe me an apology. :)

My sources have not let me down. I've done my homework and fact checking on this. The only thing that threw me off is the SEC / Texas A&M announcing before the BYU to Big 12 announcement. This tells me that TAMU gave the SEC both of their trump cards (one directed at Texas, one directed at Big12), and the SEC legal guys found it relevant enough to go ahead and dare Baylor/ISU/KU/KSU to file a suit.

Mark my words on all the stuff I've been posting the past three weeks.  It's coming to a head.  The next 3 weeks are going to be the most critical for the SEC, Big 12, ACC, Big East and Pac 12.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/seminoles/fsu-preparing-for-realignment-possibilities-such-as-moving-1855047.html
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

acepoker

Hoggy Hogalot

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Doug

Quote from: BloodRedHogWhat were TAMU's two trump cards
I cannot discuss those (my sources have asked me to not reveal that information). In time, they may come out, however, right now, it is too damning for Texas/Big12, and TAMU/SEC does not want to be seen as the ones that took down the Big 12.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

hogfan064

FSU will not be in the SEC, since the presidents at USC, UGA, UK, and UF aren't allowing it.  I have no idea what Texas is going to end up doing, but the SEC isn't expanding in a state it is already in. 

Lysol

The only thing thats happened thus far is what everybody expected to happen... A&M to SEC, OK schools to the Pac. I would be shocked if Texas ends up in the B1G

BloodRedHog

Quote from: Douglas on September 13, 2011, 06:40:22 pm
I cannot discuss those (my sources have asked me to not reveal that information). In time, they may come out, however, right now, it is too damning for Texas/Big12, and TAMU/SEC does not want to be seen as the ones that took down the Big 12.

Fair enough
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

regi

Quote from: hogfan064 on September 13, 2011, 06:40:45 pm
FSU will not be in the SEC, since the presidents at USC, UGA, UK, and UF aren't allowing it.  I have no idea what Texas is going to end up doing, but the SEC isn't expanding in a state it is already in. 

This has been debunked. Not true. Carolina in fact would welcome Clemson as a conference game since they have to play them anyway, some for Florida. Tech will not get invited because old wounds die hard and well L-ville? SEC not interested.

Tusks

They will expand for FSU....Clemson never had a chance.....same for GATech....Florida doesn't feel threatened by FSU...UF plays them every year and feels their program is self sustaining and can handle FSU being in the same conferenc.....not the same for the two other ACC teams.

Things are spinning and changing......VaTech isnt coming....FSU is.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DEVIL DOG HOG

It has been posted on Hogville that UF will not block FSU. I don't remember which tread it was posted in.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

regi

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=422381.0

I posted this 15 mins earlier, but since i am not a big time mod like my fellow Atlien like Douglas, nobody cared (-:

hogfooey

Douglas = Danny Sheridan :P
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

Hogustus Caesar

So what do we have now? Texas A&M, West Virginia, Florida State and...Missouri?
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

sickboy

MuskogeeHogFan

They aren't, Tex-ass is the instigator that started all of this by driving Nebraska and Colorado out of the conference. Nebraska was driven out moreso, and Colorado was just looking for an excuse, but Texas was good enough to provide that for them.

Everything else that happens henceforth just stems from the synergy that was orginally developed by these two moves, thanks to Tejas.

Go Hogs Go!

regi

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 13, 2011, 06:57:26 pm
They aren't, Tex-ass is the instigator that started all of this by driving Nebraska and Colorado out of the conference. Nebraska was driven out moreso, and Colorado was just looking for an excuse, but Texas was good enough to provide that for them.

Everything else that happens henceforth just stems from the synergy that was orginally developed by these two moves, thanks to Tejas.

Add to that, that OU has had enough and can't see a reason that the Big 12 will ever stabelize as long as Texas maintains its upper hand. This disolving is about those arrogant pricks in Austin and always has been. Any one recall when the SWC would not allow officials who were from or resided in Arkansas? Tuck Fexas

Hogustus Caesar

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 13, 2011, 06:57:26 pm

Who can forget the Big12 Championship game between Nebraska and Texas. The stories of what happened after the game with Tom Osborne and the league...Nebraska was gone.
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

Hawgrox

Catfish Joe

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

NaturalStateReb

I think this is less about FSU joining the SEC and more about calling the shots on Texas' entry into the ACC.  The ACC does everything the Big 12 used to do, but with a little more inconvenience.  It's a weak AQ league that Texas is likely to win and the time zone issue is right. 

I think OU and OSU are headed Pac, Texas is heading to the ACC, and then it's a mad dash for the exits for the remaining Big 12 members.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

whatsshakinbacon

Texas

Atlantic Coast Conference

Really?  Even my kids know this doesn't make sense.

Bacon out...

hoosier

Quote from: FayettenamSam on September 13, 2011, 07:12:13 pm
Who can forget the Big12 Championship game between Nebraska and Texas. The stories of what happened after the game with Tom Osborne and the league...Nebraska was gone.
Refresh my memory

Tusks

That would be my guess of who's coming to the party....I wish we could trade WVU for VATech....but VATech had to pledge their athletic lives to UVA to get into the ACC....I don't see them leaving....it was a really really BIG deal when UVA agreed to let VT into that conference and I just don't see it.

Quote from: FayettenamSam on September 13, 2011, 06:55:02 pm
So what do we have now? Texas A&M, West Virginia, Florida State and...Missouri?

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

NWASooner

Quote from: hoosier on September 13, 2011, 07:43:46 pm
Refresh my memory

Nebraska felt they got jobbed by the refs.

It didn't help Nebraska's case that the Pelini brothers were in full scale nuclear meltdown mode and damn near assaulted a ref.

If Texas goes to the ACC, they'll span from Boston to Miami to Austin.  Color me unenthused....

Feralhog

Quote from: NWASooner on September 13, 2011, 07:48:19 pm
Nebraska felt they got jobbed by the refs.

It didn't help Nebraska's case that the Pelini brothers were in full scale nuclear meltdown mode and damn near assaulted a ref.

If Texas goes to the ACC, they'll span from Boston to Miami to Austin.  Color me unenthused....

all the best to you and yourn in the fudgepack 16
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

GuvHog

Quote from: nutted on September 13, 2011, 07:45:17 pm
That would be my guess of who's coming to the party....I wish we could trade WVU for VATech....but VATech had to pledge their athletic lives to UVA to get into the ACC....I don't see them leaving....it was a really really BIG deal when UVA agreed to let VT into that conference and I just don't see it.

I don't know where you got the information in bold but the truth is the University of Virginia did not want Virginia Tech to join the ACC and would like nothing better than for V Tech to leave the ACC as soon as possible.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

tophawg19

i think FSU to the sec was actually decided even before TA&M was accepted. everything has to be done in order to avoid legal problems .i don't think the other 2 are a lock yet but i have a feeling we are close.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

3kgthog

Such breaking news that no real outlet, including those with actual sources, has mentioned a word about any of it. Once again, someone is being swerved and falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Doug

regi, wasn't trying to upstage you... I legitimately scanned the first page for news about this and didn't find it. EDIT TO ADD IN:  I found it and see why I missed it.  "#14" as the subject isn't descriptive. :)

The other reason I posted my own thread is because I've been saying FSU to SEC for over a week now.  :)

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=421190.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=421741.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=422131.0
http://gridironhistory.com/forums/index.php?topic=333.0

Bacon, if they go to the ACC, it's because Texas ran out of viable conference options (as in B1G laughed at them when asked for an invitation). Pac doesn't want 'em, SEC doesn't want 'em.  Independents will not survive Super Conference structures (only way to get to national championships).

3kgthog, open your eyes and read the linked stuff.  I'll stand behind what I've been saying about the ACC and SEC.  You know me well enough to know that I don't stand behind something this strongly unless I have all the ducks in a row.
--Doug

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 13, 2011, 07:55:48 pm
I don't know where you got the information in bold but the truth is the University of Virginia did not want Virginia Tech to join the ACC and would like nothing better than for V Tech to leave the ACC as soon as possible.

Why do you say that?

RazorBassin

Quote from: Douglas on September 13, 2011, 08:11:18 pm
regi, wasn't trying to upstage you... I legitimately scanned the first page for news about this and didn't find it. EDIT TO ADD IN:  I found it and see why I missed it.  "#14" as the subject isn't descriptive. :)

The other reason I posted my own thread is because I've been saying FSU to SEC for over a week now.  :)

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=421190.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=421741.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=422131.0
http://gridironhistory.com/forums/index.php?topic=333.0

Bacon, if they go to the ACC, it's because Texas ran out of viable conference options (as in B1G laughed at them when asked for an invitation). Pac doesn't want 'em, SEC doesn't want 'em.  Independents will not survive Super Conference structures (only way to get to national championships).

3kgthog, open your eyes and read the linked stuff.  I'll stand behind what I've been saying about the ACC and SEC.  You know me well enough to know that I don't stand behind something this strongly unless I have all the ducks in a row.

I hope you are spot on about all of this Doug, I think we could stay at 14 with aTm and FSU and be just fine.  I wish we would stay at 14, but it sounds like 16 is a must.  What are the chances the PAC 12 goes to PAC 14 and the SEC stays at 14?

razorback3072

Actually, they would likely throw a fit and sue if Va Tech threatens to leave the ACC.  When the ACC expanded in 2003, VA refused to entertain any expansion talks unless Va Tech was included in the teams the ACC was inviting into the league.  Given the way they bent over backwards to get them in, they probably aren't going to be real thrilled for them to leave.

Also, because they are both State Schools, the VA legislature could very well step in just like the TX legislature did when the SEC expanded.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

GuvHog

Quote from: razorback3072 on September 13, 2011, 08:27:27 pm
Actually, they would likely throw a fit and sue if Va Tech threatens to leave the ACC.  When the ACC expanded in 2003, VA refused to entertain any expansion talks unless Va Tech was included in the teams the ACC was inviting into the league.  Given the way they bent over backwards to get them in, they probably aren't going to be real thrilled for them to leave.

Also, because they are both State Schools, the VA legislature could very well step in just like the TX legislature did when the SEC expanded.

That isn't true. Several people who would know have stated that there is no love lost between those 2 schools and UVA wants V Tech gone tomorrow. That's why V Tech has been mentioned for months as the most likely candidate next to FSU to join the SEC with A&M until recently.

bigpigonthehill

I think anyone who can do research can look around the Internet and interpret where one team or another is going. I knew where Texas A and M was going before anyone on this board posted about it. One just has to be able to determine which sources are credible and which ones are not credible. You just have to see which writers are well researched and respected. The answers are there, you just have to look. Seek and ye shall find...Knock and it will be opened.... :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
How the hell did we wind up like this? Why weren't we able to see the signs that we missed? And try to turn the tables. Nothing is wrong, just as long as you know that someday I will. Some day, Some how. Gonna make it alright but not right now. I know you're wondering when.

Shag66

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 13, 2011, 08:35:52 pm
That isn't true. Several people who would know have stated that there is no love lost between those 2 schools and UVA wants V Tech gone tomorrow. That's why V Tech has been mentioned for months as the most likely candidate next to FSU to join the SEC until recently.

LINK?

GuvHog

Quote from: Shag66 on September 13, 2011, 08:39:42 pm
LINK?

Where have you been?? It's been all over sports talk shows the last few months. Even the Sports talk guy in Birmingham mentioned it on Bo's show a time or 2.

Hornkiller

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 13, 2011, 07:38:00 pm
Texas

Atlantic Coast Conference

Really?  Even my kids know this doesn't make sense.

Bacon out...

And Oklahoma is so close to the Pacific? One more time folks: conference realignment will be based on everything with geography being the last consideration.

FSU out... Texas in? Oh ACC what are you doing to yourselves?

Any word if Texas is going to take their tortilla throwing amigos with them or will Tech be trying to get on the Pac-12 bus?

redeye

Quote from: Douglas on September 13, 2011, 06:29:18 pm
I'll come right out and say this right now. If OU leaves the Big 12, the BYU deal is dead in the water. This will force Big 12 to go after Louisville and Memphis (Basketball in Big 12 North). Texas *will* go Independent for 2013-14 season and join either the B1G or ACC for the 2014-15 season.

All of you that said I was off my base about FSU joining the SEC or Texas' only options being the B1G or ACC owe me an apology. :)

My sources have not let me down. I've done my homework and fact checking on this. The only thing that threw me off is the SEC / Texas A&M announcing before the BYU to Big 12 announcement. This tells me that TAMU gave the SEC both of their trump cards (one directed at Texas, one directed at Big12), and the SEC legal guys found it relevant enough to go ahead and dare Baylor/ISU/KU/KSU to file a suit.

Mark my words on all the stuff I've been posting the past three weeks.  It's coming to a head.  The next 3 weeks are going to be the most critical for the SEC, Big 12, ACC, Big East and Pac 12.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/seminoles/fsu-preparing-for-realignment-possibilities-such-as-moving-1855047.html

Wouldn't it be prudent to wait until these things are proven before you demand an apology? I admit that you seem to be on to something, or know something, but I don't think this proves anything.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Wow..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

razorbackkid

Coolbeans Douglas, I wonder how often Arkansas will get to play Fla. St.?  Every year would be nice.
Do you know how the new structure will affect scheduling?
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

razorback3072

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 13, 2011, 08:35:52 pm
That isn't true. Several people who would know have stated that there is no love lost between those 2 schools and UVA wants V Tech gone tomorrow. That's why V Tech has been mentioned for months as the most likely candidate next to FSU to join the SEC with A&M until recently.

Yet multiple reports on ESPN radio today have the exact scenario I mentioned possibly happening.  The way they joined the ACC is an absolute fact.  VA refused to entertain any expansion talks unless VaTech was involved.  By the same token UNC & Duke opposed bringing in BC, Miami and Syracuse. 

Yes, the potential "fit-throwing" by UVA is speculation as is the interference by the legislature but it's speculation from national media, not conjecture by me and it's still a possibility.  So to sit there and say "it isn't true" is false. 
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Doug

Quote from: jj1121I hope you are spot on about all of this Doug, I think we could stay at 14 with aTm and FSU and be just fine.  I wish we would stay at 14, but it sounds like 16 is a must.  What are the chances the PAC 12 goes to PAC 14 and the SEC stays at 14?
Nil.  The only way Super Conferences work is when there's multiples of 4 so you can have everything balanced out correctly.  Baseball and Football are good analogies to this (think in terms of AFTER regular season).

Again, let me reiterate the expected expansion (even though it's in each of the posts I've linked to already):
#14: West Virginia
#15: Mizzou (if they don't shot themselves in the foot) *
#16: Florida State *

* = These two could be flipped, but they'll be announced together.

Quote from: redeyeWouldn't it be prudent to wait until these things are proven before you demand an apology? I admit that you seem to be on to something, or know something, but I don't think this proves anything.
I have no issues with people not believing what I'm saying. Just know that I've done my homework and have no less than 6 sources (and a couple friends with their own sources that thought I was insane, until they checked with their guys who confirmed what I've known) to cross reference everything.

In this day and age, it's very easy to have a plethora of disinformation being spread. We all saw it with the previous CFB Coaching Regime at UofA.  The key is to sort out the bad and good and have at least 3 different UNCONNECTED sources.  In my case, I'm covering my ass and went with 6. Not everyone told me the same thing, however, they were all connecting dots to the bigger picture.

There's a few things I'm not believing myself (Louisville & Memphis to Big 12 are long shots, but almost believable enough to make sense, once you factor in the remaining Big 12 schools in the North division), and I've made it clear that this stuff is speculative and possible innuendo.

Quote from: razorbackidCoolbeans Douglas, I wonder how often Arkansas will get to play Fla. St.?  Every year would be nice. Do you know how the new structure will affect scheduling?
No idea yet, however, I suspect that many of the permanent cross-conference games will remain the same.  Which is why I also believe we'll be going to a 9/3 conference game format, rather than staying on 8/4, once we reach 16 teams. :)
--Doug

huthut

Sure is a lot of back slapping going on in here, much of it to themselves. I've
seen the prognosticating go from "in the next 3 days" to "in the next 3 weeks",
and if's and buts thrown around like a Sunday game of pitch with one's kid.
I look at "un-named" sources, the same way I did those reporters using those
terms when calling Ryan Mallett everything from a gangster to a heroin addict.
I've seen the exact same scenarios bandied about on other websites including
ESPN and Yahoo Sports except they came off sounding quite a bit less self serving.
I dunno if it's your writing style, or what Douglas, but God help ya if this doesn't
all pan out they way you're trying to map it.

Hornkiller

So Douglas... it seems the only question is who is going to knock over the dominoes? Will it be?

OU announcing their leaving the Big XII? (opening the door for A&M)
BYU turning down an offer publically to join the Big XII?
Another Big XII team announcing their going to leave? (say Missouri?)
Florida State by going by opening their options?
Another ACC team announcing their going to open their options? (V-Tech)
Will a conference take the lead by going after teams?

Also any word on the contingency plans for the B1G and ACC once things start rolling? I mean we all know that the B1G will add "extra sugar on top" to their Please Please Notre Dame. But who else is in the mix and what will happen to all the stragglers left behind?

I'll take my call off the air now.

Razorbacks#1

Where do you come up with this stuff?

"After a two-hour conference call of ACC university presidents yesterday morning showed that the current expansion plan involving Big East schools Miami, Boston College and Syracuse lacked the seven votes necessary to extend any invitations, University of Virginia President John Casteen proposed the league reconsider Virginia Tech, according to a source with knowledge of the discussion."

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-267397.html

"Casteen has maintained that he believes Virginia Tech would be a good fit for the ACC and that he will continue to support its candidacy."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1090116/
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hogustus Caesar