Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[UPDATED - More info] Latest news regarding TAMU's move to SEC

Started by Doug, September 07, 2011, 04:38:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

So now the story is that 6 of the 9 remaining Big 12 schools will cease all legal actions against TAMU/SEC if Oklahoma Pinkie Swears to stay in the Big 12.

SOURCE: http://www.wacotrib.com/news/breakingnews/Big-12-school-threatens-legal-action-as-SEC-invites-Texas-AM-to-join-league.html?abc=I0XA4pU5

What kind of spoon fed bull scat is that?
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

RazorBassin

Wow...don't even know what to really say to that.  Sounds like a LOT of the B12 schools need to get a spine and quit hiding behind OU and TU.

Billy Bayou

September 07, 2011, 04:42:48 pm #2 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:33:17 pm by Billy Bayou
Story could be bogus.  Tech has already denied being on the list.

And if Mizzou is on that list their admin is more stupid than the stupidity I already accused them of.

Hornkiller

Quote from: Billy Bayou on September 07, 2011, 04:42:48 pm
Story could be bogus.  Tech has already denied being on the list.

Tech is ready to hitch the Red Raider to any wagon going to a AQ conference. They don't want to have a reputation as a malcontent.  Even though after the whole Leech thing you would think ESPN owes Tech a favor or two.

Doug

Okay, so here's the running list of people threatening legal action.

Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Texas Tech (trying to verify this)
Missouri (trying to also verify this).

If Missouri is indeed one of the schools threatening to sue, they can kiss ANY chance of joining the SEC buh bye. Guarandamnteed.
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

jimmiewkersh

booogaga

Quote from: Douglas on September 07, 2011, 04:51:52 pm
If Missouri is indeed one of the schools threatening to sue, they can kiss ANY chance of joining the SEC buh bye. Guarandamnteed.

I agree completely. Its like sucker punching a dude in the neck then 10 minutes later wanting to hang out.
GO HOGS!

3kgthog

booogaga

GO HOGS!

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: booogaga on September 07, 2011, 05:01:51 pm
I agree completely. Its like sucker punching a dude in the neck then 10 minutes later wanting to hang out.
Let's leave Jordan Jefferson out of this.....

Hornkiller

Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State

SEC or the B1G. Either that or Missouri will spin it as "we're a team player, we tried to keep the Big XII together. So we'll be loyal to you as well." Who will swallow it. Who knows.

grayhawg

LOL And the big 12-2 wants someone else to sign on with them, who in their right mind would join this conference?

NWASooner

So much for OU being Texas' lap dog, huh?  Looks like they're in charge after all.

Regardless of which scenario plays out, OU gets exactly what it wants.  They're the only ones in a no lose situation.  THAT is how you wheel and deal.

blacksuit

The SEC had to try doing this deal with everyone's consent. They are probably not surprised that this approach failed. This is not the kind of thing that is easily done in a 36 hour window. They may still move quickly if they think any suit against the SEC and its members can be resolved relatively cheaply.

I still think A&M will join the conference at the end of the day, even if it is expensive to do so.

Billy Bayou

According to Chip Brown the Baylor paper is not accurate.

"4:20 PM - Baylor may not be the only one wanting to retain its right to sue the SEC over the departure of Texas A&M, a Big 12 administrator tells Orangebloods.com.

Kansas State, Kansas and Iowa State also want to retain their right to sue, the administrator said.

Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Missouri have apparently retained their right to sue but have vowed they won't take any action against the SEC, the administrator said.

The only Big 12 school willing to sign a waiver releasing the SEC from litigation appears to be Oklahoma, which has indicated it might soon be ready to bolt for the Pac-12, the administrator said.

A statement summarizing a noon conference call with Big 12 presidents should be forthcoming shortly, the source said."

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1261679

According to a source I spoke to, Deaton, the prez of Mizzou, does not even have the authority to sign a document stating the legal promises of Mizzou without BOC approval.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: NWASooner on September 07, 2011, 05:32:41 pm
So much for OU being Texas' lap dog, huh?  Looks like they're in charge after all.

Regardless of which scenario plays out, OU gets exactly what it wants.  They're the only ones in a no lose situation.  THAT is how you wheel and deal.

Okay, now I'm going to have to ask: are you just trying to be funny recently or is your self esteem really that deep in the crapper?

HogKongPhooey

September 07, 2011, 05:41:37 pm #16 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:44:01 pm by HogKongPhooey
Yes, let's keep the SEC just the way it is.

Hornkiller

Now the Million(s) dollar question: Why does OU want to stay in the Big XII?

Forget all the ranting about how the Sooners want an easy schedule (look at their OOC schedule) and let's put traditional rivalries on the back burner.

OU for all purposes has a standing invite to the Pac-12 and it's no secret the SEC would salivate to have another national power in the house. Rumor has it that the B1G has been putting out some soft feelers. So now that the Big Bad Whorns have no leverage what is keeping Boren from saying "Gentlemen... we're going to the XXX?"

Dodds has nothing to offer except the LHN, Beebe is a joke whose probably rushing up to Norman after shining Dodds shoes for the last 10 years to get in Boren's good graces. OU knows Notre Dame isn't coming, BYU is probably staying put and if they really wanted to play Houston, SMU and Rice they'd schedule Houston, SMU and Rice. Shoot OU even has leverage on the beloved Red River Shootout game.

What does the Big XII have to offer OU? And if the SEC or B1G decide to go after Missouri watering down the conference to 8 where does that put the Sooners? OU has never had it better and probably never will. They've got to strike while the iron is hot... the question isn't if it's where.

SemperHawg

So basically from what I gather the only schools trying to hold this up are the ones that have no where to go when the Big 10.5 falls apart?

NWASooner

Quote from: PorkPariah on September 07, 2011, 05:41:35 pm
Okay, now I'm going to have to ask: are you just trying to be funny recently or is your self esteem really that deep in the crapper?

It's just that 99% of this board thinks that that a team moving conferences is akin to trading a fantasy football player.  There are millions of dollars at stake with the current status quo.  People will do whatever they can to protect that.

A&M has been in way over their heads from the beginning.  The SEC has told them twice in public now to clean up their legal scene and they can't seem to understand that.

Hornkiller

Quote from: PorkPariah on September 07, 2011, 05:41:35 pm

I don't think he's being funny. Love them or hate them OU has never had the power they have today. Texas has no leverage on them other then to split the LHN money which if OU is getting a slice you know the little 8 won't be far behind with their hands out. (to which if Texas really cared about the Big XII they would have done it early and given A&M their cut) The Pac-12 already ask them to join, the SEC made an offer last year and Silve would love to have another national power in the stable. The B1G is putting out feelers hoping to swoop in last minute in a grand plan to get OU and Notre Dame.

OU's destiny is all in their own hands and they'll get rewarded richly if they play their cards right. Something Texas thought the could do and something the lawsuit 5 wishes they could do.

NWASooner

Quote from: Hornkiller on September 07, 2011, 05:45:11 pm
Now the Million(s) dollar question: Why does OU want to stay in the Big XII?

Forget all the ranting about how the Sooners want an easy schedule (look at their OOC schedule) and let's put traditional rivalries on the back burner.

OU for all purposes has a standing invite to the Pac-12 and it's no secret the SEC would salivate to have another national power in the house. Rumor has it that the B1G has been putting out some soft feelers. So now that the Big Bad Whorns have no leverage what is keeping Boren from saying "Gentlemen... we're going to the XXX?"

Dodds has nothing to offer except the LHN, Beebe is a joke whose probably rushing up to Norman after shining Dodds shoes for the last 10 years to get in Boren's good graces. OU knows Notre Dame isn't coming, BYU is probably staying put and if they really wanted to play Houston, SMU and Rice they'd schedule Houston, SMU and Rice. Shoot OU even has leverage on the beloved Red River Shootout game.

What does the Big XII have to offer OU? And if the SEC or B1G decide to go after Missouri watering down the conference to 8 where does that put the Sooners? OU has never had it better and probably never will. They've got to strike while the iron is hot... the question isn't if it's where.

I'm not sure they completely want to stay in the Big 12.  I think it's about 60/40 stay vs. go.  They generally like their set up right now.  They make a lot of money, have a very workable conference with a cheap travel budget and can have nice success.  However, they would also really like the Pac-12 for a whole list of reasons.  I don't think it's a loss either way they go.

OU's position with Texas is that they're allies except when their interests diverge.  At this point Texas needs OU more than OU needs Texas.  UT is actually OK with A&M going somewhere else but they CANNOT have OU leave.  Texas can leave, too, but that stupid LHN is an albatross.  The Pac-12 could probably make that work but Texas would have to give up some money.

Texas also knows that money isn't totally everything.  They could rake in millions but have a totally uninteresting schedule and no one would care or watch.  They need a conference but really want the LHN.  They're going to have to make a choice.

ark30inf

Rumor now is that none of the parties will ever sign a waiver but will agree not to actually sue unless the SEC attempts to take another Big 12 team.

In other words...."we want to screw Missouri".

NWASooner

Quote from: Hornkiller on September 07, 2011, 05:50:48 pm

OU's destiny is all in their own hands and they'll get rewarded richly if they play their cards right. Something Texas thought the could do and something the lawsuit 5 wishes they could do.

It's also something A&M wishes they could.  They have zero leverage with anyone now to the point their entire fate rests in the hands of Baylor.

Doug

Quote from: Billy BayouAccording to Chip Brown
This is all I had to read to know that I needed to stop reading the rest of your post.  Ol' Chippy is a Longhorn (runs OrangeBlood.com) guy, through and through. If it doesn't benefit the Longhorns, Big 12 or anything associated with them in a GOOD way, he slants his stuff beyond any reproach of credibility.

Quote from: SemperHawgSo basically from what I gather the only schools trying to hold this up are the ones that have no where to go when the Big 10.5 falls apart?
Hammer, meet nail head. That's exactly it.
--Doug

DukeOfPork

Quote from: NWASooner on September 07, 2011, 05:46:55 pm
It's just that 99% of this board thinks that that a team moving conferences is akin to trading a fantasy football player.  There are millions of dollars at stake with the current status quo.  People will do whatever they can to protect that.

A&M has been in way over their heads from the beginning.  The SEC has told them twice in public now to clean up their legal scene and they can't seem to understand that.

I agree with you on that, but I certainly don't agree that OU is in a "no lose" situation.

Any result that keeps OU in the Big 12 is a bad deal.  I think we can all agree that regardless of lawsuits, the Big 12's days are numbered.  Every single member of that conference started plotting exit strategies last year.  There's no putting that genie back into the bottle.

The PAC 12 wants OU and it would be a stable conference to go to, but outside of stability why on earth would OU want to be in a conference two timezones away?

I hate it because I want the Big 12 to stay together - it makes geographical and traditional sense.  But that is just not an option anymore.

NWASooner

Quote from: PorkPariah on September 07, 2011, 05:56:07 pm
I agree with you on that, but I certainly don't agree that OU is in a "no lose" situation.

Any result that keeps OU in the Big 12 is a bad deal.  I think we can all agree that regardless of lawsuits, the Big 12's days are numbered.  Every single member of that conference started plotting exit strategies last year.  There's no putting that genie back into the bottle.

The PAC 12 wants OU and it would be a stable conference to go to, but outside of stability why on earth would OU want to be in a conference two timezones away?

I hate it because I want the Big 12 to stay together - it makes geographical and traditional sense.  But that is just not an option anymore.

I generally agree but if the Big 12 stays together, OU still makes $22 million with the option for it's own network.

I'd rather OU go to the Pac-12 with Okie Lite and the two Texas schools but the Big 12 currently is a very workable (albeit) boring conference.

kaiserhog

The Big 12 is very close to irrelevance regardless whether it stays together.  When it lost Nebraska it lost credibility as a BCS conference.

Boardon Hamsay

Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State

This is not surprising as these schools are pretty much scrambling to find a new home.  It will be interesting to see which conferences clean up the leftovers.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

DukeOfPork

Quote from: NWASooner on September 07, 2011, 06:00:21 pm
I generally agree but if the Big 12 stays together, OU still makes $22 million with the option for it's own network.

I'd rather OU go to the Pac-12 with Okie Lite and the two Texas schools but the Big 12 currently is a very workable (albeit) boring conference.

OU is definitely one of the "haves" in the Big 12, so yes, OU would make more money in the short term.

But there is no such thing as a "long term" in the Big 12.

Inhogswetrust

SO IF the sucky sooners TRY to move to the Pac 12 then will you be mad IF the other little 12 schools pull the same stunt against them that they appear to be doing to Tamu! That would be ironic IF the sooners try to move and are held up by legal action. You can't have it both ways!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NWASooner

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 07, 2011, 06:23:52 pm
SO IF the sucky sooners TRY to move to the Pac 12 then will you be mad IF the other little 12 schools pull the same stunt against them that they appear to be doing to Tamu! That would be ironic IF the sooners try to move and are held up by legal action. You can't have it both ways!

Then OU will stay in the Big 12 and get $22 million per year along with rights to their own network that they figure they can get $3-$5 million for.

Do you really not get this?  OU wins no matter what happens.  You can have it both ways.

The real Hogules

Quote from: NWASooner on September 07, 2011, 06:49:00 pm
Then OU will stay in the Big 12 and get $22 million per year along with rights to their own network that they figure they can get $3-$5 million for.

Do you really not get this?  OU wins no matter what happens.  You can have it both ways.

Yes, we get it.

Now, you were wrong about practically EVERYTHING, get it?

And as for your Sooners, it wouldn't have mattered if they had slowed played the entire situation and been forced into playing a season as an independent, you would have sworn up and down that was exactly what the Sooners had been leveraging for from the very beginning.

You didn't know $#!T and you still have absolutely no earthly idea what's going on any more than 85% of the posters on this board.

PS. Have a wonderful evening.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

56Hog

That OSU isn't in on this is significant.  This is a delaying tactic giving a little while longer to work on some sort of deal where MU KU and KSU are shopping themselves as a package to the SEC along with A&M.  MU may also be still be trying to get thr B1Gs interest.

But A&M is going to the SEC, even if they have to wait till July 1 when they will be out of the B12 and there will be no legal basis dor BU or any other B12 member to present an impediment to the SEC provisional offer.  Essentially if the status quo holds Loftin can wait to 7/1/12 pick up the phone and accept.

Its tough on the Aggie fans but time is on their side.  Unless Texas caves in on revenue sharing with OU OSU and Tech, OU bolts then A&M bolts.  Where MU is on this business is interesting.  If they are in on this with KU and KSU there may be a price to pay with Slive down the road.

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

hawgfan80

OU isn't done wheeling and dealing. Even if they stay in the Big 12 for now, it's not permanent. It's temporary.

Catfish Joe

Bwahaha... Let us know how that TV deal works out ...hahahahaha. I really needed a good laugh
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

NWASooner

QuoteYes, we get it.

Some people don't, though.  Whenever I hear "OU/Texas is screwed if.....", I think you don't know what you're talking about.  OU has positioned themselves in a no lose situation and Texas has only one "lose" scenario and that's OU totally leaving them, which would be long term suicide on OU's part.

Good negotiators try to find a win/win situation for both parties.  If they can't, they're a win/win situation for themselves.

This is where Frank Broyles doesn't get enough credit.  He had no leverage with the SEC but he managed to get Arkansas on equal footing with the other programs despite Arkansas being a school with crappy facilities (at the time) and in a small, poor state.  It's easy to negotiate when you have the upper hand.  Frank never did but Arkansas still won.

Lake City Hog

Baylorfans has a thread about BEVO making a public statement that OU/OSU do NOT have a Pac 12 invite without BEVO and BEVO ain't going! Yeah, OU is really in charge! OU is in charge of exactly what UT tells them to be in charge of. Lap dog? That's almost a slur to lap dogs.

Sooner, you must be feeling really ashamed.

NWASooner

ark30inf

Texas is rotten to the core.  Oklahoma has been along for the ride.

But these little rat schools that hang on in the Big 12 complain and gripe about Texas and Oklahoma and how they hate them....but the moment they might be shed of them and run their own affairs they run around in circles with their arms up screaming "don't leave us master!".

Texas A&M and Arkansas have earned the right to talk about Texas.  But the rest of those cowardly pipsqueaks should never speak about them again.

They want the SEC to sign a waiver that we will not go after any more Big 12 teams in order to let A&M go free.....SIGN ME UP.  I don't ever want to see ANY of those little mice in the SEC.  Give A&M it's freedom...take WVU...and call it a day.

Hornkiller

Quote from: PorkPariah on September 07, 2011, 06:05:57 pm
OU is definitely one of the "haves" in the Big 12, so yes, OU would make more money in the short term.

But there is no such thing as a "long term" in the Big 12.

That is the big ???? I have. OU has to be thinking about next year, 5 -10-15 years down the road. Sure the money is great now... but again OU has been through lean years before where they wern't the belle of the ball.

You would think they would see the writing on the wall, it's about the conferences as a whole not just the sum of 2 or 3 teams. For the Big XII to ever be viable again they would have to add some power teams, and that isn't happening. They would need for the rest of the conference to be challenges to OU / Texas as well as being attractive to a national audience on a year to year basis. Not just one flash in the pan year followed by a bunch of 7-5 seasons. Unless OU leads the conference into revenue sharing (and that's not likely) you'll see a good season out of a Baylor or Kansas, but nothing to build on.

Now you have the conference splintering apart the writing has got to be on the wall. Forget the lawyers if I'm Baylor, Kansas State and Kansas I'm calling an emergancy meeting of the Big XII board for a vote of no confidence in Dan Bebee and saying we need real leadership. Could you see Silve or Scott having to go through this?

That should be OU's big demand. If we stay Bebee goes and we bring in someone who can provide real leadership and vision to get the Big XII-3 out of this mess, move forward and make the tough calls. (i.e. Put Texas and Dodd in their place and show the now there are two conferences and 25 teams that are greater then the one Texas program.) If not, there are two conferences that have great leadership that would be happy to have them. Why not leave yesterday.

Inhogswetrust

But if they COULD have moved to the Pac 12 and then made more but were stopped they would be mad! You can't have it both ways.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Count De Money

Who, in their right mind, would want to join this bunch of bitter beaches. :puke:

NWASooner

Hornkiller, that would be my biggest worry if I'm OU.  What does the landscape look like 10-15 years from now?  Everyone knows the answer.....

RazorbackRon

First, you have zero credibiliity on this subject and second, you have ZERO credibiliity.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Lake City Hog

So, let's get this right just so I will know in the future.
The things that you type on a Razorback message board are to be considered gospel, while the things typed on a Baylor message board are pure bunk, correct?
Just checking, because based on your track record over the last month or so I think that I will trust "Baylorsfans" just a wee bit more than you!

Ugly Uncle

This is why OU doesn't want anything to do with the SEC.  They have pride and they aren't stupid.

OU was great because they had one team they had to beat in the Big 8.  Nebraska.
They had the game with Texas but still could lose that one and go to the Orange bowl.

In the Big 12 Nebraska was on a slide and all they needed to do was beat Texas.

Now, if they go to the Pack 12 who do they have to beat?  USC is on a serious slide and will continue to be under Kiffin.  UCLA?  hardly.  Oregon?  Under investigation and is an overrated team because of the conference they play in.  Seriously, OU could walk in there and own the conference for years to come.

They cannot come to the SEC.  They would be slapped down by Bama, LSU, Florida (most years), GA (again, most years) Arkansas (for the foreseeable future) and Auburn when they can start paying their players again more openly.  On OU's good years they would be 3 or 4 in the SEC.

Make more money with the TV package here, but many less wins and championships.  Donor money follows wins and they would have much fewer wins and would be going to lesser bowls or post season games in the future.

The SEC isn't particularly interested in OU because they really aren't bringing that much to the table.  I'm sure we (the SEC) would have taken them over Texas A.M. but that ship has sailed.  If OU is indeed tied to OSU then the SEC doesn't want anything to do with OU.  OSU brings absolutely NOTHING to the table.  They are OU's ugly sister that you have to take on dates.  OU's value would be good to very good if they were on their own.  But not enough to put up with the Ugly sister.  So, OU is welcome (from all that I have heard) but not if they have to bring OSU.  OU plays it like they are so desired by everyone and they are choosing the Pac whatever.  They need to.  They could own the Pac and the Pac would take OSU.  The Pac just took Utah for goodness sake. 

It is the classic Big fish in a small pond vs. a pretty good fish in a very large pond.  Their decision has been made easier since the very large pond doesn't want their parasite coming with them.
Retired Radio Host

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 07, 2011, 08:15:26 pm
This is why OU doesn't want anything to do with the SEC.  They have pride and they aren't stupid.

OU was great because they had one team they had to beat in the Big 8.  Nebraska.
They had the game with Texas but still could lose that one and go to the Orange bowl.

Now, if they go to the Pack 12 who do they have to beat?  USC is on a serious slide and will continue to be under Kiffin.  UCLA?  hardly.  Oregon?  Under investigation and is an overrated team because of the conference they play in.  Seriously, OU could walk in there and own the conference for years to come.

They cannot come to the SEC.  They would be slapped down by Bama, LSU, Florida (most years), GA (again, most years) Arkansas (for the foreseeable future) and Auburn when they can start paying their players again more openly.  On OU's good years they would be 3 or 4 in the SEC.

Make more money with the TV package here, but many less wins and championships.  Donor money follows wins and they would have much fewer wins and would be going to lesser bowls or post season games in the future.

The SEC isn't particularly interested in OU because they really aren't bringing that much to the table.  I'm sure we (the SEC) would have taken them over Texas A.M. but that ship has sailed.  If OU is indeed tied to OSU then the SEC doesn't want anything to do with OU.  OSU brings absolutely NOTHING to the table.  They are OU's ugly sister that you have to take on dates.  OU's value would be good to very good if they were on their own.  But not enough to put up with the Ugly sister.  So, OU is welcome (from all that I have heard) but not if they have to bring OSU.  OU plays it like they are so desired by everyone and they are choosing the Pac whatever.  They need to.  They could own the Pac and the Pac would take OSU.  The Pac just took Utah for goodness sake. 

It is the classic Big fish in a small pond vs. a pretty good fish in a very large pond.  Their decision has been made easier since the very large pond doesn't want their parasite coming with them.

Yep.  They know they can go to the PAC-whatever and immediately be top dog.  Nothing would change for them.  They'll still make a ton of cash and play in BCS Bowls every year because of the schedule.  And I don't fault them one bit for it.  It's exactly the right thing for them to do.  Take every advantage available to you. 

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Billy Bayou

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 07, 2011, 08:15:26 pm

Can you blame them for preferring the Pac?  The plan is to win National Championships.  It seems only logcal to do it the best way possilbe especially if they will make the same money out there.