Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe We Should Turn in FSU for this Obvious Summer Workout NCAA Voilation

Started by Le Hogtre, June 20, 2006, 05:28:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

As long as the coaches are not in attendence its cool to do - Arkansas & the enrolled freshman are doing the same click me

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Le Hogtre

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 20, 2006, 05:31:03 pm
As long as the coaches are not in attendence its cool to do - Arkansas & the enrolled freshman are doing the same click me

I was referring to this (from your ariticle):

"Football, of course, will always be the top state wide phenomenon with basketball a close second. It used to be much easier to keep up with summer workouts but a new interpretation of an NCAA rule has made the athletic department cautious about allowing any scrutiny of the throwing and catching that goes on several days a week on the UA practice fields."

and this quote from Mike Irwin

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,62032.msg791170.html#msg791170

and this from Mike Irwin:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,60520.0.html

Obviously if you are a subscriber to the FSU site, you can get a lot of the information that is being censored at the U of A.   

MDW

The new rule on summer workouts results from the SEC's interpretation of what the NCAA wants.  Florida State and the ACC may not have the same interpretation.

pseudorabies

It seems that most of the SEC schools have decided to take the same stance that Arkansas has set forth.  It seems that a lot of the SEC schools have decided to accept an interpretation of a NCAA rule that not every school agrees with or interprets the same way. 

You will not find ANY rule in the NCAA manual that says voluntary workouts involving incoming freshman are to be closed to the public or media.  This all boils down to them accepting an interpretation given to them of the NCAA Bylaw 13.02.11 dealing with Prospective Student-Athletes from a person associated with the SEC and not the NCAA. 

What is so odd about this whole mess is that, you could ask someone else that works for the NCAA and they could give you a totally diffrent interpretation of this bylaw or rule.

pseudorabies

Quote from: MDW on June 20, 2006, 06:37:11 pm
The new rule on summer workouts results from the SEC's interpretation of what the NCAA wants.  Florida State and the ACC may not have the same interpretation.

You are absolutely correct.

Le Hogtre

Thanks for the clarification and the great info.  This is a very confusing situation. 

pseudorabies

Quote from: slumpbuster on June 20, 2006, 10:09:15 pm
Quote from: Le Hogtre on June 20, 2006, 06:11:00 pm

"Football, of course, will always be the top state wide phenomenon with basketball a close second. It used to be much easier to keep up with summer workouts but a new interpretation of an NCAA rule has made the athletic department cautious about allowing any scrutiny of the throwing and catching that goes on several days a week on the UA practice fields."

My question is if the athletic dept has to totally stay out of the volutary summer workouts how can they allow or disallow anything?  Them running interference and keeping the media out definately puts them in a position where they are running and orchestrating the workouts.

I asked when this thing first came out if any of the media members on this board had actually contacted other schools and their media outlets if they were having the same type of information embargo NCAA excuse thing at their school.  To me it was a legitimate question a reporter would ask.  To this date this post from FSU is the closest thing I've gotten to an answer.

The whole thing is bogus BS the UA came up with to scare folks off from watching the freshmen.

Read my post again.  I said most of the SEC schools are doing the exact same thing as Arkansas.

pseudorabies

I contacted a lot of the SEC schools and was told that they were closed to the media and public. 

Wooisme

LOL....anyone else "smell" yet another smoke (draw) screen from HDN?

We MUST be coming back to the field of play after another timeout.
HDN: DID LESS with MORE than any coach in Razorback History.