Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Schaeffer's Corner - "Slow Days of Summer" (Article)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, June 19, 2006, 02:41:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Years of working with coaches has taught me to be hesitant to declare a true freshman ready to start at quarterback but I have to believe it will happen early in the year. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see Mustain take the first snap against USC.  (click below)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PigPusher

I agree. Logic suggests if they are going to get him ready then usc is the time to get it started.   
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

LA HAWG

I think Mustain should be the starter but I also hate to see Casey Dick fade into obscurity.  He is a good QB and it sucks for him.

PigPusher

Quote from: LA HAWG on June 19, 2006, 03:10:41 pm
I think Mustain should be the starter but I also hate to see Casey Dick fade into obscurity.  He is a good QB and it sucks for him.

Remember Casey came to Arkansas knowing that he might not even play quarterback. There was a lot of discussion on that very subject. Also, remember he started as a freshman and the University did not fall to the ground as a result. He did very well under the circumstances.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

RazorHawg16

HOGLUVIN

Casey is a born leader. Turns out that his most important task might be helping hand over the reigns.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on June 19, 2006, 06:23:58 pm
if it weren't for casey, mitch may not be here.

Im not sure I follow that.  What does Casey have to do with Mitch coming??
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

gatecrasher

werehog

Whoa boy, starting Mitch against USC is like telling an 18-year-old fresh recruit in the military that he is going to walk point in a sweep of a Sunni stronghold. If MM starts, I hope they provide him with a flak jacket to protect his ribs.

BigBabyHog71

Quote from: werehog on June 23, 2006, 12:37:25 am
Whoa boy, starting Mitch against USC is like telling an 18-year-old fresh recruit in the military that he is going to walk point in a sweep of a Sunni stronghold. If MM starts, I hope they provide him with a flak jacket to protect his ribs.

Yeah I agree, because any team we face especially teams with good coaches like USC are going to bring the house the whole game.  And while we do have DMac and Felix to take some of the pressure off, that is a very big task to ask a freshman to handle.

Call Mr. Sow