Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Archie Goodwin

Started by crabeyes, October 25, 2012, 01:02:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tick Hog

Never really understood why it seems such a hard thing to do in College basketball. I get the home team could get some extra calls due to home court and fans influence but to me it still comes down to basics with players that are mentally tough to excute the game plan. The floors the same length, goal same height. If you need a home crowd to get you to play with full effort and toughness than in my opinion major college basketball is not for you. To me thats the beauty of basketball. So simple but difficult at the same time. Shoot for a good %, rebound, and when you get to the line make it.

Jeffcphog

Kentucky Boards in meltdown.  Calling Archie selfish and overrated.  Hope he enjoys it.

Danny J

Haven't really been watching other college games for the last few weeks or so. What is going on with Goodwin? What has he done specifically? Are they still trying to turn him into a scoring PG?

jbcarol

In all your years of watching Kentucky basketball, can you think of a more frustrating player to watch than Archie Goodwin?  I'm going to try to play nice because he's giving it his all but... damn... pass the ball, Archie.  The aforementioned 15-minute stretch when Kentucky couldn't buy a basket falls heavily on Archie's shoulders.  For whatever reason, whether it be selfishness or severe tunnel vision, Archie insists on keeping the ball for himself when he has open teammates.  His strategy of driving to the lane, blindly throwing it at the backboard, and hoping for a whistle is incredibly difficult to watch, especially on possessions when Kentucky needs to score.  Again, I hate to pile it on him because he is playing hard and his intentions are good, but he has to start playing team basketball.  This is not the University of Archie Goodwin, and, as good as he is, the University of Archie Goodwin wouldn't win many basketball games.  It was his worst outing of the season.

Which do you want first, the bad news or the good news on Alex Poythress?  Bad news?  Well, the bad news is he wasn't a factor at all tonight.  He fouled out with six points and five rebounds in 15 minutes of action.  The good news is he'll make a pretty reliable sixth or seventh man on Kentucky's roster next season.  I think any hope of Alex Poythress being a lottery pick is completely out the window at this point...

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=125975
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

When it comes to Goodwin's shooting, less is more for UK basketball

When a reporter asked about Goodwin's one-on-three drives in transition, Calipari playfully corrected. "One on five," he said. "Just throw it up there."Polson saw those attempts as a carryover from high school. "He could probably do that in high school," he said. "He was so talented and athletic. He got away with it in college, too. At the same time, we're just trying to get him to come to jump stops, and he does a really good job with that. That's going to help him, but it's going to help us out."

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/21/2485082/when-it-comes-to-goodwins-shooting.html
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PonderinHog

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on January 23, 2013, 12:40:03 am
Haven't really been watching other college games for the last few weeks or so. What is going on with Goodwin? What has he done specifically? Are they still trying to turn him into a scoring PG?
I think he had seven points against Alabama.

jbcarol

As provided by Alabama sports information, John Calipari quotes after UK's 59-55 loss to the Crimson Tide on Tuesday night:

If they are not going to call those [fouls], then Archie [Goodwin] needed to pull up or shoot around them. I just kept telling him and he just kept going. So I will watch the tape to see if he got wacked or not and he may not have, the official was right on it and said he didn't get touched – bodies were flying – but he said he didn't get touched and I have to trust [the official's] judgment on it.

You have to give Alabama credit. They fought and had great confidence and they played to win. We played not to lose, which young guys do on the road at times."

"Everybody thought what would hurt us was the press, but it helped us. Then [Alabama] just said, 'don't even press, we are just going to lock them in to a half-court set and be physical and if they drive, go body-to-body.'

They ran and got good shots and got second shots that we didn't. They had nine offensive rebounds, but three were very late, tip-in plays that killed us. You stop them, and they miss it, but they tip it in. Tough game, but we still haven't totally bought in – individual players haven't.

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2013/01/23/john-calipari-we-took-a-step-back/

The Hogfather

Archie has talent, but he's a high volume shooter.  If he's not on, the team probably won't be on.

nationwish

Quote from: tick hog on January 22, 2013, 11:04:41 pm
Never really understood why it seems such a hard thing to do in College basketball. I get the home team could get some extra calls due to home court and fans influence but to me it still comes down to basics with players that are mentally tough to excute the game plan. The floors the same length, goal same height. If you need a home crowd to get you to play with full effort and toughness than in my opinion major college basketball is not for you. To me thats the beauty of basketball. So simple but difficult at the same time. Shoot for a good %, rebound, and when you get to the line make it.

Look at it this way, before you had the one and done rule, the very elite players went straight to the NBA, and then that next group would play a year, maybe two in college, with the rest playing four years before going to the NBA or other careers.

Today, you have both the top group of players and that next group trying to go pro after a year or two. I don't know how much the statistics back it up, but you'd think roster turnover would have increased. Even with the best players in the world, it takes some time playing together to really get in stride as a team. Look at Team USA before Coach K took over and how they fell to lesser teams who played together longer. Look at the Miami Heat two years ago, when they were head and shoulders above the rest of the league with the starters' talent but couldn't get it done.

Most college players don't have that level of talent, focus, and drive that the average NBA player will have, so the difficulty winning on the road doesn't surprise me. You give them those few extra distractions and it is enough to make that much of a difference.

hogsanity

Quote from: nationwish on January 23, 2013, 07:49:28 am
Look at it this way, before you had the one and done rule, the very elite players went straight to the NBA, and then that next group would play a year, maybe two in college, with the rest playing four years before going to the NBA or other careers.

Today, you have both the top group of players and that next group trying to go pro after a year or two.

And this has led to the rise of the mid majors as such threats in the NCAAt.  Teams are together for 3 or 4 years, they have really good guard play, and they shoot the ball well.  They run actual offenses, yes hog fans teams can actually run set plays and win, and they know each others moves, and tendencies.   
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on January 22, 2013, 10:50:43 pm
Their name keeps them in the discussion, but we have a better resume than they do.

Which is saying a lot because our resume is shi....

mbgrulz

Quote from: hogsanity on January 23, 2013, 08:25:41 am
And this has led to the rise of the mid majors as such threats in the NCAAt.  Teams are together for 3 or 4 years, they have really good guard play, and they shoot the ball well.  They run actual offenses, yes hog fans teams can actually run set plays and win, and they know each others moves, and tendencies.   
I agree with everything you said, except...

Set plays are not an offense. Set plays are awesome to have, but they do take time like you said to be able to execute well. They also take having a good PG.

Offenses are what you have to be able to run when a team is up in your grill and won't let you run a set play, or has scouted you well, and knows your stuff too well. Whether it be motion, princeton, Spread Pick and Roll or whatever, those are offenses that teams fall back on when a set breaks down. If you want to be any good at all, you better be able to fall back on an offense, and not rely on sets.

I've had many great coaches all tell me the same thing...Teach kids HOW TO PLAY, not PLAYS. Plays are for football.

MikePiazza

I think it's funny how they propped Archie up like he was the next John Wall-Brandon Knight-Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and now that they're struggling, he's selfish and overrated.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Jackrabbit Hog

The Calipari supporters on this board must all be on vacation at the same time - haven't heard much from them the past couple of months.  Could it be that the Greatest Coach Who Ever Lived has a team that is underperforming?  That's not supposed to happen!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: MikePiazza on January 23, 2013, 09:12:27 am
I think it's funny how they propped Archie up like he was the next John Wall-Brandon Knight-Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and now that they're struggling, he's selfish and overrated.

Kinda like we are when BJ has a bad game.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

MikePiazza

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 23, 2013, 09:24:37 am
Kinda like we are when BJ has a bad game.

Well maybe some on here are like that but I certainly don't get on here and say he sucks if he struggles.

RockChalkJayhawk

How to win on the road is no mystery.  Having all the necessary ingredients to do so however, is not easy.

The main ingredient is having good players; obviously that is where it starts. 

Good coaching is essential.  Taking care of the ball is paramount. Getting good shots and shooting a high percentage is a priority. The ability to guard, the tenacity to follow scouting report, rebounding, effort to 50-50 balls and bench contribution play roles as well.

Controlling tempo is key.  Being able to adjust, adapt, and win in various score ranges gives a team a leg up.  Experience, poise, mental toughness and the ability to execute are also necessary.  And I agree, the one-and-done aspect of college basketball has made this more difficult at some places.

As we all know, in college basketball the home team does have a distinct advantage in most venues.  Largely due to crowd energy, comfort level, and the propensity to make more perimeter shots throughout a game.  This combination of intangibles also enables the home team to get their share of borderline calls and establish and keep momentum.

While team A enjoys the comforts of their own bed, routine and facilities, team B is dealing with crappy flights, delays, lugging stuff around, hotels, bus rides, and other distractions you don't put up with when playing at home.  There is much to overcome when playing on the road, no question.  However, it's not the impossible chore some make it out to be. 

MikePiazza

Quote from: RockChalkJayhawk on January 23, 2013, 09:29:53 am
How to win on the road is no mystery.  Having all the necessary ingredients to do so however, is not easy.

The main ingredient is having good players; obviously that is where it starts. 

Good coaching is essential.  Taking care of the ball is paramount. Getting good shots and shooting a high percentage is a priority. The ability to guard, the tenacity to follow scouting report, rebounding, effort to 50-50 balls and bench contribution play roles as well.

Controlling tempo is key.  Being able to adjust, adapt, and win in various score ranges gives a team a leg up.  Experience, poise, mental toughness and the ability to execute are also necessary.  And I agree, the one-and-done aspect of college basketball has made this more difficult at some places.

As we all know, in college basketball the home team does have a distinct advantage in most venues.  Largely due to crowd energy, comfort level, and the propensity to make more perimeter shots throughout a game.  This combination of intangibles also enables the home team to get their share of borderline calls and establish and keep momentum.

While team A enjoys the comforts of their own bed, routine and facilities, team B is dealing with crappy flights, delays, lugging stuff around, hotels, bus rides, and other distractions you don't put up with when playing at home.  There is much to overcome when playing on the road, no question.  However, it's not the impossible chore some make it out to be.

Says the guy whose team survived Bramlage last night...props to the Jayhawks!!

razorpimp

Winning on the road consistently is not a mystery:

1) Rebounding - either win the war or keep it close
2) Make FTs - shoot a high percentage
3) Limit TOs

That is really the keys, unfortunately we lack in all of these areas and have for what 10 years

nextlevel

Quote from: razorpimp on January 23, 2013, 09:35:00 am
Winning on the road consistently is not a mystery:

1) Rebounding - either win the war or keep it close
2) Make FTs - shoot a high percentage
3) Limit TOs

That is really the keys, unfortunately we lack in all of these areas and have for what 10 years

4) Defense without fouling- if you look at the majority of the "home cooking" around the SEC it really is a difference of the home team having a huge lead at the free throw stripe and making them...

The key to winning on the road is playing sound defense without fouling while getting to the line yourself and making free throws, many people harp until they are blue in the face about rebounds, but often times the margin of victory can be found at the line for the home team in SEC play...

Our guys want to play defense with their hands not their feet way too often, Kikko and Gulley are the only ones who are good about playing defense with their feet, the rest of the guys are bad about getting beat with their feet then committing dumb reaching fouls...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: mbgrulz on January 23, 2013, 09:00:45 am

Set plays are not an offense. Set plays are awesome to have, but they do take time like you said to be able to execute well. They also take having a good PG.

Offenses are what you have to be able to run when a team is up in your grill and won't let you run a set play, or has scouted you well, and knows your stuff too well. Whether it be motion, princeton, Spread Pick and Roll or whatever, those are offenses that teams fall back on when a set breaks down. If you want to be any good at all, you better be able to fall back on an offense, and not rely on sets.

I've had many great coaches all tell me the same thing...Teach kids HOW TO PLAY, not PLAYS. Plays are for football.

Winner. Set plays are great in certain instances or key times in the game, your offense should score the majority of your points.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

hogsanity

Quote from: mbgrulz on January 23, 2013, 09:00:45 am

By offense I was referring to actually having a plan that goes beyond run around and hope BJ or Powell gets a shot.  What I see from our team is run down the floor and if we dont get a quick easy bucket, we stand around for 20-25 seconds, then have to panic shoot.  It would be nice if they could run some set plays in specific instances. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

nextlevel

Quote from: hogsanity on January 23, 2013, 10:42:36 am
By offense I was referring to actually having a plan that goes beyond run around and hope BJ or Powell gets a shot.  What I see from our team is run down the floor and if we dont get a quick easy bucket, we stand around for 20-25 seconds, then have to panic shoot.  It would be nice if they could run some set plays in specific instances. 

They run, or are suppose to be running the motion offense, but yes at times they get lazy and stand around. With the motion offense when you get lazy and stand around and do not move and set up screens it does not work.

The motion offense however does work, Bobby Knight ran it for years, and was basically the only offense he ran while at Indiana, he did "OK" with it while there.

Part of the problem is at times when a player drives into the lane it makes a the offense a clusterF(*)U, as the offense works off passing more than drives as well, drives are ok, but it screws it up when a player drives and no shot is taken, that is when you see players end up standing around for long periods of times, probably out of frustration as that drive will screw up the entire flow of the offense for that series and every things will have to be reset.

ell oh ell

hogsanity

Quote from: nextlevel on January 23, 2013, 10:50:15 am
They run, or are suppose to be running the motion offense, but yes at times they get lazy and stand around. With the motion offense when you get lazy and stand around and do not move and set up screens it does not work.

The motion offense however does work, Bobby Knight ran it for years, and was basically the only offense he ran while at Indiana, he did "OK" with it while there.

Ok, at the risk of the wrath I am about to bring down on mysellf, MA is no Bobby Knight.

IT is hard to win on the road, or at home, or anywhere else if your team can't shoot, can't rebound well, and can't play half court on either end.

mbgrulz

Quote from: hogsanity on January 23, 2013, 10:42:36 am
I will give you that, but Its not so much as having a plan as it is having players to execute it. Throw a good PG in there and all of a sudden we have a great plan. Throw some good shooters in there, and all of a sudden the offense looks great. Throw a guy who can score on the blocks, and offense looks great.

Smithian

Archie Goodwin will be in the NBA this time next season.

nextlevel

Quote from: hogsanity on January 23, 2013, 10:54:10 am
Ok, at the risk of the wrath I am about to bring down on mysellf, MA is no Bobby Knight.

IT is hard to win on the road, or at home, or anywhere else if your team can't shoot, can't rebound well, and can't play half court on either end.

It is, but you are talking about a personnel issue.

Why can't we shoot well? Because we do not have any 3 point threats on the team? Why do we not have this? Poor recruiting. Our opponents go to a zone and our scoring/shooting suffers because we have no outside threats.

Why do we not rebound well? A combination of things. Opponents playing zone on the defensive end, opponents dragging our bigs away from the blocks on their offensive end leaving it up to our guards who have tendency to ball watch instead of block out for boards.

Our guards are horrible when it comes to making entry passes to our post players on the blocks, not that I think it would matter as outside of Powell, I'm not sure their post games are good enough to consistently go to anyone of them in the half court game.

Pel recruited a bunch of one dimensional players, Scott is good for basically defense only, Wade 3 point shooting, sort of, Young on offense, Powell on offense, Mickelson? Madden?. What we need is complete players not guys who are good at one thing and marginal at best at everything else, otherwise we will continue to suffer. 

ell oh ell

nextlevel

Quote from: Smithian on January 23, 2013, 11:06:32 am

Good for him, he isn't ready, but good for him.

ell oh ell

MikePiazza

Quote from: Smithian on January 23, 2013, 11:06:32 am

As will BJ Young.

Smithian

Quote from: nextlevel on January 23, 2013, 11:11:03 am
Good for him, he isn't ready, but good for him.
I think he'd be better off as a 2 year player, but he has huge potential.

Red Tusk

Not sure what you people are watching but I see vast improvement on passing and movement without the ball. Are players tentative on finishing? Yes. Do we end up with the best shot possible every time? No. Are they learning and getting better with in game experience? Mostly yes.

Flashback to this time 2011 and before. Screens for RC. I'll take this over that any day.
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

ICEman

Archie made a 'business' decision.  He now has to live with that decision.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Smithian

Quote from: Red Tusk on January 23, 2013, 11:23:52 am
Not sure what you people are watching but I see vast improvement on passing and movement without the ball. Are players tentative on finishing? Yes. Do we end up with the best shot possible every time? No. Are they learning and getting better with in game experience? Mostly yes.
I agree. I've said before that there will be stretches where the offense really clicks. The halfcourt offense works it's just about plugging in better players as well as speeding games up (rebounding/defense).

razorpimp

Quote from: Smithian on January 23, 2013, 11:51:29 am
I agree. I've said before that there will be stretches where the offense really clicks. The halfcourt offense works it's just about plugging in better players as well as speeding games up (rebounding/defense).

I'm just not sure what is going on mentally with our "so-called" shooters.....shooters shoot....and a shooter in a slump just needs to shoot out of it

CMA and staff need to preach this to them

nextlevel

Quote from: razorpimp on January 23, 2013, 12:05:31 pm
I'm just not sure what is going on mentally with our "so-called" shooters.....shooters shoot....and a shooter in a slump just needs to shoot out of it

CMA and staff need to preach this to them

Who on the team is a "good shooter"?

Serious question.

ell oh ell

labb

Kikko, Powell, Wade, Bell, Williams, Mickelson are all good shooters.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: ICEman on January 23, 2013, 11:47:38 am
Archie made a 'business' decision.  He now has to live with that decision.

Honestly, I don't think he's regretting it at all. He's still projected to be a lottery pick right now.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on January 23, 2013, 12:22:49 pm
Honestly, I don't think he's regretting it at all. He's still projected to be a lottery pick right now.

Agreed. He leads the team in minutes, scoring, has been great on the glass.

Any NBA front office should expect a freshman to have ups and downs, especially when he's surrounded by other freshman. He'll still likely be a lottery pick and will have a great future in the league.

Quote from: MikePiazza on January 23, 2013, 11:21:59 am
As will BJ Young.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

razorpimp

Quote from: nextlevel on January 23, 2013, 12:13:02 pm
Who on the team is a "good shooter"?

Serious question.

I never said any of them were good shooters, just shooters

But a true shooter should never, ever be timid, they are supposed to fire away

Everyone except Powell seems very timid on their shot

hogsanity

Quote from: labb on January 23, 2013, 12:21:02 pm

Team is shooting under 43% in their 4 SEC games.   

nextlevel

Quote from: labb on January 23, 2013, 12:21:02 pm

Kikko - 200 min FG 18/38 (.473) , 3Pt 16/31 (.516) FT 4/9 (.444)

Powell - 427 min FG 102/190 (.536) 3pt 16/36 (.444) FT 39/55 (.709)

Wade - 404 min FG 36/81 (.444) 3pt 14/46 (.304) FT 37/52 (.711)

Bell - 147 min FG 22/72 (.305) 3pt 16/55 (.2909) FT 6/16 (.375)

Williams - 187 min FG 26/60 (.433) 3pt 2/14 (.142) FT 14/18 (.777)

Mickelson - 332 min FG 55/113 (.486) 3pt 1/6 (.166) FT 12/14 (.857)

Young - 463 min FG 109/233 (.467) 3pt 13/59 (.220) FT 44/67 (.656)

Scott - 275 min FG 32/69 (.463) 3pt 4/10 (.400) FT 16/32 (.500)

Clarke - 288 min FG 29/69 (.420) 3pt 2/6 (.333) FT 45/60 (.750)

Qualls - 172 min FG 22/56 (.392) 3pt 0/6 (.000) FT 9/17 (.529)

Wagner - 111 min FG 8/27 (.296) 3pt 6/18 (.333) FT 6/6 (1.000)

Gulley - 136 min FG 5/17 (.294) 3pt 3/11 (.272) FT 1/2 (.500)

Don't be surprised to see more and more zone played against us...

ell oh ell

booth1249

Archie won't take all of these UK fans bashing him personally.  Afterall, it's just business.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: booth1249 on January 23, 2013, 01:03:28 pm
Archie won't take all of these UK fans bashing him personally.  Afterall, it's just business.

Well played sir.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

jbcarol

MikePiazza

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 23, 2013, 12:34:37 pm
Agreed. He leads the team in minutes, scoring, has been great on the glass.

Any NBA front office should expect a freshman to have ups and downs, especially when he's surrounded by other freshman. He'll still likely be a lottery pick and will have a great future in the league.

So you agree that BJ will be in the league this time next year?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: MikePiazza on January 23, 2013, 01:56:24 pm
So you agree that BJ will be in the league this time next year?

Why would I think otherwise? Although I didn't find a point for your statement to be in this thread, I went and added it above just to save you (or anyone else) the effort.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=527475.msg7986111#msg7986111

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=527521.msg7985679#msg7985679

tusksincolorado

Archie single handly cost Kentucky that game last night. Drove the ball selfishly into the Bama front line and ended up flat on his behind in the FINAL 60 seconds. Not once, but TWICE!

Facts are Facts.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

GoHogs1091

I figured Goodwin's high propensity to drive to the basket was going to at some point cause some problems for Kentucky this season.  He simply doesn't have a good enough outside shot so he is kind of regulated to just driving to the basket.  The collegiate competition that he was going to face/is facing would/is doing a better job of stopping his constant driving to the basket than that lower level competition he was facing in High School.

Goodwin is going to have to work on his outside shot before he goes Pro, because the competition in the NBA will do an even better job than the competition he is facing at the collegiate level regarding defending his constant driving to the basket.     

jbcarol

"The Good," "The Bad," and "The Ugly"

THE BAD
Archie when he didn't pass: As good as some of his passes were, the frustration with Goodwin driving to the lane and attempting ill-advised lay-up attempts without looking for the open teammate still exists.

THE UGLY:
Archie Goodwin was 5-9 from the free throw line: If Archie is going to consistently drive the ball to the basket and try to get fouled, he has to hit his free throws. He got to the line 9 times, which is great. But he needs to be shooting at a much higher clip to make the most of those opportunities.

THE GOOD:
Archie when he passed: We all give Archie Goodwin a lot of grief for not passing the ball. But let's give credit when it's due... When Archie Goodwin passed the ball last night, great things happened. He hit Ryan Harrow in transition with a beautiful pass for a lay-up. He had a few nice drives and kick outs to the open man for 3-pointers (one to Julius Mays sticks out). He's not a bad passer when he decides to do so...

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=126280

jbcarol