Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ted Kapita

Started by dragon, September 01, 2015, 09:05:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: WorfHog on September 01, 2015, 06:26:34 pm
A two 2pm everyday China shoots a bunch of money into theirs.

Hopefully better than today.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: dsims2k3 on September 01, 2015, 06:20:03 pm
It's not a secret that U of A has a strike against itself to begin given NWA's reputation.  Kids are not lining up to go there. The recruiting classes for BOTH fb and basketball are in cycles. Yet no ons makes the same fuss for football recruiting.

Guess you don't follow football all that closely, but football recruiting is doing very well.

It's been decades since we've had more talent on our roster, and it continues trending up.

Try again to cover Mike's poor recruiting this year.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: gnick4 on September 01, 2015, 06:16:28 pm
So he blew because he recruited a guy good enough to play professionally? You guys are something.

No, because he recruited a kid who had sketchy qualifying academics, and he lost on him.

But keep your head in the sand, I'm sure the view is great.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Jonteviosk on September 01, 2015, 06:23:02 pm
I have to respond to these morons who keep bellyaching about how bad a coach CMA is If I remember. In his first season had a similar situation roster wise but the best player goes down and CMA still has a winning record with no production from post and players who didn't fit his style. He is a good coach and his record has improved every year. None of you doomsaying jackasses can dispute that fact. As for recruiting this season. Its not like we had hoped but if Kapita had been declared eligible this year from the beginning the class wouldn't look so bleak. However, looking at it G- Jimmy Whitt a major talent. G- Dusty Hannahs will be a major contributor and help out immediately. F- Lorenzo Jenkins was a solid addition considering when we signed him and Texas A & M was about to offer him so we stole him from Aggieland. C- Willie Kouassi might be a solid addition if we remember hes only hear to rebound, block shots and play about 12 min. Its a single season and not a bad signing. I would also say the cubbard isn't bear for returning players either. G- Anton Beard once he is cleared to play makes us a much better team immediately. G- Anthlon Bell will finally be a double figure scorer because the playing time will be his.Coach consistently gets improvement from all his players. C-Moses Kingsley should improve dramatically this year as well. Remember Shaq at LSU played and practiced against for 2 years a 7ft German guy named Hammink. After Shaq left Hammink 15pts 10 reb a game. 2 yrs Kingsley played and practiced against Portis. So forgive me if im not willing to write this year off yet. By the end of the year starting lineup will be:

F- Lorenzo Jenkins
G- Jimmy Whitt
C- Moses Kingsley
G- Anthlon Bell
G- Anton Beard

6th man - Dusty Hannahs
Could still make a run. Will have good recruiting class 2016. Its not CMA's fault that Kaptia was impatient and thinks hes better than he actually is wow pro in France Im impressed lol.

So even though CMA whiffed on every single major target this spring, we're supposed to be very excited about a bunch of guys that were hardly recruited??

Impeccable logic.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 03:58:48 pm
The difference is some of us are not as stupid as you want us to be ...

Perhaps, but some you are close enough it's not worrying about the difference.

hoglady

Sure a lot of crying over a kid that hasn't played in a year and no one really knows if that hip is going to hold up.
Anderson's success hinges on this 2016 recruiting class - not much argument there.
If he misses and signs a bad class - we'll be looking for another coach in a few years.
If he recruits well and signs a good class - he can turn this around pretty quick.
I like Mike lots better than Heath or Pel.
I hope he succeeds - don't want to see this program go through another torturous basketball search.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Peter Porker

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 01, 2015, 04:28:03 pm
Nonsensical response. Can't do anything with this. It's unintelligible.

Allow me to interpret his post for you.

"I LOVE MIKE ANDERSON AND HE IS GOING TO BRING BACK THE NOLAN YEARS AND EVEN IF HE DOESN'T IT'S FINE BECAUSE A FEW GAMES A YEAR WILL REMIND YOU OF THE NOLAN YEARS AND IF YOU THINK HE'S FAILING THEN YOU'RE A.......RACIST!!!!!!
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 01, 2015, 05:59:06 pm
Do any of you fortune tellers know what the stock market is going to do tomorrow?

Yes, it will open on time.

dsims2k3

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 01, 2015, 06:46:47 pm
Guess you don't follow football all that closely, but football recruiting is doing very well.

It's been decades since we've had more talent on our roster, and it continues trending up.

Try again to cover Mike's poor recruiting this year.

Football program recruits well in cycles as stated earlier.  Let's see if it occurs 3 straight years. 
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: dsims2k3 on September 01, 2015, 07:34:00 pm
Football program recruits well in cycles as stated earlier.  Let's see if it occurs 3 straight years. 

When has basketball recruited well TWO straight years?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 01, 2015, 07:26:18 pm

"I LOVE MIKE ANDERSON AND HE IS GOING TO BRING BACK THE NOLAN YEARS AND EVEN IF HE DOESN'T IT'S FINE BECAUSE A FEW GAMES A YEAR WILL REMIND YOU OF THE NOLAN YEARS AND IF YOU THINK HE'S FAILING THEN YOU'RE A.......RACIST!!!!!!

Maybe the most awesome Hogville post EVER!!!

-Blu

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 01, 2015, 04:28:03 pm
Nonsensical response. Can't do anything with this. It's unintelligible.

LOL, every time someone proves you wrong, all of a sudden they aren't smart enough to hold a conversation with you, and you have to drop some big words to make yourself feel better.  You got a lot of insecurities if your worried about how smart someone thinks you are on a message board.  I don't give a damn what you think of me, and I can't stress that enough.  And I'll go ahead and throw this out there, notice I never start a conversation with you, honestly don't like talking to you, you've pmed me trying to talk to me before, and reply to my messages all the time, and I entertain you to be nice.  But, I'm not going to do that anymore, because you don't bring anything to the table, you ramble a lot, you throw irrelevant numbers and statistics around that usually have nothing to do with the conversation, and half the time I have no idea what your talking about, it's just a bunch of jibberish with some Stephen A. Smith words thrown in there, that usually has nothing to do with the conversation.

So please please do me a favor, if I'm that unworthy of talking to someone as smart as you, please don't initiate conversations with me.  I can promise you I won't initiate any with you.

Thanks and have a good day!

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Nosboar Accubond

I'm a big CMA fan but dang man... WTH are we doing??

PonderinHog

-Blu

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 01, 2015, 07:26:18 pm

I don't need any interpretation, one thing I will always be is up front an honest, I said what I meant.

And notice how only a few people took offense to the post, there's a lot of people complaining in this thread, and most of them their intentions are never challenged, because they are around, they post during both the good and bad, and people understand when they are frustrated and know their intentions. 

On the other hand, people such as yourself, we're not fooled.  You only show up when something negative is going on, and you seem to be celebrating it.  Either you love misery, your an undercover fan for another school, or there's something about CMA you just don't like.  For example here's a couple of threads that's about something positive, we have 2 top 100 recruits on campus this weekend. 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=597228.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=597225.0

Notice how some posters that are vocal in this thread about being unhappy with recruiting are still supportive in the positive threads.  Nobody has a problem with them.  Guys like you, Porkinson Disease, Hogsanity, Nwahogfan, bigdaddyhawg, and razorpiggie only seem to pop up when something has gone wrong, I can't seem to find any of your names in any positive threads, but your in every single negative thread, don't you think that's a little suspicious? 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 08:20:56 pm
I don't need any interpretation, one thing I will always be is up front an honest, I said what I meant.

And notice how only a few people took offense to the post, there's a lot of people complaining in this thread, and most of them their intentions are never challenged, because they are around, they post during both the good and bad, and people understand when they are frustrated and know their intentions. 

On the other hand, people such as yourself, we're not fooled.  You only show up when something negative is going on, and you seem to be celebrating it.  Either you love misery, your an undercover fan for another school, or there's something about CMA you just don't like.  For example here's a couple of threads that's about something positive, we have 2 top 100 recruits on campus this weekend. 

Notice how some posters that are vocal in this thread about being unhappy with recruiting are still supportive in the positive threads.  Nobody has a problem with them.  Guys like you, Porkinson Disease, Hogsanity, Nwahogfan, bigdaddyhawg, and razorpiggie only seem to pop up when something has gone wrong, I can't seem to find any of your names in any positive threads, but your in every single negative thread, don't you think that's a little suspicious? 

Blu, he wasn't interpreting it for you.  His interpretation was for the rest of us.

:)

Peter Porker

The reason I show up during the bad news is to see how you guys will spin it. It's hilarious. You guys keep moving the goal posts like I've never seen before. I was one that was against the hire and the reasons I stated are all showing themselves.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

-Blu

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 01, 2015, 08:29:59 pm
The reason I show up during the bad news is to see how you guys will spin it. It's hilarious. You guys keep moving the goal posts like I've never seen before. I was one that was against the hire and the reasons I stated are all showing themselves.

So, let me get this straight, you didn't like the hire and don't want him to succeeded, so you only show up when things go wrong, to say "Oh, I told you so" to make yourself feel better somehow, yet you get mad when people call you out on your intentions? LOL!  You do realize he just came off the best season in 20 years and just got an extension?  But I guess in your mind him having a bad 2015 recruiting class somehow eliminates all that, and your somehow winning and sticking it to all of us....

I can't believe someone actually admitted that.  I thought it would be funny, but it's actually more sad.

ricepig

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 08:57:07 pm
So, let me get this straight, you didn't like the hire and don't want him to succeeded, so you only show up when things go wrong, to say "Oh, I told you so" to make yourself feel better somehow, yet you get mad when people call you out on your intentions? LOL!  You do realize he just came off the best season in 20 years and just got an extension?  But I guess in your mind him having a bad 2015 recruiting class somehow eliminates all that, and your somehow winning and sticking it to all of us....

I can't believe someone actually admitted that.  I thought it would be funny, but it's actually more sad.

Actually, no more sad then those who think anyone who disagrees with MA is a racist. I guess they can't be a Gus lover, they have to be something.

-Blu

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 01, 2015, 08:27:36 pm
Blu, he wasn't interpreting it for you.  His interpretation was for the rest of us.

:)

Yea, it was hilarious, I think you, Peter Porker, and well no one else enjoyed that post.  Luckily not many people have a sick sense of humor to get enjoyment out of their own fans getting bad news.  But, you and your crew continue to show us, your not the average hog fans.  I'm happy this thread happened though, we at least got 1 of you to admit you just don't like CMA, so now you guys can't keep telling us it's strictly about wins and losses. 

Props to Peter for at least being man enough to at least admit he's a hater and hoping for failure.  The rest of you are too scared to even admit it, and keep playing this game like we don't already know your intentions.

-Blu

Quote from: ricepig on September 01, 2015, 09:00:33 pm
Actually, no more sad then those who think anyone who disagrees with MA is a racist. I guess they can't be a Gus lover, they have to be something.

There's plenty of people that disagrees with CMA and staff, that nobody challenges their intent.  But, when you have a few guys that seem to thrive and get so much enjoyment whenever it seems things are going wrong, it opens up that discussion.  Why do they dislike him so much?  Why are they happy when things go wrong? Why only show up when things go wrong?  They don't do that to the football coach, don't do it to the baseball coach, don't do it to women's basektball coach, what's the difference?  Only they know their reasoning for acting like this, we can only speculate.

And FYI, if you don't think they aren't some that simply don't like CMA because of his race you are extremely naive.  Despite, what you think this is still the south, and we are in Northwest Arkansas, there are still some with that old mindset, that won't seem to ever let things go.  And that's unfortunate, I never understood not liking someone simply because of the color of their skin, and I never will.

porkinsons disease

Yeah, you are painting a pretty broad stroke with that nonsense. I have not posted all summer even though things have not been very rosy for the basketball team. I have just sat back and watched. I post today simply to correct one of your many erroneous statements and suddenly in your distorted, paranoid "world" I am jumping at the chance to attack CMA.

You have played the race card and accused many of us of enjoying this less than stellar offseason. You couldn't be further from the truth, but I guess that is all the ammo you have left. You try to talk down to those that don't share your opinion and have some overinflated opinion of you "basketball knowledge". As you have suggested to others, ignore my posts also.

Go HOGS
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Mike Irwin

Guys like you, Porkinson Disease, Hogsanity, Nwahogfan, bigdaddyhawg, and razorpiggie only seem to pop up when something has gone wrong, I can't seem to find any of your names in any positive threads, but your in every single negative thread, don't you think that's a little suspicious?
It's a fix they have to have. There hasn't been a stomp on Mike Anderson thread in a few weeks. They must have been freaking out.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 07:46:20 pm
LOL, every time someone proves you wrong, all of a sudden they aren't smart enough to hold a conversation with you, and you have to drop some big words to make yourself feel better.  You got a lot of insecurities if your worried about how smart someone thinks you are on a message board.  I don't give a damn what you think of me, and I can't stress that enough.  And I'll go ahead and throw this out there, notice I never start a conversation with you, honestly don't like talking to you, you've pmed me trying to talk to me before, and reply to my messages all the time, and I entertain you to be nice.  But, I'm not going to do that anymore, because you don't bring anything to the table, you ramble a lot, you throw irrelevant numbers and statistics around that usually have nothing to do with the conversation, and half the time I have no idea what your talking about, it's just a bunch of jibberish with some Stephen A. Smith words thrown in there, that usually has nothing to do with the conversation.

So please please do me a favor, if I'm that unworthy of talking to someone as smart as you, please don't initiate conversations with me.  I can promise you I won't initiate any with you.

Thanks and have a good day!

Another stunningly vacant post from you. I lose bits of my genetic code everytime I even think about you.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

The horrid part is that there are people on this board trying to inflate expectations for the upcoming season. It is going to be very bad. Does nobody any good to pretend otherwise.
[CENSORED]!

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 01, 2015, 09:31:58 pm
The horrid part is that there are people on this board trying to inflate expectations for the upcoming season. It is going to be very bad. Does nobody any good to pretend otherwise.
Exactly......those offseason expectations, followed by damage control during the season and then selective amnesia.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Porked Tongue

WilsonHog

I like Mike Anderson.

But there has been virtually nothing to like about our basketball program this offseason.