Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jaylen Fisher visiting this weekend

Started by Hawg Red, August 31, 2015, 01:21:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

QuotePaul Biancardi ‏@PaulBiancardi 6m6 minutes ago

Team Thad's PG Espn #34 Jaylen Fisher will be officially visiting Arkansas this weekend Sept 4-6 per coach Hurd.

hawginbigd1

Thanks for the scoop HR, I just find it amazing how much we learn about BB recruiting outside of our circle if you will.

The_Iceman

Hawg Red

Would be huge to get the best player out of Memphis. Love Fisher's game.

-Blu

HOGINTENNESSEE

This kid could take our uptempo style to another level on the fast break

HOGINTENNESSEE

nwahogfan1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 05, 2015, 02:59:54 pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/areal_hooper?lang=en

Fisher is having a good time so far

Good.  Maybe we are good true to pass up and he commits this weekend.  I guess I can dream.

TrueBlue

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Is young Mr. Fisher albino? Or a mix like Mr. Booker at Kentucky?

Just curious.  He definitely has a unique look to him and is definitely a major talent.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TrueBlue on September 06, 2015, 10:57:47 am
Not bashing - Just curious - how can you tell by that?

Tweets like this

Fish Sticks
22h22 hours ago
Fish Sticks ‏@areal_hooper
Life been good so far 😎🐗

🐗
https://mobile.twitter.com/areal_hooper/status/640252429095702528/photo/1

Hawg Red

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on September 06, 2015, 11:04:42 am

Just curious.  He definitely has a unique look to him and is definitely a major talent.

Confirmed albino.

choppedporkextrasauce

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on September 06, 2015, 11:04:42 am

what is Mr. Booker mixed with?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hawg Red

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 06, 2015, 11:16:02 pm

Black father (former Missouri player Melvin Booker) and white mother.

mhuff

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 06, 2015, 11:16:02 pm
Actually I think his mother was hispanic, but he definitely had a very light skin complexion, but obviously had hair and facial features that spoke to being African American.  Just a unique looking young person, much like Jaylen, but Jaylen makes Booker look dark.

jry04

October 05, 2015, 08:11:29 pm #19 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:51:55 pm by jry04
Fisher is announcing on Wednesday. It sounds like it is down to Memphis, UNLV, and Arkansas. There is a Memphis alum on twitter saying Fisher took a Memphis visit this last weekend just out of necessity, but has no intention of going there. He said he can confirm Fisher said he will not sign with Memphis due to Pastner, and that he is leaning towards Arkansas or UNLV. I know we have a lot of guards, but we cannot turn down someone like him.

-Blu

Quote from: jry04 on October 05, 2015, 08:11:29 pm
Fisher is announcing on Wednesday. It sounds like it is down to Memphis, UNLV, and Arkansas. There is a Memphis alum on twitter saying Fisher took a Memphis visit this last weekend just out of necessity, but has no intention of going there. He said he can confirm Fisher said he will not sign soth Memphis due to Pastner, and that he is leaning towards Arkansas or UNLV. I know we have a lot of guards, but we cannot turn down someone like him.

Rothstein said he's hearing Memphis and UNLV are the leaders.

Per Rothestein: 2016 PG Jaylen Fisher will announce his college choice on Wednesday, per his twitter page. Memphis & UNLV are the two front runners.

jry04

Quote from: -Blu on October 05, 2015, 08:20:58 pm
Rothstein said he's hearing Memphis and UNLV are the leaders.

Per Rothestein: 2016 PG Jaylen Fisher will announce his college choice on Wednesday, per his twitter page. Memphis & UNLV are the two front runners.
I saw that, but he never said he is hearing that. I think he is just going off what everyone assumes since he is from Memphis. I guess we will find out. I bet it is UNLV. Regardless, it sounds like it is a 3 team race.

-Blu

Quote from: jry04 on October 05, 2015, 09:51:06 pm
I saw that, but he never said he is hearing that. I think he is just going off what everyone assumes since he is from Memphis. I guess we will find out. I bet it is UNLV. Regardless, it sounds like it is a 3 team race.

Yep, I think it's UNLV as well.  It's hard for me to see him coming here now that we got Barford.  If Beard comes back, he's possibly the 3rd PG in line.  I'd have to look at Memphis and UNLV's roster, but I would assume he'd have a better shot at going to either of those places and starting. 

klp1

Fisher was out when we got Barford.  We weren't going to take both

HOGINTENNESSEE

I'd still take him. Barford can play the 2 if needed. No guarantee Beard is back or Monk comes

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: klp1 on October 05, 2015, 09:55:14 pm
Fisher was out when we got Barford.  We weren't going to take both
We would absolutely take Fisher. Can't have too many quick guards who can play D in this system.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hawg Red

FWIW, I did hear a strong rumor about a month ago that the staff would only take one of Barford and Fisher. And that makes sense given the recruiting tendencies of this staff. I could go either way on it, though I prefer to stack up as much talent as possible. But if they feel really good about Monk, it would make sense to just take Barford and Monk.

Woo Pig25

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on October 05, 2015, 11:06:19 pm
We would absolutely take Fisher. Can't have too many quick guards who can play D in this system.
Smartest thing I've ever read on Hogville.  We would absolutely take Fisher in a heart beat. Athletic, strong, physical guards in any system are hard to beat. 

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 06, 2015, 07:15:48 am
FWIW, I did hear a strong rumor about a month ago that the staff would only take one of Barford and Fisher. And that makes sense given the recruiting tendencies of this staff. I could go either way on it, though I prefer to stack up as much talent as possible. But if they feel really good about Monk, it would make sense to just take Barford and Monk.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. However, I question the decision considering the status of Beard and Monk

jry04

I do know the staff feels they have a great shot with Monk, but I am with you on stocking up as much talent. Monk may change his mind 15 times between now and when he announces. If Fisher wanted to come here, I say we take him. We will be guard heavy, but I am fine with that when they are all top 100 type talents.

But, with that said, I doubt we get him.

Quote from: King Kong on October 06, 2015, 08:16:02 am
I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. However, I question the decision considering the status of Beard and Monk
Beard still being in school and on the team gives me reason to believe he will play again.

King Kong

October 06, 2015, 10:16:36 am #30 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:44:56 am by King Kong
Quote from: jry04 on October 06, 2015, 09:05:53 am
Beard still being in school and on the team gives me reason to believe he will play again.

This makes it clear MA still wants him on the team. But if there is jail time I don't see how he stays on the team and that is out of MA's hands

jry04

Quote from: King Kong on October 06, 2015, 10:16:36 am
This makes it clear MA still wants him on the team. But if there is jail time I don't see how he says on the team and that is out of MA's hands
I agree he is gone if there is jail time. However, Mike and Jeff Long are no-nonsense guys for the most part. I could be completely wrong on this, but I feel pretty confident that they have an idea of what Anton is facing. They probably know have a pretty good idea if he is going to serve time. If that were case then I don't see Anton still attending classes, or Mike keeping him around. I guess we will find out soon enough. I do not see how Anton could survive, but I also don't know the details. There has to be some optimism there on Mike's end.

Hawg Red

Hopefully everything will get resolved with Beard and Thomas on or around October 27th (their next court date). All indications are that Thomas will be free and clear. I think Beard will be suspended for a handful of games if he comes away with a plea deal and probation. No punishment (game-wise) if charges are dropped, I'd imagine.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 06, 2015, 11:04:30 am
Hopefully everything will get resolved with Beard and Thomas on or around October 27th (their next court date). All indications are that Thomas will be free and clear. I think Beard will be suspended for a handful of games if he comes away with a plea deal and probation. No punishment (game-wise) if charges are dropped, I'd imagine.

After our misses at PF Thomas's return very important for 16 and with 1 count I think a plea deal is probably a given. I hope everything works out and they both are back.

But at this point I don't it can't be counted as a given. Especially Beard still facing several counts.

-Blu

Quote from: King Kong on October 06, 2015, 12:09:23 pm
After our misses at PF Thomas's return very important for 16 and with 1 count I think a plea deal is probably a given. I hope everything works out and they both are back.

But at this point I don't it can't be counted as a given. Especially Beard still facing several counts.

Thomas is facing 1 and Beard facing 3. 

King Kong

Quote from: -Blu on October 06, 2015, 01:07:21 pm
Thomas is facing 1 and Beard facing 3.

I am aware of the number of counts on each.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 06, 2015, 11:04:30 am
That's probably about right.

WooPig90

This is also what I heard

20gauge

Memphis beat writer and a couple of others on the GP show talking about him today. Said he will announce tomorrow and more than likely its UNLV. But these kids can flip in the last minute. By they way they talked we didn't have much of a shot.

Big Nasty 34

Sure hope Beard is back otherwise we may be rolling with 1 PG in the future and a bunch of combo guards.

poloprince

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on October 06, 2015, 05:13:53 pm
Sure hope Beard is back otherwise we may be rolling with 1 PG in the future and a bunch of combo guards.

I think he will be back, but working his way back into the good graces of MA won't be easy.   You make it seem as being a combo guard is a bad thing, look across the NBA and they are all over.  Whitt will be able to handle the ball and that is a good thing. 
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

Quote from: 20gauge on October 06, 2015, 05:10:45 pm
Memphis beat writer and a couple of others on the GP show talking about him today. Said he will announce tomorrow and more than likely its UNLV. But these kids can flip in the last minute. By they way they talked we didn't have much of a shot.

I wish we could get him, but with two guards on board and ykw as the top target I understand.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Scott7703

Quote from: 20gauge on October 06, 2015, 05:10:45 pm

Unlv, really?

That is a head scratcher if true

rolyat_2008

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 06, 2015, 10:16:29 pm
Unlv, really?

Unlv has landed many four and five stars over the last 4-5 years

Foshodo

if we play 3 guard then we'll need at least 6, right? im not counting Beard because i just cant set myself up for that...
but that would be Fisher and Barford at the 1
Macon and Whitt at the 2
and Monk and ??? Hannahs at the 3?

ugh... we really need a 4

jry04

Jerry Meyer said his best guess is UNLV, but he sees Arkansas as the #2. Someone from UNLV said he thinks it is Arkansas. Meyer responded, that is a possibility because he sees them as #2, but his best guess is UNLV.

By the way, for the people who like to read into Twitter pages, most of his RT in the last two days have been Razorback RTs. He retweeted one from 12 hours ago that said something about Razorback nation recruiting trail, and had a graphic showing where all the Razorback players are from.

Hogimus Prime

Though MA needs some forwards Fisher is too talented not to take. Plus figure that with Beard he will be a junior along with Macon and Barford, Whitt would be a sophomore and if Whitt is as good as everyone says he is he could bolt after his junior with Beard, Macon  and Bardford as seniors that would be eaving the Hogs with no experienced guards, so yrah take Fisher.

jry04

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on October 07, 2015, 08:22:49 am
Though MA needs some forwards Fisher is too talented not to take. Plus figure that with Beard he will be a junior along with Macon and Barford, Whitt would be a sophomore and if Whitt is as good as everyone says he is he could bolt after his junior with Beard, Macon  and Bardford as seniors that would be eaving the Hogs with no experienced guards, so yrah take Fisher.
Agreed. Fisher would make an instant impact, even with Beard back. He also has potential to be one of the best PG in the conference by year 2 or 3. I am not getting my hopes up, but it definitely sounds like we may have a better chance than we initially thought. There is always the possibility we have no chance, and he is just trolling some Hog fans by RT Arkansas stuff right before he announces, though.

Hawg Red

Would it be a decent theory that if Fisher were to end up committing to Arkansas that Beard's outlook is not-so-good?

Hawg Red

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 06, 2015, 10:16:29 pm
Unlv, really?

Big move for him geographically, but UNLV's gotten a lot of ELITE recruits in the last few years. Former #1 overall pick Anthony Bennett, Bucks 1st round pick Rashad Vaughn this year, Christian Wood was highly rated but fell off draft boards due to work ethic concerns, 5-star center Stephen Zimmerman is currently on campus as a freshman (spurned Kentucky and others). On-court success doesn't match, but they get plenty of talent.