Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cameron McGriff On Official With Jaylen Fisher

Started by chiefhawg, August 31, 2015, 01:51:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

August 31, 2015, 01:54:16 pm #1 Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:05:15 pm by -Blu
HUGE weekend.  Would really give us some momentum if we got both commits.  Perfect weekend to have multiple visits, SEC Network will be down here with their Gameday crew, everyone is hype about this football season, Fayetteville will be rocking this weekend.

I actually seen a few days ago Fisher sent a message to Anthlon Bell asking how Arkansas was on twitter.  It didn't show on his twitter feed, but showed on verbal commits. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

MA and crew are getting very good players on campus. If we could hit on some big names like these kids early it could go a long way help get even more quality players in this class

Hawg Red

This roster sorely needs a Cameron McGriff-type player.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 31, 2015, 02:22:01 pm
MA and crew are getting very good players on campus. If we could hit on some big names like these kids early it could go a long way help get even more quality players in this class

Would really ease the pain of a possible difficult upcoming season.

Ray Piggers

Hope it goes well!

We could use some good news
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

nwahogfan1

Quote from: chiefhawg on August 31, 2015, 01:51:41 pm
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Arkansas-set-to-play-to-a-pair-of-official-visitors-this-weekend-39058022

I read where McGriff played on a Texas Summer team with two other Guards that we were also recruiting.  I was hoping they would all take the trip together and we would offer all three.  Anybody have any news on that situation?

Will McGriff sign by himself? Or do we need to add a freind?  I hear both of his friends will be solid 3 star prospects.  This true?

Letsroll1200

Travis Ford will be out at Oklahoma State. Do we have a chance to get Cam McGriff due to a change in the coaching staff?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 10, 2016, 02:34:42 am
Travis Ford will be out at Oklahoma State. Do we have a chance to get Cam McGriff due to a change in the coaching staff?

Unless their is turnover/transfer in the current roster (Arkansas is already after two 6'10 players as additions)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 10, 2016, 02:34:42 am

Unless there is a transfer or someone doesn't qualify I would say no. It's a shame he would be a great fit.

Razorod

Probably will wind up at TCU if he receives a full release.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 10, 2016, 03:53:50 am
Unless their is turnover/transfer in the current roster (Arkansas is already after two 6'10 players as additions)

I could see that happening... if Manny went to W/O and a player did transfer,.... could we then sign 3 more?

The 2 bigs and possibly a 3rd.. ie. McGriff or did Fisher ever sign?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 10, 2016, 03:53:50 am

It came down to Arkansas and Oklahoma State before he signed with the Cowboys. With all the bad things that happened in the off season this would be a great addition. McGriff looks like he can play right now.

Hawg Red

You take Manny's scholarship if you can get McGriff. 100%.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 10, 2016, 08:32:32 am
You take Manny's scholarship if you can get McGriff. 100%.

Yeah, but it appears our staff is currently only looking at post players for that scholarship.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 10, 2016, 08:35:27 am
Yeah, but it appears our staff is currently only looking at post players for that scholarship.

imo.. We'd take all 3 if we can... the scholarship thing will work out...

Hawg Red

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 10, 2016, 08:35:27 am

Right. But you have to also consider that Travis Ford hasn't been fired yet and McGriff is still signed to play for OK State.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Razorod on March 10, 2016, 07:12:15 am
Probably will wind up at TCU if he receives a full release.

? Because of Parrish? You know Bailey was on that AAU team as well. McGriff didn't even give TCU an official.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 10, 2016, 08:38:33 am
Right. But you have to also consider that Travis Ford hasn't been fired yet and McGriff is still signed to play for OK State.

True, but I also assume McGriff's position scholarship went to Bailey and Cook.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 10, 2016, 08:43:37 am
True, but I also assume McGriff's position scholarship went to Bailey and Cook.

Could absolutely be the case. But I'd still love to have him. The kid from Mali might just be a better signing, though. Maybe even the Serbian kid.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 10, 2016, 08:46:14 am
Could absolutely be the case. But I'd still love to have him. The kid from Mali might just be a better signing, though. Maybe even the Serbian kid.

I agree McGriff is perfect for how we play. I was really surprised when he picked OSU to began with

hei5manhog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 10, 2016, 08:49:24 am
I agree McGriff is perfect for how we play. I was really surprised when he picked OSU to began with

He looks like a grown man in person. If he couldn't get in the rotation I don't think physical maturity would be the issue.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 10, 2016, 08:38:33 am

Travis Ford post game press conference was all I needed to see. It seems he will be fired very soon.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 10, 2016, 09:35:25 am
Travis Ford post game press conference was all I needed to see. It seems he will be fired very soon.

I'm not saying he's not getting fired. But obviously you aren't going to see our coaches recruiting a player that is signed to a school that hasn't officially made a coaching change and then released said player.

Danny J

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 10, 2016, 09:36:54 am
I'm not saying he's not getting fired. But obviously you aren't going to see our coaches recruiting a player that is signed to a school that hasn't officially made a coaching change and then released said player. Can't believe I'm having to explain this.
Yep and I also think that he would have to make first contact with our staff. I would go after him and one of the 2 bigs we are after cuz every year we have had a player transfer out and could see that being jenkins. Would I be ok with that? No question

hei5manhog

Would be nice to have had Babb this year. Did we ever figure out exactly why he left? He played a pretty fair amount last season for a non-elite freshman.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

hogwood

I would take McGriff in a heartbeat. Since the Jones kid hasn't signed, he isn't fully on the team yet. I would take McGriff over him and get one of the bigs out of PA. Or maybe Jenkins will transfer after all.

poloprince

Quote from: hogwood on March 10, 2016, 12:31:20 pm
I would take McGriff in a heartbeat. Since the Jones kid hasn't signed, he isn't fully on the team yet. I would take McGriff over him and get one of the bigs out of PA. Or maybe Jenkins will transfer after all.

Jones will sign, he can't at this very moment due to NCAA rules.
$PoLoPrInCe$

hogwood

Quote from: poloprince on March 10, 2016, 02:53:52 pm
Jones will sign, he can't at this very moment due to NCAA rules.

I know but what if McGriff is super interested again? I can't see Anderson not being loyal to Jones for committing to his program, but dang I wish he would just get McGriff.

Danny J

Quote from: hogwood on March 10, 2016, 03:31:55 pm
I know but what if McGriff is super interested again? I can't see Anderson not being loyal to Jones for committing to his program, but dang I wish he would just get McGriff.
CMA better worry about signing the best players available because his job depends on it. It is going to be year 6 next year and I am sick and tired of hearing about loyalties and "doing the right thing" as far as players and assistants are concerned. I am a CMA supporter but I also want to win. If you think you can get Mcgriff then TELL Manny he's going back to walk on status or ask Jenkins to transfer to a lower tier division where he can play right away and help find him a school. If it were up to me and I could get inside CMA's head and work the controls I would do both those things and go after McGriff and both those Big men because we are likely to see something go wrong in terms of one of the JUCO's or Moses leaving. I have convinced myself of that simply because we are currently going after two bigs(I think with the hope of just signing one).

hogwood

Quote from: Danny J on March 11, 2016, 09:26:15 am
CMA better worry about signing the best players available because his job depends on it. It is going to be year 6 next year and I am sick and tired of hearing about loyalties and "doing the right thing" as far as players and assistants are concerned. I am a CMA supporter but I also want to win. If you think you can get Mcgriff then TELL Manny he's going back to walk on status or ask Jenkins to transfer to a lower tier division where he can play right away and help find him a school. If it were up to me and I could get inside CMA's head and work the controls I would do both those things and go after McGriff and both those Big men because we are likely to see something go wrong in terms of one of the JUCO's or Moses leaving. I have convinced myself of that simply because we are currently going after two bigs(I think with the hope of just signing one).

Exactly what I want him to do too. Did McGriff sign? If so, we have to wait until Ford is even fired to have a chance.

Danny J

Quote from: hogwood on March 11, 2016, 10:38:44 am
Exactly what I want him to do too. Did McGriff sign? If so, we have to wait until Ford is even fired to have a chance.
You are correct....it is a waiting game

The_Iceman

If Cameron McGriff wants to come here, you find room. If you send a current scholarship player packing, or you rescind a scholarship to an unsigned commit, you do what you have to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRmfvMtHBPo

Danny J

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 11, 2016, 12:44:56 pm
If Cameron McGriff wants to come here, you find room. If you send a current scholarship player packing, or you rescind a scholarship to an unsigned commit, you do what you have to.

You convinced me......

ShadowHawg

Manny would go back on walk on status if McGriff decides to leave OSU and come here. I have no doubts about it.

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: hei5manhog on March 10, 2016, 10:42:55 am
Would be nice to have had Babb this year. Did we ever figure out exactly why he left? He played a pretty fair amount last season for a non-elite freshman.
he decided to go to Iowa st and play with his brother.

Big Nasty 34

Swinesong1

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on March 12, 2016, 09:01:32 am
he decided to go to Iowa st and play with his brother.
His brother played for the Celtics when Nick was at AR.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: hei5manhog on March 10, 2016, 10:42:55 am

Not really. He averaged under five minutes/game over 26 games, meaning he didn't play at all in 10 games. There were just three games all season (Iona, Utah Valley, & Georgia) where he saw 10+ minutes of play. Among those 26 games he appeared in, there were only eight games where he played more than five minutes.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hawg Red

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 12, 2016, 06:33:46 pm
Travis Ford officially fired.
Now we just have to hope he asks for a release and opens back up his recruiting and our staff makes contact. Would be a mistake to not go after him IMHO

Hawg Red

Quote from: Danny J on March 12, 2016, 08:43:56 pm
Now we just have to hope he asks for a release and opens back up his recruiting and our staff makes contact. Would be a mistake to not go after him IMHO

Huge mistake. Dude is an animal.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 12, 2016, 08:52:25 pm
Huge mistake. Dude is an animal.
Would you rather: Take McGriff or take Cheickna Dembele and Aleksandar Zecevic?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Hawg Red

March 13, 2016, 11:02:01 am #45 Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:05:58 pm by Hawg Red
Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 13, 2016, 12:04:07 am

Why is that the only option?

hogwood

Rescind the scholarship from Jones. Sorry Jones, I appreciate you committing to our program from the start but we gotta win next year!

Then you get Dembele or Zecevic with Manny's scholarship. Maybe both if Jenkins transfers (not that I am necessarily advocating he does, he is just the most likely do to so).

Letsroll1200

I take McGriff but after watching Kingsley get dominated by Florida big man I'm hoping we sign a big. We might be okay next year with Kingsley and Thompson at the 5.

We need some good news to happen for the program and Mcgriff will be a early Christmas present for Mike. We need depth and quality depth. Our bench had two players that could score the ball on their good day. Outside of Beard and Whitt the bench was not going to score.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 11, 2016, 12:44:56 pm

Qualls with handles.  Get him if you can.  Ho Li Chit!

hogwood

Any updates on his status? Does OKST have to hire a new coach before McGriff can get a release?