Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC-Big East Challenge

Started by 5cent_Hog, December 05, 2007, 09:13:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

5cent_Hog

Why is Arkansas not a particpant?

40MINSOFHELL

well we already played alot of games in a short period of time...we need rest so uhm i figure next year will be in the challenge, just couldnt fit it in the schedule

blacksuit

Because it wouldn't be a challenge for us to play a big east team! zing!

Hogtropolis™

It's a 4 year deal right now and could become longer.  But the way it is set up right now is that each conference has 4 teams play each year and within the 4 years all teams in each conference have to play.  Here are some links to an article about it and some threads where we talked about it last spring when it was announced.

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=662256

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=131614.0

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=129841.0

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=130023.0

ua student

do you not realize we got killed by providence

40MINSOFHELL

south carolina plays providence tomorrow, hmm i feel like south carolina is going to get killed lol just like auburn is now, wow why did the sec pick these 4 teams lol makes the sec looks horrible to play these 4 teams

94 Hawg

we could do better than Auburn, they currently trail W. VA 21-4
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Rayzback

They are currently getting spanked!!!
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Kenny Sowers

wow the SEC is looking rather weak, looks like a sweep of Auburn is a strong possibility!
CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

40MINSOFHELL

vanderbilt just won...they are solid sec team....do we play them at home or on the road this year?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on December 05, 2007, 10:05:07 pm
vanderbilt just won...they are solid sec team....do we play them at home or on the road this year?
Road I believe, but I would have to check to make sure.

chiefsfan

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on December 05, 2007, 10:05:07 pm

Road, but Vandy played an ACC team

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

BTW everyone here knows if ESPN is picking the matchups they will give us USF right?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HawgG

Quote from: chiefsfan on December 05, 2007, 11:37:31 pm
BTW everyone here knows if ESPN is picking the matchups they will give us USF right?

You better believe it.

It probably would have been best if those teams were to matchup this season.

I came into the start of the season thinking that Arkansas would kill USF if they played this season, but after looking at and studying the two teams I'm not so sure.

My guess is Arkansas would win a great game in BWA, loose at USF, and pick'em on a neutral site.

Right now Arkansas is not playing as good as I thought they would be, and USF is playing better then anyone and I mean anyone could have forseen.Mainly due to Heath's outstanding freshmen guard who is playing as well as anyone in college basketball right now.The kid had his second straight 30 pt game and he did it on just 12 shots.He also grabbed 14 rebounds to cover for Gransberry being in foul trouble.

Anyway I will still stand by me prediction of Arkansas going to the Final 4.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: HawgG on December 06, 2007, 10:27:47 am
You better believe it.

I came into the start of the season thinking that Arkansas would kill USF if they played this season, but after looking at and studying the two teams I'm not so sure.

My guess is Arkansas would win a great game in BWA, loose at USF, and pick'em on a neutral site.

Right now Arkansas is not playing as good as I thought they would be, and USF is playing better then anyone and I mean anyone could have forseen.Mainly due to Heath's outstanding freshmen guard who is playing as well as anyone in college basketball right now.The kid had his second straight 30 pt game and he did it on just 12 shots.He also grabbed 14 rebounds to cover for Gransberry being in foul trouble.

Are you serious? ???  I can't remember every team, but weren't they losing to some scrubs earlier this year?  I think we would beat them by at least 20.

ua student

hey, i'll be seeing USF play at providence, cant wait to see PC kill them by 30

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 06, 2007, 10:45:25 am
Are you serious? ???  I can't remember every team, but weren't they losing to some scrubs earlier this year?  I think we would beat them by at least 20.

They did lose to some scrubs earlier in the year, starting 0-3, but none of them are sub-.500 teams.  Since then they have reeled off 6 straight wins, including one over 8-2 FSU on the road, and their RPI is now in the Top 100. 

HawgG

Quote from: ajs15razorman on December 06, 2007, 01:33:43 pm
They did lose to some scrubs earlier in the year, starting 0-3, but none of them are sub-.500 teams.  Since then they have reeled off 6 straight wins, including one over 8-2 FSU on the road, and their RPI is now in the Top 100. 
A+++ for you.

See you are not like most fans on this board who claim to be knowledgable, but don't realize that there is actually other things going on outside of their little window.

Not saying that people can't have an opinion, but as I always say on this board at least have some kind of fact(s) to back up a statement or dispute.

HawgG

Quote from: ua student on December 06, 2007, 01:03:10 pm
hey, i'll be seeing USF play at providence, cant wait to see PC kill them by 30

You suppose to be going to college to get smarter.

If was to publish your statement the UofA would lose at least 30% of their enrollments before the next semester.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: HawgG on December 06, 2007, 02:42:47 pm
A+++ for you.

See you are not like most fans on this board who claim to be knowledgable, but don't realize that there is actually other things going on outside of their little window.

Not saying that people can't have an opinion, but as I always say on this board at least have some kind of fact(s) to back up a statement or dispute.
I never claimed to be the most knowledgeable person on this board, but do know a thing or two about basketball.  Just because USF has beaten FSU and won 6 straight doesn't mean they could give Arkansas a run for their money right now.  They don't have the size to matchup with Arkansas.

Arkansas would win by 10+ no matter where the game was held and would have a good chance of winning by 15-20.  Arkansas's depth is going to win them a lot of games this year and also help them extend leads late in the game.  I think that is exactly what would happen in a game against USF.

I think Heath is a very good recruiter and will have USF very competitive if a year or two, but he hasn't had enough time yet and he is not a good enough x's and o's guy to win with inferior players.  USF will struggle mightily this year in the Big East.

BTW, feel free to bring up this thread around mid-Febuary and call me unknowledgable if that is the case.

Hogtropolis™

BTW, I'll go out on a limb and say that USF loses their next two games against UAB and WF, and then goes on to win the two after that against creampuffs to finish their nonconference season 8-5,  which is not any better than last year's 9-5 nonconference record.

USF is still a mediocre team!

alaback

At least someone is stepping up in the challenge.  S. Carolina has a nice lead going into the half against Providence.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: alaback on December 06, 2007, 07:43:36 pm
At least someone is stepping up in the challenge.  S. Carolina has a nice lead going into the half against Providence.

I was quite suprised to see this score while flipping stations....

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

chiefsfan

Quote from: HawgG on December 06, 2007, 10:27:47 am
You better believe it.

Cleveland State and Buffalo both beat South Florida...   just sayin

razorback903

Because the Big East doesn't want to be embarassed.
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

alaback

Quote from: chiefsfan on December 06, 2007, 08:33:04 pm
Cleveland State and Buffalo both beat South Florida...   just sayin

What's up with Florida State?  They lost to Cleveland State and South Florida and beat Florida, Minnesota, and UAB.

USF has won 6 in a row whatever that's worth.  Wait till conference play starts and it will be pretty tough to pick up wins.  The Big East is a very good basketball conference.  I have more respect for the Big East than the Big 10.

cardinalhawg

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 05, 2007, 10:10:43 pm
Road I believe, but I would have to check to make sure.

We play them at home this year.  I am sure that the win at Vandy caught many by surprise last year, since it was after the leak of Heath's job being in jeopardy

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: cardinalhawg on December 07, 2007, 12:18:38 am
We play them at home this year.  I am sure that the win at Vandy caught many by surprise last year, since it was after the leak of Heath's job being in jeopardy
Oh yeah...that's right.  Thanks for getting that straighten out.

condohog

Glad USE east beat Providence last night. I was beginning to worry the SEC was going to get swept.

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: blacksuit on December 05, 2007, 09:46:12 pm

I guess you missed the Providence game then, hun?

HawgG

December 09, 2007, 06:11:36 am #30 Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 06:18:20 am by HawgG
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on December 06, 2007, 07:05:00 pm
BTW, I'll go out on a limb and say that USF loses their next two games against UAB and WF, and then goes on to win the two after that against creampuffs to finish their nonconference season 8-5,  which is not any better than last year's 9-5 nonconference record.

USF is still a mediocre team!

Whats that?

You told me to feel free to bring up this tread in mid Febuary, well how about I bring it up on December 9th instead.

Looks like I was right the first time and I will repeat what I said earlier look outside your window and see that there is actually other things going on.

BTW I never said that USF was a world beater, but that they are better then anyone believed they would be 10 games into the season.Arkansas and USF expectations are not the same as the Razorbacks have dreams of making the Final 4 and USF just wants to get into the Big East Tournament for the 1st time in school history and hopfully a NIT berth.

Heath is a much better coach then most people here give him credit for being.What he is doing is very similar to what Andy Kennedy did at Ole Miss last season and as you may or may not know I call Kennedy the best HC in the SECW by a wide margin.

Hogtropolis™

December 20, 2007, 10:36:09 am #31 Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:37:43 am by Hogtropolis™
Quote from: HawgG on December 09, 2007, 06:11:36 am
Whats that?

You told me to feel free to bring up this tread in mid Febuary, well how about I bring it up on December 9th instead.

Looks like I was right the first time and I will repeat what I said earlier look outside your window and see that there is actually other things going on.

BTW I never said that USF was a world beater, but that they are better then anyone believed they would be 10 games into the season.Arkansas and USF expectations are not the same as the Razorbacks have dreams of making the Final 4 and USF just wants to get into the Big East Tournament for the 1st time in school history and hopfully a NIT berth.

Heath is a much better coach then most people here give him credit for being.What he is doing is very similar to what Andy Kennedy did at Ole Miss last season and as you may or may not know I call Kennedy the best HC in the SECW by a wide margin.
So USF beat UAB, but they still lost to WF.  And they are not going to be sitting any better going into Big East play than they were last year.  They will be 9-4 instead of 9-5.  Not that much of a difference.

They are not a very good team right now and they will be very, very lucky to even make it to the Big East tourney.  There are about 9-10 teams that are a lock and then USF will be fighting with 6 other teams for 2 more spots.  I personally don't think that they will make it.

I still say give Heath 2 more years and he will have them in the Big East tournament every year, but they just aren't there yet IMO.