Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiffin

Started by hogsfootball2008, November 27, 2007, 09:55:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsfootball2008

You know, he hasn't really done all that bad with Oakland. Yes, he is 3-8, but he has won more games than they did all of last year and the games that he has lost have been within a few points. No-one really has run over the Raiders like I expected and Jamarcus Russell hasn't even gotten one start yet! He has to use all the old veterans that AL Davis tries to bring in and win the superbowl with in one year and not grow as team. Ya know like bringing in Jerry Rice and Rich Gannon and Daunte Culpepper etc.

pingeye2

Well, you're probably the only guy on here with less posts than me, but I'm with you...Kiffin is the one who get's me excited...well, him and the pic you have there!

Call Mr. Sow

Kiffin is going to be our next coach. 

JBucc

He's got the Raiders going in the right direction. All the more reason why we should hire him away from the filthy scum.
Read the guidelines for signature images.

Razorback7

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: pingeye2 on November 27, 2007, 10:21:06 pm
Well, you're probably the only guy on here with less posts than me, but I'm with you...Kiffin is the one who get's me excited...well, him and the pic you have there!
Amen on both accounts brutha

go for the gold

The_Iceman

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on November 27, 2007, 10:21:48 pm

that seems to be the word out there.

hogsfootball2008

oldbear

I am warming to the idea very quickly.  Just the thought of someone that young and probably that energetic going into a recruits living room and saying I've already got national championship bling and NFL experience.

Hammibal Lecter

I'm not sold on kiffin because I'm concerned he was just parroting norm chow after he left. I will support who they hire just not sold yet. Mutts gone and I'm reveling in it...so bring on a whoever
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

ekyle1

WMHawgfan

I wonder if Kiffin is truly listening to offers. If this is true his job with the raiders is done. Al Davis, say what you want about him, doesn't screw around. If he hears Kiffin is listening to offers he will fire him on principle.

WilsonHog

Hammibal Lecter

Quote from: WMHawgfan on November 27, 2007, 10:52:05 pm
I wonder if Kiffin is truly listening to offers. If this is true his job with the raiders is done. Al Davis, say what you want about him, doesn't screw around. If he hears Kiffin is listening to offers he will fire him on principle.
I agree. How would that work, and how often  does a coach leave the NFL in seaon to take a college job?
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: WMHawgfan on November 27, 2007, 10:52:05 pm
I wonder if Kiffin is on this message board? No, probably not!

Fatty McGee

How a guy does in the NFL has little to do with how he might do in college. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: Fatty McGee on November 27, 2007, 11:33:31 pm
very true, but he has college experience as well with USC

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

glkman69

If we hire Kiffin, you guys have to realize that either he is going to screw the raiders and not coach with them the whole season or he will be coming here at the end of December!!!  Do you realize how far that would put us behind in recruiting??????????

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: FireNutt on November 27, 2007, 11:34:35 pm
Screw that.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=180351.0
Houston Nutt is experienced!! We aren't looking for just experience. We are looking for someone that has been around a team in college that had winning records

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on November 27, 2007, 10:21:48 pm
I hope you're right pal

HogFansReunited

Quote from: hogsfootball2008 on November 27, 2007, 11:40:25 pm
I hope you're right pal

OK so what has this guy done to make you think he is a good hire?  I think this is a bad move and would set us back.  I would want Nutt back before I would hire this guy.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Quote from: hogsfootball2008 on November 27, 2007, 11:38:09 pm
Houston Nutt is experienced!! We aren't looking for just experience. We are looking for someone that has been around a team in college that had winning records

I have "been around a team in college that had winning records."  That does not mean squat.

Member #3568

Mrsherm

Quote from: Fatty McGee on November 27, 2007, 11:33:31 pm
YEAH ASK PETE CARROLL

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: FireNutt on November 27, 2007, 11:42:11 pm
OK so what has this guy done to make you think he is a good hire?  I think this is a bad move and would set us back.  I would want Nutt back before I would hire this guy.
This is a hypothetical, but if he stays in Oakland, you'll see how he turns the program around for next year. This year he had no choice but to lose. Kind of like what our next head coach is ganna face.

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: FireNutt on November 27, 2007, 11:43:05 pm
I have "been around a team in college that had winning records."  That does not mean squat.
It would if you were looking for a coaching position

Mrsherm

Quote from: hogsfootball2008 on November 27, 2007, 09:55:59 pm
You know, he hasn't really done all that bad with Oakland. Yes, he is 3-8, but he has won more games than they did all of last year and the games that he has lost have been within a few points. No-one really has run over the Raiders like I expected and Jamarcus Russell hasn't even gotten one start yet! He has to use all the old veterans that AL Davis tries to bring in and win the superbowl with in one year and not grow as team. Ya know like bringing in Jerry Rice and Rich Gannon and Daunte Culpepper etc.
SEE MY POST "WHY KIFFIN MAKES THE MOST SENSE"...........posted tonight at 8:30pm

HogFansReunited

Quote from: hogsfootball2008 on November 27, 2007, 11:45:08 pm
This is a hypothetical, but if he stays in Oakland, you'll see how he turns the program around for next year. This year he had no choice but to lose. Kind of like what our next head coach is ganna face.

I am a Raiders fan and I like the fact that he is at Oakland.  I just do not think he is a good fit for Arkansas.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't hate the guy I just don't want him here.

Member #3568

jesterzzn

Quote from: glkman69 on November 27, 2007, 11:36:32 pm
If we hire Kiffin, you guys have to realize that either he is going to screw the raiders and not coach with them the whole season or he will be coming here at the end of December!!!  Do you realize how far that would put us behind in recruiting??????????
He could assemble a staff that could do the leg work.  Like say Hire Orgeron as DC, there that would solve the recruiting problem until he got to campus.

But I just don't see it happening.  Its too good to be true, and it makes so much sense the BoT is sure to be against it.

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: Mrsherm on November 27, 2007, 11:46:30 pm
SEE MY POST "WHY KIFFIN MAKES THE MOST SENSE"...........posted tonight at 8:30pm

very good facts and you are right, he does have some pull here in ark! this may stop the chatter of HDN having pull here

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: FireNutt on November 27, 2007, 11:47:38 pm
I am a Raiders fan and I like the fact that he is at Oakland.  I just do not think he is a good fit for Arkansas.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't hate the guy I just don't want him here.
why though? I am a raiders fan too somewhat! I love the fact that he could come here and instill in us what he learned at USC

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: jesterzzn on November 27, 2007, 11:47:50 pm
He could assemble a staff that could do the leg work.  Like say Hire Orgeron as DC, there that would solve the recruiting problem until he got to campus.

But I just don't see it happening.  Its too good to be true, and it makes so much sense the BoT is sure to be against it.
I just don't think that we will pay the money to match what he wants.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: hogsfootball2008 on November 27, 2007, 11:54:13 pm
why though? I am a raiders fan too somewhat! I love the fact that he could come here and instill in us what he learned at USC

Because of reasons stated in my post.  I just don't think he could recruit to Arkansas.  He has no college football coaching experience.  College and Pro are two different animals.  In this thread, http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=180273.0 it says that he would bring his staff with him.  I do not think he would be able to bring that staff with him and I do not think he knows enough people in the college ranks to put together a good coaching staff.

Member #3568

hogsfootball2008

Quote from: FireNutt on November 27, 2007, 11:59:20 pm
Because of reasons stated in my post.  I just don't think he could recruit to Arkansas.  He has no college football coaching experience.  College and Pro are two different animals.  In this thread, http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=180273.0 it says that he would bring his staff with him.  I do not think he would be able to bring that staff with him and I do not think he knows enough people in the college ranks to put together a good coaching staff.
in this thread, http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=180273.0     there is a much different view

Mrsherm

Quote from: hogsfootball2008 on November 27, 2007, 11:52:55 pm
very good facts and you are right, he does have some pull here in ark! this may stop the chatter of HDN having pull here
....That is very true on Orgeron even if he hired him as D-Line coach he could be here and keep recruiting, Lane could pull the Charlie Weiss move and go back and forth a few times/month.
Also remember this...I don't have the exact numbers but I believe he is one of the lowest paid coaches in the League.