Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Hogville Wikipedians That Can Help With Bret Bielema's Page Vandalism?

Started by NuttinItUp, August 11, 2015, 10:54:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Not sure if there are any Wikipedians here that can help, but the Bret Bielema page on Wikipedia keeps getting changed to give him the nickname "Be rt". (had to put the space in because apparently hogville auto corrects that name) I assume it is a Wisconsin fan or something. As of the moment of me writing this, it is ok and looks fine, but if you look at the history of the page, it has been changed 4 or 5 times now to include "Be rt" (no space) as his official nickname. If anyone who is active on Wikipedia could add it to their watch page and revert the vandalism as it occurs, it would be greatly appreciated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Bielema

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bret_Bielema&oldid=675633206

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bret_Bielema&action=history

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

The_Iceman

Any way to get wikipedia to lock it? I guess its open for anyone to change.

010HogFan

010HogFan

I don't even know why people think "Be rt" is somehow bad or funny...I guess I just don't get the humor.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: 010HogFan on August 12, 2015, 04:59:52 pm
I don't even know why people think "Bret" is somehow bad or funny...I guess I just don't get the humor.

I can see it as a term of endearment, but I also tell myself that when my wife calls me a**hole.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jrulz83

Got rid of the vandalism twice, they changed it back within 5 minutes. What boring lives these people must lead.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 12, 2015, 05:32:37 pm
I can see it as a term of endearment, but I also tell myself that when my wife calls me a**hole.
You hear something enough and it kinda grows on you.

Hoggy1

It's kinda scary a grown man trolls a wiki page to constantly change the content....stalker-ish
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

LRRandy

Quote from: jrulz83 on August 12, 2015, 05:38:59 pm
Got rid of the vandalism twice, they changed it back within 5 minutes. What boring lives these people must lead.
but monitoring it every five minutes to change it is exciting? I see now.
This is fun, isn't it.

Cubbie08

I call him Be-rt and I like him. It's just a joke, no big deal.

Bigdavis

Quote from: Cubbie08 on August 13, 2015, 10:46:01 am
I call him Be-rt and I like him. It's just a joke, no big deal.

This. His nickname on other boards is Ber t. A lot of people's wiki pages have their nickname in quotes like that. It's not vandalism. This thread is ridiculous.

Doug

Those of you advocating trashing Barry Alvarez's page are no better than the idiots editing CBB's page. Posts removed.

That being said, CBB's Wikipedia page is now protected:

Quote00:01, 13 August 2015‎ Nyttend (Protected "Bret Bielema": Persistent vandalism ([Edit=Allow only autoconfirmed users] (expires 04:01, 27 August 2015 (UTC)) [Move=Allow only autoconfirmed users] (expires 04:01, 27 August 2015 (UTC)))
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Mulberry Squeezins

LRHawg

Russ22

Irony?
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Hogarusa

This made me laugh
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

SONofHAM

says the guy who's changed it multiple times:)
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"