Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why has there not been more backlash for Bielema's comments

Started by Tim, September 05, 2014, 06:36:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Southpointhog

Quote from: Tim on September 05, 2014, 06:42:40 am

"If he's holding his knee or he's holding his wrist, or he's bent over, he's holding his leg or he's working his ankle out, go after that baby," Bielema said Monday at his weekly news conference. "When I was a wrestler and you've got a brace on, I'm going after your ass, you know?
"That's the mentality I think that we have to establish."

How should I take it?

Go away you dang Hater!

Tired of this crap!  If the guy talked like a wimp, you would Bi***!  Come on!  CBP is gone.....Nutt man is gone!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:19:37 am
well its a double standard he has, he can't claim to be a coach who prides player safety then proclaim he wants to target injuries. It's ridiculous. Even if that is a common football philosophy, smart coaches know to keep their mouth shut. You just don't say that kind of stuff in the public spotlight. And sure enough look whats happened, he's had the media all over him attacking him and rightfully so. It's idiotic to say what he said publicly. He should know better. He is not the best public speaker we've had as a coach

Context...it means a great deal.  How would you like it if the media took your "calling a spade a spade" comment out of context? 
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

collins4heisman

Quote from: Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424) on September 05, 2014, 08:48:57 am
the Bielema quote was originally about our players being worn down after a tough 4qtr game...he challenged them to persevere. Then he went on to explain what he did Back when he was a defensive coordinator and the whole wrestler mentality.

The whole point was about not showing your weakness and attacking theirs but people just ran with the piece of the quote that made him seem like he wants to break someone's leg.

but thats not what he said and he made it quite clear. He didn't just say "go after a fatigued player". He specifically said target a specific injury like a "leg, knee, wrist". How are you people not getting this? did you not even read the quote?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Say our right guard or whoever was gassed and limping but our coaches left him in there because we had no alternative.  Then Gus's D  continually attacks that spot and has success.  Some on here would be jumping up and down proclaiming how that is pure coaching and realizing your opponents weakness and relentlessly attacking it.  They would say why isn't Bielema like that why doesn't he have that killer instinct.

I read a tweet or post that said BB could say the sky is blue and someone would call him an ahole.

If all you are going to do is constantly pick at every single frickin thing the man does go start your own board and call it ihatebielemamyselfandmysmallpenisville.net
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

LAHogfan123

Good grief, y'all will bitch at everything CBB says.  This is Football, not golf.  Every Coach that coaches the game and every player that plays should have this mentality, it means you sense blood in the water and you strive to take out your opponent.  You're not wanting to further injure a player, but if I can take you out of the game, you're going out.  It happens every single play, every single dogpile, but go ahead, pussify the game up even more than it already has been.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:15:53 am
your idiotic statement did nothing to prove Im wrong. All I need is one sentence to prove my point because he makes his statement quite clear and specific in that quote. He clearly says to he wants our players to target an injured players' injury. What part of that do you is taken out of context? And no I'm not attacking anyone I"m just calling a spade a spade. I still support this team of course
Do you understand what the word "context" means?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: hogville38 on September 05, 2014, 07:50:54 am
Most of our fans on here are just college kids.....so try and remember that when dealing with these idiots :) They are in the know it all phase.

I think most on here are jealous wannabes that never were. They have no clue what it takes to coach and compete at the college level in any sport so they nit-pick at anything and everything because it somehow makes them feel important.

In reality all it does is reveal just how big of a loser they really are.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 05, 2014, 07:22:01 am

For those of you who are so clueless that you don't understand this concept do the rest of us a favor and find a new hobby.

However, the majority of those who chose to attack Bielema for this know exactly what he meant. They want him gone and they will use every opportunity to go after him.

The people who manage this board have already removed many of the people with an anti Bielema bias from this board. Others will soon go.

This season is about trying to enjoy Razorback football and the process of trying to rebuild the program from the disaster of 2012. Lanny is not going to let fans who want Gus, or Bobby or Nutt to be coaching this team to ruin the season for everybody else.

The hammer will continue to fall on those people. Hogville is not the place for their anti Bielema agenda and they are fooling no one.

Amen a thousand times over.  Let the hammer fall because these jerks are only here for one purpose and it shouldn't be allowed. 

Anybody who has been on another team's board and tries to get away with constant attack of their coach knows they wouldn't last a minute over there.  Why should it be any different here?

collins4heisman

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 05, 2014, 09:24:03 am
Context...it means a great deal.  How would you like it if the media took your "calling a spade a spade" comment out of context?

I'm still waiting on you guys to tell me what specifically was taken out of context and you can't do it. Look at the quote again if you don't get it. He specifically said target the injury, he even said "knee, leg, ankle, wrist" etc. what part do you disagree with?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:28:07 am
I'm still waiting on you guys to tell me what specifically was taken out of context and you can't do it. Look at the quote again if you don't get it. He specifically said target the injury, he even said "knee, leg, ankle, wrist" etc. what part do you disagree with?

You have got to be kidding...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The_Iceman

Perhaps a few people posting in this thread are so clueless that they interpret what he said as a green light for targeting the injury itself. Neither Bret Bielema or any other coach or fan is responsible for their ignorance of the sport of football.

Most do get it. Most clearly understand that he's saying if a cornerback is slowed by a foot or leg injury throw the football in his direction.

If a defensive tackle is running out of gas, the guy blocking him tells the quarterback and they start running the football right at him.

If a player has a major injury his own coaches are going to get him off the field. If the problem is minor they may choose to leave him out there and if they do the other team is going to try to take advantage of that situation.

Heaven forbid that Bret Bielema says publicly what every coach and player on the planet knows.

For those of you who are so clueless that you don't understand this concept do the rest of us a favor and find a new hobby.

However, the majority of those who chose to attack Bielema for this know exactly what he meant. They want him gone and they will use every opportunity to go after him.

The people who manage this board have already removed many of the people with an anti Bielema bias from this board. Others will soon go.

This season is about trying to enjoy Razorback football and the process of trying to rebuild the program from the disaster of 2012. Lanny is not going to let fans who want Gus, or Bobby or Nutt to be coaching this team to ruin the season for everybody else.

The hammer will continue to fall on those people. Hogville is not the place for their anti Bielema agenda and they are fooling no one.

Just wanted to quote this again because it was so good, and obviously some people need to read it again.

Mike Irwin, as always, you are right on the money.

Hogmeier

Quote from: Tim on September 05, 2014, 06:36:47 am
to attack an injured player?  Isn't this guy the champion of player safety?

Horton...Is that you?

collins4heisman

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on September 05, 2014, 09:26:32 am
Good grief, y'all will bitch at everything CBB says.  This is Football, not golf.  Every Coach that coaches the game and every player that plays should have this mentality, it means you sense blood in the water and you strive to take out your opponent.  You're not wanting to further injure a player, but if I can take you out of the game, you're going out.  It happens every single play, every single dogpile, but go ahead, pussify the game up even more than it already has been.

"not wanting to injure a player"? well unfortunately that's exactly what happens when you target an injury. Remember he didn't just say target the player, he said target the injury specifically. Therefor likely causing further injury to that body part.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: buldozer on September 05, 2014, 07:59:18 am
This guy just needs to keep his mouth shut, his head down and go coach football. If he ever wins 10 games here he can think about becoming a loudmouth again..... jeeez

What about 3-9 does he not get?

You need to keep your mouth shut and your idiotic opinions to yourself.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:19:37 am
well its a double standard he has, he can't claim to be a coach who prides player safety then proclaim he wants to target injuries. It's ridiculous. Even if that is a common football philosophy, smart coaches know to keep their mouth shut. You just don't say that kind of stuff in the public spotlight. And sure enough look whats happened, he's had the media all over him attacking him and rightfully so. It's idiotic to say what he said publicly. He should know better. He is not the best public speaker we've had as a coach

He's not talking about targeting injuries to make them worse. How do you not understand that? The whole game is based around finding a teams weakness and exploiting it. If a player is playing that is hurt enough to effect his own performance than you challenge that player.

collins4heisman

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on September 05, 2014, 09:26:45 am
Do you understand what the word "context" means?

yes thats why I provided the quote and explained how the quote means exactly what it says. You have yet to explain to me how it was taken out of context. He specifically said in the quote to go after the injury, not just the player.

Hogmeier

Can we please trash this thread? It's giving me a headache!

collins4heisman

Quote from: GlassofSwine on September 05, 2014, 09:30:38 am
  He's not talking about targeting injuries to make them worse. How do you not understand that? The whole game is based around finding a teams weakness and exploiting it. If a player is playing that is hurt enough to effect his own performance than you challenge that player.

how do you know he doesn't mean that? Thats exactly what happens when you specifically target an injury.  If a player hurt his knee on a play, and I target that same knee on the next play, its common sense that the knee will likely get hurt further because I targeted it. How are you not getting this? Remember he didn't just say target the player, he said target the injury. When you target an injury it likely will get injured worse. Is this statement wrong? Injuries don't get worse if you intentionally target it?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:33:11 am
yes thats why I provided the quote and explained how the quote means exactly what it says. You have yet to explain to me how it was taken out of context. He specifically said in the quote to go after the injury, not just the player.

"I"m just calling a spade a spade."

Your words, exactly what it says.  You are clearly a racist.

[Do you understand context yet?]

MiHogsMi

I didn't comment because I figured I'd get banned or something.  I'm telling you, this coach of ours is a loose cannon.  He has embarrassed the program from the very beginning with his mouth, twitter and losing streaks.

The entire nation sees it, all except the Hogville sunshine pumpers.  This last comment only demonstrates the lies and hipocrisy of his earlier comments about HUNH player safety etc...

This guy is unreal.  We are in for a long ride as he is going NOWHERE.  Jeff Long wouldn't tarnish his own reputation by firing CBB even if we don't win another SEC game this year or next.

I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

collins4heisman

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 05, 2014, 09:30:04 am
You have got to be kidding...

lol exactly, nice dodge. You can't explain your stance at all other than just posting idiotic sarcastic statements. lol you

Catfish Joe

I took it as we have to exploit the other teams weaknesses, and I wholeheartedly agree 110%!! If it's a legal hit and you can put a player on the other team out of the game go for it. Our players job is NOT to help other players on other teams get to the NFL or stay healthy. Their job is to win. Again, let me put emphasis on LEGAL. I'm not at all for dirty hits, just good, clean, legal, VERY HARD hits!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: VT HOG on September 05, 2014, 08:19:17 am
Burt has never won an SEC game, but he's got the loudest mouth in the conference. It's funny.

What would be funny is to see loudmouths like you tell Coach Bielema to his face that he's a loudmouth. In fact, losers like you don't have the balls to tell anyone to their face they are a loudmouth.

You and other losers like you would $hit their pants if confronted over you bravado posts.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:33:11 am

The problem isn't the quote, it is that your reading comprehension of the quote.It appears you suffer from the same affliction as Drax in "Guardians of the Galaxy". Figurative speech and metaphors fly right by you.  Go read Mike Irwin's response, it is the best in the thread. If you still don't understand than no one can help you.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:37:25 am
lol exactly, nice dodge. You can't explain your stance at all other than just posting idiotic sarcastic statements. lol you

You've been shown over and over...you are either incredibly slow or you're just being obtuse.  Either way, I'm done here.  Carry on!  :)

collins4heisman

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 05, 2014, 09:30:12 am
Just wanted to quote this again because it was so good, and obviously some people need to read it again.

Mike Irwin, as always, you are right on the money.

I have a lot of respect for Mike Irwin but just because he says it doesnt' mean its right. I also support Bret Bielema and this team. I am just standing up for what is right. I would be saying the same thing no matter who was our coach.  Its illogical to assume that everyone who is upset with this quote is just out on a witch hunt to attack Bielema. Its just a way to try to discredit people who you disagree with

GlassofSwine

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:35:41 am
how do you know he doesn't mean that? Thats exactly what happens when you specifically target an injury.  If a player hurt his knee on a play, and I target that same knee on the next play, its common sense that the knee will likely get hurt further because I targeted it. How are you not getting this? Remember he didn't just say target the player, he said target the injury. When you target an injury it likely will get injured worse. Is this statement wrong? Injuries don't get worse if you intentionally target it?

Targeting an injury doesn't mean you have to hit it to exploit it. If you hurt your knee and your coach keeps you on the field than you have a couple things to look at:

1. Hurt is not "Injured" and if you are injured than it is your coaches who are responsible for putting you on the field with an increased risk of further injury.

2. If you hurt your knee, I can exploit by doing more than hitting it. I can target the fact that your knee is going to limit your movement and run plays at you exploiting the injury.

3. Common sense - Have you ever seen an Arkansas player under Bielema purposely try to injure someone? If the answer is "no" then your argument loses credibility. If Bielema was truly trying to injure players don't you think we would be seeing that on the field every week?

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: lefty08 on September 05, 2014, 06:43:56 am
In the most negative way possible?  Seems to fit

If I was on the field, I would be trying to snatch hold of the injured knee also.....BUT.....

Bret keeps sticking his foot in his mouth. Wants all players safe and then he starts talking out the other end with trying to further injure a player....the duality of Bret Bielema...

I am beginning to believe Bret can't remember what he says from one week to the next.

PRJ

ricepig

Quote from: Tim on September 05, 2014, 07:06:29 am

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Well, the injured player can sub himself out if he chooses, correct?

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: GlassofSwine on September 05, 2014, 09:44:51 am
Targeting an injury doesn't mean you have to hit it to exploit it. If you hurt your knee and your coach keeps you on the field than you have a couple things to look at:

1. Hurt is not "Injured" and if you are injured than it is your coaches who are responsible for putting you on the field with an increased risk of further injury.

2. If you hurt your knee, I can exploit by doing more than hitting it. I can target the fact that your knee is going to limit your movement and run plays at you exploiting the injury.

3. Common sense - Have you ever seen an Arkansas player under Bielema purposely try to injure someone? If the answer is "no" then your argument loses credibility. If Bielema was truly trying to injure players don't you think we would be seeing that on the field every week?

This is absolutely laughable.....I mean absolutely....

PRJ

collins4heisman

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 05, 2014, 09:39:27 am
You've been shown over and over...you are either incredibly slow or you're just being obtuse.  Either way, I'm done here.  Carry on!  :)

I've been shown what over and over? the only thing you've shown me over and over is that you aren't capable of having an educated intellectual discussion and instead resort to immature sarcasm.  I've shown you over and over that his quote specifically says he wants his players to target injuries, not just the player. I have a lot of respect for Mike Irwin but his statement in regards to this is flat out wrong. The quote speaks for itself and if you think it's taken out of context than you are just flat out in denial. The quote is very specific- "If he's holding his knee or he's holding his wrist, or he's bent over, he's holding his leg or he's working his ankle out, go after that baby," 

again, the quote clearly says go after the injury whether it be the "knee, wrist, leg, or anke" "go after that baby".  I feel like I'm teaching grammar to a 2nd grader

Mike Irwin

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:35:41 am
how do you know he doesn't mean that?
Because he understands football and he understands coaches. You either get it or you don't or you have an agenda. This is not rocket science.

chitwnhog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 05, 2014, 09:36:10 am
"I"m just calling a spade a spade."

Your words, exactly what it says.  You are clearly a racist.

[Do you understand context yet?]

Nope...he doesn't get it.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on September 05, 2014, 09:48:51 am
This is absolutely laughable.....I mean absolutely....

PRJ

Than respond with intelligence and state why you disagree. Otherwise your comment is even worse.

bphi11ips

Wow.

Bielema's comment is a non-issue, but the OP raises a legitimate question.  Personally, nothing Bielema has ever said bothers me.  He's a football coach, not a political speech writer.  Who cares what he says as long as it's football related and not something that embarrasses the University or the state of Arkansas?  Some believe Lou Holtz crossed that line when he endorsed race-mongerer Jesse Helms.  Fair enough. 

But, the disturbing thing about this thread is not the OP, but Mike Irwin's response to it and the huzzahs it elicits above.  You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who spent more time than I spent last season explaining why Bret Bielema is a good fit for Arkansas and its demographic.  I haven't wavered in that belief, nor have I wavered in my belief that it will take 4 to 5 years to implement his concept.  However, I respect that other Razorbacks fans don't share my conviction, and I respect that their reasoning includes valid criticism and concerns. 

It's pretty easy to identify when a "hater" crosses the line.  I spent hours and hours last year deflecting ridiculously hateful and poorly reasoned posts by a bowfisherman from Little Rock.  Why?  I don't know.  The guy should have been banned, but he wasn't.  I didn't want him to influence any more posters and lurkers here than possible. 

I enjoy posting here or I wouldn't do it.  But I am not inclined to follow the groupthink.  That doesn't mean I disagree just because an opinion is widely held. I'm not a contrarian, just one fan with opinions and a forum to express them in.  And I do so when the spirit moves me and time allows.

I can't believe Lanny intends to remove anyone with an "anti-Bielema bias from this board."  How important was the anti-HDN bias that surfaced here before that was cool?  That's not to say we have reason to be anti-Bielema.  I don't believe we do.  But as long as posters are civil, they should be allowed to express their opinions.  If those opinions don't jive with yours and you are offended by them, I read here the other day that the ignore button is back. 

Nothing that I have ever read on this board, and nothing that I will ever read on this board, will have any effect whatsoever on my enjoyment of Razorbacks football.  On the other hand, I have learned from Hogville that I don't care much for many of our fans.  There's an awful lot of spitefulness among brethren that I never knew existed before I stumbled onto Hogville mid-way through the 2006 season.  In retrospect, I was just a naïve Arkansas fan who thought we were the most united and greatest fanbase in all of sports.  Turns out that belief was an illusion. 

If Lanny wants to homogenize the poster base here, that is his prerogative, but in my opinion, that will only serve to diminish Hogville's influence.  The variety of opinions and information encouraged here is what has made Hogville the place to go first for breaking Razorbacks news.  That is also what has made Hogville a barometer on the pulse of Razorbacks fans.     

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:49:34 am
I've been shown what over and over? the only thing you've shown me over and over is that you aren't capable of having an educated intellectual discussion and instead resort to immature sarcasm.  I've shown you over and over that his quote specifically says he wants his players to target injuries, not just the player. I have a lot of respect for Mike Irwin but his statement in regards to this is flat out wrong. The quote speaks for itself and if you think it's taken out of context than you are just flat out in denial. The quote is very specific- "If he's holding his knee or he's holding his wrist, or he's bent over, he's holding his leg or he's working his ankle out, go after that baby," 

again, the quote clearly says go after the injury whether it be the "knee, wrist, leg, or anke" "go after that baby".  I feel like I'm teaching grammar to a 2nd grader

So, do you believe he is actually suggesting that they go after babies as well?  It is, after all, clearly what he said!

colbs

Threads like this prove Clay Travis is right about Arkansas fans.

snoblind

Quote from: hogsanity on September 05, 2014, 09:08:34 am
What everyone should note in this thread is how many of the posts attacking BB are being made by very very recently joined members of Hogville. And, even more interesting, many that joined back in late 2006 and early 2007, or joined around April 1 2012, made a few posts, and then have had no activity until the last week or so.  Very odd.

Not odd at all.  We both know why that is.

:)

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: colbs on September 05, 2014, 09:55:33 am
Threads like this prove Clay Travis is right about Arkansas fans.

This may be the best post in this thread yet!  :)

collins4heisman

Quote from: GlassofSwine on September 05, 2014, 09:44:51 am

targeting an injury does exactly mean that you exploit it, thats exactly why he said "you go after that baby". That means you go after the injury. Now sure it might not mean that to you, but that's clearly what Bielema said and clearly what he meant. If thats not what he meant, he is an idiot for saying something he didnt mean so either way it falls back on him.  And no my argument doesn't lose credibility just because I haven't specifically seen it, you just made that equation up. Most fans don't look for that kind of stuff every play, that kind of stuff is so extremely suttle that no one would ever really pick up on it except the players and coaches on the opposing sidelines. The only time I've ever seen it happen in a football game was when Auburn DT Fairly targeted Mallet's injured arm. I remember how furious hog fans were when that happened. Now the tables have turned and we are the ones doing the same thing, but now its suddenly justifiable just because it's our coach.

Mike Irwin

If he said, we're gonna make that injury worse or, we're going to hurt him some more, you might have a point.

I've sat in a locker-room and watched a coach point out specific players on film that were slowed by various injuries. I've had them say, go after him. I never one time took that as, target the injury.

This is a simple football concept that you don't get. Players do get it. There's not much I can do about that.

onebadrubi

Quote from: collins4heisman on September 05, 2014, 09:59:11 am
targeting an injury does exactly mean that you exploit it, thats exactly why he said "you go after that baby". That means you go after the injury. Now sure it might not mean that to you, but that's clearly what Bielema said and clearly what he meant. If thats not what he meant, he is an idiot for saying something he didnt mean so either way it falls back on him.  And no my argument doesn't lose credibility just because I haven't specifically seen it, you just made that equation up. Most fans don't look for that kind of stuff every play, that kind of stuff is so extremely suttle that no one would ever really pick up on it except the players and coaches on the opposing sidelines. The only time I've ever seen it happen in a football game was when Auburn DT Fairly targeted Mallet's injured arm. I remember how furious hog fans were when that happened. Now the tables have turned and we are the ones doing the same thing, but now its suddenly justifiable just because it's our coach.

Hey troll.  You are barking up the stupid tree

secneahog

Either you have a killer mentality or you don't. In my fighting career if my opponent got a cut on his face, I'm doing everything to try and open the cut up.

If I hit my opponent with a blow and hurt him, I'm going to attack him. I want to win.

When I played middle linebacker, and a oline man was limping on his left leg, by god I'm going to attack on the left side and make a play in the backfield.

Bielema is trying to instill a killer mentality with this young team.

I love what he said. If you don't like it .....tough!!  Wear your dress for gameday!
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Jek Tono Porkins

What makes you think "that baby" refers to the injury? Clearly, "that baby" refers to the player, seeing as how the player is the subject of the sentence. This is further confirmed by Bielema's wrestling analogy.

Learn how to read.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

secneahog

It's MalleTT smart guy.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

GlassofSwine

Arguments with no evidence have no credibility. BTW, It is not subtle when you target someone with the intention of hurting them. Especially considering we get instant replays in slow-motion from multiple angles every-time someone gets injured.

PonderinHog

collins4heisman

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 05, 2014, 09:49:55 am
Because he understands football and he understands coaches. You either get it or you don't or you have an agenda. This is not rocket science.

Mike I have a lot of respect for you and this program and I support coach Bielema so in no way do I have an agenda and as I said earlier I would be saying the same thing no matter who the coach is here. I just respectfully disagree based on what Bielema blatantly said. He clearly said "you go after that baby" when he was clearly referring to an injury because he said "knee, arm, ancle or wrist". So clearly he is not just saying to go after a fatigued player, he makes it clear to target their injury. It's common sense that if you target an injury it's going to get hurt worse.  This is what Auburn DT Fairly did against Mallet when Wilson had to replace him. Unfortunately coaches do tell their players to do this, but most smart coaches just don't say it out in the open because it makes the program look bad. I know it's your job to sugar coat these things and I know its a hard reality to accept but its the truth and Bielema has made that quite clear despite the thick layers of denial our fans have. Regardless, I'll be in the stands tomorrow cheering on our team to a victory.

collins4heisman

Quote from: snoblind on September 05, 2014, 09:56:09 am
Not odd at all.  We both know why that is.

:)

No, some people have better things to do and don't waste their time constantly on an internet message board. What are you even trying to suggest?