Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Part of our coaches were stuck in an elevator at half time.

Started by jjdlc, August 30, 2014, 08:59:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdlc

According to tweets by Tom Murphy of the ADG and Mike Irwin, the coaches who were up in the booth were stuck in an elevator at half time and did not make it to the locker room.   How does something like that happen in an SEC stadium?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: jjdlc on August 30, 2014, 08:59:20 pm
According to tweets by Tom Murphy of the ADG and Mike Irwin, the coaches who were up in the booth were stuck in an elevator at half time and did not make it to the locker room.   How does something like that happen in an SEC stadium?
The same way the clock didn't work, the same way we got hosed by officials @bama in 07' @florida in 09' @LSU in 09' @Auburn in 10' and about a dozen other games I could easily name. This league is a joke. We'll never get a fair shake in this league. Those 6 historically traditionial schools will always be protected.

Also, y'all have fun watching the Alabama/Auburn network.

SteveInArk

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on August 30, 2014, 09:57:49 pm
The same way the clock didn't work, the same way we got hosed by officials @bama in 07' @florida in 09' @LSU in 09' @Auburn in 10' and about a dozen other games I could easily name. This league is a joke. We'll never get a fair shake in this league. Those 6 historically traditionial schools will always be protected.

This ^^^
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

fakebobholt

Mike just said on tv that they didnt get on an elavator. There are stair next to every elavator in the world.

lefty08

so both clocks dont work and the opposing coaches elevators goes out at half time   coincidence?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

onebadrubi

Quote from: lefty08 on August 30, 2014, 10:21:02 pm
so both clocks dont work and the opposing coaches elevators goes out at half time   coincidence?

If ANYONE knocks war memorial EVER again...

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 30, 2014, 10:20:41 pm
Mike just said on tv that they didnt get on an elavator. There are stair next to every elavator in the world.
Well our coach said "they were actually stuck on an elevator" in his PC.

LRHawg

I thought you said you'd leave if KJ Hill commited? Nobody wants you around here.

ShadowTheHedgehog

#Win at all cost! #Auburn #CriminalsWelcome #NoAcademicStandards

ShadowTheHedgehog

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

whippersnapper

This was stupid. This shouldn't happen at an sec stadium

Magic_Hogg

I agree completely.  That is ridiculous.  no excuse for it.

BENTON PIGGEE

They knew they couldn't get away with any players faking injuries this year.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 30, 2014, 10:25:07 pm
LOL I knew someone would bring this up.

Haha I know, I've been browsing and couldn't believe I had to wait so long.  Me and my party called it war memorial all day as soon as the clock problems started (kickoff). 

COWPOKENHAWG

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 30, 2014, 10:52:16 pm
Jordan Hare is a great atmosphere but it is in SERIOUS NEED of an upgrade. The scoreboard sucks, the sound system sucks and now the elevator doesn't work.  I'm just wondering why they didn't take the stairs like most teams coaches do.

Have you seen our offensive coordinator? Pretty sure he does not 'do' stairs.
"This your bush, you king of the forest"

thirtythree

that has no bearing on our defense getting raped like it did.

We didn't change anything on offense.

It came down to making changes and we didn't do it!

Birminghog

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on August 30, 2014, 10:32:54 pm
They knew they couldn't get away with any players faking injuries this year.

And yet, when we had a defensive player get hurt, the Auburn fans booed.

Hoggish1

First possession spot where BA got the first with a scramble, but was spotted 1/2 yard short didn't give me a very good feeling (just to add to the elevator, clock sheet).

redeye

I'm always amazed by how often clocks go out in college football.   With all the money that goes into the game, you'd think they could find people who could properly install, and maintain, the clock.  I know teenagers who could do it, so why do schools have so much trouble?

onebadrubi

Anyone else can vouch this?  This guy has been nothing but a doushe nozzle the last few days

Arazorbackguy1

I'm with ya.  How can the clock go out this day and age?
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Quickdraw

CBB said the coaches were stuck in the elevator. They asked him how did that happen and he said it's one of those things you have to deal with. He was not happy!!!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on August 30, 2014, 11:23:43 pm
First possession spot where BA got the first with a scramble, but was spotted 1/2 yard short didn't give me a very good feeling (just to add to the elevator, clock sheet).

The PI was also BS the ref did not throw the flag until the Auburn guys told him to.

lefty08

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 30, 2014, 10:52:16 pm
Jordan Hare is a great atmosphere but it is in SERIOUS NEED of an upgrade. The scoreboard sucks, the sound system sucks and now the elevator doesn't work.  I'm just wondering why they didn't take the stairs like most teams coaches do.

Had they known they would be stuck IN the elavator they probably would have, im sure they did after the game. Once u r stuck inside the stairs are irrelevant
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

vbhogman

It sounds like they're missing Bobby Lowder's money down on the Plains.  #timetorenovate

PurpleBullHog

hogfan58

My understanding was that they couldn't get out of the elevator, as in the doors were stuck. They didn't get out until right before the 2nd half started.

Funny how the elevator for the Auburn coaches worked fine.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor @WesleySinor  ·  10h
Arkansas' Bret Bielema says assistants were 'stuck' in #Auburn's stadium elevators at halftime http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/arkansas_bret_bielema_says_ass.html ...

"It is what it is," Bielema elaborated. "We had to roll with the flow. Obviously I have coaches up in the booth who look forward to coming down here and meeting as a staff and get on the same page. We were able to communicate by phone.

"I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, they just weren't able to get down there. I don't have the full story on it, I just know they were actually stuck."

The elevator wasn't the only area of concern at Jordan-Hare Stadium Saturday. ..., the secondary scoreboard was buggy at times and even shut off during the game.

Don't forget the play clock.

SEC Network @SECNetwork  ·  14h
We miss the clock too. @SECNetwork telecast will include game clock as soon as it's fixed in the stadium. #ARKvsAUB

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hog N Bama

Yeah the clock was intentional by Gus so we wouldn't be able to burn max time..
Then the elevator was of course to throw a wrinkle in our halftime strategy.
Gotta hand it to Auburn.  They find ways to cheat we never thought of.

Dirty

Quote from: Qadi999 on August 31, 2014, 07:13:38 am
Yep we lost  cause a clock was not working,our fat coaches cant take stairs , and of course because the refs always cheat us.

It must be hard for you to comprehend, they were IN THE ELEVATOR when it was stuck.  How in the HELL can they take stairs? 

nchogg

Yep we lost  cause a clock was not working,our fat coaches cant take stairs , and of course because the refs always cheat us.
Get all the facts before you blame the coaches.

Dirty

DeltaBoy

Nothing new at Tigger2 they are kings of cheat to win.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: nchogg on August 31, 2014, 07:27:35 am

That's a difficult thing for some posters to do.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Qadi999

Quote from: nchogg on August 31, 2014, 07:27:35 am
I was not blaming anyone just summing up  the excuses that most on Hogville use as factors in us losing.

HyperDrive

You don't get shut out 24-0 and have only 2 yards rushing in the 2nd half because some of your coaches didn't make it to the locker room.  Don't make excuses.  It's desperate.

Dirty

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 31, 2014, 07:47:04 am
You don't get shut out 24-0 and have only 2 yards rushing in the 2nd half because some of your coaches didn't make it to the locker room.  Don't make excuses.  It's desperate.

Gus, you won the game.  No need for you to come here and gloat.

Doyle Hograves

Gus must have been nervous at that time though... We were tied up and had scored the last two touchdowns. He didn't know at half time that we wouldn't score in the second half...
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

HOGINTENNESSEE

You don't go from getting 266 yards rolled up on you in the first half to only giving up 2 yards without your coaches getting together to meet at half time. lucky for Auburn.

Auburn should spend more money on there Stadium than their players.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 30, 2014, 11:26:00 pm
Anyone else can vouch this?  This guy has been nothing but a doushe nozzle the last few days

Bielema said that they got stuck on an elevator and couldn't get down to the locker room so they had to communicate by phone.
Go Hogs Go!

HOGINTENNESSEE

IMO it looked like we didn't even prepare a Game Plan for Johnson at QB. We packed the box looking for the read option..... So Auburn took the easy 15 yard pass.

I was unpressed by the Defensive game plan. I see most are complaining about the offense... I saw improvement from the offense. Not so much from the defense.

pigheaded

My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

hoglady

Alright - I'm confused.
I've read they got stuck "in the elevator", then I read the Auburn coaches didn't hold the elevator for us as is custom and we didn't have time to take the stairs.
If the second part is true - pretty well confirms Malzahn is a classless scumbag.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HyperDrive

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 31, 2014, 08:12:09 am
You don't go from getting 266 yards rolled up on you in the first half to only giving up 2 yards without your coaches getting together to meet at half time. lucky for Auburn.

Auburn should spend more money on there Stadium than their players.

Excuses are for losers.

HyperDrive

Quote from: Dirty on August 31, 2014, 07:56:38 am
Gus, you won the game.  No need for you to come here and gloat.

Didn't come to gloat.  Just saw this pathetic excuse making and brought some facts to the matter.

colbs

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 31, 2014, 08:51:43 am
Excuses are for losers.
I don't think anyone thinks it would have changed the outcome.  An SEC school shouldn't have problems with elevators or clock problems all the first half.  So either they are POS or something fishy is going on.  I did think it was funny that the clock started working as soon as halftime started.  Also, Auburn fans booed when an Arkansas player would get hurt because they assumed they were faking.  Which I find odd because their team was the one faking the injury last year.

grayhawg

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 31, 2014, 08:52:33 am
Didn't come to gloat.  Just saw this pathetic excuse making and brought some facts to the matter.
You are really doing a very good job of lying this morning. Now be a good little troll and go back to your hole.

Killean

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 31, 2014, 08:52:33 am

Auburn hasn't legitimately won a game in more than 5 years :)
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Doug

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 30, 2014, 10:52:16 pmI'm just wondering why they didn't take the stairs like most teams coaches do.
As someone that was in the press box last year (same level as where the coaches sit), I can state that it's at least 6 "stories" down to the main concourse. Plus 1-2 stories more after that to get to the locker room level. Plus a walk around 1/4th of the stadium.

Since halftime is only 20ish minutes, you would spend about 7-8 or so minutes trying to get from the coaches box down to the locker room (via stairs). Then you have to hoof it right back. That elevator saves a LOT of time.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)