Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

if hogs were in other conferences

Started by Sanctified Swine, January 07, 2014, 11:39:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanctified Swine

Not wishing it..love the SEC

According to sagarin ratings we would have went bowling had we been in..

The ACC at 6-6 (3-5)
The American 6-6 (3-5)
The MWC 9-3 (7-2)
CUSA. 9-3 (6-2)
MAC 9-3 (6-2)
Sun Belt 10-2 (7-0)

Taking into account that we kept our same non conf

Just thought it was interesting

slowride

Not wishing for this either.  I love the SEC, but this might be a better path for us.    In the 20 or so years since we joined, we have never won the SEC.

the_kosher_pig

I'm not sure the Hogs could have won the 7A West this year. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

thefisher

Quote from: Sanctified Swine on January 07, 2014, 11:39:40 am

The ACC at 6-6 (3-5)
The American 6-6 (3-5)
The MWC 9-3 (7-2)
CUSA. 9-3 (6-2)
MAC 9-3 (6-2)
Sun Belt 10-2 (7-0)

It is a great point. People normally forget this. Winning the SEC West is a different animal than winning somewhere else. Petrino's average finish was at 3.2 place in the SEC West. Nutt's final tally was very similar.

Arkansas has its own unique challenges. It is not only in the caliber of competitionthe Hogs face within the West but also the limited recruiting base within the state.  Those are huge challenges ... ones that can be overcome and the conference won from time to time. However, to ignore the fact that winning at Arkansas in its division right now is one of the hardest tasks in college football is to ignore clear reality.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

arkhogball

But, if Arkansas were not in the SEC

Hunter Henry may be at Alabama
Alex Collins and Denver Kirkland may be at FSU or Miami
Dan Skipper ???

and so on....

I get your point, and forgive me for being technical.  Being in the SEC is still more attractive to recruits than previously mentioned conferences.

ncrebel

If Arkansas was in any of the conferences listed in the OP, minus the ACC, then we would be broke and playing in a 40,000 seat stadium.  We would also not have the talent to compete, thus our record may even be worse.  The ACC would be a burden due to travel costs.  Kind of what is happening to West Virginia in the Big 12.

The SEC provides us with the best competition and pays very, very well.
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

Sweet Feet

Its all a matter of either getting paid, or being successful on the field. And it just seems like we are worried about getting paid

Torqued pork

The SEC is the only logical place for us regardless of how tired we are of getting mauled by the big dogs. Texas could destroy the Big XII anytime they see a better alternative.

Inhogswetrust

The ACC at 6-6 (3-5)
The American 6-6 (3-5)
The MWC 9-3 (7-2)
CUSA. 9-3 (6-2)
MAC 9-3 (6-2)
Sun Belt 10-2 (7-0)

Then WHY bring it up.........................Another conference thread started yet you love the SEC?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mike_e

Quote from: ncrebel on January 07, 2014, 12:39:05 pm
If Arkansas was in any of the conferences listed in the OP, minus the ACC, then we would be broke and playing in a 40,000 seat stadium.  We would also not have the talent to compete, thus our record may even be worse.  The ACC would be a burden due to travel costs.  Kind of what is happening to West Virginia in the Big 12.

The SEC provides us with the best competition and pays very, very well.

Here's your answer.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

GolfNut57

The ACC at 6-6 (3-5)
The American 6-6 (3-5)
The MWC 9-3 (7-2)
CUSA. 9-3 (6-2)
MAC 9-3 (6-2)
Sun Belt 10-2 (7-0)

You should have left the Sunbelt out of the list because IF the Hogs were in that conference.........well.....there goes your policy of not playing in-state schools.  :D
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

phadedhawg

I'm tired of treading water in the SEC but this is our fate.

AloRaptor

If we were in a different conference we would have an inflated opinion of being a good team. If we make thru the sec west we know we are good. :o

TeedupHigh

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 07, 2014, 04:39:07 pm

Would U rather be in the Sunbelt?  Would we b a winner in the big 12
? How about the Pac 12? The ACC?   What conference do you think we should be in?  and would that make us better?

ArkansasBread3

The ACC at 6-6 (3-5)
The American 6-6 (3-5)
The MWC 9-3 (7-2)
CUSA. 9-3 (6-2)
MAC 9-3 (6-2)
Sun Belt 10-2 (7-0)

Well you are going to have to take away about 75% of our roster because they would not be here if we were not in the SEC. Moving conferences is the most stupid thing we could ever do!!
Only reason we get some our players is the draw to play in SEC and some of these guys see that they have a real shot at actually playing and being seen.

rzrbackrob

If your as old as me you already know what it would be like for the Hogs to play in a dying conference like the big 12-1-1-1-1+2.

From 1969 on, the SWC did not produce a national champion (unless you count Texass 1970 or the Hogs 1977).

Watching the Hogs beat up on teams no one cares about, only to get manhandled by any decent team outside the conference holds no interest at all.
Good is the enemy of great

reddogjcss

Yea we could play in the cheesy corn bowl! SEC SEC SEC

rlamb

You all that just love the SEC, how long do you want to get hammered by schools and states that are 3 to 10 times bigger than us? Are you waiting for the glorious day we win the West and squeak by a SECCG and maybe get to a National Title game 10-20 years from now? I'm not.

I want to win like Baylor say (who we actually beat 4-1 back in SWC days) and go 11-1 maybe and get a chance for a NT game now or wait and wait and keep getting our heads punched in? Why didn't you mention the Big 12? As far as travel, we are bus trips away from Oklahoma, Okie State, Kansas and Kansas State. The idiocy of letting the State's flagship school be up in the NW corner of the State gives credence to being in the Big 12 anyway.

Look up the money splits from the Big 12 and it's not that much different than the SEC.
And I get tired of hearing how Texas leaving would do them in. They aren't going anywhere. And if we had been in the Big 12 all these long 20 years, I would bet we would have won 20-25 more games during that period by a conservative estimate. I think some of those years we would have won the Stornerover game with Tennessee and maybe ended 11-1 the 06' year and have been in line for a NT game.

I haven't seen being in the Big 12 keep Oklahoma out of about 3 NT games or Texas 2 during the BCS era. What in the hell is so great being Bama's, Florida's and Georgia's punching bag for the last 20 years. And I don't really give a damn about false pride in being 10-2 in the Big 12 as opposed to 5-7 in the glorious SEC. How do you like those apples? We are only playing up top our ability to recruit and coach under those circumstances. It isn't at all fair the way things are with recruiting and I only see us getting 5 star and 4 star players in great enough numbers to be elite in the SEC by cheating.

Hogarusa

I always read the threads but i have to ask, what is the obsession with Hogville and their "if Team A were in Conference X, their record would be..." posts?  Theres no basis to any of them because absolutely nothing would be the same.   Arkansas in the SEC would not be the same program as Arkansas in Big 10. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

rusvegashog

January 08, 2014, 01:12:49 am #19 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:40:34 am by rusvegashog
Hurry up super conferences. That way when Florida State, Miami and LSU run off about 15 titles in a row, we can be all, South Eastern Quadrunt South Eastern Quadrant SEQ SEQ. and we can feel a part of things cause we're in the best quadrant in all of college football, it's all so dumb. Reporter: razorback player were u disappointed in the results of the 3-9 season? Razorback player: nah we're in the same quadrant as Alabama so we're cool. Arkansas is a Big 12 program pure and simple. Also rans in the best conference is NOT better. But what do I know. All just opinion. WPS

GolfNut57

Quote from: rlamb on January 08, 2014, 12:25:43 am
You all that just love the SEC, how long do you want to get hammered by schools and states that are 3 to 10 times bigger than us? Are you waiting for the glorious day we win the West and squeak by a SECCG and maybe get to a National Title game 10-20 years from now? I'm not.

I want to win like Baylor say (who we actually beat 4-1 back in SWC days) and go 11-1 maybe and get a chance for a NT game now or wait and wait and keep getting our heads punched in? Why didn't you mention the Big 12? As far as travel, we are bus trips away from Oklahoma, Okie State, Kansas and Kansas State. The idiocy of letting the State's flagship school be up in the NW corner of the State gives credence to being in the Big 12 anyway.

Look up the money splits from the Big 12 and it's not that much different than the SEC.
And I get tired of hearing how Texas leaving would do them in. They aren't going anywhere. And if we had been in the Big 12 all these long 20 years, I would bet we would have won 20-25 more games during that period by a conservative estimate. I think some of those years we would have won the Stornerover game with Tennessee and maybe ended 11-1 the 06' year and have been in line for a NT game.

I haven't seen being in the Big 12 keep Oklahoma out of about 3 NT games or Texas 2 during the BCS era. What in the hell is so great being Bama's, Florida's and Georgia's punching bag for the last 20 years. And I don't really give a damn about false pride in being 10-2 in the Big 12 as opposed to 5-7 in the glorious SEC. How do you like those apples? We are only playing up top our ability to recruit and coach under those circumstances. It isn't at all fair the way things are with recruiting and I only see us getting 5 star and 4 star players in great enough numbers to be elite in the SEC by cheating.

Good post. +1
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

jacobp

Quote from: slowride on January 07, 2014, 11:44:51 am
Not wishing for this either.  I love the SEC, but this might be a better path for us.    In the 20 or so years since we joined, we have never won the SEC.
True, but we have Won or tied for our division more times more than 1/2 of the conference combined.
OM, MSU, Vandy, UK, SC, Mizzou, ATM. I guess they should all switch conferences too

riccoar

No desire to return to the SWC just to win 9+ games a year and get pwned in a bowl game.  You want to be in a conference were you play up for every game, not down.  That's is how you will truly improve.

Choctaw Hog

Hypotheticals are worthless and pointless.  What if there is another terrorist attack and finishes off the United States as we know it?  What conference would we do well in then? 

NWASooner

Here's a question.

The money from the Big 12 would be about the same as staying in the SEC.  If the Big 12 could guarantee Arkansas they would play Texas the day after Thanksgiving, would you take that?

SDZ_Hog

Got ripped for leaving the SWC and now we want to run back to the Big whatever cause we play in the best college football division in the world.  That would be be hard to stomach.   What if the PAC-12, B1G or SEC decided hey, lets take Texas and OU.

OU/Texas:"Well, we can't go unless we bring Baylor and OSU".   
BIG,PAC,SEC: "Well Ok"
OU/Texas: "What about Arkansas"
BIG, PAC, SEC: "Hehe, how many TV sets they have vs their share?"
OU/Texas/Baylor/OSU:  "Screw them lets go"
Arkansas: "Get your CUSA tickets now which includes playing ASU in the ROCK"

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on January 08, 2014, 07:32:02 am
Got ripped for leaving the SWC and now we want to run back to the Big whatever cause we play in the best college football division in the world.  That would be be hard to stomach.   What if the PAC-12, B1G or SEC decided hey, lets take Texas and OU.

OU/Texas:"Well, we can't go unless we bring Baylor and OSU".   
BIG,PAC,SEC: "Well Ok"
OU/Texas: "What about Arkansas"
BIG, PAC, SEC: "Hehe, how many TV sets they have vs their share?"
OU/Texas/Baylor/OSU:  "Screw them lets go"
Arkansas: "Get your CUSA tickets now which includes playing ASU in the ROCK"

Are you drunk?  We would not even be near the bottom 2 if the SEC was looking to drop some teams to add others.  They will probably add...but they won't drop teams in the process unless there are a few who WANT out.  The money is too good. 

There is a reason teams like ASU play Oregon and other schools for big pay days.  They HAVE TO in order to have the finances just to compete in their own conferences.  Why would ANY fan want us to be one of those schools? 

We've shown we can compete in the SEC.  We just need a consistent approach, CONTINUITY, and to get some good players.  It's not a magical recipe...just one that took a hit with BP decided nailing ex volleyball players was more important than recruiting. 

But on Hogville...we'll never be good again.  We may not win a NC in my lifetime, but if that was my primary goal, I could root for track.  Problem solved.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

weresoclose

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 07, 2014, 04:39:07 pm

It wasn't our fate.  Bob was taking us out of the Valley of the Shadow, but then we decided to fire him instead of reprimanding him, and then Jeffy refused to hire or seriously consider Gus so he went to Auburn to play in NC games, and now we are back to Square Zero (square one is targeted for 2016) with Bert.  It is enough to make some posters throw up, but I'm more of the apathetic type when you take away my Hog Victories.  I just kinda have a void I try to fill in other ways, like gambling.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: weresoclose on January 08, 2014, 08:06:00 am
It wasn't our fate.  Bob was taking us out of the Valley of the Shadow, but then we decided to fire him instead of reprimanding him, and then Jeffy refused to hire or seriously consider Gus so he went to Auburn to play in NC games, and now we are back to Square Zero (square one is targeted for 2016) with Bert.  It is enough to make some posters throw up, but I'm more of the apathetic type when you take away my Hog Victories.  I just kinda have a void I try to fill in other ways, like gambling.

Your posts are like watching "GroundHog Day" over and over again.  Broken record, scratched CD, repeat button stuck on MP3 player....etc.  BP recruited the players we watched the last two seasons on defense.  His head was elsewhere for a few years there.  After the epic lies, his ability to recruit was crippled.  Keeping him would have done more long term harm.  He's at WKY.  I rest my case...there's a reason he's where he is.  He puts himself above everything else around him.  He's a jackass.  I hope Louisville hires him, because I'll get to laugh again at guys like you who will then suggest that "I knew some great program would hire him."  Yeah...Louisville.   ::)   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

GoHogs1091

The ACC at 6-6 (3-5)
The American 6-6 (3-5)
The MWC 9-3 (7-2)
CUSA. 9-3 (6-2)
MAC 9-3 (6-2)
Sun Belt 10-2 (7-0)

I am not convinced that we would have made it to 6 wins if we had been playing the in the ACC.  We wouldn't have won against Florida State, Clemson, Miami (FL), Virginia Tech (who actually did a good job against Alabama's rushing), Duke (who came closer to winning against Texas A&M than we did), Boston College (who scored 34 points against Florida State's Defense), and North Carolina. 

The 3 wins would have had to come against either Virginia, Syracuse, Maryland, North Carolina State, or Georgia Tech, and 3 wins against those would have still not been a certainty.  There would be no certainty that we would have played all of those 5 specific ACC teams due to the ACC split Division scheduling.

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 08, 2014, 08:01:28 am
Are you drunk?  We would not even be near the bottom 2 if the SEC was looking to drop some teams to add others.  They will probably add...but they won't drop teams in the process unless there are a few who WANT out.  The money is too good. 

I'm not drunk, but if I could drink and catch a buzz man my performance would go up.  A boozer cruiser with our companies name all over it would be the best thing since dial a deal.

Anyways, I never said anything about being dropped from the SEC.  I just brought up a scenario of Arkansas leaving the SEC for the Big 12, per the OP's topic, and then once we get there what would happen if OU/Texas decide to leave the BIG 12 for bigger money.  The PAC-12 almost got them to leave so it's not total unthinkable in the next 10 or 20 years.  If we joined and then OU/Texas bolted, where would that leave us? In a conference of left overs with our games being regionally broadcasted on FSS.

weresoclose

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 08, 2014, 08:16:57 am
Your posts are like watching "GroundHog Day" over and over again.  Broken record, scratched CD, repeat button stuck on MP3 player....etc.  BP recruited the players we watched the last two seasons on defense.  His head was elsewhere for a few years there.  After the epic lies, his ability to recruit was crippled.  Keeping him would have done more long term harm.  He's at WKY.  I rest my case...there's a reason he's where he is.  He puts himself above everything else around him.  He's a jackass.  I hope Louisville hires him, because I'll get to laugh again at guys like you who will then suggest that "I knew some great program would hire him."  Yeah...Louisville.   ::)   

Louisville has been to a BCS game and won it in the last 10 years.  (Bob did that for them.)  Arkansas has never done that, and had never even made it to one except by way of Bob.  Charlie Strong just left for the biggest job in college football.  Louisville is twice the program we are as of 2014.  Gus took Auburn to the NC game his first year as HC.  Jeffy passed on him.

Next.

HF#1

Quote from: NWASooner on January 08, 2014, 07:14:13 am
Here's a question.

The money from the Big 12 would be about the same as staying in the SEC.  If the Big 12 could guarantee Arkansas they would play Texas the day after Thanksgiving, would you take that?

Personally I have no interest in being in the same conference as Texas, again.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

crabeyes

Quote from: ncrebel on January 07, 2014, 12:39:05 pm
If Arkansas was in any of the conferences listed in the OP, minus the ACC, then we would be broke and playing in a 40,000 seat stadium. 

So we would be playing all our games in Little Rock??!!?

superior_wang

Quote from: Sweet Feet on January 07, 2014, 12:53:01 pm
Its all a matter of either getting paid, or being successful on the field. And it just seems like we are worried about getting paid

this ^^^^^    x fitty.   +1 million

superior_wang

Quote from: weresoclose on January 08, 2014, 08:36:48 am
Louisville has been to a BCS game and won it in the last 10 years.  (Bob did that for them.)  Arkansas has never done that, and had never even made it to one except by way of Bob.  Charlie Strong just left for the biggest job in college football.  Louisville is twice the program we are as of 2014.  Gus took Auburn to the NC game his first year as HC.  Jeffy passed on him.

Next.

+1 brah.

"wid a right , left, right , yo toofless, then they go* dam* ya'll roofless!
               - NWA circa 1990

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: weresoclose on January 08, 2014, 08:36:48 am

Next.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...but I bet they don't make another BCS game under BP.   ;)

You just can't get over it can you?  I just wish it was your daughter caught up on the scandal, or your wife who got cheated on.  Let me guess though..you'd STILL blame Jeff for not seeing it and stepping in to stop it right? 

superior_wang

Here's a question.

absolutely.

same money, an actual chance to compete , and to be honest most of the south doesnt consider arkansas to even be southern.  win win all the way around.

Wants2Win

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 08, 2014, 08:57:26 am
Yeah, yeah, yeah...but I bet they don't make another BCS game under BP.   ;)

You just can't get over it can you?  I just wish it was your daughter caught up on the scandal, or your wife who got cheated on.  Let me guess though..you'd STILL blame Jeff for not seeing it and stepping in to stop it right?
That has nothing to do with coaching and winning games. We wish we were Louisville. You're delusional if you think we are a better program than Louisville right now.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: superior_wang on January 08, 2014, 09:00:51 am
absolutely.

same money, an actual chance to compete , and to be honest most of the south doesnt consider arkansas to even be southern.  win win all the way around.

Your wang is shriveled a little today.  Why would we jump to the Big 12 to go back under Texas's BS?  It's a matter of time before that thing gets broken up and we'll get a few, the PAC will get a few, and a few will go elsewhere.  Do you seriously think that's a good idea for us, or are you just having a knee jerk reaction to the past two seasons? 

If we can compete in baseball, track, and this season it appears basketball...then what makes you so sure we won't compete in football?  Didn't we just show we could a few seasons back?  Good Lord...you people are like frightened little turtles.  "Let's go back in our shell.  It's too big of a stage for us here DESPITE us having superior facilities than many of the SEC schools, and a 2015 class that is shaping up to be pretty salty."   

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Wants2Win on January 08, 2014, 09:07:22 am
That has nothing to do with coaching and winning games. We wish we were Louisville. You're delusional if you think we are a better program than Louisville right now.

You're delusional if you DON'T think we are a better program than Louisville right now.  A better team?  Different story, but we are a MUCH better program. 

I guess you're one of those few who think we'll never be good again without Petrino right?  We lucked into something great despite JL doing everything in his power not to hire BP, and he blew it for us forever. 

I just love that defeatist mentality.  #18 all time program.  I'm not scared...we'll be good again.  I'm sorry it scares you so much to believe a little bit in the program.  Maybe Louisville will need a few loyal fans when BP gets there.  You can help spearhead the effort to get parents to send their kids there to learn under Mr. Non-Integrity. 

arkjay19

Quote from: thefisher on January 07, 2014, 12:05:35 pmIt is a great point. People normally forget this. Winning the SEC West is a different animal than winning somewhere else. Petrino's average finish was at 3.2 place in the SEC West. Nutt's final tally was very similar.

The ridiculousness of the SEC West really needs to be addressed at some point.  And it's not even really being discussed right now.

I'd have to go back and check, but I believe SEC West bowl records in the last three (?) seasons was 18-8, with one of those losses being LSU's loss to Alabama in the national championship game.  The SEC East's record was 14-13 with no national championships.

So after this bowl season, the SEC West is 22-10 over the last four years.  Six of the seven teams were bowl eligible. All seven teams have had at least one 9-win season in the last five years. The East improved to 17-14 with only four of the seven teams playing in bowls. Neither Kentucky nor Tennessee has had more than seven wins in the last six seasons.

SEC West teams have won the last five SEC Championship games and eight of the last 11.

That'd be fine if it wasn't for the geographical discrepancy made by adding Texas A&M and Missouri. Columbia is further west than five teams in the SEC West. Nashville is further west than Auburn and only slightly more east than Tuscaloosa. Nashville is closer to Oxford than Auburn is. Only Starkville is closer to the Alabama schools.

The SEC is clinging to the history of Florida and Tennessee right now and the idea that they balance out the conference, but clinging to that idea is hurting the conference as a whole right now.  The SEC West is an absolute gauntlet every season.  It is the toughest division in the history of college sports.  Its ridiculous for that to be the case when the solution is so simple.

superior_wang

Quote from: ScottFaldon on January 08, 2014, 10:11:06 am
And if Arkansas moved to the Big XII and went 20-plus years without winning it, then what? The Sun Belt? Perhaps the MAC? Drop to D-II?

tis the direction we are headed, so yes.

superior_wang

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 08, 2014, 09:07:29 am
Your wang is shriveled a little today.  Why would we jump to the Big 12 to go back under Texas's BS?  It's a matter of time before that thing gets broken up and we'll get a few, the PAC will get a few, and a few will go elsewhere.  Do you seriously think that's a good idea for us, or are you just having a knee jerk reaction to the past two seasons? 

If we can compete in baseball, track, and this season it appears basketball...then what makes you so sure we won't compete in football?  Didn't we just show we could a few seasons back?  Good Lord...you people are like frightened little turtles.  "Let's go back in our shell.  It's too big of a stage for us here DESPITE us having superior facilities than many of the SEC schools, and a 2015 class that is shaping up to be pretty salty."

in football, we are basically in the American League East (duh). In our best seasons, we wont be ahead of bama, auburn and lsu.... that will almost never ever happen.  once every 50 years? I wont live to see it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rusvegashog on January 08, 2014, 01:12:49 am
Hurry up super conferences. That way when Florida State, Miami and LSU run off about 15 titles in a row, we can be all, South Eastern Quadrunt South Eastern Quadrant SEQ SEQ. and we can feel a part of things cause we're in the best quadrant in all of college football, it's all so dumb. Reporter: razorback player were u disappointed in the results of the 3-9 season? Razorback player: nah we're in the same quadrant as Alabama so we're cool. Arkansas is a Big 12 program pure and simple. Also rans in the best conference is NOT better. But what do I know. All just opinion. WPS

Arkansas isn't and NEVER was a Big12 conference school. They rarely played former Big8 teams. They only played tejas teams in the SWC. Just because Fayetteville is in the northwest corner of the state doesn't mean there is more in common with Big12 states instead of SEC states.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Sir Oinksalot

I hate the SEC...

The SEC has determined Arkansas' place in its Conf.  Anything we "get going"  that disrupts the "home office" view
(Birmingham) will be met with resistance...I.e. The Florida game, moving A&M from Dallas, LSU, on and on.

Now we could make a huge push (shall I say Herculean effort) and start beating people and get a high ranking but
when we do we get out and out cheated and that effort is asking a lot ala Petrino........but,

The bottom line is that we are getting filthy stinking rich here, yup, the SEC pays very well...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Inhogswetrust

Here's a question.

No. To hell with tejas and the Big12.......................................

P.S. I bet you are wrong about the money thing. Do you have proof?

superior_wang

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on January 08, 2014, 10:31:00 am
I hate the SEC...

The SEC has determined Arkansas' place in its Conf.  Anything we "get going"  that disrupts the "home office" view
(Birmingham) will be met with resistance...I.e. The Florida game, moving A&M from Dallas, LSU, on and on.

Now we could make a huge push (shall I say Herculean effort) and start beating people and get a high ranking but
when we do we get out and out cheated and that effort is asking a lot ala Petrino........but,

The bottom line is that we are getting filthy stinking rich here, yup, the SEC pays very well...

thats true, no sane person disputes it. Does bring up the issue of why do we  have a  team,  to win games or to make money for the school. ? In this respect , we are no more a football power than say  u of colorado.(which  just plays to get a fat pac 12  check).  i find this embarrassing.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rlamb on January 08, 2014, 12:25:43 am
As far as travel, we are bus trips away from Oklahoma, Okie State, Kansas and Kansas State. The idiocy of letting the State's flagship school be up in the NW corner of the State gives credence to being in the Big 12 anyway.

So what conference should West Virginia, SCe, Colorado, Utah, Syracuse, BC, Louisville and others be in? Heck you could even make a case that Florida and Georgia should be in the ACC due to geography just like you could make a case VT and Clemson belong in the SEC. Also don't look now but teams AND most fans don't travel by bus anymore.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 08, 2014, 08:16:57 am

I put weresoclose on my Ignore list. I'm much happier since............................................