Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pittman to Bama?

Started by nextlevel, February 07, 2013, 05:58:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nextlevel

Twitter and word on the street is buzzing that Saban has reached out to Pittman to be his new Offensive line coach to replace Stoutland who left to take the same position with Chip Kelly at the Eagles.

If true at least we held on to him past NSD.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

Hog on the Hill

I am hearing a lot of chatter about him being at the top of their list.

PorkSoda

Feels like DVH and Baseball recruiting.  Its great to have a lot of top players commit, but if they go pro outta highschool its all for naught
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

McHogLovin

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

hobhog

That would be a really crappy thing to do to he kids he recruited....

HOGKING

I'm sure we can pay whatever is necessary to keep him.  Doesn't he also have family close by in Oklahoma? I thought I read where he was glad to be back near them

PorkSoda

Quote from: HOGKING on February 07, 2013, 06:10:10 pm
I'm sure we can pay whatever is necessary to keep him.  Doesn't he also have family close by in Oklahoma? I thought I read where he was glad to be back near them
good point, that was a big reason for BB coming here in the first place.  Long needs to keep up his end of the bargain.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

GoHogzzGo

I'm sure(hope) Long would shell out enough money to keep him from any lateral moves. They could offer CBB but that doesn't mean he is going.  :razorback:
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

tophawg19

there may be something in his contract stopping him from going to the SEC west
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Cosby

Maybe its just me, but even with it being Bama I'd be shocked if he left.

He just landed 3 big time Olineman, and has the chance to really build something at Arkansas. And I understand you've got to get what you can for yourself at times, but I can't imagine getting kids to buy into what you're selling, then the day after they get locked in you jet.

I think most people would have a hard time doing that.

BallHog1

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 07, 2013, 06:09:56 pm
good point, that was a big reason for BB coming here in the first place.  Long needs to keep up his end of the bargain.
This

nextlevel

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on February 07, 2013, 06:11:14 pm
I'm sure(hope) Long would shell out enough money to keep him from any lateral moves. They could offer CBB but that doesn't mean he is going.  :razorback:

He is at the top of Saban's wish list, I do not remember anyone calling Klenakis, no matter how hard I prayed...
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

ADinWaiting

Look guys, Pittman makes almost $350,000. If Bama offers $500,000 then they do. Personally, that is outrageous for a non-coordinator.
"I was not happy with the direction of the program and a change in leadership was needed."

SONofHAM

It sure is nice to have coaches that Saban wants.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

McHogLovin

Quote from: ADinWaiting on February 07, 2013, 06:21:33 pm
Look guys, Pittman makes almost $350,000. If Bama offers $500,000 then they do. Personally, that is outrageous for a non-coordinator.

Gotta match the offer.  Can't let Pittman go. 

ekyle1

I sure am tired having Saban sniffing around in our backyard... (Players, coaches, exc.)

PygmalionEffect

Yea, I would think at worst, if Pittman entertained an offer from bama, he would give Arkansas a chance to match it.  We don't lose this guy over money.

Mcdonald was a little different in that he had just arrived and got the opportunity for an advancement to DC.

Making a move right after signing day for a lateral move would not be cool and so I don't think Pittman would do it, other than to leverage it for a few more bucks which I wouldn't have a problem with.

Until we can match bama on the field, we've got to at least match them in the pocketbook and we can still do that.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

ADinWaiting

Quote from: McHogLovin on February 07, 2013, 06:23:05 pm
When we start paying all positon coaches that kind of money and ticket prices increase I'm sure the complaints will flood in. "Long is such an awful AD, raising ticket prices for the poor Arkansas fan and lifelong season ticket holders." Those same people are the ones saying pay the assistants whatever it takes. Well what it takes is money and money comes from ticket revenue and donations. Can't always rely on the big boosters to pick up the tab. 
"I was not happy with the direction of the program and a change in leadership was needed."

schmeck

Quote from: SONofHAM on February 07, 2013, 06:22:41 pm

Yes it is, until it isn't.  I like the caliber of our staff though.  Pittman, Shannon, and Partridge may be the best assistants we've had since Broyles was the CEO of the Arkansas Head Coaching Factory
Deny everything and make counter-accusations.

hoghiker

Quote from: McHogLovin on February 07, 2013, 06:23:05 pm
It's easy for me to say because I'm not signing his check, but if we're going to compete with Bama we're going to have to compete with Bama. Be a good place to start.

ADinWaiting

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on February 07, 2013, 06:26:58 pm
Yea, I would think at worst, if Pittman entertained an offer from bama, he would give Arkansas a chance to match it.  We don't lose this guy over money.

Mcdonald was a little different in that he had just arrived and got the opportunity for an advancement to DC.

Making a move right after signing day for a lateral move would not be cool and so I don't think Pittman would do it, other than to leverage it for a few more bucks which I wouldn't have a problem with.

Until we can match bama on the field, we've got to at least match them in the pocketbook and we can still do that.
Lateral move?

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: ekyle1 on February 07, 2013, 06:24:29 pm
I sure am tired having Saban sniffing around in our backyard... (Players, coaches, exc.)

Yea, someone needs to call foot fault on that bozo
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

PygmalionEffect

PorkSoda

Quote from: SONofHAM on February 07, 2013, 06:22:41 pm
He wants him just to spite arkansas.  that is why he recruits so many RB's.  that way they aren't on the opposite side of the field from him.  He doesn't care if Tenpenny rides the bench his whole career.  better than than having to defend against him.  Same with Pittman, Saban has a chance to steal a top assistant from a division rival, of course he is going to try.

3kgthog

I really don't think Saban is afraid of us. Look at the scoreboard.

ADinWaiting

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on February 07, 2013, 06:31:21 pm
yea, lateral move
HAHA! Come on man we all love the Razorbacks but the OL coach at Alabama, winners of 3 of the last 4 in case you forgot, is not a lateral move.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: ADinWaiting on February 07, 2013, 06:21:33 pm

There is a buyout in his 2 or 3 year contract. I don't know about a non-compete clause, but I say we would match the offer and save him the money a buyout would cost.

Plus, does Pittman have ANY connection to the OC Nussmeier or Saban or any of the 'Bama coaches?

If he wants to be dog-cussed every time one of his players commits the slightest mistake or go where the HC's wife has dropped hints about her husband's retirement, I guess that's what he should do.

He knows what he has here, knows the OC and some of the other coaches. We NEED him. At Ow-Bumma, he would just be another cog in the machine. Anything less than a NC would be considered a failure of a season.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

taintlint

I have a source that says I drop steamers with more substance than this thread

Trm123

Where are y'all seeing these rumors brewing? I haven't seen or been able to find anything on twitter yet?

taintlint

I Googled "Jim Rome Retard From Hogville Submission" and ended up here

PygmalionEffect

For the same money, who would you rather have as a boss, CBB or Saban?

He wouldn't have come here if he didn't like and respect Bielema.  I think competitive coaches like a challenge and wish to put their stamp on the success of the team, feel like they contributed to something that has never been done before.

Arkansas has shown Pittman that we have a product that he can sell to top recruits.  He got almost everyone of them he went after. 

Assuming the money is the same or close, I think he would prefer the challenge of this situation with a reasonable chance to succeed vs going to bama where there is no where to go but down, and NCs are expected and anything less than that is a failure.

taintlint

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on February 07, 2013, 06:37:09 pm
There is a buyout in his 2 or 3 year contract. I don't know about a non-compete clause, but I say we would match the offer and save him the money a buyout would cost.

Plus, does Pittman have ANY connection to the OC Nussmeier or Saban or any of the 'Bama coaches?

If he wants to be dog-cussed every time one of his players commits the slightest mistake or go where the HC's wife has dropped hints about her husband's retirement, I guess that's what he should do.

He knows what he has here, knows the OC and some of the other coaches. We NEED him. At Ow-Bumma, he would just be another cog in the machine. Anything less than a NC would be considered a failure of a season.

you thinkin what i'm thinkin?

taintlint

Who all is here because you want to make fun of the members? Be honest.

Pyrotechnician

I think its ridiculous when grown men cant stand behind their decisions.  Pittman chose to come to Ark, he needs to stay put at least for a year or two.  If he leaves now, IMO he is a coward as a man and dont care anything about the kids he recruited here.  Loyalty and commitment seem to be eluding men these days...its a big reason why the world we live in is in such chaos!
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

ADinWaiting

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on February 07, 2013, 06:40:45 pm
For the same money, who would you rather have as a boss, CBB or Saban?

He wouldn't have come here if he didn't like and respect Bielema.  I think competitive coaches like a challenge and wish to put their stamp on the success of the team, feel like they contributed to something that has never been done before.

Arkansas has shown Pittman that we have a product that he can sell to top recruits.  He got almost everyone of them he went after. 

Assuming the money is the same or close, I think he would prefer the challenge of this situation with a reasonable chance to succeed vs going to bama where there is no where to go but down, and NCs are expected and anything less than that is a failure.
Why would Nussmeier leave Washington for Bama then?

All I'm saying is Bama is certainly not a lateral move. These coaches have been around for less than 3 months, I don't think anyone know who they really are or what they really want.

Also, if you had just been fired from a major college program and basically 2 days later had a offer from another major college program you wouldn't take it? Sure he may respect Bielema but come on man, coaching is an easy profession to get burned in.

That said, I don't believe he is leaving. Because I don't think Bama actually has inquired anything.

ADinWaiting

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on February 07, 2013, 06:43:30 pm
I think its ridiculous when grown men cant stand behind their decisions.  Pittman chose to come to Ark, he needs to stay put at least for a year or two.  If he leaves now, IMO he is a coward as a man and dont care anything about the kids he recruited here.  Loyalty and commitment seem to be eluding men these days...its a big reason why the world we live in is in such chaos!
Is that how you felt with Petrino left Atlanta? To coach our beloved Razorbacks.

nextlevel

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on February 07, 2013, 06:37:09 pm

His buyout is 50K.

ell oh ell

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: ADinWaiting on February 07, 2013, 06:36:30 pm
HAHA! Come on man we all love the Razorbacks but the OL coach at Alabama, winners of 3 of the last 4 in case you forgot, is not a lateral move.

Going from an offensive line coach in the SEC to an offensive line coach in the SEC is as lateral as it gets man.

If I become the CFO of a company for $500,000 a year that made $10M in income last year, leaving a CFO position that paid $500,000 that only made $1M in income last year, it's still a lateral move.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

"Heard that Saban has been in contact, Pittman wants to sleep on it and is flattered, but looks like a long shot to join Saban.  Said Dooley had some choice words for Saban while he was at Tennessee that makes him hesitant to join the Alabama staff"

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: ADinWaiting on February 07, 2013, 06:47:32 pm
Why would Nussmeier leave Washington for Bama then?

All I'm saying is Bama is certainly not a lateral move. These coaches have been around for less than 3 months, I don't think anyone know who they really are or what they really want.

Also, if you had just been fired from a major college program and basically 2 days later had a offer from another major college program you wouldn't take it? Sure he may respect Bielema but come on man, coaching is an easy profession to get burned in.

That said, I don't believe he is leaving. Because I don't think Bama actually has inquired anything.

You sure Pittman was fired at TN?  His boss Derek Doolittle was, but I think we grabbed Pittman before Jones was hired there, so he was just kindof in limbo at the time.

Kevin

Since last April, it seems there is always something going on around our football program
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RazorbackRon

Quote from: taintlint on February 07, 2013, 06:40:39 pm
I Googled "Jim Rome Retard From Hogville Submission" and ended up here

So says the man who had a Brokeback Mountain avatar.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Hog on the Hill

Alabama has way more money than we do.  We can't win a bidding war with them.  Who should we go after if or when Pittman leaves??

NWARazor

Spoke with Pittman and his wife last night. They were excited to be closer to family (both of them) and he was looking forward to having a little time off to look for a home. Asked about closest lake to Fayetteville where he could have a pontoon boat. We talked about "quality of life" of NWA and other things. Really great couple!
Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on February 07, 2013, 06:55:14 pm
Alabama has way more money than we do.  We can't win a bidding war with them.  Who should we go after if or when Pittman leaves??

lol.......   ok I give up

ADinWaiting

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on February 07, 2013, 06:47:16 pm
Going from an offensive line coach in the SEC to an offensive line coach in the SEC is as lateral as it gets man.

If I become the CFO of a company for $500,000 a year that made $10M in income last year, leaving a CFO position that paid $500,000 that only made $1M in income last year, it's still a lateral move.
I guess I'm stupid and don't understand your argument.

Better program: Alabama, there is no disputing this.

Career advancement: Alabama, why are they replacing their coach? The NFL.

It is all a matter of career goals.

If your goal is to be CEO and the second job gets you closer to that then you would take it.

Tim Harris

I've not seen this anywhere. Where are people coming up with this?

HG

The brutal irony...the quality of our coaching staff is validated by a place like Bama possibly luring it away.  We have arrived!  Arriving...and there it goes again.  :P

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: Tim Harris on February 07, 2013, 07:04:18 pm
I've not seen this anywhere. Where are people coming up with this?

I don't think this is a real scenario, we're just practicing arguing.