Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs offer in-state junior

Started by The Recruiting Guy, January 07, 2013, 11:46:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanWoody

Great thanks RD! I will need to go watch his film. Sounds like a good sized RB.
WPS Go HOGS!

The Hogfather

This guy is going to be really good juan day.  :)

secneahog

That is a big boy at rb for a junior.  You know hes gonna add more size next yr, hope he can keep that 4.5 speed.   Coach BB is gonna take over the LR scene, so this Altee stuff wont happen again.

Would really pump me up to see Coach BB, making trips to the Osceola area.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

pfrg999

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 07, 2013, 11:52:31 am

+1 That was GREAT, and Yet Wonderfully Horrible!
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hawgwild79

IMO no matter what happens with Tenpenny, Day is the best back at NLR....I have watched them and I think Day has the brighter future!

NeverYield

Quote from: Hawgwild79 on January 07, 2013, 12:00:39 pm
IMO no matter what happens with Tenpenny, Day is the best back at NLR....I have watched them and I think Day has the brighter future!
Heard that most people that've watched them both say the same thing.

"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

Tim Harris

Quote from: Hawgwild79 on January 07, 2013, 12:00:39 pm

Several have said Day is the better gameday back and Tenpenny is the better combine back.  Hopefully we end up with both.

IrishShenanigans69

Actually more excited about Day than Tenpenny.  WOO PIG SOOIE!!!  Now, if he would just pull that trigger, we'd have Rafe, Bijohn, AND Day, and that'd be AWESOME!!!

tiber

Maybe Kody Walker steps up this year and bolsters the ranks until the '14 class arrives. 

secneahog

Quote from: tiber on January 07, 2013, 12:25:44 pm
Maybe Kody Walker steps up this year and bolsters the ranks until the '14 class arrives.

You dont think we will land a stud rb in this class?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

tiber

Quote from: secneahog on January 07, 2013, 12:31:52 pm
You dont think we will land a stud rb in this class?

I don't know.  I hope we do... maybe the kid from Memphis fits that bill? 
Are we going to flip the kid from NJ?  The UW RB coach stayed home.

Tim Harris

Quote from: tiber on January 07, 2013, 12:36:41 pm
I don't know.  I hope we do... maybe the kid from Memphis fits that bill? 
Are we going to flip the kid from NJ?  The UW RB coach stayed home.

Personally I think our most likely options are going to be Tenpenny & Jordan Wilkins (From the Memphis area).  If we got both those I would be extremely pleased.

tiber

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 07, 2013, 12:38:51 pm
Personally I think our most likely options are going to be Tenpenny & Jordan Wilkins (From the Memphis area).  If we got both those I would be extremely pleased.

There's a 7 page thread of recruiting experts saying we don't need Tenpenny. 
It's amazing what you can read here compared to other program's recruiting boards. 

Tim Harris

Quote from: tiber on January 07, 2013, 12:45:50 pm
There's a 7 page thread of recruiting experts saying we don't need Tenpenny. 
It's amazing what you can read here compared to other program's recruiting boards. 

Yeah and it's a shame.  The recruiting board used to be the place you could come to for civil conversation about football.

whosiskid

I think Juan could be our next person to commit. He has been very, very explicit about wanting to be a Razorback and doesn't even seem to have a second choice.

Juan Day is as much a lock as any player will ever be. He is as much a Razorback as Bijohn Jackson.

I'd love to see Juan commit before Altee goes for his official. That would be interesting.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

The_Iceman

I know some people think this is an insult, but this is the type of kid I'd love to bring in and beef him up to be a fullback. Watching the NFl yesterday, it's a big advantage to have a fullback that can catch out of the backfield off play action.

Tim Harris

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 07, 2013, 12:54:32 pm
I know some people think this is an insult, but this is the type of kid I'd love to bring in and beef him up to be a fullback. Watching the NFl yesterday, it's a big advantage to have a fullback that can catch out of the backfield off play action.

Depending on who you talk to some have Jarvis Cooper being recruited for that role.  He is out of West Memphis and is a 2014 recruit.  Some have him as a LBer and some have him as FB.  6'1, 245 lbs as a Jr.

http://hsarkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=374&p=8&c=1&nid=5918402

MRPRFCT

I know his dad personally. For some reason everyone I know pronounces his name Ju-wan Day.

RazorPiggie

I cant watch that video RD has in his article. Anyone having those problems lately. I think its that website. I couldn't watch Jacksons' video either.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on January 07, 2013, 01:11:36 pm
I cant watch that video RD has in his article. Anyone having those problems lately. I think its that website. I couldn't watch Jacksons' video either.

HUDL makes trying to watch these videos absolutely unbearable. I am no longer going to even click on them.

whosiskid

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 07, 2013, 12:56:42 pm
Depending on who you talk to some have Jarvis Cooper being recruited for that role.  He is out of West Memphis and is a 2014 recruit.  Some have him as a LBer and some have him as FB.  6'1, 245 lbs as a Jr.

I really think Jarvis is only going to be recruited as a defensive player. Some may want him as a DE, but most will want him as a MLB. He is being rated a 4 star linebacker by a couple of the services. You just don't turn those guys into fullbacks.

Nor do I think you do that with Juan Day. You want him to have a lot of carries.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

whosiskid

Quote from: MRPRFCT on January 07, 2013, 01:11:00 pm
I know his dad personally. For some reason everyone I know pronounces his name Ju-wan Day.

Lord Byron's greatest poem is titled Don Juan. Most people incorrectly pronounce it Don WAN. Byron pronounced it Don JEW-uhn. So the WAN pronounciation isn't necessarily perfect.

Interestingly, on the audiobook of Bob Dylan's autobiography Chronicle, Sean Penn, who read it, did pronounce the title of Byron's poem correctly.

DallasHogFan

Would be a great addition to the other backs we are looking at. Could be a great Juan/two punch.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

Tim Harris

Quote from: whosiskid on January 07, 2013, 01:32:13 pm
I really think Jarvis is only going to be recruited as a defensive player. Some may want him as a DE, but most will want him as a MLB. He is being rated a 4 star linebacker by a couple of the services. You just don't turn those guys into fullbacks.

Nor do I think you do that with Juan Day. You want him to have a lot of carries.

I agree that he most likely will be recruited as a LBer next year but so far he has got looks from colleges at both positions.

whosiskid

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 07, 2013, 01:42:28 pm
I agree that he most likely will be recruited as a LBer next year but so far he has got looks from colleges at both positions.

I've heard that, but my suspicion is that some schools are telling him that in the hopes that he might want to play offense. He looks like a good running back, but he has the chance to be a great linebacker.

But back to Juan Day. He hasn't been rated yet by any of the services as far as I know, but I will be furious if he isn't rated a 4 star. He was extremely important to NLR last year and compared quite favorably to Tenpenny. Day had some huge games that led to NLR victories and seemed to do better as the season went along. If Tenpenny is a four star back, then so is Day. That is, if you only go by performances in games. I'm not sure what if anything Day has done in combines.

But other than that, the difference between Day and Tenpenny is huge. Juan has often talked about wanting to play for the Razorbacks, while Tenpenny always seemed more excited talking about Alabama, Georgia, and Florida.

But I'd just love to know what it is like at NLR today. I can just imagine everyone congratulating Day and slapping his back and the such. It is inconceivable that Tenpenny can look on and notice a massive difference between people being excited for Day and the same people being a little ticked off with Tenpenny (he has admitted that people are constantly giving him grief for committing to Alabama). I really do wonder if offering Day right now was calculated to get a reaction out of Tenpenny.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Day were to do an unofficial sometime soon and commit. If this is calculated to give Tenpenny a wake up call, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Day were to commit very soon.

All this said, I figure this locks up one of . . . two? slot for next year? It may depend on how many backs we get to sign this year. It is going to be tough if we have only JWill and whoever we get to commit soon. But if we don't get a really nice back or two to commit out of the 2013 class, I predict Williams will lead the SEC in rushing next year. 350 carries!

Gonzo

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 07, 2013, 11:52:31 am

Ow! Very dad, lol

Go Hogs!

Oklahawg

Quote from: whosiskid on January 07, 2013, 01:35:15 pm
Lord Byron's greatest poem is titled Don Juan. Most people incorrectly pronounce it Don WAN. Byron pronounced it Don JEW-uhn. So the WAN pronounciation isn't necessarily perfect.

Interestingly, on the audiobook of Bob Dylan's autobiography Chronicle, Sean Penn, who read it, did pronounce the title of Byron's poem correctly.

Show off :)

(with an appropriate tip o' the hat)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MissippHog

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 07, 2013, 12:32:23 pm

He had just one highlight all year?
I keed, I keed.

That's about as north and south as it gets and he looked pretty fast for "just" a 4.5 guy.

HogPhilosophy

I was looking back at this years sparq combine in Dallas and remembering that another NLR runningback won it, thinking it was Juan Day. Instead it was Kavin Alexander. Did this kid play at all this year??

tiber

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on January 07, 2013, 04:52:20 pm
I was looking back at this years sparq combine in Dallas and remembering that another NLR runningback won it, thinking it was Juan Day. Instead it was Kavin Alexander. Did this kid play at all this year??

This guy looks about 28 - http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/football/recruiting/player-Kavin-Alexander-140420

The_Iceman

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 07, 2013, 12:56:42 pm

Good to hear. A good fullback should not be overlooked.

DallasHogFan

I like Juan, but you should see his brother Two. He has a cpl of cousins that have great highlight reels...Jose' and Jos-B. Sorry.....I'm done.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson