Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just saw interview with Spaight and his Dad on CH 7....

Started by cypert2, December 20, 2012, 06:46:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cypert2

.....sounded like his Dad was pushing for K State. Glad to see an Arkansas kid get a scholarship. He really looked pleased to be a Hog.
Swinging on the two and the four.

DeltaBoy

Is his family grads of K-State or they just like Paw Paw Snider?
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

nextlevel

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 20, 2012, 08:15:34 am
Is his family grads of K-State or they just like Paw Paw Snider?

K-State was in on him the longest, Arkansas has been in on him for less than a week and Petrino flat out told him he wasn't good enough for Arkansas... but looking at Petrino's defenses, I wouldn't put too much stock into his opinion on a defensive player...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

nwahogfan1

I hope he can get that online math course knocked out in the next 3 weeks.  That would be a wonderful Christmas present for him and for us.   

Thank you young man for not holding a grudge against us for the misevaluation of the previous staff.

want2be

At 5'11" thought he was too short.......Coach B told him that was the same height as his best linebacker at Wisc. Petrino had begun setting his standards for height, weight, etc. that he overlooked heart and desire.

Jericho Nelson, Butu, Bua, and many others have proved that theory wrong.

Redhogs

Quote from: nextlevel on December 20, 2012, 08:30:23 am
K-State was in on him the longest, Arkansas has been in on him for less than a week and Petrino flat out told him he wasn't good enough for Arkansas... but looking at Petrino's defenses, I wouldn't put too much stock into his opinion on a defensive player...
He's also developed allot since he was evaluated by BP. He may or may not have missed on this player, as all coaches do, but he is one of the best at what he does in this regard.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

nextlevel

Quote from: Redhogs on December 20, 2012, 09:14:10 am
He's also developed allot since he was evaluated by BP.

And? Part of BP's evaluation process was concluding he wouldn't develop into an SEC caliber LB.

He was wrong.

We were in the process to converting from a finesse team into a "smash mouth/strength/mauler" style team. The should keep us from being blown out by Bama/LSU on a yearly basis and being man handled by the Mississippi and lower tier schools in the trenches. Height isn't a the end all be all, we are not fielding a basketball team...
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

choppedporkextrasauce

BP probably wouldn't have wanted Sam Olajubutu either but at 5-8 all he did was become 1st team All SEC for the Hogs.

razorbacker3

JIHawg

This kid has great parents.  It's my impression that mom and dad are thrilled he's a Hog, and can't wait to head to the Hill for games.

HawgAlude

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 20, 2012, 08:45:08 am
I hope he can get that online math course knocked out in the next 3 weeks.  That would be a wonderful Christmas present for him and for us.   

Thank you young man for not holding a grudge against us for the misevaluation of the previous staff.

that previous staff went to a BCS bowl with Arkansas, something the current staff with never ever do and never ever be in the top 5 ever as long as BB is here. Then and only then once LONG is LONG Gone can Gus come in and get us back to where we use to be.

nextlevel

ha;dr

Gus is putting together an impressive sunbelt staff on the plains.

I recommend ITAT or AE for all your GUSlove posts in the future HA.

ell oh ell

CR7

Quote from: HawgAlude on December 20, 2012, 09:46:56 am
that previous staff went to a BCS bowl with Arkansas, something the current staff with never ever do and never ever be in the top 5 ever as long as BB is here. Then and only then once LONG is LONG Gone can Gus come in and get us back to where we use to be.

Teh darn?

RazorNoles

This is either extreme sarcasm or crazy talk....

idochog

If Gus had been hired here, we'd have a staff made up of high school coaches from around the state
I love Jesus!

HawgAlude

Quote from: idochog on December 20, 2012, 10:04:33 am
If Gus had been hired here, we'd have a staff made up of high school coaches from around the state

watch as those Arkansas boys beat the crap out of the carpet baggers next season by oh I will say 40 points. I will personally be laughing my arse off. I would love to see ole Long Gone walk the line then.

yonklick455

Quote from: HawgAlude on December 20, 2012, 10:09:04 am
watch as those Arkansas boys beat the crap out of the carpet baggers next season by oh I will say 40 points. I will personally be laughing my arse off. I would love to see ole Long Gone walk the line then.

Are you a razorback fan? Serious question
Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 14, 2012, 09:10:36 am
no offense bro, but i don't think you've ever taken anything with a grain of salt in your life.

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 17, 2013, 10:11:51 pm
Man, the FCI that day was Threat Level Midnight.

HawgAlude

Quote from: yonklick455 on December 20, 2012, 10:15:06 am

I graduated from there have been a Razorback fan all my life, grew up with the Razorbacks know a lot of boosters and even a few BOT members, If you think they are happy with Long and this then you are out of your minds. I would imagine it would be one step above JLS. It is gonna be a tough one to hoe and I am glad I will not have to watch any of it.

Hogfan46

Quote from: HawgAlude on December 20, 2012, 10:21:05 am
I graduated from there have been a Razorback fan all my life, grew up with the Razorbacks know a lot of boosters and even a few BOT members, If you think they are happy with Long and this then you are out of your minds. I would imagine it would be one step above JLS. It is gonna be a tough one to hoe and I am glad I will not have to watch any of it.

Ok, we get it. You hate Jeff Long.  If you have any semblance of football intelligence though, there is no way you can deny that Bielema is a more than capable coach who is putting together a top notch staff.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: yonklick455 on December 20, 2012, 10:15:06 am

He is the typical "idiot t-shirt fan" that posts on message boards. He will claim he graduated from the UofA. However, with his lack of sentence structure and proper grammar, there is no way he could have ever passed Comp I.

yonklick455

Well if you are a razorback fan, why in the hell are you puling for another team to beat us next season?
Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 14, 2012, 09:10:36 am
no offense bro, but i don't think you've ever taken anything with a grain of salt in your life.

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 17, 2013, 10:11:51 pm
Man, the FCI that day was Threat Level Midnight.

code red

Your delusional....anyone on this board that cried for Patterson should be estatic with Coach B...cause that is what he is...the Patterson from the north.  And anyone who would say that Gus is a better head coach than either...well...I don't know what to think about them.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

BrianWPS!!

Haha! You're the same guy that said that "unlike any of us, you actually graduated from the university".  Implying that on a razorback site, no one other than you went to school there. I doubt you know anyone that matters. Keep pumping your bullsh&t but know that no one cares about your opinion anymore. Leave the "I know so&so" stuff to people that actually do.

mtnmusic

Tennessee Ernie Ford once said "The reason talk is cheap is simply because the supply exceeds the demand".

Dogtown Donkey

Are you drunk?

Huckleberry Pig

you serious clark?

adave

seems plausible

Huckleberry Pig

I really hope you are just a troll;  at least it'd be funny

RazorNoles

"Know a lot of boosters and even a few BOT members"

Nice. I'm really impressed. I'm surprised you left out the fact that you make a lot of money.

"If you think they are happy with Long and this"

This? What is this? Happy with the fact that we have a coach that can actually assemble a competent staff? You saying that Gus will beat us by 40 next year would indicate you aren't very smart.

Hammibal Lecter

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on December 20, 2012, 10:52:42 am
I really hope you are just a troll;  at least it'd be funny
^^^^ this. he's a tigerdroppings troll. Hurry along now alude, go tell them your troll attempt failed.
Quote from: Breems on January 14, 2014, 10:53:08 pm
I PEED. I PEED. MY PANTS HAVE PEE PEE.

Pig in the Pokey

Gruden's agent , lol. Quit being so unreasonable and you might actually get the guy a job.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

yocdaddy

Let me preface this by saying I'm sorry to the rest of the board.  If you believe this stuff you are spewing....the turd I just flushed has way more intelligence and football knowledge.  Gus will be a good/great head coach, but not here right now.  Get over it, move on, life is good.

If you believe Jeff Long isn't one of the Top 5 AD's in the country, then you simply don't have a clue about sport management.  Agree or disagree with his decisions, Jeff Long is one of the absolute best. 
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hammibal Lecter on December 20, 2012, 10:56:42 am
^^^^ this. he's a tigerdroppings troll. Hurry along now alude, go tell them your troll attempt failed.

I refuse to believe there is anyone that dumb. 

He does a great job of getting everyone riled up though so I gots to give him props for his trolling skills. 

Deepwoods

And if you're wrong...what are the consequences?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: cypert2 on December 20, 2012, 06:46:14 am
.....sounded like his Dad was pushing for K State. Glad to see an Arkansas kid get a scholarship. He really looked pleased to be a Hog.

Not true. He tried to give Martrell advice on both programs and let him make up his mind.

His father had a Hog cap on and also had a Razorbacks sweat top when I shot Martrell's work out video on Tuesday.

4me2know

JaketheSnake

Right.  They only went the the last three BCS bowls.  Doubt it could happen here.

Hillbilly Hawg

commas can be your friend...
"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f****** khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."        -Tyler Durden

ldfergu

Does this really have to happen in every single thread?  You ppl are tools

Birminghog

Somebody pi$$ in your grits?  America is a great place. You can watch / follow anyone you wish.  Have fun following whomever. As for me & my house, we will follow the Hogs!

Sueie

If you are going to suck up to Petrino go back to the woopig board.  Let the rest of us enjoy his departure.

tiber

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on December 20, 2012, 09:22:19 am
BP probably wouldn't have wanted Sam Olajubutu either but at 5-8 all he did was become 1st team All SEC for the Hogs.

One of my favorite quotes from a football announcer was describing Butu as a "Physics Lesson Coming At You".

razorbacker3

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 20, 2012, 11:23:00 am
Not true. He tried to give Martrell advice on both programs and let him make up his mind.

His father had a Hog cap on and also had a Razorbacks sweat top when I shot Martrell's work out video on Tuesday.
Richard, is his dad Mark?

HogsInaBlanket

BOO THIS MAN

Arkansas Fan

Looks like we've got an escapee from the asylum!

tiber

Quote from: Sueie on December 20, 2012, 11:52:07 am
If you are going to suck up to Petrino go back to the woopig board.  Let the rest of us enjoy his departure.

If you've actually 'enjoyed' a departure from the seasons we had with CBP you're an idiot.

Better to say we hope to replicate that success or better with the new staff. 

Because that was more sustained success than the program has had in a long time. 

younghog

Classic..

I was at the BCS game as well.

Guess who didn't show up:

Adams in the 1ST HALF
PLAY CALLING ENTIRE GAME..

We got away from Kniles and Dennis and tried to go over the top..

~GO FIGURE

I mean go hogs
GO HOGS

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: younghog on December 20, 2012, 12:01:04 pm
Classic..

Adams in the 1ST HALF

~GO FIGURE

I mean go hogs

Dennis didn't play the entire year, but I get your point.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: younghog on December 20, 2012, 12:01:04 pm
Classic..

Adams in the 1ST HALF

~GO FIGURE

I mean go hogs
Who is this Kniles that you... oh nevermind.  He gone