Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Les Miles?

Started by Rooster Hogburn, September 16, 2012, 11:15:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

HAM ELLIOT

CDBHawg

Sivad

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on September 16, 2012, 11:15:02 pm
...can we afford him?
He wouldn't even consider coming and worshipping at the altar of Jeff Long.

johnny cash

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Sivad on September 16, 2012, 11:19:54 pm

No coach worth having would.

Calling All Hogs

September 16, 2012, 11:24:59 pm #6 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:34:18 am by CallMeHog
Oh what troubled times we live in when we start considering Les Miles as a coach.

duckcmmndr

Bamafan35652

"The quarterback carry is certainly the best carry and one that we have an opportunity that if you play coverage on the remaining players, the numbers are best to run the football." Les Miles

RazorSwag

Hey yeah let me know when Les Miles makes a move to fellow SEC west opponent Arkansas.

BatesvilleHOG

HogginIT

Wouldn't want him if he would come here for free!
Just wait until next Year!© Official slogan of Razorback football.

thebignasty

jkstock04

If Miles came here to coach we would struggle to avg. 7 wins/year.  We gotta get a guy here that can do 1 of 2 things:

1) Recruit and get blue chip players from all over the country. 

2)  Coach average or below average talent up to above average or excellent play. 

Obviously having #1 and #2 would be optimal....but beggars can't be choosers. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Rooster Hogburn

If we can afford him, he is crazy enough to take the job. No other accomplished and relevant coach would consider the train wreck that is UA athletics.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Tim Harris

We wouldn't give him enough to spend on his assistants.

mindtoxicity

The main reason Miles has been so successful at LSU is because he's in great recruiting territory. We saw from the Championship game that his play-calling abilities are suspect.

balzak

...can we afford him?
You want to know how I know we've hit rock bottom?

Redhogs

Quote from: balzak on September 17, 2012, 09:39:26 am
You want to know how I know we've hit rock bottom?
Yea...some of the names being throw out there.....make that painfully clear...
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Snouty

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on September 16, 2012, 11:29:05 pm
I'd rather buy a goat

A goat would be better than who we have now!  At least he'd butt somebody.

Chief Hog

Heck No!!! Did you not watch the national championship game? LSU fans were ready to give him the boot after going undefeated in regular season. He is a clown and would not win here.

Hogwallup

QuoteLSU fans were ready to give him the boot after going undefeated in regular season
When is the last time we've had one?

Blue35

Quote from: Chief Hog on September 17, 2012, 09:46:27 am
He is a clown and would not win here.
We already have a clown.

Fatty McGee

And people wonder why Arkansas fans are considered crazy.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

HotlantaHog

He would need to learn to pronounce Arkansas.

Hogwallup

QuoteHe would need to learn to pronounce Arkansas.
LOL. Probably would never happen.

This is a ridiculous thread. The guy has something going at LSU, no way he comes here. All joking aside, he just had an undefeated season, he's 3-3 against Saban, the only guy that's ever beaten Saban back to back times, sitting on a recruiting hot bed...etc.

howie76

Please no, there has to be better options.

188fw_FyngRzrbk

Why even enter his name into the conversation?  If you are Les Miles and you're sitting on the throne of a program in which recruiting is not an issue - you're turning away players that want to come onto the squad, why in heaven's name would you entertain a move to a program that would be a step backwards or at best, a lateral move.

I can see Les getting the boot from LSU in only one scenario - via NCAA violations, and in that case, why would we want him?
Be professional, be courteous, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Athog

Quote from: Sivad on September 16, 2012, 11:19:54 pm

I would want him to worship here. In addition why would he come here from LSU? We need to have realistic expectations even hypothetically.

Dionysos25

Seriously? This talk about Saban/Miles/Carroll just cracks me up..  You're in fantasy land.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

hamburg hog

may the odds be for ever in your favor! f miles,!

OldArmy94

You don't want Les Miles; in fact,  I suspect that his replacement  at OSU (Gundy) is a better coach.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Well, that's it.  It's official.  We've NOW named every coach in America as a potential candidate. 

bigbadhog

I woundn't want Miles but would like to lure away is DC.....
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

eldohoggirl

Les Miles, really? Synthetic Pot is illegal in Arkansas.
Hog Fan Til' they pry my red wig from my cold dead hands!

Aston Martin 8 dude

...can we afford him?
One thing we WOULDN'T get is bigger joke at a news conference. Here I was thinking I'd never have to say that again after Hootie.

Danny J

Smite me all you want but you people are delusional!!! Why would he leave a MUCH better program considered elite to come to this dumpster fire? We are not committed to winning at all costs like the elite programs are. It is obvious.

PS...when I say at all costs I mean within reason. We would have found a way to keep recent players including Oden and wade if we were serious about winning.

Tejano Jawg

When I saw this thread, something suddenly hit me...how bad is it when you'd consider the thought of Les Miles over who you currently have??
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

spankinbacon

You think he would bring his Coach of the Year hardware and NC ring here right now? Really? Screw Miles, go for Saban...

Rooster Hogburn

When we are losing a game, at least we would have a coach who could provide entertainment in the form of grass/turf munching. It'd be a sort of sideshow act. This would prevent season ticket holders from claiming a total loss.

Hawg Balling

Miles would just be trading one fan base obsessed with its former coach for another fan base obsessed with its former coach.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 16, 2012, 11:40:46 pm
If Miles came here to coach we would struggle to avg. 7 wins/year.  We gotta get a guy here that can do 1 of 2 things:

1) Recruit and get blue chip players from all over the country. 

2)  Coach average or below average talent up to above average or excellent play. 

Obviously having #1 and #2 would be optimal....but beggars can't be choosers.
Why wouldn't he just have to do the first?
Everyone needs to give Miles more credit.  He doesn't recruit just Louisiana.
10 of their 22 commits for 2013 aren't from Louisiana.  It's the number 3 class as of right now.
10 of their 23 for 2012 aren't from Louisiana either. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

hogphann

yea les miles has got to be one of the worst coaches in college football. I mean he didn't win a Sugar Bowl, NC, and go 1-1 against a good Bama team last year for nothing. Surely he just got lucky from achieving success off of Sabans genius. According to this board Les Miles = Lane Kiffin and Larry Coker

LaHog12

A lot of hating on Miles in this thread but there is a few things that you cant a argue with, 
1.78-15 while at LSU
2.3-3 against saban
3.LSU is always going to be in the NC convo
4.Top ten recruiting almost every year he has been there
He might be a weirdo but he surly is getting the job done at LSU.

Danny J

Quote from: LaHog12 on September 17, 2012, 04:35:55 pm
A lot of hating on Miles in this thread but there is a few things that you cant a argue with, 
1.78-15 while at LSU
2.3-3 against saban
3.LSU is always going to be in the NC convo
4.Top ten recruiting almost every year he has been there
He might be a weirdo but he surly is getting the job done at LSU.
Don't try to reason with the delusional. These are the same people who think we can get gruden, stoops, cowher, tomlin, carroll, etc...Just name a big name coach, no matter if it is the nfl or not, and they think we have a shot.

How about bill belichick? Maybe I should start a thread asking if we could get him. I swear...every coach on TV the last months and there has been a thread about him. It is beyond ridiculous.

doctacarta

could we pay him in zoysia?

At least this caused me to laugh.  I run with fools on here while others run with the bulls or something like that.

Rooster Hogburn

Quote from: doctacarta on September 17, 2012, 04:40:35 pm
could we pay him in zoysia?
Now that is funny right there!!! Lololo