Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JOHN L SMITH Slams Critics, fans & everyone who is upset over loss!

Started by pfrg999, September 10, 2012, 01:33:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in the boat?

Not as long as JLS is the in the coach and Jeff Long is the Captain.
19 (26%)
Damn straight!  I am in the boat and I will be there paddling my ass off!
35 (47.9%)
Depends if we win Saturday or not?
2 (2.7%)
No not in the boat, don't really care anymore.
17 (23.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: September 15, 2012, 02:04:41 pm

pfrg999

"This is the same football team, these are the same players, these are the same coaches that you were on the band wagon, I guess, a week ago, and they deserve your support." -John L. Smith

Damn, that would be a dang strong statement, one that I could get behind, except it it came from a man who Ran off the field after one of the worse losses in team History and didn't have the guts to Shake the opposing coaches hand or congratulate him!
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

OptimusHog

HF#1

Yeah well they also deserve better coaching.  We support the players, it's that goofball we got issues with.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Stang1970

Quote from: pfrg999 on September 10, 2012, 01:33:39 pm
"This is the same football team, these are the same players, these are the same coaches that you were on the band wagon, I guess, a week ago, and they deserve your support." -John L. Smith

Damn, that would be a dang strong statement, one that I could get behind, except it it came from a man who Ran off the field after one of the worse losses in team History and didn't have the guts to Shake the opposing coaches hand or congratulate him!

Well, did you see what JLS said about the shaking the hand.  He said he went out to shake and couldnt find the coach and he figured he was celebrating which JLS understood.

Danny J

Quote from: HogFan#1 on September 10, 2012, 01:34:27 pm
Yeah well they also deserve better coaching.  We support the players, it's that goofball we got issues with.

kingofdequeen

PeePaw is bringing the wood!

pardon my not being impressed w/ his moxie. 

EastexHawg

That imbecile stood by while our season was flushed down the toilet by a cupcake...and he's lecturing the fans? 

Blood...boiling...now

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Arkansas Stang 1966 on September 10, 2012, 01:34:55 pm
Well, did you see what JLS said about the shaking the hand.  He said he went out to shake and couldnt find the coach and he figured he was celebrating which JLS understood.

And that is the biggest bunch of BS ever.  ESPN showed their coach standing right at midfield where coaches always meet and John L was nowhere to be seen.

JaketheSnake

Lets get serious here... its not like the post game handshake means anything.  Some coaches are friends and they try to talk a bit, but for the most part they dont like each other.  Why are people making such a big deal of this?  Not like salemen congratulate each other when one gets a contract over another.  People care about winning, not sportsmanship.

Sugar Free Hog

Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

kingofdequeen

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 10, 2012, 01:37:24 pm
And that is the biggest bunch of BS ever.  ESPN showed their coach standing right at midfield where coaches always meet and John L was nowhere to be seen.

He couldn't find the guy standing at midfield that was surrounded by media and policemen?

Check him for Alzheimer's today......what a load.....what about the thousands of fans that saw you [CENSORED] run off the field, pappy?

sickboy

I think we're maybe making something out of nothing here. He's the coach. What's he supposed to say? And better yet, at this point, does it really matter what he says?

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: kingofdequeen on September 10, 2012, 01:35:17 pm
PeePaw is bringing the wood!

pardon my not being impressed w/ his moxie. 

No joke...

Total HDN move, call out the fans JLS you freaking clown

denimchicken

This is the final straw. Lets get an angry mob going!! I've got my pitchfork, who's got the torches??
"You can't do backflips, you don't know karate, you're white trash." - Charlie Kelly

Hawgon

The guy with a ten month contract is trying to tell me, a guy who has been a fan for 40 years, an alumnus, and who will be emotionally invested in this team when he is just a bad memory how to be a fan.  Yeah, whatever.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 10, 2012, 01:38:02 pm
Lets get serious here... its not like the post game handshake means anything.  Some coaches are friends and they try to talk a bit, but for the most part they dont like each other.  Why are people making such a big deal of this?  Not like salemen congratulate each other when one gets a contract over another.  People care about winning, not sportsmanship.

Been around organized sport in the US very long?

luckyrazrbk

paul petrino is just as much at fault as jls. a little league coach could have called plays better. run the dang ball, especially when you have a 21 point lead and your start qb is hurt. atleast do some play action and try to make a defense play honest. any defense when they know your going to throw every play will be able to stop those short in routes in the middle of the field. it was like i seen the same play over and over the whole second half. jls should have manned up and told petrino to start running the ball. as far as the defense goes tackling is freaking fundamentals that you should know in little leage or junior high ball. i mean what is really going on here cph?

rwspear

YOURE FIRED

Cylinder

Quote from: HogFan#1 on September 10, 2012, 01:34:27 pm

This. We can't help thay you embarass yourself. Don't embarass the kids.

luckyrazrbk

its all the same, we might as well fire them all and start fresh now cause this coaching staff is making the dream season look awful and its only going to get worse it looks.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 10, 2012, 01:42:40 pm
Yes I have.  Likely more involved than you.  Post-game handshakes are out-dated.  Pros might go find players they have relationships with from previous teams, but for the most part they just go about their business.  What is wrong with that?  High schools and all lower levels line up to touch hands bc its expected, not because they want to.  Crap, peewee footballers dont want to shake hands.

kuhog

Say what you want about the coaches, (yes, we have incompetent coaching) but an SEC school should have enough talent to beat any Sun Belt team.

Stang1970

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 10, 2012, 01:37:24 pm

So now you believe ESPN?

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The Boar War

Where was this fire on the sideline?

chortle

luckyrazrbk

Quote from: kuhog on September 10, 2012, 01:48:23 pm
Say what you want about the coaches, (yes, we have incompetent coaching) but an SEC school should have enough talent to beat any Sun Belt team.

the players can only do what the coaches tell them to do, horrible play calling is the biggest problem. not saying we have the best talent but play calling speaks for itself. the offense left the defense hanging the whole second half.

Athog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 10, 2012, 01:42:40 pm

Let's get upset over something else. Petrino didn't shake Miles hand last year and that was bush too. Neither makes me to excited. And yes I have been in organized sports in the US a while.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

budcampbellfan

Maybe John L. was mad at their coach (what's-his-name?) because they injured so many our players.  That's not what they were paid to do!  Now what is John L. going to have to do?  Go looking thru the intermural squads like Nutt? 

Would you shake hands?

(sarcasm - I notices some people never catch it)
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Fayettechill14

He said he looked for Berry and didn't see him so he assumed he was celebrating in the end zone with his players. Now that I think about it coaches usually don't shake hands when a team storms the field. Smith said he'd call Berry; the two are friends.

RazrRila99

Why didnt the players take a chance and change the play in the huddle?  You know like they do in the movies and we did in HS a few times.  If you know something isnt working, then take it into your own hands.

Fayettechill14

Badmouthing him doesn't help anything. Firing him wouldn't help either...all of our coaches looked clueless. The problem cannot be fixed until the season is over. Until then, support this team 100% and enjoy the ride! When he's gone I'll be the first to say Thanks and Good Riddance, but for now this is about the players.

luckyrazrbk

Quote from: Cole1976 on September 10, 2012, 01:57:18 pm
Why didnt the players take a chance and change the play in the huddle?  You know like they do in the movies and we did in HS a few times.  If you know something isnt working, then take it into your own hands.

might be because we had a freshman playing and he dont know the offense well enough. im not sure really, if i was allen i would have changed alot of the plays to run plays, haha. just saying cause everyone knows thats what we should have been doing.

Hog Fan...DOH!

The handshake deal is stupid.  So is losing the ULM.  He needs to slap himself and go coach those players. 

Fayettechill14

The title of this thread is like an E! News title.

Good grief, that's not at all what he said.

Polamalufan

He just don't get it, does he?  He makes Les Miles look like a rocket scientist.

RazrRila99

Quote from: luckyrazrbk on September 10, 2012, 02:00:09 pm
might be because we had a freshman playing and he dont know the offense well enough. im not sure really, if i was allen i would have changed alot of the plays to run plays, haha. just saying cause everyone knows thats what we should have been doing.

Thats fine and dandy, line up in a set and just go quick pitch, power dive, draw, sneak SOMETHING TO BURN SOME CLOCK.  Dont get me wrong, Im not knocking the players, just questioning.  They did what was called, cant fault them. 

RazrRila99

Quote from: Polamalufan on September 10, 2012, 02:02:33 pm
He just don't get it, does he?  He makes Les Miles look like a rocket scientist.

Thats a scientific rocket, thank you very much.

HawgFan70

If I were JLS I wouldn't take the get defensive against the fans stance. This is like a powder keg waiting to explode anyway. He should have taken the blame like a man would have done in fact he should have let PP tag along and took the blame together. Our players haven't gotten worse since last year they just haven't been coached. No blame goes to any players as far as I'm concerned.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

Calling All Hogs

Probably just as well that JLS didn't shake hands with the ULM coach. Being the clown that he is, JLS probably would have had a joy buzzer in his hand. 

pfrg999

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on September 10, 2012, 02:01:39 pm
The handshake deal is stupid.  So is losing the ULM.  He needs to slap himself and go coach those players. 
If that is So they abolish it, in High School, Pro Football , and all the Kid leagues, but until then, That's what is done, so It shows Sportsmanship..He was humiliated and ran off .. Period, He knows what it was and what it looks like.. That is why he gave some pathetic excuse and apologized!
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HogScoutMaster

He threw us under the bus like NUTT use to do with his playas
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

alohawg

Way to man up, coach. He should have been put to pasture before lunch today.  ::)
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Tejano Jawg

I can understand John L's "need to support the team/players" remark. But it has to stop there...he's got enough problems. He doesn't need to spend ANY time thinking about fans and critics.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

BroyledNutts

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 10, 2012, 01:47:57 pm
Yes I have.  Likely more involved than you.  Post-game handshakes are out-dated.  Pros might go find players they have relationships with from previous teams, but for the most part they just go about their business.  What is wrong with that?  High schools and all lower levels line up to touch hands bc its expected, not because they want to.  Crap, peewee footballers dont want to shake hands.

Pros don't need to because they're paid to be there...the tradition of shaking hands after the game establishes and reinforces respect and sportsmanship - and teaches kids, even college age kids, to be respectful of one another and not be arrogant and egotistical....something that's obviously no longer being taught.