Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We're going to have a SPECIAL season

Started by AFWarrior83, August 31, 2012, 07:48:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AFWarrior83

August 31, 2012, 07:48:52 am Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:51:24 am by AFWarrior83
I'm confident in saying that we WILL win a NC this year, even w/out BP! Knile Davis looks FAST and is running with a purpose...he's going to destroy some SEC D's. Finally, this years team is poised, talented, and ready for the biggest stage in CFB. This team took adversity and is using it as motivation. JLS isn't the long term solution, but he's the perfect fit for "NOW". We've got playmakers at every skill position, have a well coached D, solid special teams, and depth like we've never had previously.

Not trying to brag, but I've been accurate the past couple of years in guessing our final records. I said 8-4 when we went to the Music City Bowl, and 10-2 the past couple of years...dead-on predictions, except I thought we'd beat OSU. This season just feels different...special...something's in the air...there's a VIBE about us! I believe we'll lose 1 game this season (probably to LSU) but will still get to ATL and win our first SEC Championship.

My scenario: I can't see us going undefeated in the SEC, which is why I'm guessing we lose to LSU to end the season (like 31-28) and our hearts are broken like they somehow are every season. But, the positive side is that LSU will lose to Alabama and either Auburn/Flordia/USC. Bama will have lost to us, so we'll get the nod to represent the West.

1a) Arkansas (11-1, loss to LSU)
1b) Alabama (11-1, loss to Ark)
2) LSU (10-2, losses to Bama & one other SEC team)
then the rest...

The voters will keep Arkansas above BAMA because we will go to ATL and beat UGA. Plus the nation wants to see a new team play for the NC, people are tired of LSU and BAMA. We'll meet an undefeated USCal team in Miami, and win a shootout (like 41-38) and will remind everyone of the USC vs. TX game where Vince Young became a UT legend.  ::hornsdown:: It's going to be AWESOME!

Now drink the damn Kool-Aid and enjoy the ride!  :razorback:
Hogville member since 2005.

LRRandy

I agree that this will be a special season. There is top notch talent at several key positions. A Razorback football season means so much to our state. This defense, however is not going to be national championship caliber. Enjoy your kool aide. I am going to be proud of our team even when they fall short of all the unrealistic expectations like the one you present. 9-3 gets us back to the Cotton Bowl. We would rather spend our money in Texas instead of Little Rock anyway, right.
This is fun, isn't it.

razorsharptusk

It's like Knile said in his interview during the special last night.  In paraphrasing "I'm tired of talking about it, it's time to do it. Action speaks louder than words."

I like where the attitude of this team is right now. They sound focused and determined.

GO HOGS!!

Chief Mac

Quote from: LRRandy on August 31, 2012, 08:00:35 am
I agree that this will be a special season. There is top notch talent at several key positions. A Razorback football season means so much to our state. This defense, however is not going to be national championship caliber. Enjoy your kool aide. I am going to be proud of our team even when they fall short of all the unrealistic expectations like the one you present. 9-3 gets us back to the Cotton Bowl. We would rather spend our money in Texas instead of Little Rock anyway, right.

Defense doesn't have to be world beaters, just better than last year. This defense is going to better than you think
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

EastexHawg

I expect a good season.  That could be anything from 9-3 to 12-0.  It's all talk and guesswork until about 6:00 p.m. on September 15.

Johnny America

I have predicted every season accurately for the past 25 years. Every one. This year I predict we will not win a national title.
God is not real.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Johnny America on August 31, 2012, 09:40:35 am
I have predicted every season accurately for the past 25 years. Every one. This year I predict we will not win a national title.

W-L for this year?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Johnny America

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on August 31, 2012, 09:45:41 am
W-L for this year?

Easily a 17-18 win season  8)

My post was sarcasm when it comes to people saying they have picked the win totals in past seasons with alarming accuracy. I am hoping for a 10 win season though. Just do not see a nation title run in the making. I hope I am wrong though.
God is not real.

LRRandy

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on August 31, 2012, 09:35:45 am
Defense doesn't have to be world beaters, just better than last year. This defense is going to better than you think
I wonder about better than last year. They can be if some  of the new guys step up. Robert Thomas was the best athlete on the field last year until games started to be played. Hyperbole aside. We lost some valuable players. If someone does not step up I don't think we are better than last year on defense.
This is fun, isn't it.

Potosihog

I am hopeful as well.  I even noticed John L used that word a lot in the Confidential piece.  But please, I can't get rid of the image of hootie everytime I hear someone say "Special".
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Chief Mac

Quote from: LRRandy on August 31, 2012, 10:39:59 am
I wonder about better than last year. They can be if some  of the new guys step up. Robert Thomas was the best athlete on the field last year until games started to be played. Hyperbole aside. We lost some valuable players. If someone does not step up I don't think we are better than last year on defense.

Our DL should play up to their potential with the change in scheme. No more passive schemes, attack is the word of the day.

RollTideHog

Keep on dreaming hog friends, some day in about 10 years your dream may come true (LOL)

Gus can do it for Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: RollTideHog on August 31, 2012, 11:17:16 am

Do what?  Snap the ball directly to his $180,000 convict hired gun and let him run with it?

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Keep on dreaming hog friends, some day in about 10 years your dream may come true (LOL)

Don't you have a tree to go poison?

code red

I can't predict the future and won't attempt to but....the ceiling for this team is a NC and the basement is 8-4....anything in between is possible playing in the best division of the best conference in the US.  Beating Bama would make my year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Sept 15 can't come fast enough.....win or lose the Hogs will take a piece out of the Tide.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

threeNout

I love the optimism AFW, glad to know I'm not alone.

I see it as a perfect storm of events, that puts us on a 14 game winning streak.

By the 6th game "Who will be our next coach"? is going to be nothing but a whisper, to be worried about later, if at all.

The Kid

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on August 31, 2012, 10:54:08 am
Our DL should play up to their potential with the change in scheme. No more passive schemes, attack is the word of the day.

At long last: Release the Hogs of War!
Let's get the train back on the tracks.

Chief Mac

How about bringing something of substance to the conversation for once instead of trolling?

AFWarrior83

Quote from: Johnny America on August 31, 2012, 10:38:17 am
Easily a 17-18 win season  8)

My post was sarcasm when it comes to people saying they have picked the win totals in past seasons with alarming accuracy. I am hoping for a 10 win season though. Just do not see a nation title run in the making. I hope I am wrong though.

Hence, why I prefaced my original post by stating that I wasn't trying to brag about it. Look up my post history though if you doubt my claims. It's not a big deal, just sayin...

hogwildinhotsprings

I'm on the National Championship bandwagon.  We have every reason to be pumped.  We have LEADERS in every position that you could dream of.  I have all the faith in Tyler, Knile, and Tank.  Tyler came back for a reason.  That reason will be fulfilled in Miami.  Go Hogs :razorback:

bphi11ips

This is the best an Arkansas team has looked on paper in preseason in over 30 years.  So, yes, it looks like a special year.  With a little luck (i.e., no significant injuries to KEY players) a NC is a possibility.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

mhuff

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 31, 2012, 12:25:51 pm
This is the best an Arkansas team has looked on paper in preseason in over 30 years.  So, yes, it looks like a special year.  With a little luck (i.e., no significant injuries to KEY players) a NC is a possibility.

rickm1976

Please don't use the word "special" in any sentence on this board.

razorjacket43

We lost two games last year without the threat of a sufficient running attack. This year we not only can run the ball we can run over defenses. we have never really had a complete pass and run offense. You may stop one but you cant stop both!!!! GO :razorback:
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

ronmahony

I believe we are going to have one hell of a year. Every thing just feels right. After the Cotton Bowl last year, I feel like our D is going to be a lot better, know our O is gonna be good, Can't wait.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Mrcoolhog55

I will root, and support our Hogs no matter what. IT takes a lot of things to go right for a NC; 1. EXECUTION, PLAY-CALLING, 2. LACK OF KEY INJURIES, 3.BREAKS-LUCK, AND OTHER THINGS. Look nobody knows what the Hog's record will be at the end of the year, and if someone gets lucky by picking the right record, then it is a lucky guess. Nothing wrong with predicting 12-0 to 8-4, but I think the reason some of our fans pick a low record is because of recent failure in year's past. Thus not getting their hopes up, and then be let down with disappointment. I guess we will have to take one game at a time. I know I will be at 3 games this year rooting for my Hogs. Hope to see you at the games.?? Go Hogs Go....Oh, and one last thing- I liked what Knile said-Action speaks louder than words. Let the Hogs do it on the field, and that will shut the National media up.... Also I hope the Hogs can put the other teams out of the game early by jumping to big leads, and puttting them away early. Do not the underdog stay in the game thus giving them any momentum during the game..... Go Hogs Go....

AFWarrior83

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on August 31, 2012, 02:45:22 pm
I will root, and support our Hogs no matter what. IT takes a lot of things to go right for a NC; 1. EXECUTION, PLAY-CALLING, 2. LACK OF KEY INJURIES, 3.BREAKS-LUCK, AND OTHER THINGS. Look nobody knows what the Hog's record will be at the end of the year, and if someone gets lucky by picking the right record, then it is a lucky guess. Nothing wrong with predicting 12-0 to 8-4, but I think the reason some of our fans pick a low record is because of recent failure in year's past. Thus not getting their hopes up, and then be let down with disappointment. I guess we will have to take one game at a time. I know I will be at 3 games this year rooting for my Hogs. Hope to see you at the games.?? Go Hogs Go....Oh, and one last thing- I liked what Knile said-Action speaks louder than words. Let the Hogs do it on the field, and that will shut the National media up.... Also I hope the Hogs can put the other teams out of the game early by jumping to big leads, and puttting them away early. Do not the underdog stay in the game thus giving them any momentum during the game..... Go Hogs Go....

I concur 100%. I've been hesitent in the past to say we're ready to win the SEC, but I think it's time. People were talking about this when BP was still CBP, but have doubts b/c of JLS. I have my reservations as well, but the system hasn't changed, and the team is senior laden with true leaders like Wilson, Small, Davis, Wright, etc.

hawg_heaven

This year does feel different. We have every opportunity to win the NC. I believe our defense is going to be leaps and bounds better than the last few years. I also believe our offense is going to be more balanced than it has ever been. We will have Knile back and our receiver corps isn't as potent as it has been. Balance is a good thing.

However, I don't believe we get in with one loss. A Big 12 team could easily go undefeated (Oklahoma or West Virginia). Florida State could go undefeated with their schedule. USC west could go undefeated. If there are two undefeated teams, they would not pass one over for a one loss SEC team, not after the SEC has won every NC the last 6 years. The best way to keep them from winning another one is to keep them out of the game. Unfortunately, I can see that being the controversy this year.  :puke:

superior_wang

870hogfan

AFWarrior83

superior_wang

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 31, 2012, 03:05:21 pm

Like they get it right every time...

seems the city was built on over enthusiastic gamblers.....such as people who KNOW the hogs have the NC in the bag. I got 8 bucks says we dont make the sec championship game.

superior_wang

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on August 31, 2012, 03:07:18 pm
Good thing I don't gamble. :)

yeah, i have my vices...(women).... couldnt afford to throw in gambling and alcohol. Good luck HOGS!

Hog N Bama

At lunch today I was amongst 3 Bama fans.. I overheard one say Arkansas was going to be a tough game....Bama fans here are not their usual cocky, overconfident, obnoxious selves they usually are.  ;D:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Jamie Jones

Quote from: NolanForAD on August 31, 2012, 12:03:11 pm
... or an LSU fan to teabag?

... or a son to shoot?
or a cousin to marry?

or another fictional NC to claim?

I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Johnny America

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 31, 2012, 03:05:21 pm

Like they get it right every time...

They do get it right more times than not. That is why they are the ones with all the money.
God is not real.

redeye

superior_wang

and thank u for explaining how Vegas works kimosabe...

that aside, they are not predicting the hogs to win the NC. They are picking  the hogs at 40 / 1 .

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/futures/

5 , thats right count em, 5 SEC teams ahead of us, and we are tied with the Gators.

a very good year is a possibility....a NC year is quite unlikely....so back to the OP. A "special" season.... if special means bcs , maybe. BTW , "special " is a nuttism.

LRRandy

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on August 31, 2012, 07:48:52 am
I'm confident in saying that we WILL win a NC this year, even w/out BP! Knile Davis looks FAST and is running with a purpose...he's going to destroy some SEC D's. Finally, this years team is poised, talented, and ready for the biggest stage in CFB. This team took adversity and is using it as motivation. JLS isn't the long term solution, but he's the perfect fit for "NOW". We've got playmakers at every skill position, have a well coached D, solid special teams, and depth like we've never had previously.
U
Not trying to brag, but I've been accurate the past couple of years in guessing our final records. I said 8-4 when we went to the Music City Bowl, and 10-2 the past couple of years...dead-on predictions, except I thought we'd beat OSU. This season just feels different...special...something's in the air...there's a VIBE about us! I believe we'll lose 1 game this season (probably to LSU) but will still get to ATL and win our first SEC Championship.

My scenario: I can't see us going undefeated in the SEC, which is why I'm guessing we lose to LSU to end the season (like 31-28) and our hearts are broken like they somehow are every season. But, the positive side is that LSU will lose to Alabama and either Auburn/Flordia/USC. Bama will have lost to us, so we'll get the nod to represent the West.

then the rest...

The voters will keep Arkansas above BAMA because we will go to ATL and beat UGA. Plus the nation wants to see a new team play for the NC, people are tired of LSU and BAMA. We'll meet an undefeated USCal team in Miami, and win a shootout (like 41-38) and will remind everyone of the USC vs. TX game where Vince Young became a UT legend.  ::hornsdown:: It's going to be AWESOME!

are you confident now?
This is fun, isn't it.

Johnny America

God is not real.

ldfergu

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on August 31, 2012, 07:48:52 am

then the rest...

Why hasn't this thread made its way to the trash can yet?  I've been tossed in there for better/

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Chief Mac

you two (Alohawg and LRRANDY) feel good about rubbing it in? 

LRRandy

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on September 16, 2012, 07:27:02 pm
you two (Alohawg and LRRANDY) feel good about rubbing it in?
This was a representative of many posts by arrogant "experts" that was no more than wishful thinking. The tone of such implied anyone that believed in less than a national championship was not a fan. I reposted to show just how nonsensical these posts where. It was the same thing leading up to the sugar bowl against Ohio State.  These posters have every right to post delusions of grandure based on loving thier hogs. I have every right to post to point out the idiocy of said posts.
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: NolanForAD on August 31, 2012, 01:04:23 pm
This team is going to be a BEAST.  I can't believe so many people here can't see it.  They will after we smoke Alabama.
Still can't see it. I guess the rain held down the smoke.
This is fun, isn't it.

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: NolanForAD on August 31, 2012, 01:04:23 pm
This team is going to be a BEAST.  I can't believe so many people here can't see it.  They will after we smoke Alabama.

Uh huh.  Don't quit your day job dude.  And stop believing the sunshine pumpers.  They couldn't care less if we win games or not as long as we can claim that
Integrity thingy.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

Hogtimes

I think it is strange that some people think that if you don't believe that your team is going to beat everybody you play.....you are not a good fan.

Johnny America

God is not real.