Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrino accident 911 call

Started by Lanny, April 06, 2012, 04:26:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigsooie1000

Quote from: Anon2 on April 06, 2012, 08:44:09 pm
The curve that was mentioned earlier was to their back.  They had just come around the curve.  I saw it in an earlier picture that someone posted with two other bikers rounding that curve.
Could she have been on a bike by herself?  Probably not or it would have been in the area.

not true, look at how the bike went off the road. it's pretty much impossible to make that track if they were just coming around that curve, it makes sense if they had not reached the curve yet. it could be nothing but it seems strange why Petrino would lie on such a small detail

Anon2

I'm not an expert like you on how bikes go off the road but there was a curve they had just come around.

songofthesword

the biggest issue I have with this is that he tried to get the police to lie for him.

that just doesn't sit well with me. i'm not saying i can't get over it, but it doesn't sit well with me. at some point the gig is just up.  getting in a wreck with your mistress is pretty much last call.

pigsooie1000

Quote from: Anon2 on April 06, 2012, 08:59:02 pm
I'm not an expert like you on how bikes go off the road but there was a curve they had just come around.

they had not reached it yet. you don't need to be an expert to figure that out. look at how the bike went off the road, and which way it is pointed. it's almost impossible for it to have already come around the curve, spin around that much and run off the road at that sharp an angle in what looks like 30-40 yards or less. heck, don't take my word take Lanny's and WilsonHog they are respected, established posters. I'm not stirring anything up here just stating what the pics show

nwahogs

Quote from: songofthesword on April 06, 2012, 09:19:29 pm
the biggest issue I have with this is that he tried to get the police to lie for him.

that just doesn't sit well with me. i'm not saying i can't get over it, but it doesn't sit well with me. at some point the gig is just up.  getting in a wreck with your mistress is pretty much last call.

Where was this. I never saw anything on that.

swinesation

Yeah, it's probably rare for a public official/ celebrity to have the trooper who serves as his security cover his butt for him.  ::)

songofthesword

Quote from: swinesation on April 06, 2012, 09:43:07 pm
Yeah, it's probably rare for a public official/ celebrity to have the trooper who serves as his security cover his butt for him.  ::)
i did not say it was illegal.  i just said it did not sit well with me. that's how i personally feel about it. i don't like it.

at that point i think you just need to face the music.

Anon2

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on April 06, 2012, 09:19:50 pm
they had not reached it yet. you don't need to be an expert to figure that out. look at how the bike went off the road, and which way it is pointed. it's almost impossible for it to have already come around the curve, spin around that much and run off the road at that sharp an angle in what looks like 30-40 yards or less. heck, don't take my word take Lanny's and WilsonHog they are respected, established posters. I'm not stirring anything up here just stating what the pics show

Roads can have more than one curve.  That's all I'm going to say because I know what I'm talking about.

nwa_razorback_coffee

Quote from: 1873Hawg on April 06, 2012, 05:40:20 pm
Sounds like Larry needs a swift kick in the nutts...

First, I know 911 Larry that some here are blaming and he is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. He gives of his time and serves his community. He coaches youth sports and, having played against his teams, he is one of the most gracious opponents and always had his teams prepared.

Second, he also happens to be one of the most well known and liked men in the county in which he resides. If you plan on kicking him in the butt, or any of the other things that have been said about him here, you'd better have your own affairs in order. He does exercise his 2nd Amendment rights to the fullest.

Hoggish1

April 06, 2012, 10:02:26 pm #59 Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:09:54 pm by Hoggish1
Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 06, 2012, 06:02:45 pm
Didn't BP already admit in his most recent statement he was trying to conceal the fact he had Dorrell with him, due to the previous inappropriate relationship?

Explain what you think the words previous inappropriate relationship mean.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Hoggish1 on April 06, 2012, 10:02:26 pm
Explain what you think the words previous inappropriate relationship means.

Current relationship until, say, about 6:45 Sunday evening.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on April 06, 2012, 08:46:35 pm
not true, look at how the bike went off the road. it's pretty much impossible to make that track if they were just coming around that curve, it makes sense if they had not reached the curve yet. it could be nothing but it seems strange why Petrino would lie on such a small detail

Also the police report said he wrecked on a straight stretch of highway.

tiderback

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 06, 2012, 04:51:34 pm
I have wondered about that myself. His story doesn't coincide with the physical evidence, either the pictures or the police report. Why tell an untruth about such a small detail?
I also heard that the two individuals that took him to meet up with king stated at first that they took only Petrino in the car.  But when confronted with the truth they declined further comment. This is the kind of stuff that just keeps stacking up. This sucks.

Wild Bill Hog

Good grief.  Unless he knew ahead of time he was going to wreck his bike he probably wasn't paying all that much attention to the exact patch of road he was on.

Blue35

Quote from: nwa_razorback_coffee on April 06, 2012, 09:57:58 pm
If you plan on kicking him in the butt, or any of the other things that have been said about him here, you'd better have your own affairs in order. He does exercise his 2nd Amendment rights to the fullest.
Don't mess with Larry.

WichitaStateRazorback

larry is obviously a nutt hugger

Feralhog

Quote from: ur on April 06, 2012, 06:25:29 pm
I am afraid that BP and the trooper told the family to not mention Dorrell. The family later had to tell the truth due to different state troopers filing a report. If this is true, he is toast.
There isn't one speck of evidence to support this kind of wreck less speculation.  Just because something pops in your head doesn't mean it should be posted.   
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

lechon

Maybe they wrecked the bike on a "nature ride"(off road out of sight, small patch of land, for private fun) then tried to ride back to town but Petrino was having difficulty driving due to the blood in his face.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Ugly Uncle

The 911 call doesn't give us any new information.
Retired Radio Host

Jerinark

Quote from: NurseHog on April 06, 2012, 06:06:26 pm
Indeed.  A person does not walk out of a motorcycle accident with no injuries whatsoever!  Something is awry with the whole story.  No one's story matches up with another, and a few stories are changing every few hours.  I'm certainly interested to see what Jeff Long discovers.

Arkansas athletics should air a reality show/soap opera about the real life events that happen every stinking offseason.

Yes they do. In about 1978 a friend & I were riding our motorcycles coming out of Hope Arkansas, turned on to the rural highway towards Columbus, Arkansas. Shortly after turning we both kept on the throttle not letting off. As we went into a wide right turn going about 98 MPH we met a 1965 Mustang going even faster than us. His front left tire was across the double yellow line.

I hit the shoulder of the road giving my friend some room so that he would not meet the Mustang head on. The road has been pea graveled earlier and it was a mixture of pea gravel & grass right off the side of the road. I thought about trying to get back to the highway but I feared the pea gravel, thus hoping to ride in out.

The ditch was wide, but sloping, the grass was about waist high, but I did not see the hole. But my front wheel found the hole, & my motorcycle began going end over end while I was doing the same thing & every time I made a flip I would see my motorcycle flipping end over end behind me & it looked as if it was going to hit me.

I thought I was a goner, but so did my friend. my friend turned & come back, the Mustang kept the hammer down.

My motorcycle finally landed right behind me, & I was setting up in front of it. The 1st thing I did was reached the kill switch on the handle bar, for it was still running.

When my friend found out I was OK, he asked me, do you know how fast we were going, I said the last time I looked I was setting on 98 MPH, he stated he was running 105 when we met the Mustang.

The hole that my front wheel hit was over 75 yards from where I went off the highway,  it looked something like a stump hole, my motorcycle was 200 yards from where it started going end over end.

I got on small puncture on my right thigh, & it barely broke the skin. My motorcycle had one broken turn stalk, & the headlight busted out. I rode my motorcycle home.

I knew I was very fortunate, if a road sign had been in my path, & if it was not a wide slowly sloping ditch, I would not have been so fortunate. Plus I did have on a helmet.

I also recall the 1st BMW I ever saw, it was between the 18 mile marker on 1-30 & Texarkana. I was back behind it quite a ways on my motorcycle & I saw it leave the interstate.

I was the 1st one there, it was a husband & wife from a northern state. he had a broke leg, & arm. His wife was not injured. I stayed there until they left in an ambulance.

But the truth is, sometimes a person can walk away from a motorcycle wreck without an injury, or only a very minor injury, yet it does not happen often. Not having an injury does not prove she was not on the motorcycle.

Jerinark

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on April 06, 2012, 07:50:59 pm
this Larry guy did nothing wrong. hopefully he gets no grief from anyone. If I had just gotten in a wreck and was bleeding heavily I would personally thank anyone who called 911 for me, even if I had already made contact and was on my way. If there is ever any doubt in those situations you want to fall on the safe side. I strongly doubt he had any clue his call was about to expose an affair/attempted cover up from Bobby Petrino

So true, he had not the hindsight those that are brow beating on him that seems to would love to do even more to him, besides, it was the right thing to do.

buldozer

Quote from: NurseHog on April 06, 2012, 06:06:26 pm
Indeed.  A person does not walk out of a motorcycle accident with no injuries whatsoever!  [/i].

Common misconception. I have had the misfortune to be in 4 what I would characterize as serious motorcycle accidents over 40 years of riding. In 3 of the accidents I received nothing at all in the way of injuries! I was sore the next day and could hardly walk but was fine in a few days. But a couple years ago with my wife on the back of my 2008 Softail I took a curve a little fast on a road I had never been on before and got off into the loose gravel on the edge and basically did what CBP did. Laid it on the left side on grass at about 40-50 mph. At the last few feet before stopping it dug in and flipped us both off. I had a half dozen broken ribs and my wife didn't have a scratch!

buldozer

Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on April 06, 2012, 11:06:49 pm
larry is obviously a nutt hugger
Larry Hendren is a busy body that stuck his nose in when he was asked to keep it to him self....so in that respect he deserves whatever grief he gets IMO .....and make no mistake about it, he is going to get plenty of grief because there are lots of fans that are going to lay the blame at his feet for this entire thing coming to light. I personally know no one is to blame for all of this except CBP and Jessica Dorrell, and even though I don't know Larry Hendren and I don't care for what he did, I am not going to give him any grief.

Anon2

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on April 06, 2012, 10:06:15 pm
Also the police report said he wrecked on a straight stretch of highway.

On the initial hand written report by Trooper Arnold, here is what CBP said "Because of sun and wind I could not maneuver the turn.  Drove off the road".  What turn was he talking about?  If not a curve, then I give.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Anon2 on April 07, 2012, 09:56:25 am
On the initial hand written report by Trooper Arnold, here is what CBP said "Because of sun and wind I could not maneuver the turn.  Drove off the road".  What turn was he talking about?  If not a curve, then I give.

The haters just keep on hatin'.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: duvallfallshog on April 06, 2012, 07:23:35 pm
Yep. The assumption has been that she was sitting behind Coach P on the bike. This is just a theory but the reason she didn't get hurt is that she was in front of him wearing a helmet and he is on the back helping her drive and when the wreck happens he goes flying off the bike.

I've been asking how she comes away without a scratch. No visit to the hospital, although BP looks like hell, with broken ribs and a crack bone in his neck..
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Jerinark on April 07, 2012, 12:48:26 am
Yes they do. In about 1978 a friend & I were riding our motorcycles coming out of Hope Arkansas, turned on to the rural highway towards Columbus, Arkansas. Shortly after turning we both kept on the throttle not letting off. As we went into a wide right turn going about 98 MPH we met a 1965 Mustang going even faster than us. His front left tire was across the double yellow line.

I hit the shoulder of the road giving my friend some room so that he would not meet the Mustang head on. The road has been pea graveled earlier and it was a mixture of pea gravel & grass right off the side of the road. I thought about trying to get back to the highway but I feared the pea gravel, thus hoping to ride in out.

The ditch was wide, but sloping, the grass was about waist high, but I did not see the hole. But my front wheel found the hole, & my motorcycle began going end over end while I was doing the same thing & every time I made a flip I would see my motorcycle flipping end over end behind me & it looked as if it was going to hit me.

I thought I was a goner, but so did my friend. my friend turned & come back, the Mustang kept the hammer down.

My motorcycle finally landed right behind me, & I was setting up in front of it. The 1st thing I did was reached the kill switch on the handle bar, for it was still running.

When my friend found out I was OK, he asked me, do you know how fast we were going, I said the last time I looked I was setting on 98 MPH, he stated he was running 105 when we met the Mustang.

The hole that my front wheel hit was over 75 yards from where I went off the highway,  it looked something like a stump hole, my motorcycle was 200 yards from where it started going end over end.

I got on small puncture on my right thigh, & it barely broke the skin. My motorcycle had one broken turn stalk, & the headlight busted out. I rode my motorcycle home.

I knew I was very fortunate, if a road sign had been in my path, & if it was not a wide slowly sloping ditch, I would not have been so fortunate. Plus I did have on a helmet.

I also recall the 1st BMW I ever saw, it was between the 18 mile marker on 1-30 & Texarkana. I was back behind it quite a ways on my motorcycle & I saw it leave the interstate.

I was the 1st one there, it was a husband & wife from a northern state. he had a broke leg, & arm. His wife was not injured. I stayed there until they left in an ambulance.

But the truth is, sometimes a person can walk away from a motorcycle wreck without an injury, or only a very minor injury, yet it does not happen often. Not having an injury does not prove she was not on the motorcycle.

Remarkable , but thanks for the personal insight.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

LZH

April 07, 2012, 01:15:25 pm #77 Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:18:54 pm by LedZepHog
Quote from: nwa_razorback_coffee on April 06, 2012, 09:57:58 pm
First, I know 911 Larry that some here are blaming and he is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. He gives of his time and serves his community. He coaches youth sports and, having played against his teams, he is one of the most gracious opponents and always had his teams prepared.

Second, he also happens to be one of the most well known and liked men in the county in which he resides. If you plan on kicking him in the butt, or any of the other things that have been said about him here, you'd better have your own affairs in order. He does exercise his 2nd Amendment rights to the fullest.

He also is likely to be close personal friends with Frank Broyles...one with a little axe to grind.  In the 911 audio I immediately knew he was a pilot because he used FAA call letters to describe the license plate, had no idea he was an old judge.  In any event, he sounded a little haughty and smirk when relaying who the bike belonged to.

I can't believe in this time and day that a high-profile coach and his AD would have any personal secrets that could undermine the whole athletic dept.  BP should have immediately been on the phone to Long after the crash (no matter if he was in a meeting or not) and told him the situation and started a plan on how to work this thing out (spin, if you will).  Surely Long had vetted BP when he was hired (between us girls, have you had any affairs, drinking/drug history, tax cheating, anything?).

BP will survive this, but he's gonna have to work damn hard to atone for his 'lack of clarity' in climbing his way out of this hole he has dug.

BTW  -  BP edited Forever!

intoxhog

April 07, 2012, 04:02:02 pm #78 Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:05:42 pm by intoxhog
Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 06, 2012, 11:35:29 pm
The 911 call doesn't give us any new information.
Hell yes it does! It least too me... I cant get over the fact that the lying sack of **** told the people that picked him up that the 25 year old blond was his wife...

It's like watching a boxer knocked the hell out on his feet.... his first instinct  was too lie!

Maybe these reporters that hate his *** so much aren't lying. Maybe they have seen behavior at bars, ect that we haven't.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: intoxhog on April 07, 2012, 04:02:02 pm
Hell yes it does! It least too me... I cant get over the fact that the lying sack of **** told the people that picked him up that the 25 year old blond was his wife...

It's like watching a boxer knocked the hell out on his feet.... his first instinct  was too lie!

Maybe these reporters that hate his *** so much aren't lying. Maybe they have seen behavior at bars, ect that we haven't.

Wait, what?  When in the 911 call did that come out.  I'll listen again, but I don't remember JD being referred to as the wife.
Retired Radio Host

intoxhog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 07, 2012, 04:14:42 pm
Wait, what?  When in the 911 call did that come out.  I'll listen again, but I don't remember JD being referred to as the wife.
listen again!
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: intoxhog on April 07, 2012, 04:16:17 pm
listen again!

Just did.  Not there.  They found the registration to the motorcycle that had who the owners were that registered it.
Retired Radio Host

intoxhog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 07, 2012, 04:20:14 pm
Just did.  Not there.  They found the registration to the motorcycle that had who the owners were that registered it.
BS Ched, the caller said "Robert and Rebecca P is the name we found on the cite" were is the glove box on a hog??? AYSM?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: intoxhog on April 07, 2012, 04:37:17 pm
BS Ched, the caller said "Robert and Rebecca P is the name we found on the cite" were is the glove box on a hog??? AYSM?

In the picture there were saddle bags, and I also think he said that they are finding that at the motorcycle.
Retired Radio Host

intoxhog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 07, 2012, 04:41:08 pm
In the picture there were saddle bags, and I also think he said that they are finding that at the motorcycle.
Ok.. well go with that.

AuburnHog

Quote from: intoxhog on April 07, 2012, 04:52:50 pm
Ok.. well go with that.

Yes he was telling the 911 officer what names were on the bike's registration.  He said Robert and Rebecca Petrino.  I doubt Petrino introduced the 6 foot blonde as Rebecca Petrino as he's telling Larry not to call 911.  Is that what you're talking about or am I confused? 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: intoxhog on April 07, 2012, 04:52:50 pm
Ok.. well go with that.

So, are you going to go back and retract your accusation that BP was lying and representing JD as his wife, or not?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Feralhog

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Feralhog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 07, 2012, 06:25:14 pm
So, are you going to go back and retract your accusation that BP was lying and representing JD as his wife, or not?

what do you think? 

3 Guesses

HawgTide

Is intoxhog too drunk to admit he was wrong?

Porkerpower

Bet Louisville basketball fans are glad you didn't get a vote on Petino.

kodiakisland

Quote from: intoxhog on April 07, 2012, 04:02:02 pm

I've certainly read a lot of dumb stuff over the last few days, but this has to be right up there at the top.  Not one person has ever even hinted that Bobby told those people the girl was his wife.  How some drunk idiot gets that I'll never know, but it does explain why some jury trials turn out the way they do. 
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Iwastherein1969

I say we use the FOI act to find out who this Larry the Whiskey Flask guy is and where he lives and make his life a living hell....j/k, Feral
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on April 07, 2012, 10:40:34 pm
I say we use the FOI act to find out who this Larry the Whiskey Flask guy is and where he lives and make his life a living hell....j/k, Feral

I say we use the FOI act to find out who this Intoxhog guy is and where he lives and make his life a living hell....
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

damianforheisman

I haven't logged on this board in several years but I couldn't stand it anymore.  To all you posters that are bashing Larry the 911 caller, or even hinting that he should be blamed for any of this.... grow the f*** up.  You should be banned from posting.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

IronHog

Quote from: damianforheisman on April 07, 2012, 11:50:09 pm
I haven't logged on this board in several years but I couldn't stand it anymore.  To all you posters that are bashing Larry the 911 caller, or even hinting that he should be blamed for any of this.... grow the f*** up.  You should be banned from posting.

No pretty sure Larry is right up there with BP on greatest Hog football mess ups of the past two weeks..........

Let's review:

So far Larry and his mobile phone has:

1. Made a young lady nationally famous

2.  Got BP edited suspended

3.  A trooper answering questions that a trooper should never be force to answer

4.  Made a guy from Ozark try to fix all the stupid.

5.  Made Jeff Long cry.

All Larry had to do was rubber neck like any normal guy and we'd all be ignorantly blissful like we should be on Easter Weekend..........

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

1873Hawg

Quote from: IronHog on April 08, 2012, 12:24:23 am
No pretty sure Larry is right up there with BP on greatest Hog football mess ups of the past two weeks..........

Let's review:

So far Larry and his mobile phone has:

1. Made a young lady nationally famous

2.  Got BP edited suspended

3.  A trooper answering questions that a trooper should never be force to answer

4.  Made a guy from Ozark try to fix all the stupid.

5.  Made Jeff Long cry.

All Larry had to do was rubber neck like any normal guy and we'd all be ignorantly blissful like we should be on Easter Weekend..........

Dang, Ironhog... will you stop it. Second +1 in 24 hours... you are killing my extreme dislike for you.

We need to start a GSD thread or something! ;)
"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." - Dennis Wholey

IronHog

Who would sell a cell phone to a man named Larry from Smackover anyway?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

1873Hawg

Quote from: IronHog on April 08, 2012, 12:27:40 am

Who would sell a cell phone to a man named Larry from Smackover anyway?

The only one that would work in Smackover is a...
"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." - Dennis Wholey