Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does playing Arkansas hurt KSU's image?

Started by popcornhog, December 05, 2011, 12:46:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=17202.0

A few gems:

Just wondering what you guys think about playing Arkansas.  I don't know anything about them but I think they're considered "small time" as it relates to the college football world. 

I am worried that people will associate them when they think about KSU football and I'd hate to hurt our national brand/image.  We have the second most recognizable program behind Notre Dame and I don't want to tarnish it. 

---

CartierFor3
Katpak'r

These boots are made for staying home.

Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 09:50:39 PM »

Is Arkansas like the Texas Tech of the SEC? 

---

rick daris
Global Moderator
Pak'r Élitaire

Re: does playing Arkansas hurt the image of our program
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »

it's a bowl game. we didn't schedule it and don't have a choice in the matter. i think most people know that and aren't going to hold it against us or whatever.

WPS

BenDial

Clearly sarcasm. I think they're extremely excited they didn't get 7-5 Auburn.

BroyledNutts

I think the final score definitely will....

BaconHits

Having a link to that much stupidity should not be allowed. :(

USAF Hog

Whew! Man, my sides are hurting from laughing so hard!

Looking at Oklahoma and Okie State dropping 50+ points each on K St, I can see we are going to feast heavily on their defense.

So, yeah, it will hurt your image!

HogbyBirth

Definitely the final score with expose their image.

kingofdequeen

"104th ranked pass defense, and you get to deal w/ Bobby Petrino." - Rece Davis

Tusks

Don't you have to have an image to hurt one.....I didn't know they had an image.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Jimmy

That's the worst, most ignorant, prejudiced,  message board thread I've ever read.  I am embarrassed for Kansas State.

johnny cash

Quote from: Jimmy on December 05, 2011, 08:22:16 am
That's the worst, most ignorant, prejudiced,  message board thread I've ever read.  I am embarrassed for Kansas State.
well said they are classless idiots on that board, but they have good fans that hate that board.

Hog Waller

From reading the vile on the goEMAW site, you wonder if it is sponsored by the idiots at the Westboro Baptist Church.

Razorfox

Guys, it's obviously a joke.  Come on. 

501razorback

someone was bragging about almost scoring 60 on a 2-10 kansas..

Hawginthecovers

Strange board.  Either they're a bunch of immature punks, on crack or meth, or are seriously joking around sarcastically due to their knowledge of what playing the third best team in the SEC might mean.

Hornkiller

The sword cuts both ways. Wouldn't we rather be playing a "name" team like Nebraska or Michigan? Not a team who except for the two Snyder eras is the model of futility in college football. Everyone here only wanted two Big XII teams, Oklahoma or Texas.

Pig In The City

Quote from: nutted on December 05, 2011, 08:00:06 am
Don't you have to have an image to hurt one.....I didn't know they had an image.

good one... :razorback:

Hogz87

After reading through the several threads dedicated to the game and Arkansas, I'm almost 100% convinced it is nothing more than a message board of nothing but sarcastic trollish posts.  I honestly think almost every post is made tongue-in-cheek.

TheRealRazorback

they are some trash talking fools, that's for sure!

Blue35

OneTuskOverTheLine™

KState fans are pretty funny, but the idiots we have posting on their boards are almost prooving the jokes to be true...

Quotebobbymfpetrino
DGB, a good friend of mine just called and said have fun with K-state, I can't wait to play with y'all next year. 

Y'alls program is a joke, your recruiting is pathetic, and your coach is an idiot.  We will run, pass, and return kicks all over you.  Other than Blackmon, you haven't seen any receivers that are half as good as our backups.

They need to install the mercy rule in bowl games than involve top-tier and bottom-tier teams.

But HEY!, Darren Sproyles sure is great!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

RaiderBack

popcornhog

I've read through the site a little more and fwiw I think the whole board is just a sarcastic jest. It's nothing to get upset about.
WPS

Hogz87

Quote from: popcornhog on December 05, 2011, 10:48:56 am
I've read through the site a little more and fwiw I think the whole board is just a sarcastic jest. It's nothing to get upset about.

Yet, we have so many people failing to grasp this.

Hog Fan...DOH!

I think our fan base needs to lay off message boards for a day and regroup.

popcornhog

Quote from: Hogz87 on December 05, 2011, 11:02:43 am
Yet, we have so many people failing to grasp this.

It is odd though, an entire KSU football board dedicated to just trying to get people upset. I'm not sure I totally understand it, but there are zero serious posts over there.

It's embarrassing seeing Arkansas fans get sucked in though. You're starting to see things from hog fans like "no, we're gonna kick your asses you little rednecks." it's a mess.
WPS

Hogz87

Quote from: popcornhog on December 05, 2011, 11:10:55 am
It is odd though, an entire KSU football board dedicated to just trying to get people upset. I'm not sure I totally understand it, but there are zero serious posts over there.

It's embarrassing seeing Arkansas fans get sucked in though. You're starting to see things from hog fans like "no, we're gonna kick your asses you little rednecks." it's a mess.

Yeah, it took me a little bit to understand.  I mean, I've never seen an entire sports message board dedicated to sarcastic posts.  Like you said, I haven't seen a single serious and logical post, yet. 

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Hogz87 on December 05, 2011, 11:14:01 am
Yeah, it took me a little bit to understand.  I mean, I've never seen an entire sports message board dedicated to sarcastic posts.  Like you said, I haven't seen a single serious and logical post, yet. 

i just quit reading.  so much fail from both site-regulars and visiting hog fans.  just smh and go troll tigerdroppings, i guess.

Berno

marc the hog fan

Don't take this too seriously.

popcornhog

Quote from: Hogz87 on December 05, 2011, 11:14:01 am

Surely they have a good board somewhere. I mean, at least that one is very active. I don't even want to post, just read up. I like getting perspective on why they legitimately think they can win and what their concerns are.
WPS

Hogz87

Quote from: popcornhog on December 05, 2011, 11:20:48 am
Surely they have a good board somewhere. I mean, at least that one is very active. I don't even want to post, just read up. I like getting perspective on why they legitimately think they can win and what their concerns are.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=173&f=2670

That's their Scout board.  It's much better and more civil.

Hogz87

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 05, 2011, 11:17:07 am
i just quit reading.  so much fail from both site-regulars and visiting hog fans.  just smh and go troll tigerdroppings, i guess.

Surely the fans we currently have posting over there will realize they are fighting a losing battle, and nothing the K-State fans is serious.

popcornhog

WPS

CollegeHog

Didn't the Sugar Bowl pass over them because they couldn't sell enough tickets? LMAO at the ignorance of those posts. If my team was ranked 108th in pass defense, I'd be kind of worried to play one of the best passing attacks in the nation.
-Dr. Mantis Tobaggan, MD

popcornhog

Quote from: CollegeHog on December 05, 2011, 11:54:42 am
Didn't the Sugar Bowl pass over them because they couldn't sell enough tickets? LMAO at the ignorance of those posts. If my team was ranked 108th in pass defense, I'd be kind of worried to play one of the best passing attacks in the nation.

Read through this thread for clarification. As it turns out, that website is just satire. Its only purpose is to piss people off, it's not even about football.
WPS

mhuff

Hey, I have a lot of respect for K State. They use to be the doormat in their conferece and made a resurgence in the last ten years or so. I think their board was just mainly sarcasm. I look forward to drumming them and then raiding their recruit list in future years ;)

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

and that is one deliriously happy band of kitties....
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

josh_sec33

I think the real question we need to be asking is will playing K-State hurt Arkansas's image?
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

HogIT

"Trolling 101 is being taught today at @goEMAW, with boatloads of #Arkansas #Razorbacks fans serving as dupes/students. #WPS"
Follow Hogtrough on twitter: @hogtrough

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Hogz87 on December 05, 2011, 11:25:26 am
Surely the fans we currently have posting over there will realize they are fighting a losing battle, and nothing the K-State fans is serious.

you have far too much faith in humanity.

Jimmy

If it is sarcasm only, they should leave race out of it. 

hoghappy

I have K-State relatives. They like to pronounce Arkansas, Les Miles style. They are harmless for the most part, and  it's going to make for a fun new years for us. That's when we do Christmas with that side of the family. I may even take my uncle to the bowl game. He's a KSU alum and I know he would enjoy the game.

pigmailyen

...but there IS a downside...

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: BaconHits on December 05, 2011, 01:08:44 am
Having a link to that much stupidity should not be allowed. :(

+1

it is a HOOT, and I am not speaking of Hootie.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Jimmy on December 05, 2011, 01:57:42 pm
If it is sarcasm only, they should leave race out of it. 

meh.  i'm taking the filters off and wading in. 

hopefully i won't bring that style back to hogville to get teh bant again.  happens when i'm active on TD.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: Hogz87 on December 05, 2011, 09:35:45 am
After reading through the several threads dedicated to the game and Arkansas, I'm almost 100% convinced it is nothing more than a message board of nothing but sarcastic trollish posts.  I honestly think almost every post is made tongue-in-cheek.

You havent found the Tribute thread for Garrett yet...

throwitdeep14

Quote from: DewUar88 on December 05, 2011, 02:37:44 pm

You havent found the Tribute thread for Garrett yet...

I think they took down the Garrett thread, itwas boarding on slanderous and 100% completely tasteless

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: throwitdeep14 on December 05, 2011, 03:42:50 pm
I think they took down the Garrett thread, itwas boarding on slanderous and 100% completely tasteless

No, just moved.