Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worse fans EVER?

Started by Killens, November 25, 2011, 11:15:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Killens

Well, I've been to every away game this season for the first time. Let me tell you this: out of all the fans I came across, LSU fans are absolutely the worst. Got cussed at every minute before the game today, hit with beer cans, and had my Arkansas license plate destroyed. Even had a fan come up to my car and apologize for LSU beating the S**T out of the "crap of a team you root for" and to "go back where I came from". I can't wait for next year. So I thought I would get everyone's thoughts on the BEST and WORSE fan base you have come across this year.

Best: Vanderbilt & Alabama
Worst: LSU
Wooooooooooooo Pig Sooooie!!!!!

IronHog

Why do you think LSU plays in LR?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jman

Well, what did you expect?  Their starting QB is felon who they bailed out of jail just to play football this year.

Nuttbashed

Alabama fans were great before and after the game. I was expecting worse and they all came across as a great group of fans. Very impressed.

ballz2thewall

its always been like that. everyone in the conference says that about lsu fans.  oddly i've never really had any questionable experiences with opposing fans, and i'm quite obnoxious.

a lot of lsu fans still hate arkansas because of the way nolan schooled'em in basketball.
The rest of the frog.

Killens

Quote from: jman on November 25, 2011, 11:18:58 pm
Well, what did you expect?  Their starting QB is felon who they bailed out of jail just to play football this year.

I go the Golden Boot game every year, and I was expecting the usual "Tiger Bait" and "Go back home", etc. But this year, they just took it to a whole new level.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Killens on November 25, 2011, 11:15:22 pm
Well, I've been to every away game this season for the first time. Let me tell you this: out of all the fans I came across, LSU fans are absolutely the worst. Got cussed at every minute before the game today, hit with beer cans, and had my Arkansas license plate destroyed. Even had a fan come up to my car and apologize for LSU beating the S**T out of the "crap of a team you root for" and to "go back where I came from". I can't wait for next year. So I thought I would get everyone's thoughts on the BEST and WORSE fan base you have come across this year.

Best: Vanderbilt & Alabama
Worst: LSU
Good Lord, what do those idiots do when the visiting team wins?

HG

The worst fans I've ever encountered in person  have been LSU fans, followed closely by Ohio State and Auburn and occasionally Florida.  The best have been OU, Vandy and Bama.  And, surprisingly, I've had a good time in Knoxville.  They can be pretty decent...when they want to be.

The only bright side to tonight's game is that I no longer have to cheer for Auburn to pull the upset.  The very idea of doing so made me want to shower obsessively while rocking back and forth muttering "I'm not a bad person, I'm not a bad person."  :P

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on November 25, 2011, 11:35:07 pm
Good Lord, what do those idiots do when the visiting team wins?

Probably kick the crap out of people that are cheering for the other team. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

WBChogfan

Saban was right with his infamous "coonass" remark. He would know. LSU is classless.

ppdmike

Yes!   I have never met more arrogant fans that the giant trailer park known as death valley.  When they started winning they rub your nose in it unlike anything I've ever seen.  I am mentally exhausted from continually subduing my inner rage at the mouths that would not shut up. I hated it, the stadium was old and gross, the campus looked like an old neighborhood....everything looked dirty-much like the city.  Yes I met several really nice fans, but geez they have a huge contingent of trash.  I'll never go back to that scrotum of a stadium.
"Credit should go with the performance of duty, and not with what is very often the accident of glory." -T.Roosevelt

Bamafan35652

I personally feel that Miles' actions on the field today reflected the lack of sportsmanship and class within the entire LSU program.  Fans, players, and coaches alike (admittedly with a few exceptions) are classless thugs.  EVERY other program in the SEC looks like Mother Theresa compared to this bunch.
"The quarterback carry is certainly the best carry and one that we have an opportunity that if you play coverage on the remaining players, the numbers are best to run the football." Les Miles

Rooka

It is LSU fans and games like today that make me respect a team like Alabama and its fans. Don't get me wrong, I would never EVER root for the Tide over the Hogs in any situation...but atleast that program is full of class and respect. They play the game, win, then go home. Plus their fans are always respectful and courteous.  LSU is one of the most dirty, arrogant, and disrespectful programs I have ever seen. Les eats grass while his assistants churn out his wins. That said, I would have said that even at Week 1 before we did get blown out by them today. I hope Alabama gets their rematch and Saban rolls over the hated tiggers.

Killens

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that some LSU fans gave us the directions to the opposite side of campus than where we asked. We were among the last remaining hog fans to leave the campus thanks to them. God I hate them.

hogs25

I'm definitely rooting for Georgia and then Alabama.  LSU is way too cocky and thing about them is that they can not take losing.  Did you notice how extremely quiet the place was when we were up 14-0?  Damaging ones car is down right class les.  WMS is a lot nicer than Death Valley.  There's a reason TV cameras never goes into the bowls of DV. 

Honey Badger

You understand that to be a felon you must be convicted of a felony, right?  JJ was neither convicted nor charged with a felony after the charges were dropped to a misdemeanor. 

wupigsuey

Quote from: Honey Badger on November 26, 2011, 12:57:20 am
You understand that to be a felon you must be convicted of a felony, right?  JJ was neither convicted nor charged with a felony after the charges were dropped to a misdemeanor. 

spoken like a TRUE resident of louisiana...lmfao
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

Hog1751

You understand that if he hadn't have been a football player, it would have been a felony right? For instance had I done what he did, it would have been a felony. By the way the Honeybadger is lame, I really hope you guys adopt that as your permanent mascot. LSU had the better team this year congrats good luck in your rematch, I don't think Alabama will miss 4 field goals this time around.

Danny J

Besides us...I thought tennessee had the classiest fans in the sec. Man...could they also travel in the late 90's. They were also very polite as well.

Wild Bill Hog

Hurricane season is over for the year isn't it?

Foots

Quote from: headhawg7 on November 26, 2011, 01:21:25 am
Besides us...I thought tennessee had the classiest fans in the sec. Man...could they also travel in the late 90's. They were also very polite as well.
I went to the 6OT game in Knoxville and experience nothing but class form Tennessee's fans.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Hey Honey Wagon, a hometown grand jury lessened the charges to a misdemeanor and protected your boy.  This happened much the way the Penn State community "took care" of coaches that were known to be screwing the kids.  What else would they do in Red Stick to keep a team on the field?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Michael Porkleone

Outside of a few 6 year olds calling us tiger bait everyone was cool....before the game.

After the DHs came out. I had a man run up to us and ask what we were thinking when we were up 14.

I just looked at him and walked away (as my wife was screaming at him).

Most fans were cool but a few at the end left a bad taste in my mouth.

Best Fans: Auburn, Bama, MSU
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Honey Badger

Oh, so what happens in court actually doesn't matter.  Even though he was never convicted of a felony, he is a felon.

Good logic.

Brownstreak

Quote from: Honey Badger on November 26, 2011, 02:04:47 am
Oh, so what happens in court actually doesn't matter.  Even though he was never convicted of a felony, he is a felon.

Good logic.

Yep.  See Casey Anthony and OJ as 2 examples. 

fuentecigar

Quotehit with beer cans......

That's why you should always drink whiskey at a game. Whiskey bottles are very good self defense tools. Never know when you might need one.

31to6

Good logic.
LOL. Are you naive or stupid?

In your sewer of a state justice is bought and paid for.

#congressmenwithpayolainfreezer

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: Killens on November 26, 2011, 12:19:30 am
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that some LSU fans gave us the directions to the opposite side of campus than where we asked. We were among the last remaining hog fans to leave the campus thanks to them. God I hate them.

Thats actually funny

Porkys Revenge

An LSU fan tried to fight me on the dance floor at Walk-ons after the game.
Nevermind I had just been introduced to him by a group of friends 30 minutes earlier.
When he left in handcuffs, his 2 front teeth were still on the dance floor. True story.

Tiger Fan

Quote from: Hog1751 on November 26, 2011, 01:18:39 am
You understand that if he hadn't have been a football player, it would have been a felony right? For instance had I done what he did, it would have been a felony. By the way the Honeybadger is lame, I really hope you guys adopt that as your permanent mascot. LSU had the better team this year congrats good luck in your rematch, I don't think Alabama will miss 4 field goals this time around.

You understand that it was a bar fight and the BR Police were investigating Jefferson harder than they were looking for Derek Todd Lee (the serial killer).  When they could not gather enought evidence they had to lessen the charges.  If it were you or me it would have just been a bar fight and no charges would have been filed at all!  I am truly sorry that some of you had a bad experiecne at DV, but don't group all of us together.  As i found out on this site yesterday you have your share of ignorant hatters as well.  But from what I see you have many more classy, knowlegable football fans.

bcdeputy

The police investigated a football player harder than a serial killer?  Hmmmm, I'm calling total BS on that!!!!!  The precious football players aren't really so important as we make them out to be

ballz2thewall

man, i don't know!

it's real hard to read this thread to discover who played today and who won.

let me go back over some of these posts............

hmmmm.....

mommy, they were mean to me.
The rest of the frog.

scarolinahog

Good logic.

I BET YOU WERE ONE OF THE IDIOTS WADING IN 3 FT DEEP SEWAGE IN THE SUPERDOME WAITING ON SOMEONE TO RESCUE YOU AND TAKE YOU TO ARKANSAS DURING KATRINA.
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

RAF

Quote from: Tiger Fan on November 26, 2011, 05:49:33 am
You understand that it was a bar fight and the BR Police were investigating Jefferson harder than they were looking for Derek Todd Lee (the serial killer).  When they could not gather enought evidence they had to lessen the charges.  If it were you or me it would have just been a bar fight and no charges would have been filed at all!  I am truly sorry that some of you had a bad experiecne at DV, but don't group all of us together.  As i found out on this site yesterday you have your share of ignorant hatters as well.  But from what I see you have many more classy, knowlegable football fans.
If it were you or me, we'd be in prison right now.  The DA didn't want all the national press that the story was attracting.  Don't kid yourself.

Acorn hog

I hope Bama Sticks it up LSUs A$$!

birmingHAMette

I had a drunk lsu fan at the concession stand tell me that Garrett was going to transfer to lsu but died before he could.  I almost slapped him.  A cop was near by and heard him.  He came over and told the guy to shut up and said if I had any trouble to let him know.  The drunk said he was sorry about any sorry if he offended me he was just talking football stuff. 
Go Hogs

Pig In The City

SMU fans were pretty bad back in the day (SEC days).  My sister got nachos thrown on her during the game from behind.  Cowards!

Boarsnest

Quote from: Bamafan35652 on November 26, 2011, 12:02:05 am
I personally feel that Miles' actions on the field today reflected the lack of sportsmanship and class within the entire LSU program.  Fans, players, and coaches alike (admittedly with a few exceptions) are classless thugs.  EVERY other program in the SEC looks like Mother Theresa compared to this bunch.

I hope Bama gets a rematch with LSU and kicks their butts.

Roll Tide!!!

nathanj

If the LSU fans were the "worst fans ever", that says alot about you as a fan. You must have been equally obnoxious. Yes, my family and I were "Tiger Bait"ed, but that comes with the territory. EVERY LSU fan we met and talked to showed us respect as fans and as a team. I had great conversations before, during and after the game with every LSU fan around us.

Ashdownpanther

The worst I have ever seen, is the Baylor fans of the mid-late 60"s.  Having pee and poop thrown on you when you run out of the tunnel, and called names that would make a sailor blush, all from petit young Baptist girls.  Had to keep a GA in the locker room to keep them from throwing your clothes away.  Also, no hot water after the game and armed guards around the bus. they would call the restaurant where you had your post game meal planned and cancel the resv.  Anything and everything to harass you

Attila the Hog

My sons were at the game and got the same treatment.  We have been to away games at other schools and have always been treated well.  At LSU people sought them out to curse them and abuse them verbally.  This went on from the start of the game until they made it to the car.  They were shocked how rude LSU fans were.

And Mississippi State fans are the nicest I have encountered so far.  Very friendly.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: nathanj on November 26, 2011, 08:02:40 am
If the LSU fans were the "worst fans ever", that says alot about you as a fan.

No it doesn't.  It says you were lucky.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

insane indian

Quote from: nathanj on November 26, 2011, 08:02:40 am
If the LSU fans were the "worst fans ever", that says alot about you as a fan. You must have been equally obnoxious. Yes, my family and I were "Tiger Bait"ed, but that comes with the territory. EVERY LSU fan we met and talked to showed us respect as fans and as a team. I had great conversations before, during and after the game with every LSU fan around us.

I recently moved to the Baton Rouge area and have been to several tailgates, and I agree other than the Tiger bait yells and general ribbing, every LSU fan I met has been very friendly and hospitable.  Most want you to join in their tailgate to talk football and eat the best tailgating food in the South.

SweetSassyMolassy

USCe fans have always been nice, regardless of who is up or down that particular season.  I've had no interactions with LSU fans.

woodhog

We had a good experience at DV.  LSU fan came over to our area and invited us to their tail gate.  Everyone one was great.  Yes there was a occasional boo but generally no problems.

ACL4LSU

You exaggerate.  The so called felony was reduced to a misdemeanor.  JJ was suspended for 4 games and barely played in the next several.  "They" didn't bail him out. 
He took care of his legal business before getting back on the field.  He's also innocent until proven guilty.  Calling him a felon implies he was convicted.  He wasn't.

What about your 4 players arrested in 2011 for substance abuse?  Oden being the most recent and dismissed from the team:  http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2011/jul/09/arkansas-lineman-oden-arrested/ 
18 of your players have arrest records.   Even Matt Jones was arrested (more than once) for cocaine and other drugs.

My point:  Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Get a defense and MAYBE you win games.  Play for 60 minutes and maybe you win games.

Regarding your fans who said we ran up the score.  Don't stack the box and we don't pass.  Les is not going to risk players getting hurt in the last regular season game trying to run through the 9 in the box. 

You got to #3 because other teams lost.  I don't think you were a #3 team but you got there.  There's nothing to be ashamed of with a 10 win season.  Good luck the rest of the way.

EastTexasHog

What kind of pressure did lsu exert over the prosecutor who reduced the felony to a misdemeanor - stinks.  Probably smells good to you!  Roll Tide, beat lsu!

SurfnSun

Quote from: SweetSassyMolassy on November 26, 2011, 08:17:16 am
USCe fans have always been nice, regardless of who is up or down

I agree. Best traveling experience I've ever had.

ACL4LSU

Quote from: EastTexasHog on November 26, 2011, 08:34:44 am
What kind of pressure did lsu exert over the prosecutor who reduced the felony to a misdemeanor - stinks.  Probably smells good to you!  Roll Tide, beat lsu!

The grand jury reduced the charges, not the prosecutor, not the DA.  The DA let the grand jury decide the outcome so he could remain impartial.  Seriously, guys you LOST.  All of these comments are beginning to smell like sour grapes.

HamIAm

Quote from: 31to6 on November 26, 2011, 04:48:37 am
LOL. Are you naive or stupid?

In your sewer of a state justice is bought and paid for.

#congressmenwithpayolainfreezer

ROFL   +1