Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do we have any freshmen that look anything remotely like this?

Started by tiber, November 25, 2011, 09:39:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tiber

Maybe we can better understand some of the disparity in athletes on the field today -

#56 Anthony Johnson
Position: Defensive Tackle
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 310 lbs.
Class: Freshman
Experience: High School
Hometown: New Orleans, La.
High School: O.P. Walker HS
Major: General Studies
Born: 01/24/1993

Where do we get freshmen that look like this dude?

Bubba's Bruisers

In Louisiana.  Just go down there and convince them to sign to play for Willy.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

cashmoneyman_04

haha good god...if Petrino was at LSU they would probably win 10 straight national championships
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

CallThemHawgs!

Hahahahaha this does make me laugh.

Bunch of Orcs. Like Lord of the Rings. Guys we have a long way to go... our players look like kids out there compared to these freaks, recruit to be mean and big on D and make some changes. Ahem Willy. Until then, we might make it to the Natl Champ with some luck.... but we wont win it with talent and size.

Laughing Hog

Dude looks like he's about 30 yrs old with the MAJOR receding hairline
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

tiber

Surely this guy will only be there 3 years provided he manages to stay in school, but still. 

Wonder what this guy will look like 2 years from now, and wonder what else Chavis can find under the rocks down in LA.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: tiber on November 25, 2011, 09:51:24 pm
Surely this guy will only be there 3 years provided he manages to stay in school, but still. 

Wonder what this guy will look like 2 years from now, and wonder what else Chavis can find under the rocks down in LA.

Dude they manufacture these freaks from birth down in Les Miles basement.

budcampbellfan

What rocks?
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

IronHog

Quote from: laughman on November 25, 2011, 09:51:07 pm

Must not get the designer stuff.......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Spider-Pig

Head down to Nola and convince them to come.  Not the easiest thing to do

We're improving but it takes time.

CallThemHawgs!

LSU rotates in guys like this every few plays.... they may not be great, or well known. But the difference is there is no real drop off in size or physical presence. It allows the starters to get a quick breather with no consequences, hell we lose Thomas for 4 plays and boom... LSU inside the 5.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

How many times did he flunk kindergarden??? He looks like hes ray lewis's age.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

dharmon08

Im a hog fan from Louisiana. Arkansas just don't have the in state talent like La. We need to recruit more Louisiana kids.

Bubba's Bruisers

Do you remember Mickey Johnson from last year?  He was a 6-1, 310 DT from LA that favored us.  He had multiple offers from big programs, but LSU didn't offer.  So we worked on this guy the entire recruiting season and think we're getting him, then poof, LSU offers him essentially on the eve of NSD, and he didn't even blink before he accepted.  Just like that, we lost what probably would have been our best defensive recruit to a team that probably viewed him as a plan "C" player.  Heck, the LSU message boards were even ticked that LSU bothered offering him at the last minute.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

pigzwillrise

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 25, 2011, 10:02:58 pm
I'm pretty sure that is Kimbo Slice in an LSU jersey

tiber

Oh, and #99 and #57 in that picture...

They're sophmores. 

Danny J

Yep...looks tough and like he's had a hard life and been through the wars.

They have a MUCH greater talent pool. It is not even close to being on the same level. We produce some good o lineman but not much on defense. Do any of you guys watch arkansas HS football? Look at the scores....54-49, 75-27, 51-17, etc...not much in the way of defense being played in this state. We can win many 7 on 7 camps and competitions but not much in the way of defense.

We need to go get someone that can attract those players. We have to have a reason for them to come to fville and leave their home states. We can do that with offense solely because of petrino and his reputation. Can't same the same for our defensive staff.

CallThemHawgs!

That looks like a picture from an NFL sideline.

I thought that #99 was Jason Taylor, and he had just been on roids for a while.

Spider-Pig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 25, 2011, 10:03:31 pm
Do you remember Mickey Johnson from last year?  He was a 6-1, 310 DT from LA that favored us.  He had multiple offers from big programs, but LSU didn't offer.  So we worked on this guy the entire recruiting season and think we're getting him, then poof, LSU offers him essentially on the eve of NSD, and he didn't even blink before he accepted.  Just like that, we lost what probably would have been our best defensive recruit to a team that probably viewed him as a plan "C" player.  Heck, the LSU message boards were even ticked that LSU bothered offering him at the last minute.

That was a downer but I don't think he was able to enroll,  so there's that.

IronHog

Beavthompson

Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

jfred59

I thought these were the practice squad for the Saints.  Seriously I know some kids in La and they will be at least 20 before they get out of High School due to some crazy testing rules they have down there so thats why they have full grown Freshmen players

budcampbellfan

"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

IronHog

Quote from: Root66 on November 25, 2011, 10:55:57 pm
How old were they when they got their GEDs. They all look like their 10 year NFL veterans.

Hogs have B. Jones and Trey Flowers.

They both look at least 18..........:)

jfred59

I think the place they find them is called Angola Prison

JethroB.

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 25, 2011, 10:02:58 pm

That guy makes Michael Dyer look young.....holy cow.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

He's the Freak... and he's 37 years old and been gassing up since he was 9. 
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

SouthSide Johnny

Louisiana has excellent HS football and when I went to Bossier High in 1972 we had 4 year high schools which is another year for freshmen and a full time weight training coach then, weight training was mandatory,  makes a difference a lot of high school kids in Arkansas don't hit the weights like they should because of playing so many sports kids in Louisiana especially football players tend to just play football or are track or baseball
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Steef

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Steef

usnavyhogfan

since we don't have the homegrown talent, we need to throw the bank at the best recruiters and DC we can buy
The dream is free, the journey is not.

JaxTigFan

The reason Louisiana has so much homegrown talent starts with THE FOOD!!!!

LaBoucherie

You guys are being a little rough on someone you obviously know nothing about.  Anthony Johnson is not an Orc or an ex-con, nor is he a struggling student.  He's accomplished more in his short life than some of you EVER will.

#56 Anthony "Freak" Johnson is 18 years old (his date of birth is in the original post, read it sometime).  He's never been to Angola, or any other prison, and he didn't flunk kindergarten or any other grade level.  In fact, he was an early graduate from O.P. Walker, enrolled at LSU early, is a very good student, has an incredible singing voice (sings in the choir, and has performed the National Anthem before several of his HS games), and by all reports, is a young man with great character.

Your envy of LSU's talent base is evident by the name-calling in your posts.  Grow up.

Chad In Real Life

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

IronHog

Quote from: LaBoucherie on November 26, 2011, 11:01:37 am
You guys are being a little rough on someone you obviously know nothing about.  Anthony Johnson is not an Orc or an ex-con, nor is he a struggling student.  He's accomplished more in his short life than some of you EVER will.

#56 Anthony "Freak" Johnson is 18 years old (his date of birth is in the original post, read it sometime).  He's never been to Angola, or any other prison, and he didn't flunk kindergarten or any other grade level.  In fact, he was an early graduate from O.P. Walker, enrolled at LSU early, is a very good student, has an incredible singing voice (sings in the choir, and has performed the National Anthem before several of his HS games), and by all reports, is a young man with great character.

Your envy of LSU's talent base is evident by the name-calling in your posts.  Grow up.

Based on his hairline he's got some extra testosterone from somewhere........

smakrunner

That guy is 30 yrs old, no way he was born in 93. See the receding hairline?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: tiber on November 25, 2011, 10:27:50 pm
Oh, and #99 and #57 in that picture...

They're sophmores. 

When realized the game was lost was Cobi's 60 yard reception.  Down 21-14 and he streaks down the sideline.  #99 was stride for stride following him 5 yards behind the entire run.

I knew then that if a D Linemen could keep up with our wide outs, we were just being out classed.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

The Hogfather

We don't have any seniors who look like that.  Birth certificate?

jfred59

Quote from: smakrunner on November 26, 2011, 11:07:12 am
That guy is 30 yrs old, no way he was born in 93. See the receding hairline?

I agree man, that guy probably has two birth certificates, like Puhols

jfred59

Quote from: LaBoucherie on November 26, 2011, 11:01:37 am

Yep right name in the bio there...Freak

kgr

He may be 30, you know about education in La.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

jamie72921

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 25, 2011, 09:41:07 pm
In Louisiana.  Just go down there and convince them to sign to play for Willy.

Ever hear of DD Jones?

Obviously not.
Bless your heart

Poker_hog

I would love to just to have first pick of the recruits out of Louisiana that LSU doesnt want.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: MiaTigah on November 26, 2011, 06:27:54 pm
Sure sounds like a lot of racist whining by a bunch of toothless hillbillies whose sisters are also their Mother-Cousins! Get over your TIGER envy [CENSORED] bags. Why would anyone want to come to U-Pig?
:puke:

What was the final figure on the amount of improvements Katrina made in Louisiana?

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: tiber on November 25, 2011, 09:39:31 pm
Maybe we can better understand some of the disparity in athletes on the field today -

#56 Anthony Johnson
Position: Defensive Tackle
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 310 lbs.
Class: Freshman
Experience: High School
Hometown: New Orleans, La.
High School: O.P. Walker HS
Major: General Studies
Born: 01/24/1993

Where do we get freshmen that look like this dude?

In the NFL
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

rickm1976

Guys, it starts with Arkansas HS football.  Our HS programs are nowhere in the same league with LA or TX, and the biggest difference is program football and weight training.  I know this because my son played HS football when we lived in San Antonio.  He is a HS coach now here in Arkansas.  In Texas, they start out in middle school lifting weights and running the same offense and defense as the local high school.  Everything is carefully coordinated between the high schools, junior highs, and middle schools.  Weight training and nutrition are greatly emphasized.  I'm sure it's the same way in LA.

My son gets frustrated being a HS coach here because he says there is not nearly as much spent on facilities, and there is little coordination between the high schools and MS/JH.  He says we are starting to head in that direction, but we are still light years behind TX, CA, LA, and FL.  I know we don't have the population base those states have, but when you combine that with being behind them in player development, then you get the situation we're in now.  We will always have to be very successful in recruiting outside the state, or we won't be able to compete.

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: rickm1976 on November 26, 2011, 08:42:18 pm
Guys, it starts with Arkansas HS football.  Our HS programs are nowhere in the same league with LA or TX, and the biggest difference is program football and weight training.  I know this because my son played HS football when we lived in San Antonio.  He is a HS coach now here in Arkansas.  In Texas, they start out in middle school lifting weights and running the same offense and defense as the local high school.  Everything is carefully coordinated between the high schools, junior highs, and middle schools.  Weight training and nutrition are greatly emphasized.  I'm sure it's the same way in LA.

My son gets frustrated being a HS coach here because he says there is not nearly as much spent on facilities, and there is little coordination between the high schools and MS/JH.  He says we are starting to head in that direction, but we are still light years behind TX, CA, LA, and FL.  I know we don't have the population base those states have, but when you combine that with being behind them in player development, then you get the situation we're in now.  We will always have to be very successful in recruiting outside the state, or we won't be able to compete.

Very true. I have a relative that graduated from a small school last year that really wanted to be a Hog. He was told by a coach that he needed to SQUAT a certain weight before they would even consider him as a RB.  He's been working his butt off to attempt to walk-on next year.

IronHog

Quote from: rickm1976 on November 26, 2011, 08:42:18 pm

Arkansas HS football is better than many states.

The stuff you describe might build a better program, but it isn't going to make kids SEC level players.  7A West has the best of everything money can buy and they turn out zero SEC defenders.