Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Per TigerDroppings...Tyler Wilson not same caliber as JJ or JL...

Started by bender, November 23, 2011, 03:12:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bender

This is some funny stuff....just was browsing to get a laugh, but this takes the cake. Les turned down offer for him....LOL

popcornhog

Quote from: bender on November 23, 2011, 03:12:59 pm
This is some funny stuff....just was browsing to get a laugh, but this takes the cake. Les turned down offer for him....LOL

I'd like to read it. Can you link the thread?
WPS

Break & Run

What is the equivelant of LSU's fan bases TOTAL COMBINED I.Q.?

Hint:  It's the amount of losses Houston has this year....
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

bender

On the Iphone, can't link or don't know how...sorry. Just one of first few threads on their site...

popcornhog

Quote from: bender on November 23, 2011, 03:16:29 pm
On the Iphone, can't link or don't know how...sorry. Just one of first few threads on their site...

Ok, thanks.

FYI for future reference, just click whatever you want to copy/paste and select copy. Then click inside the box above your keyboard and it wil give you an option to paste.
WPS

ConcordHawg

Without reading the article, I personally am glad his is not of their caliber.

The_Iceman

cashmoneyman_04

jordan jefferson will blow this game you watch...he will make a big mistake that will help us win
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

ark525

They're right, he's not the same caliber as them.... its like comparing a .22 to a .30-06

SpiritHog

I believe their OC originally tendered an offer and Miles called up to tell him they were putting him on hold then Tyler told him to forget it he would go elsewhere.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

OneTuskOverTheLine™

They got that right..! TW is better than both of them put together...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

From their webshite

QuoteBefore people get on Miles about Wilson

1) Arky only recruited him as an after thought. Mutt never recruited him and Petrino just took him to have a QB.

2) it wasn't until this season he could even handle the QB/center exchange. Petrino many times discussed Wilson inability to play under center.

3) I will take Miles recruiting classes over Petrino.

4) only reason Arky is 3 is because 3,4,5
lost in the same week.

5) geaux tigers

Moron's... Like they know richard about what goes on here(UofA)...
This statement is gonna fit right up the Coon-assed O/P's 6 like OJ's glove. You know it fits, but you don't want it up in there..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hambunctious

Since we've been in the SEC LSU leads the series 11 to 8?  The disdain LSU fans have for the Hogs is the most absurd thing in the world.  It's one thing to be confident in your team, and quite another to be an assclown.

They'll never learn that ridiculous statements like that fire up our team.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

RazorBassin

Quote from: Hambunctious on November 23, 2011, 03:51:50 pm
Since we've been in the SEC LSU leads the series 11 to 8?  The disdain LSU fans have for the Hogs is the most absurd thing in the world.  It's one thing to be confident in your team, and quite another to be an assclown.

It should be 10-9 now and dead even after this Friday.  Thats okay, it will be 11-9 after Friday.  Go Hogs!

ottopit

That is the perfect name for that website, can't wait to read it after the Hog's big win this Friday

Jek Tono Porkins

I love how LsWHO fans pull out the "We crush you in the all time series" line.
Who cares? Which is more relevant? The fact that they beat us seven times from 1930-1936 or the fact that we've beat them 3 out of the last 4 years?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

johnny cash

They are the most arrogant and stupid fan base in the nation. Let's shut em up. Go Hogs!!!

JK Razorback

Quote from: johnny cash on November 23, 2011, 04:03:58 pm
They are the most arrogant and stupid fan base in the nation. Let's shut em up. Go Hogs!!!
I totally agree

dacskc

Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 23, 2011, 04:00:20 pm
I love how LsWHO fans pull out the "We crush you in the all time series" line.
Who cares? Which is more relevant? The fact that they beat us seven times from 1930-1936 or the fact that we've beat them 3 out of the last 4 years?

History only counts as an argument when it supports their view. They invented football. You know it never existed before the Saban /Miles era, right? Stats before then do not count. Any stats involving Petrino do not count either because they are "our Superbowl" and they really just don't care about the game. Also they lost last year because of Hatcher, and if you think the Hogs have a chance to win this year, you are a delusional Hog-homer. Their own arguments can never be used against them because we are all on meth, and if you  support your own team and don't admit the 2011 Tigers are the best football team in the history of ever...you will be proclaimed to be an arrogant Hog fan, a member of the most ignorant fan base ever.... I think that about covers the progression of most threads @ TD, lol :) .

JK Razorback

Reading that just shows how stupid of a fan base they are cant wait to beat them

CollegeHog

Funny. My older brother graduated with Tyler. He said one day Tyler walked into a class they had together and said "guys... I just got a scholarship from LSU..."

I guess they're just envious of a quarterback whose job is to win games not avoid losing them.
-Dr. Mantis Tobaggan, MD

McmerleHOG

re: Les Miles snubbed Tyler Wilson a scholarship?   (Posted on 11/23/11 at 2:47 p.m. to TotalYatMove)
Not being a racist but Miles likes black QB's. I
would be suprised if Mettenberger start's next year.

this gave me a chuckle...

Small is the new huge.

Woopig744

Quote from: SooiePigs on November 23, 2011, 03:28:49 pm
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/29981149/Les-Miles-snubbed-Tyler-Wilson-a-scholarship.aspx

There ya go

Just look at the author's picture.  He looks like a showerbag. 

According to Rivals recruiting rankings from 2008, Tyler was ranked the #9 pro style QB in the class.  Jefferson was ranked #8.  So, Rivals didn't think there was much difference in talent. 
http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-1818
(Considering how Tyler performs under pressure, and his accuracy, I would rather have him than Jefferson).

Jarrett Lee is from the class of 2007.  He was ranked the #7 QB in his class.  Our former, Ryan Mallett, was ranked #2 in that class.

I think anyone that believes Tyler would have rather played at LSU over Arkansas is crazy.  The only reason he was probably even considering it is because of the stigma surrounding Houston Nutt at the time.

dacskc

Quote from: Woopig744 on November 23, 2011, 04:21:26 pm
Just look at the author's picture.  He looks like a showerbag. 

According to Rivals recruiting rankings from 2008, Tyler was ranked the #9 pro style QB in the class.  Jefferson was ranked #8.  So, Rivals didn't think there was much difference in talent. 
http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-1818
(Considering how Tyler performs under pressure, and his accuracy, I would rather have him than Jefferson).

Jarrett Lee is from the class of 2007.  He was ranked the #7 QB in his class.  Our former, Ryan Mallett, was ranked #2 in that class.

I think anyone that believes Tyler would have rather played at LSU over Arkansas is crazy.  The only reason he was probably even considering it is because of the stigma surrounding Houston Nutt at the time.

I remember reading somewhere that his dad didn't like Nutt (or maybe that was his coach?) did Nutt ever even go to Greenwood? I know several other SEC coaches did. (all I remember is that Nutt said he couldn't find it...There's a Sonic there so that seems unlikely)

PorcineSublime

In fairness to the Mad Hatter, he did not turn down Tyler to get JJ. He thought they had EJ Manuel coming and he was drooling over him as most of the country was. Meanwhile, in Fayetteville, HDN did not even consider offering TW. He had visions of Mitch dancing in his head and he wanted no part of that again. He was always afraid of a QB with real QB skills and tried to make an option QB out of Casey Dick. Fortunately for Tyler, BP knows talent when he sees it and headed to Greenwood (and he knew it was in AR not MS) post haste.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: dacskc on November 23, 2011, 04:11:03 pm
History only counts as an argument when it supports their view. They invented football. You know it never existed before the Saban /Miles era, right? Stats before then do not count. Any stats involving Petrino do not count either because they are "our Superbowl" and they really just don't care about the game. Also they lost last year because of Hatcher, and if you think the Hogs have a chance to win this year, you are a delusional Hog-homer. Their own arguments can never be used against them because we are all on meth, and if you  support your own team and don't admit the 2011 Tigers are the best football team in the history of ever...you will be proclaimed to be an arrogant Hog fan, a member of the most ignorant fan base ever.... I think that about covers the progression of most threads @ TD, lol :) .
LOL yeah I think you just about covered it.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

myriad_rocker

I actually laughed out loud when I read the title of this thread.

rljjr

Nunya Bidness

Quote from: dacskc on November 23, 2011, 04:11:03 pm

That should go over to tigerfeces. You got it exactly right.

56Hog

Quote from: rljjr on November 23, 2011, 04:45:26 pm
They're right. He's not the same caliber. He's better.

JL = 22 caliber air rifle
JJ = snubnose 38 caliber
TW = 50 caliber machine gun
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

hogsanity

I did not read this thread, but I will agree with them. Wilson is not their calibre, Wilson is MUCH BETTER.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Gumbeaux

Quote from: Hambunctious on November 23, 2011, 03:51:50 pm

If your team is reading tigerdroppings then there is problem #1.

Hoggish1

That's a dumb as$ group over there if there ever was one.  We need to stomp there as$ for so many good reasons...

Gumbeaux

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 23, 2011, 05:32:00 pm
That's a dumb as$ group over there if there ever was one. 

We say the same thing about you guys.  Of course every fan group thinks their team is the best.  It's rarely the case.  I guess you guys are still learning how to handle being good.  You'll figure it out.

Porkestrator

Well. When Casey Dick beats your azz... what does that mean?

tiber

Quote from: Gumbeaux on November 23, 2011, 05:35:38 pm
We say the same thing about you guys.  Of course every fan group thinks their team is the best.  It's rarely the case.  I guess you guys are still learning how to handle being good.  You'll figure it out.

Guess we'll have to settle for beating you again.  Getting good practice at that.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: 4windshawg on November 23, 2011, 03:33:56 pm

They got that right..! TW is better than both of them put together...

Was about to say something very similar.     Yes, they are not the same caliber.    Different types of players completely.   

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hoggy1

I wonder why so many LSU fans feel the need to reassure themselves and come trolling?

Isn't Arkansas just the s*** on the bottom of your boot? Most people don't pay too much attention to s***......
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

DeltaBoy

Well all I see is no respect for Tylers ,all our failures throw in our face and no mention we are 5-5 over the last 10 games and 3 the last 4.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.