Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miles sends his condolences to Arkansas

Started by Next1_04, November 22, 2011, 08:27:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/33584/miles-sends-his-condolences-to-arkansas

Quote"I really want to express my condolences for my team and our school in recognition of the death of tight end Garrett Uekman," Miles said. "The loss of him to the Arkansas team and to his family is certainly felt."

Miles said that he placed a phone call to Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino, but it wasn't immediately returned, which Miles said was completely understandable considering the tragic circumstances.

"I wanted them to know that we share their pain and their grief," Miles said.

Miles added that he met Uekman when he visited LSU on a recruiting trip.

"He visited here and we thought the world of him," Miles said. "He conducted himself very well on our campus and I recall he came here with his mother. Again, it is very unfortunate."

AuburnHog

Certainly the appropriate thing to do.  I'm sure Garrett's family appreciates it.  Hopefully, he didn't say Ar Kansas this time. 

3BoarsDown

atekido

esp fact that he remembered his mother being there with him.  shows he really did remember him and wasnt blowing smoke.  also means the kid must have been a pretty good prospect if both LSU and Arkansas was lookin at him.  very sad for sucha  young life to end so early.

NaturalStateReb

Just another reason to love being in the SEC.  Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a moment of silence at Death Valley before kickoff.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

kaptainkory

Anyone have a link to the actual press conference?

Hey Super

nice to hear he remembered his visit with his mother, he was a special recruit. thanks coach!
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

jman

Miles may be goofy on the sidelines, but I reckon hes a pretty nice and guy outside of football.  For him to call BP personally says alot about his heart and character.  Good man Les

Hogwallup

I'm sure he understands a little about this from losing his sister this summer. Les is a good guy...

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Smokehouse

There's been a lot of class from around the SEC since the news broke. Good to see that a group of people that spend every Saturday hating each other's guts are capable of coming together when the moment calls for it.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

clutch

Quote from: jman on November 22, 2011, 12:20:56 pm
Miles may be goofy on the sidelines, but I reckon hes a pretty nice and guy outside of football.  For him to call BP personally says alot about his heart and character.  Good man Les

I've met Les a couple of times. He's a good guy. He's just as goofy and strange as he appears on TV, but he's a good guy.

josh_sec33

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 22, 2011, 09:34:42 am
Just another reason to love being in the SEC.  Wouldn't be surprised at all to see a moment of silence at Death Valley before kickoff.

I'm hoping there is. Because beyond scattered comments I've not seen much class at all from the LSU world about this whole situation.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hogsanity

I imagine BP and Long have heard from many coaches and ad's.  Even the most ruthless person still realizes how horrible the sudden death of a 19 yr old is. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Mo_Better_Hogs

Yep. I give the Hat some credit on this. Nice move.

hobhog

Just to be fair, other SEC coaches did likewise.......

arkmark

Guys, for future posts in this thread, can't we just simply accept and appreciate the kind words of our game day rivals without throwing in a cheap shot.  I'm sure the family appreciates the thoughts being expressed unconditionally and we should do likewise.
Let's reciprocate the maturity shown by our opponents over this tragic loss.