Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The SEC Refs will make is difficult to beat LSU

Started by soowage, November 06, 2011, 01:39:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

soowage

I was talking to some friends last night about how tough it will be to beat an undefeated LSU team in Baton Rouge.  The SEC does not want Arkansas to beat LSU!  This could leave an SEC team out of the National Championship game.  There is too much money at stake.  We saw this scenario played out last year vs Auburn and the year before against Florida.  The Refs will be on alert.

Aston Martin 8 dude

It's an official but unwritten that in this case LSU will be given whatever decisions and calls necessary to ensure the Cajun Coon Cats get the win.

Pecos Hog

$live will do everything possible to make certain LSU gets the win.

Ftsmithmike

If we play our best game without all the stupid penalties God will not be able to help LSU. If we continue to make poor decisions we will lose big and deserve it. The Alabama game was embarrassing. Jake needs to take control of the defense and ask them if they felt embarrassed. I was embarrassed.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

HoggusMaximus

As soon as we beat south carolina i was thinking this same thing about the LSU game.

sad that money wins out and ruins these kids dreams.

Ftsmithmike

I don't Facebook but if I did I might consider starting an "SEC Ref Watch" page. Post all evidence of Ref misbehavior. At least call attention to it.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

hogatouille

Quote from: soowage on November 06, 2011, 01:39:01 pm
I was talking to some friends last night about how tough it will be to beat an undefeated LSU team in Baton Rouge.  The SEC does not want Arkansas to beat LSU!  This could leave an SEC team out of the National Championship game.  There is too much money at stake.  We saw this scenario played out last year vs Auburn and the year before against Florida.  The Refs will be on alert.
Yeah, I don't see any reason at all why everyone outside of Arkansas makes fun of us. 

cityhog

Quote from: hogatouille on November 06, 2011, 03:10:06 pm
Yeah, I don't see any reason at all why everyone outside of Arkansas makes fun of us. 

yeah because there is no evidence that this has happened before.  wake up.

SoonerInSpringdale

If this is true...then why does everyone here "Rah-rah" the SEC so much?  Why so much love for a conference that would do this year after year and you basically have a ceiling you can never break through?

Brer Hog

November 06, 2011, 05:55:46 pm #9 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:58:07 pm by Brer Hog
Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 06, 2011, 03:29:48 pm
If this is true...then why does everyone here "Rah-rah" the SEC so much?  Why so much love for a conference that would do this year after year and you basically have a ceiling you can never break through?

Never seen a glass ceiling yet that didn't respond to a well wielded hammer!  Facebook & Hog equals Hammer!

cityhog

Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 06, 2011, 03:29:48 pm

I don't.  I hate every team in the SEC and hope they all lose every week.  Even in bowl season.  All they have done is given us cash while they have pi$$ed on us.  Not a fan of the SEC, SEC, SEC.

hogatouille

Razorfox

The good news is millions upon millions of people will be watching that game (#1 vs another top 10) the day after Thanksgiving without much competition.  A complete screwing by the refs would be weighed in the court of public opinion.

usnavyhogfan

The dream is free, the journey is not.

cityhog

Quote from: hogatouille on November 06, 2011, 05:58:59 pm

Tell me you have never seen a questionable call in an SEC game that didn't help the higher ranked, BCS NCG contender?  We have been screwed in numerous games when we have the potential to upset the money maker for the SEC.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hogatouille on November 06, 2011, 03:10:06 pm

I'll make you a deal touille...if you can youtube the Florida game and give a cogent argument on how anyone that has at least one good eye could have given Tebow a first down on that last drive, FROM THE REPLAY BOOTH NO LESS, then I promise not to make fun of you anymore.  That seems like a solid offer.  The only possible explanation for that is that somehow God intervened on Tebow's behalf, and the replay official's monitor actually showed something different than what really happened.   

I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all...never have been.  But that game went beyond conspiracy and straight to undeniable screwdom.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

rickm1976

You're probably right.  It's really disgusting, but they will probably do everything in their power to make sure that an undefeated SEC school is represented in the NCG.

blue

Maybe maybe not. In the past we were part of the problem, now we are part of the solution.

urkillnmesmalls

The biggest issue with that theory is that we beat them in 2007 when it was pretty well thought at the time that it was going to dash LSU's chance at a NC.  Bizarre things happened, and they ended up getting in anyway with 2 losses, but the fact is...we beat them with SEC refs when they were the SEC team with a path to the NC. 

I still worry though, after the Florida hose job and the Auburn debacle last year.  It's bad enough when the calls are wrong on the field, but when they're reviewable and the booth blatantly screws you, then it makes it a little tough to stomach. 

However, when I see late flags after our big plays, I have to admit I cringe due to experience. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

cityhog

3 teams with one loss or 1 undefeated team.  You tell me what the SEC offices want.

Stamford Hog

Quote from: Razorfox on November 06, 2011, 06:00:26 pm
The good news is millions upon millions of people will be watching that game (#1 vs another top 10) the day after Thanksgiving without much competition.  A complete screwing by the refs would be weighed in the court of public opinion.
^^^THIS 
I think that may be the biggest thing.  They may still get a few calls here and there, but the major phantom calls such as Florida '09 in a top 5 showdown the last week of the season won't play well in the court of public opinion.

urkillnmesmalls

The sad part is that it's not always the obvious calls against us that make the biggest difference in the game.  At times it's more about the lack of calls on the opponent.  Those draw far less attention, but can have just as much impact on the outcome.  If you go watch that Auburn game last year, there was a hold on every play they had on offense.  I'm not talking about places where a call could have been made...I'm talking about some blatant take-downs.  I'd have to go back and watch it again (not that I EVER want to subject myself to that again), but I don't think there was a single hold called on them. 

MFG

chog68

I tend to agree
Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 06, 2011, 06:30:28 pm
The sad part is that it's not always the obvious calls against us that make the biggest difference in the game.  At times it's more about the lack of calls on the opponent.  Those draw far less attention, but can have just as much impact on the outcome.  If you go watch that Auburn game last year, there was a hold on every play they had on offense.  I'm not talking about places where a call could have been made...I'm talking about some blatant take-downs.  I'd have to go back and watch it again (not that I EVER want to subject myself to that again), but I don't think there was a single hold called on them. 

I agree here. I don't expect too much BLATANT "cheating" by the refs considering the expected viewership. However, those "missed" flags could be plentiful, aka the Aubbie game last year. Penalties NOT called can have huge outcomes on games-drive killers, momentum changes, and much more.

HogFan219

Maybe we should lock Curles' and Wager's crews in a closet that week just to be safe.

I offer that the 2 loss LSU team getting in made the SEC worse about seeing to it that something like that didn't happen again.  You should never, ever have to depend on a 2 loss team being in the NC game when you have control to make it a one loss team or a no loss team.  The SEC is, in general, a homer call conference.  All things being equal, give the home team the doubt.  But when the NC game is on the line be positive that doesn't get screwed up.  If our game is close with LSU, we will get screwed a time or 2 or more.  If we happen to be hammering LSU in spite of the refs, then the calls will change and we'll get the benefit of doubt because we would look better beating the socks off LSU than just getting by.  Its not necessarily about the team its the best chance to be in the big money game and bring home the  NC trophy. 

jman

Well, whats new folks?   They screw us everytime we play down there.  Same old Same old

riccoar

I think I have the solution. Let's just get rid of our football program for good. It's a known fact the SEC and the NCAA have it in for the Hogs. Why do we even keep trying?

[severe hard sarcasm]

Some people just have too much time to think.

hogatouille

The officials just suck in the SEC.  It's not just against us. 

1873Hawg

No... SEC refs would never try to openly screw Arkansas to save an undefeated season...

Oh wait...

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." - Dennis Wholey

DeltaBoy

Quote from: soowage on November 06, 2011, 01:39:01 pm

This reminds me of that Fla game a few years ago. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

1873Hawg

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting a bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." - Dennis Wholey

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: dixiepokerace on November 06, 2011, 08:43:06 pm
The game won't be close enough for the refs to matter.  LSU will beat the Hogs' asses.  Like all of Vandy did except their kicker.

Ya'll smell that! It's a troll!
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Pigsknuckles

Pre-Game, Bobby needs to let the crew know that we haven't forgotten Florida, smile, and walk away.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GoHogs1091

We need to be worried if it is the Tom Ritter Crew or the Penn Wagers Crew who do our game when we play in Baton Rouge. 

We actually had to me the best SEC Officiating Crew last Night in our game with South Carolina (Matt Moore Crew).  It is surprising that the Moore Crew wasn't in Tuscaloosa last Night.  If the Moore Crew had been in Tuscaloosa last Night, then to me the next best SEC Crew is the Hubert Owens Crew, and the Owens Crew could have been in Fayetteville last Night.  The Hubert Owens Crew did our game in September when we played Alabama over at Tuscaloosa.

The Tom Ritter Crew was officiating the game last Night in Tuscaloosa.  It is very perplexing as to why the SEC Office would send the Ritter Crew to Tuscaloosa with a game of that type of magnitude.  The Matt Moore Crew should have been doing the game last Night in Tuscaloosa, and the Hubert Owens Crew should have been in Fayetteville doing our game with South Carolina.   

hogatouille

Quote from: 1873Hawg on November 06, 2011, 09:29:56 pm
No... SEC refs would never try to openly screw Arkansas to save an undefeated season...

Oh wait...

You watch EVERY second of every down of the Razorbacks.  Do you do that for all NCAA teams?  Try watching more football instead of just the game of the week ones.  It happens every game.

ATLHog

Quote from: HogFan219 on November 06, 2011, 07:17:29 pm
Maybe we should lock Curles' and Wager's crews in a closet that week just to be safe.

LOL- Exactly right. Wagers probably already has his ticket and itinerary in hand.

HoggyCat

November 07, 2011, 07:10:16 am #37 Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:11:56 am by HoggyCat
I can't get pics to load from this iPhone. Ref ruled a runner out of bounds stopping the clock allowing another play before a game tying field goal. Otherwise the clock runs out. So no, they're not biased. LOL
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

otishog

Quote from: hogatouille on November 07, 2011, 06:59:31 am
You watch EVERY second of every down of the Razorbacks.  Do you do that for all NCAA teams?  Try watching more football instead of just the game of the week ones.  It happens every game.

Yeah but how often does an officiating crew get suspended?

hogsanity

3 weeks out and we are already blaming the refs for the Hogs losing to LSU.  Basically saying the only way we lose ON THE ROAD TO THE #1 TEAM will be because of the refs.

GEEESH
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pondwater jack

Quote from: cityhog on November 06, 2011, 06:05:15 pm
Tell me you have never seen a questionable call in an SEC game that didn't help the higher ranked, BCS NCG contender?  We have been screwed in numerous games when we have the potential to upset the money maker for the SEC.
this
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

hogsanity

Quote from: cityhog on November 06, 2011, 06:05:15 pm

You do know, the SEC makes the same or more money by having 2 teams in the BCS, regardless of who those teams are.  Unless the chart I saw was wrong, BCS games pay out the same amount.  So money is not deciding this.  They get the same for Bama and LSu being in the BCS as they would if it were Vandy and Ky or old misses and miss st. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogatouille

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/display.aspx?p=29574369&pg=2

"Exactly on both counts. If we pull this off and go 14-0, this is not only the best LSU team ever...this is one of the best college football teams of all time. ESPN won't give us that credit, but there's no denying it."

Even LSU says the same thing.  Everyone is against them.  Now quit making darn up about a conspiracy.

Tripod1

Quote from: Razorfox on November 06, 2011, 06:00:26 pm
Outside our state not many view the officiating the same as we do.  Sports fans that don't have a dog in the fight just don't buy into this protecting the other team as we espouse to each week.

Pig In The City

Time to pull a mammoth upset of a #1 team, like the one in 1981.

KeithStone

Quote from: dixiepokerace on November 06, 2011, 08:43:06 pm
The game won't be close enough for the refs to matter.  LSU will beat the Hogs' asses.  Like all of Vandy did except their kicker.

How did Tyrann Mathieu not get ejected from the game and suspended for a game after that karate chop on Dre' Kirkpatrick during a punt?  Wade's ejection and suspension was possibly deserved, but the play that got him kicked out was inside the normal play of punt coverage.  Mathieu threw a malicious swing at Kirkpatrick and apparently hurt him pretty bad.  It happened DURING a punt in an SEC game when Kirkpatrick wasn't even looking.

HOW THE HE!! IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS???

otishog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2011, 08:39:08 am
You do know, the SEC makes the same or more money by having 2 teams in the BCS, regardless of who those teams are.  Unless the chart I saw was wrong, BCS games pay out the same amount.  So money is not deciding this.  They get the same for Bama and LSu being in the BCS as they would if it were Vandy and Ky or old misses and miss st. 
You do know, the BCS Champ game pays more than a regular BCS game.  Don't be so smug when defending your position.

hogatouille

There is no cover up.  The SEC wants the best possible team representing them.  It doesn't matter the bowl. 

soowage

Quote from: HogFanDallas on November 07, 2011, 09:42:24 am
Time to pull a mammoth upset of a #1 team, like the one in 1981.
Quote from: KeithStone on November 07, 2011, 09:47:42 am
How did Tyrann Mathieu not get ejected from the game and suspended for a game after that karate chop on Dre' Kirkpatrick during a punt?  Wade's ejection and suspension was possibly deserved, but the play that got him kicked out was inside the normal play of punt coverage.  Mathieu threw a malicious swing at Kirkpatrick and apparently hurt him pretty bad.  It happened DURING a punt in an SEC game when Kirkpatrick wasn't even looking.

HOW THE HE!! IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THIS???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaIyg5apVZw

From the hundreds of reports talking about the game, I haven't heard the hit even mentioned.

dr_arkansawyer

If Penn Wagers is on that field, you can be sure that LSU will win the game.
We need the iron qualities that go with true manhood. We need the positive virtues of resolution, of courage, of indomitable will, of power to do without shrinking the rough work that must always be done.

Theodore Roosevelt
1858-1919, Twenty-sixth President of the USA