Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Billboard thanking Petrino

Started by DEVIL DOG HOG, April 17, 2011, 07:01:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DEVIL DOG HOG

It's located on I40 west bound, just west of the Plumerville exit #112.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

A Hogwork Orange

Wildhog

Crap.  I just drove past it last night on my way to the liquor store.  Didn't notice it, though.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DEVICEHIGH

Well what does it read and where are the pics?
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

RazorZach

I saw that too on the way back from Greer's Ferry but just thought it was an ad for a Razorback Club meeting or the like. Pretty cool, but still not as cool as the Razorback sign in Atkins, IMO.
"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

"Is this hotel beeper friendly?" -- Alan from "The Hangover" (and Houston Nutt)

"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." -- Michael Scott, "The Office"

Breems

Someone get on Google Earth and get a pic, dang it!
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Arkansasbeaux

My Girlfriend and I saw it as well on the way to the spring game yesterday. It said something to the extent of "Thank you Coach Petrino for bringing back Arkansas Football".  I am sure I got the quote wrong but it was something like that. Very nicely done billboard.

HogCzar1

Sounds great. Can't wait to see it. Get that pic!

Ugly Uncle

I kind of thought 3mil a year was a nice "thank you."
Retired Radio Host

batman15

OP, pics or smites.

The choice is yours.

YoMama

DEVIL DOG HOG

Went to Google Earth,saw the billboard but I don't have enough computer knowledge to get in front of the sign. It is in front of the Hixson Lumber company.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Derjen

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 17, 2011, 09:08:59 pm

Nothing can replace the words "thank you"...  ;)

DukeOfPork

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on April 17, 2011, 09:23:00 pm
Went to Google Earth,saw the billboard but I don't have enough computer knowledge to get in front of the sign. It is in front of the Hixson Lumber company.

So is everyone of the impression that Google Earth is updated in real time?  Like if I stepped outside and waved, you would see me on Google Earth?

:D

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Derjen on April 17, 2011, 09:28:07 pm

This was more than just a "Thank you" by some Arkansas fan.  This will be a reminder to all recruits, coaches, future recruits and future high school coaches that Arkansas is a legitimate national power.  A state united behind our University.  This is a huge recruiting tool for Petrino with out BP ever having to say anything to the hundreds of people that will drive by that sign.

This was probably meant as a simple "thank you" by some Arkansas fan, but its impact will be much bigger than that, and will help BP out.  I like it.
Retired Radio Host

Johnny America

Quote from: PorkPariah on April 17, 2011, 09:36:37 pm
So is everyone of the impression that Google Earth is updated in real time?  Like if I stepped outside and waved, you would see me on Google Earth?

Hahahaha +1
God is not real.

IronHog

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on April 17, 2011, 09:23:00 pm

Wonder if Hixson or some of his employees paid for it?

They usta have a big Razorback on the lumber company didn't they?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hoginator

Quote from: PorkPariah on April 17, 2011, 09:36:37 pm

According to Google Earth, I don't live in my house yet...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

IronHog

Quote from: hoginator on April 17, 2011, 10:15:17 pm

That little car with the ball on top will drive by soon enough.

Make sure your blinds are closed.

Derjen

Quote from: Derjen on April 17, 2011, 09:28:07 pm
Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 17, 2011, 09:38:02 pm
This was more than just a "Thank you" by some Arkansas fan.  This will be a reminder to all recruits, coaches, future recruits and future high school coaches that Arkansas is a legitimate national power.  A state united behind our University.  This is a huge recruiting tool for Petrino with out BP ever having to say anything to the hundreds of people that will drive by that sign.

This was probably meant as a simple "thank you" by some Arkansas fan, but its impact will be much bigger than that, and will help BP out.  I like it.

In you first post, you were basically saying $$$ was a "thank you", then in your second post, you finally get it (and add some odd out of context  rebuttal to my post)...  ???

YodaHog

Saw this too.

It says 'thank you for bringing winning and excitement back to Razorback football' -- Razorback Nation

batman15

Quote from: Derjen on April 17, 2011, 11:24:57 pm
In you first post, you were basically saying $$$ was a "thank you", then in your second post, you finally get it (and add some odd out of context  rebuttal to my post)...  ???

Mind=blown.

Johnny America

Quote from: IronHog on April 17, 2011, 10:22:41 pm

That little car with the ball on top will drive by soon enough.

Make sure your blinds are closed.

I was home when they drove past my house. Now when I look at the street view I wonder what I was doing that day.
God is not real.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Derjen on April 17, 2011, 11:24:57 pm

I'm sorry.  I should have been more clear.  I wasn't writing a rebuttal to your post.  I thought everyone knew that I think BP is the best coach in America and we should do everything we can to keep him.  I don't think that BP cares about "thank you" to what he does.  But the billboard is a good way to say "thank you" because it helps BP and the program recruit.

I know I wasn't clear on either of my post or the connection of the two. 
Retired Radio Host

NWARazor

Really would like to see a picture of it! Can we get some put up in Miss. around Oxford!?! ;D
Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

April 18, 2011, 11:38:13 am #25 Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:32:17 am by AmaurosisHogax
The billboard is close to me as well, and looks great.  I'll get a pic of it tomorrow afternoon on my way home on my iphone. Someone PM me an email address and I'll send it and you guys can post it on here.

Derjen

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 18, 2011, 11:11:02 am
I'm sorry.  I should have been more clear.  I wasn't writing a rebuttal to your post.  I thought everyone knew that I think BP is the best coach in America and we should do everything we can to keep him.  I don't think that BP cares about "thank you" to what he does.  But the billboard is a good way to say "thank you" because it helps BP and the program recruit.

No worries - both you and I think CBP is an excellent coach.  Additionally, I'd agree with you that he probably doesn't care about anyone saying thank you via billboard.

IronHog

Everyone likes a pat on the back from time to time.........

The Great Hambino

I can't believe no one took a picture of the billboard today. Surely someone here goes by this thing every day and can get a pic.

Arkapigdiesel

I'll continue to bump this thread until I see a pic.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

31to6

I don't make 3Mill, but I do make a nice living. It's still nice when someone in upper mgmt says 'thanks'.

A Hogwork Orange

Quote from: AmaurosisHogax on April 18, 2011, 11:38:13 am
The billboard is close to me as well, and looks great.  I'll get a pic of it this afternoon on my way home on my iphone. Someone PM me an email address and I'll send it and you guys can post it on here.

As anyone sent this guy a PM so he can send them the pic?

gfricke

AppleHog

Quote from: hoginator on April 17, 2011, 10:15:17 pm

According to Google Earth my house isn't even here yet...
Thanks coach.

We had a great time.

Ugly Uncle

I drove by it today.  I was going east, but looked back to see it.  It is two billboars high.  Couldn't read  all of it because that wouldn't be safe, but it is very well done and attractive.

Tomorrow I will be headed west and I will stop and get a picture of it if no one has posted one by then.
Retired Radio Host

VenturaHog

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on April 18, 2011, 10:01:12 pm
I drove by it today.  I was going east, but looked back to see it.  It is two billboars high.  Couldn't read  all of it because that wouldn't be safe, but it is very well done and attractive.

Tomorrow I will be headed west and I will stop and get a picture of it if no one has posted one by then.

Thanks UU

ADAM_713

I think for continuity purposes we should fly a banner saying thank you.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

Pig in the Pokey

i will begin smiting all who claim they will put up a pic but didn't (& the OP) @ noon today until the pic is up. ghg
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ChitownHawg

Quote from: IdontgiveAdam_713 on April 19, 2011, 08:36:36 am
I think for continuity purposes we should fly a banner saying thank you.

Adding to this we should fly one over Ole Miss' stadium thanking their school for taking HDN off our hands, and allowing us to kick his butt every year. It wouldn't have been as much fun if he had went to another conference.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Pike1347

April 19, 2011, 08:55:46 am #40 Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:59:34 am by Pike1347
Quote from: YodaHog on April 18, 2011, 12:23:39 am
Saw this too.

It says 'thank you for bringing winning and excitement back to Razorback football' -- Razorback Nation

This ^^  And I could have swore it showed what appeared to be a quote from Petrino saying "Make no mistake.... it is our turn" towards the bottom.  And it did appear to be 2 billboards high.  I was so excited to see it I didn't have time to get my camera ready.

Pike1347

While trying to do a google search to see if anyone posted pics anywhere I came across a bunch of links where Petrino bought billboard space in Arizona to attract recruits.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/pic-arkansas-razorback-billboard-in-yuma-arizona-29479

d1nonlyhogfan

Ched, you forgot to "buckle both chinstraps" on that post. ;)
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

razordank42

NO MORE POST TILL PIC IS POSTED!!!!!! :P :P :P :P

big_ol_meat

To all the virgins, thanks for nothing.

porkers15

I saw the billboard on the way up to the SG. Got real excited wanted to take a picture but it was too late. Its not like you can bang a uey on the highway...
The Deep South has a completely different history, both good and bad, that is fascinating for everybody. It makes people work together who usually don't, and that sounds like a cliche in so many ways, but it actually happened... and it happened because of a beautiful idea.

The Great Hambino

Quote from: porkers15 on April 19, 2011, 12:40:39 pm
I saw the billboard on the way up to the SG. Got real excited wanted to take a picture but it was too late. Its not like you can bang a uey on the highway...

Sure you can. I see state troopers do it all the time.

porkers15

Quote from: PianoMo on April 19, 2011, 12:54:52 pm
Sure you can. I see state troopers do it all the time.

Well, thats because they can  ;)
The Deep South has a completely different history, both good and bad, that is fascinating for everybody. It makes people work together who usually don't, and that sounds like a cliche in so many ways, but it actually happened... and it happened because of a beautiful idea.

The Great Hambino

hogfanforever

I will be headed that way in less than an hour, so I will STOP and take a picture of the billboard and post it.

Also, Hixson does have a Razorback on their sign.
"One of these days its gonna get right and when it does I AM GOING to be scary for a lot of people"