Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ban Ed Orgeron from college football

Started by BPsTheMan, June 15, 2010, 05:17:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BPsTheMan

Ed Orgeron's rap sheet is lengthy.

In 1991 as an assistant at Miami, (wikipedia) "a "permanent injunction of protection" was granted to a woman by a Dade County court against Orgeron prohibiting "any act of domestic violence." Orgeron was ordered into a 26-week domestic violence counseling program."

In 1992, still an assistant at Miami, he was arrested in a bar fight in Baton Rouge. You know something is wrong when you've done five years at Miami, then get back into coaching after a year hiatus at Nichols State.

At Southern Cal earlier this decade, Orgeron was THE recruiting coordinator while Reggie Bush made off with that $100K.

At Ole Miss, Orgeron's very first meeting with the team, he referenced his own new players as MF's. In the heat of the moment, that's not even acceptable. Would it be okay for a history professor to tell his class, first day, "All you MF's are going to learn a lot in this history class"?

After Hurricane Katrina, with Tulane's program in shambles (before they were able to share facilities with Louisiana Tech, and thus keep playing the season), Orgeron called Greg Davis' son, and Tulane assistant, and tried to begin poaching players for Ole Miss from the Tulane program. Davis turned him in. Nothing ever came of it after Orgeron pretended he didn't know it was a violation.

Highly ticked Tulane head coach Chris Scelfo said of Orgeron, "there's people in our business who do not belong in our business". Scelfo was correct.

At Tennessee all the sudden - Orgeron having only been there a year - six "minor" NCAA violations for the Vols.

Finally, after leaving Tennessee, Orgeron called early recruits at Tennessee, trying to recruit them to USC...after they were already technically enrolled at Tennessee. Had he forgotten the rules he had already learned after his own Tulane scandal?

What's next?

Ban this piece of dirt from college football.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

BPsTheMan

newera

I would just love for Ole Miss, Tenn, and Ed Orgeron to be slapped with some sanctions too!
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: newera on June 15, 2010, 05:36:46 pm
I would just love for Ole Miss, Tenn, and Ed Orgeron to be slapped with some sanctions too!

Ed I understand.

Tennessee, I don't understand at all.  Why weaken an SEC school for something that was done through the shenanigans of Orgeron?

Ole Miss I'd rather beat King Clown with our players, skill, and better coaching on an even playing field.  King Clown would have no excuses, and you'd better believe he'd use every excuse in the book if he lost while missing schollies and being on probation to us.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

GeneKeadysRug

joe paterno once said barry switzer and jackie sherrill were the two worse things to happen to college football. Maybe it should be three things and add the caveman to the list.

AppleHog

Thanks coach.

We had a great time.

mckinneyhog5

Ban him?  Hell just send him back to Ole Piss under HDN.  That should take care of him for good.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

NWASooner

Didn't he also get into multiple fights with his neighbors while living in Oxford?  I vaguely remember something about that.

stchane

Quote from: BPsTheMan on June 15, 2010, 05:17:12 pm
At Ole Miss, Orgeron's very first meeting with the team, he referenced his own new players as MF's. In the heat of the moment, that's not even acceptable. Would it be okay for a history professor to tell his class, first day, "All you MF's are going to learn a lot in this history class"?

I heard he also challenged all of them to a fight in that 1st meeting.  As far as the history professor, I would laugh my @ss off...  Funny yes, acceptable no. 
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

jesterzzn

If a history professor said that the first day it would be great.  I would never miss his class.  Ever.

The Boar War

I agree.  This guy is bad for the game. 

BTW, does anyone believe the punishments put on USC will lead to an 1)NCAA compliant athletic department or 2) new and enhanced ways of cheating?

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

BPsTheMan

Quote from: NWASooner on June 15, 2010, 06:06:12 pm
Didn't he also get into multiple fights with his neighbors while living in Oxford?  I vaguely remember something about that.

not sure - I'm sure there are several things in the catagory of...more specifically