• 391,974 Topics
• 22,134 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boys I think we’re gonna be okay  (Read 6532 times)

solitons

• Senior
Re: Boys I think we’re gonna be okay
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2017, 08:01:18 am »

And for now that’s all you need to know. 

Got us a good AD today.  From what I’m hearing we have options a, b, and c locked down as well. 

We all know what needs to happen to get us option A. But if it doesn’t options B and C aren’t going to be bad at all. 

Get a good night’s sleep.  You boys have earned it.  Let me put on a pot of coffee and monitor this thing through the night for you.

NO AD yet, http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=649934.0

Skandar Jackson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • HIS NAME IS MEACHAM. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2017, 08:02:23 am »

Boys....we have A, B, and C locked down.  In fact I'd go as far as to say they are sequestered.  They're in a suite in their respective towns.  Their personal phones have been taken away.  TV's, land lines, watches, and clock radios have been removed.  The windows have been blacked out so they can't look outside.  In fact with no light being allowed into the room whatsoever they do not know if it is day or night.  Two state troopers guard the door.  They receive meals in their room and no newspapers or wives or friends or anything that might give them any idea what is going on in the outside world is being allowed.

The only form of communication they have access to is a university issued flip phone that only receives calls.  These phones will not make calls.

They are all three waiting on the call. Cameras have been installed to monitor their every move.  Gus is the only one showing signs of stress. His nose picking has gotten more frequent.  He is cleaning house and wiping the boogers on his U of A visor. 

The two that are not Gus have been told it might be mid January before they will know if we are going to hire them as we wait on Gus. They are fine with that. 

They are locked down, boys. 

Quit fretting. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2017, 08:05:47 am »

Nothing like REAL insider information. We appreciate you, skandar.

Jonbo

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2017, 08:18:28 am »

Wishful thinking.

My Guess is Gus and his agent are negotiating the buyout and a few small details on his extension, will come to an agreement with Auburn, and Gus will sign the extension staying at Auburn.

Just as we are all guessing but not knowing, my guess is that scenario's the most likely, unfortunately. I'm terrified Gus is the unrequiting, hot, almost girlfriend who strings us along just long enough to miss out on the very nice, actually available, but less exciting girl next door. Meanwhile, Miss Hotness ends up marrying the smugly self-assured high school quarterback who's been kind of mean to her all this time. They go off to whatever it is they go off to. Meanwhile we're left in our parent's basement playing Play Station 17 at 25. Anyway, that's my personal nightmare on the matter.

trok24

• Bench Warmer
  • not size of hog n the fite but size of fite n hog
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2017, 08:22:37 am »

Boys....we have A, B, and C locked down.  In fact I'd go as far as to say they are sequestered.  They're in a suite in their respective towns.  Their personal phones have been taken away.  TV's, land lines, watches, and clock radios have been removed.  The windows have been blacked out so they can't look outside.  In fact with no light being allowed into the room whatsoever they do not know if it is day or night.  Two state troopers guard the door.  They receive meals in their room and no newspapers or wives or friends or anything that might give them any idea what is going on in the outside world is being allowed.

The only form of communication they have access to is a university issued flip phone that only receives calls.  These phones will not make calls.

They are all three waiting on the call. Cameras have been installed to monitor their every move.  Gus is the only one showing signs of stress. His nose picking has gotten more frequent.  He is cleaning house and wiping the boogers on his U of A visor. 

The two that are not Gus have been told it might be mid January before they will know if we are going to hire them as we wait on Gus. They are fine with that. 

Quit fretting. 

i agree to all but i dont  see this waiting til January..Can u imagine?  its lose this WE and its Hogs. Otherwise its Auburn.  Could you imagine the national meltdown, win a Nattie and march off to (NFL)..um..lil Arkansas. No freaking way...

DoubleReedHawgCaller

« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2017, 08:33:58 am »

Half these bastages couldn't spell cat if you spotted them the C and the T.

Three and Snout

• Senior
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2017, 10:56:06 am »

playing Play Station 17

This actually sounds amazing.  I'm sure it's like the Enterprise Holodeck.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2017, 11:05:35 am »

Is every little thing...going to be alright?

razorcash2

• Senior
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2017, 11:12:50 am »

31 as far as you know
Depends on the year...

WhenPigsFly

« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2017, 11:22:21 am »

WhenPigsFly

« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2017, 11:26:51 am »

This is hard to believe.

Arkansas Hog in Dallas

• Varsity
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2017, 11:31:38 am »

Venables, it is.

Calvin Swine

• Varsity
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2017, 11:32:34 am »

Mid January?  Good heavens talk about being strung along.  If that's the case we should move on to option B.

Hogeration

• I like you, but you're crazy man.
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2017, 11:33:03 am »

Quit fretting. 

No way in he// that can be close to the truth. And if so, we don’t want them. Not head coach material. Too soft.

Tony Perkis

• This is the 18th level of the PerkiSystem.
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2017, 11:34:09 am »

No way in he// that can be close to the truth. And if so, we don’t want them. Not head coach material. Too soft.
I wouldn't say no way it can be true. It doesn't seem likely, but it could happen.

cjack

• Senior
  • A dedicated fan base that few programs have
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2017, 11:36:28 am »

Maybe some people need to realize a pro wrestling fan might be more into fabricating entertaining story lines, especially on slow news days, instead of sitting around with nothing to talk about.

greenie

• Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!!
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2017, 11:36:35 am »

Quit fretting.

Sequestered and fine with waiting until mid January?
You lost me with this one Skandar.  I can't imagine Leach or Kiffin waiting for Arkansas until mid January...maybe Morris and/or Norvell...and maybe that's the answer. 
It might all be true, but its certainly a little hard to swallow.

Hugo Bezdek

• Senior
  • We Played Like A Wild Band of Razorbacks!
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2017, 11:38:50 am »

I wouldn't say no way it can be true. It doesn't seem likely, but it could happen.

Easier to believe if one is Norvell, who may get to take Memphis to a New Years Bowl, and the other is Venables who hopes to be in the playoffs.

Tony Perkis

• This is the 18th level of the PerkiSystem.
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2017, 11:39:46 am »

Easier to believe if one is Norvell, who may get to take Memphis to a New Years Bowl, and the other is Venables who hopes to be in the playoffs.
Exactly. Those two guys aren't rushing to leave their current situation.

HogPharmer

• KCCO
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2017, 11:41:57 am »

This thread brought out some of hogville’s top trolls.

No kidding... Somebody actually brought up that Falwell character.... This one's headed for the tavern boys

PolishPigPower

• As useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller...
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2017, 11:57:30 am »

If I had one wish it would be that we start hiring people whose names we can spell.

The new coach is going to have a name some will have difficulty spelling

So both his first and last names are more than two letters.  Got it!   ;D

That rules out Keffen, Morse, Malzohn, Norville, Leech, Summerlen, Brahma, or any of the rest of 'em!

PolishPigPower

« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2017, 11:59:08 am »

Arthur Gustavo "Gus" Malzahn, III....there you go spellcheckers

Esquire

devildoghawg

• Hogvillian
  • 60% of the time, it works every time.
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2017, 12:01:02 pm »

I’m sorry, but I personally think you don’t know anything. 

PolishPigPower

« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2017, 12:03:28 pm »

Just as we are all guessing but not knowing, my guess is that scenario's the most likely, unfortunately. I'm terrified Gus is the unrequiting, hot, almost girlfriend who strings us along just long enough to miss out on the very nice, actually available, but less exciting girl next door. Meanwhile, Miss Hotness ends up marrying the smugly self-assured high school quarterback who's been kind of mean to her all this time. They go off to whatever it is they go off to. Meanwhile we're left in our parent's basement playing Play Station 17 at 25. Anyway, that's my personal nightmare on the matter.

I'm really torn here, because yeah... forget that chick who wants to treat us that way!  We've all been there.  But then again, there's a lot to be said for wasting time with a Playstation.  And my basement is pretty sweet, so...

Captain Hogthrob

• Senior
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2017, 12:16:59 pm »

Quit fretting.

I enjoyed this...

imtad16

• Senior
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2017, 12:48:00 pm »

Quit fretting. 

Though this is comforting, if true, in regards to securing a good coach. I'm afraid we would have the worst recruiting class in school history if we waited to make a hire until mid January. The new early signing period throws a wrinkle into this thing.  A throw away signing class will make it hard for any coach in year 2 or 3 and then the same people that said it would be O.K. to wait that long will be roasting the coach.

cjack

• Senior
  • A dedicated fan base that few programs have
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2017, 12:53:23 pm »

Ok.  I give up.  Very well done Skandar.  You are the pied piper of Hogville.   +1 to you, sir.

Hog Milanese

« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2017, 02:44:24 pm »

fake fake fake
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas