Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett Out For Season

Started by trashcan maN, November 24, 2014, 12:33:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

Per ESPN. Tore pectoral muscle during pregame.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 24, 2014, 12:33:13 pm
Per ESPN. Tore pectoral muscle during pregame.

Let's see which gets more threads started, Mallett or Marshall.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=581967.0

secfan30

Saw this. Hate it for him. He finally gets his chance to start and gets hurt.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

razorbackfanatic

So does that explain why is accuracy was off yesterday? I'd think so. Torn pec muscles are extremely painful, that's pretty amazing that he played thru it.

Ironhawg

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on November 24, 2014, 12:38:38 pm
So does that explain why is accuracy was off yesterday? I'd think so. Torn pec muscles are extremely painful, that's pretty amazing that he played thru it.

Not only played through it, but was absolutely rocketing the ball in the 4th quarter.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 24, 2014, 12:59:41 pm
Not only played through it, but was absolutely rocketing the ball in the 4th quarter.

Adrenaline is a hell of a thing. ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

McKdaddy

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on November 24, 2014, 12:38:38 pm
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

MojoHog

Rich Eisen was saying on his radio show that he heard he injured it last week vs Browns and then completely tore it pre-game. For him to go all week and then play is amazing and I hate it for him. He will be a free agent and get to sign anywhere he chooses I believe.
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

SECisKing

Speedy recovery to one of my all-time favorites. Hopefully the Texans are patient because that vertical-stretch system was made for him.

He needs the entire offseason to get the majority of the reps and I bet he has a very solid season next year.
SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin

hoglady

Mallett shouldn't have even been practicing last week with a strained pec and surely should not have been playing on Sunday.
Medical staff for Texans blew it.
Should have sat him for a week - no practice, no throwing, started Fitz against Cinny.
Then Mallett could have finished out the year.
They jeopardized his NFL future for 1 lousy game - just like Washington did with RGIII.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Atl_Hog

Adam Schefter of NFL Insiders on ESPN just said his sources say the Texans will re-sign Ryan Mallett at the end of the season and allow him to compete for the starting job next season. 
Wooo Pig Sooie!!!

hoglady

Quote from: Atl_Hog on November 24, 2014, 03:31:26 pm
Adam Schefter of NFL Insiders on ESPN just said his sources say the Texans will re-sign Ryan Mallett at the end of the season and allow him to compete for the starting job next season. 

Well that's good news.
I'm not surprised.
It's obvious Fitz isn't the answer. They may draft a QB but that's more of a crapshoot than Mallett. Not sure what that Savage kid looks like.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

trashcan maN

Quote from: hoglady on November 24, 2014, 03:37:11 pm
Well that's good news.
I'm not surprised.
It's obvious Fitz isn't the answer. They may draft a QB but that's more of a crapshoot than Mallett. Not sure what that Savage kid looks like.
Doesn't Savage play for NE?

phadedhawg

oh no...

This is so terrible and dispiriting.  Just when things were looking up.  The NFL is a funny league.  If too many things go against you, whether its a mistake or just dumb luck your future can get flushed in a heartbeat. 

I'm starting to fear it just ain't in the cards for Ryan.

hoglady

Quote from: trashcan maN on November 24, 2014, 03:40:05 pm
Doesn't Savage play for NE?

Nope that's Garrapolo (sp?) that was behind Mallett at NE.
Texans have Savage behind Mallett and Fitz

hoglady

Just reading that on some Texans boards that it's a Grade 3 tear that will require surgery.
Dang, poor Ryan.

hawgmasta

Quote from: hoglady on November 24, 2014, 04:12:01 pm
Just reading that on some Texans boards that it's a Grade 3 tear that will require surgery.
Dang, poor Ryan.

That really sucks for him. I've read some texans boards as we'll and they are upset they won't get to see more of him this year. At the same time some are happy because they'll probably be able to sign him cheap next year to compete instead of him doing well this year and spending some money. Just a small silver lining.

HamIAm

wondering how long it takes to recovery from this type of injury this is what I found:

QuoteThose patients with a complete pectoral tear that requires surgery, usually require a period of rehabilitation of 3 - 9 months or longer before returning to full activity.

Here's hoping he lands closer to the 3 month end of the spectrum.

http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/14703550/pectoral-strain-torn-pectoral-physioadvisor.htm