Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gragg schedules visits

Started by Music City Hog, November 06, 2014, 11:17:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2014, 10:41:41 am
No doubt, as did Pruitt's loss.

I really think Pruitt hurt us more than some thought.  We really needed him in our depth chart preparing and in the S&C program. 

LJHOG

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

3kgthog

Hogs that are 110% don't keep scheduling visits. They start canceling them a la DMac.

BrianWPS!!

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 08, 2014, 09:23:49 pm
Hogs that are 110% don't keep scheduling visits. They start canceling them a la DMac.

Many kids don't have the opportunity to take visits like this outside of officials. Id schedule every visit I could for the experience.

ArkansasI

We talk about this ad nauseum. If a player is taking visits, then he is not fully committed.

If you think college programs will pay recruits that have not expressed an open interest for a weekend vacation, you are crazy. If Gragg is still offered a trip, then he is telling that coaching staff that his decision is not final.

If a player isn't fully committed to the Hogs, then the Hogs shouldn't be fully committed to the player. It really is that simple.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 06, 2014, 11:17:36 am
@jeremycrabtree: Arkansas TE commit Will Gragg informed me he'll be @ Ole Miss for Egg Bowl and @ Texas on Dec.12 for official visits  http://t.co/gpCxJJNf8x
Getting back to the original post, Saban came to Will's school and watched him play basketball. That did not stop him from becoming a Hog. I doubt taken a few OVs will change his mind.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Instate kids don't commit and then flip a few months later. I would assume gragg is smarter than that.

1highhog

The way I grew up, without indoor plumbing until I was 15, man, if I'd been a better athelete than I was and could have jumped out of the gym, ala white men can't jump, I would have taken every visit offered and would have been a man whore on every trip.  But if the Hogs had offered, I'd been a Hog, but woulda still went on every trip I could.

jjdlc

Quote from: 1highhog on November 09, 2014, 03:27:37 pm
The way I grew up, without indoor plumbing until I was 15, man, if I'd been a better athelete than I was and could have jumped out of the gym, ala white men can't jump, I would have taken every visit offered and would have been a man whore on every trip.  But if the Hogs had offered, I'd been a Hog, but woulda still went on every trip I could.

Didn't grow up quite that poor, but this pretty much sums up my thoughts.  I didn't get to travel much growing up, Eureka Springs on a church trip was about the limits of my adventures, so I would have absolutely jumped at the chance to see some other places, but when it came down to it, I'd have been a hog, probably even if I would have had to walk on.

Redhogs

Quote from: ArkansasI on November 09, 2014, 12:41:49 pm
We talk about this ad nauseum. If a player is taking visits, then he is not fully committed.

If you think college programs will pay recruits that have not expressed an open interest for a weekend vacation, you are crazy. If Gragg is still offered a trip, then he is telling that coaching staff that his decision is not final.

If a player isn't fully committed to the Hogs, then the Hogs shouldn't be fully committed to the player. It really is that simple.
Thank you.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Speedracer

I understand frustration over stuff like this, but if I was a top athlete, 17-18 years old I would take all 5 of my visits even if committed. I'd have to visit USC, Texas, Miami, etc.  One to make sure I'm making the right choice and two to simply enjoy te spot light a bit and see places I may not have seen before
Like smites bother me.

jjdlc

The problem with the argument, is the same with most arguments around here, it's probably not as black and white as most want to believe.  There are some athletes who take the visits because they aren't 100%, and others who do simply because they want to go see big games in different places. 

Personally, I believe Gragg is 100% Hog.

mizzouman

I don't know about this particular situation.  But, if a player commits and still takes visits, then he is not 100% committed.  He may be 99% committed, but not 100%.

Then the question is...If you are not 100% committed, then why commit?  Some players commit because they want the team to 'hold' a spot for them.  I doubt that's the case here. 

If I had a son that was being recruited like this, I would simply say take all 5 visits, then commit.  Don't commit then take the visits.  It just sends mixed signals to the coaches and basically wastes everyone's time, effort and money.

Redhogs

Quote from: mizzouman on November 10, 2014, 08:07:37 am
I don't know about this particular situation.  But, if a player commits and still takes visits, then he is not 100% committed.  He may be 99% committed, but not 100%.

Then the question is...If you are not 100% committed, then why commit?  Some players commit because they want the team to 'hold' a spot for them.  I doubt that's the case here. 

If I had a son that was being recruited like this, I would simply say take all 5 visits, then commit.  Don't commit then take the visits.  It just sends mixed signals to the coaches and basically wastes everyone's time, effort and money.
One of the few times we have agreed MM.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

redeye

Quote from: mizzouman on November 10, 2014, 08:07:37 am

I also agree, but can only imagine the complaining around here, if Gragg were not already committed.  For that reason, I'm glad he committed before taking all of his visits.

We recently hosted Pat Allen, who's committed to Georgia.  Georgia fans seem unconcerned that he'll flip to Arkansas and that's really how we should be with Gragg.  Of course it could happen, but this is all a part of the process.  It's not fair to expect recruits to commit early and then expect them not to take anymore visits.

1highhog

Quote from: Speedracer on November 10, 2014, 07:37:31 am
I understand frustration over stuff like this, but if I was a top athlete, 17-18 years old I would take all 5 of my visits even if committed. I'd have to visit USC, Texas, Miami, etc.  One to make sure I'm making the right choice and two to simply enjoy te spot light a bit and see places I may not have seen before

Then why in the hell go to Texas?  Been to Austin, you're not missing nothing.  Better places in the SEC.  I guess I could see USC, going to Gainesville or their campus would suck, Bama and Georgia both have nice facilities and nice, uhh, sites they'd introduce a recruit to.  You couldn't pay me to go to Miami, wait, that's how they were getting players to go there for the longest.

HawgFan70

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on November 06, 2014, 12:39:55 pm
Gragg is a Hog 110%

That is not true, if he was 110% he wouldnt be scheduling other visits.  He may be 80% Hog
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

The real Hogules

While I'm thrilled to have the commitment from Will, if he did choose another destination - which I seriously doubt that he will - it would just make room for another recruit at a position of need.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HawgFan70 on November 16, 2014, 05:35:02 pm

That is not true, if he was 110% he wouldnt be scheduling other visits.  He may be 80% Hog
Well golly with all the debate as to whether Gragg's 100%, 110%, 80% or whatever I'll enter my own guess. I say he's 99.9999999013456789% fully committed. Then again I'm only guessing just like the rest of you.

TMc

November 16, 2014, 05:47:53 pm #70 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:11:13 pm by TMc
Quote from: SDZ_Hog on November 06, 2014, 12:32:07 pm
You can sign muliply financial aid agreements and I believe Gragg did.  Puts all the accountablity on the school end.

He didn't sign one with Arkansas - Coach B wouldn't let him.., and I think he put all that nonsense on hold.  However, we are in on a 2016 kid from Texas.., that I  read about elsewhere.  Couldn't figure out why.., now maybe it makes sense.  I mean how many TE's do we need?

Music City Hog

Quote from: TMc on November 16, 2014, 05:47:53 pm
He didn't sign one with Arkansas - Coach B wouldn't let him.., and I think he put all that nonsense on hold.  However, we did have a big time TE in last night from Texas read elsewhere.  Couldn't figure out why.., now maybe it makes sense.  I mean how many TE's do we need?

He was a 2016 kid.

But almost every pass we threw was to a TE so...

TMc

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 16, 2014, 06:08:01 pm
He was a 2016 kid.

But almost every pass we threw was to a TE so...

Ok.., that makes sense.., yep this offense is TE heaven.  BTW.., I will modify my post - not sure he actually came in - just very interested.

Birminghog

Quote from: 1highhog on November 10, 2014, 06:49:25 pm
Then why in the hell go to Texas?  Been to Austin, you're not missing nothing.  Better places in the SEC.  I guess I could see USC, going to Gainesville or their campus would suck, Bama and Georgia both have nice facilities and nice, uhh, sites they'd introduce a recruit to.  You couldn't pay me to go to Miami, wait, that's how they were getting players to go there for the longest.

Austin is a much cooler town than most SEC school cities, even if it is home to the University of Texas (cough, clear throat, spit), especially for young people. Tuscaloosa?  Please! The only thing they have going for them is the strip, and it's not that great unless your aim in life is to stay intoxicated. Athens? Yeah, okay.

bighogonthewall

Quote from: hogfan2000 on November 06, 2014, 08:39:44 pm
So, I'm watching Gragg in Hamburg.  Looks like BL JR here tonight.  32-0 hamburg.  All I can say is Dumas is terrible, and I hope that is the reason Gragg is invisible.  I'm just being honest, you'd never know he was a SEC player by watching him play.  He looks the part, but it doesn't appear he is a men among boys by watching him play like I thought he would be based on the hype.  He kind of looks like he has checked out which I can understand, but if Barry JR is here, you'd think he'd at least get after it. 

Comments like this have me worried about Gragg. I've heard several comments like this. Also my cousin is a coach for the Mcghee Owls and he said they had a 160lb kid pressing Gragg at the line of scrimmage when Mcghee played Dumas. He said Gragg couldn't get off the kid all night. He says Gragg didn't impress him in the least and can't believe he's getting D1 offers.

Has any of you seen Gragg play in a game? Can you give your personal evaluation of him? I would like to hear the kid is a beast and can live up to the hype and then some. I'm having a hard time hearing this tho.  Don't get me wrong, he is an instate kid and I hope he is a beast!!! Wish him all the luck in the world when he suits up in that Razorback uni! I just wondered if you guys may have seen him and can give me some more input on the type player he is?

1highhog

Quote from: Birminghog on November 16, 2014, 08:15:49 pm
Austin is a much cooler town than most SEC school cities, even if it is home to the University of Texas (cough, clear throat, spit), especially for young people. Tuscaloosa?  Please! The only thing they have going for them is the strip, and it's not that great unless your aim in life is to stay intoxicated. Athens? Yeah, okay.

I know Austin very well, still sucks, I'm not a fan of many places in the great State of Texas and it has nothing to do with The University of Texas, I've been all over Texas, or old or New Mexico as it should now be seriously called, and I'm not a fan of the landscape.  Nightlife?  For those liking that kind of living then Dallas would be a good destination, but cities are not for me, I'm a Country boy, cities of any size have no appeal to me.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: bighogonthewall on November 17, 2014, 12:26:18 am
Comments like this have me worried about Gragg. I've heard several comments like this. Also my cousin is a coach for the Mcghee Owls and he said they had a 160lb kid pressing Gragg at the line of scrimmage when Mcghee played Dumas. He said Gragg couldn't get off the kid all night. He says Gragg didn't impress him in the least and can't believe he's getting D1 offers.

Has any of you seen Gragg play in a game? Can you give your personal evaluation of him? I would like to hear the kid is a beast and can live up to the hype and then some. I'm having a hard time hearing this tho.  Don't get me wrong, he is an instate kid and I hope he is a beast!!! Wish him all the luck in the world when he suits up in that Razorback uni! I just wondered if you guys may have seen him and can give me some more input on the type player he is?

Why in the world would any fan worry about something like this?  Several top coaches see things they like in Gragg or they would offer him.  Once he gets to campus either he will continue to progress or he won't.  I have no inside knowledge nor have I seen him play in person but I would bet that he will really do well in college?

Why you might ask would I think that?  The answer is simple.  I believe in the best in people until proven wrong.  Sometimes young men get it immediately, some it takes some time and some never get it but I like the track record of our coaching staff to recruit players who have it and I trust them on this one as well until proven wrong.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 17, 2014, 07:05:44 am
Why in the world would any fan worry about something like this?  Several top coaches see things they like in Gragg or they would offer him.  Once he gets to campus either he will continue to progress or he won't.  I have no inside knowledge nor have I seen him play in person but I would bet that he will really do well in college?

Why you might ask would I think that?  The answer is simple.  I believe in the best in people until proven wrong.  Sometimes young men get it immediately, some it takes some time and some never get it but I like the track record of our coaching staff to recruit players who have it and I trust them on this one as well until proven wrong.

Gragg has the 10 most offers of any recruit this year. Its easy for maybe a handful of coaches to be wrong. But not likely 50 college coaches are wrong.

Plus he is enrolling early. He will get Herbed up before the season.

HawgFan70

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 16, 2014, 05:45:06 pm
Well golly with all the debate as to whether Gragg's 100%, 110%, 80% or whatever I'll enter my own guess. I say he's 99.9999999013456789% fully committed. Then again I'm only guessing just like the rest of you.

Your so funny. When is your next show? I was saying he is not 110 Hog if he was he wouldnt be visiting elsewhere.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

Porkahontas

I'm fine with Gragg taking officials. Let's him see how other schools are recruiting and report back to Bielema. Or it lets him recruit for us while he's there with mutual targets. Or it lets him waste a schools time, resources, and an OV on him instead of another kid who could fly in under the radar.

I'm good with Gragg doing this. Pretty sure we would hear about Bielema being upset about it if it was an issue. Given nothing is being said about it, it leads me to believe Gragg is going in undercover for Bielema.

Plus, who knows, he could walk out of some of these OV's with a new phone, cash, no telling what else and then can still come to Arkansas.

ricepig

Quote from: Porkahontas on November 17, 2014, 07:45:59 pm
I'm fine with Gragg taking officials. Let's him see how other schools are recruiting and report back to Bielema. Or it lets him recruit for us while he's there with mutual targets. Or it lets him waste a schools time, resources, and an OV on him instead of another kid who could fly in under the radar.

I'm good with Gragg doing this. Pretty sure we would hear about Bielema being upset about it if it was an issue. Given nothing is being said about it, it leads me to believe Gragg is going in undercover for Bielema.

Plus, who knows, he could walk out of some of these OV's with a new phone, cash, no telling what else and then can still come to Arkansas.

Eric Dickerson got a Trans Am for the Aggies, and kept it.

bighogonthewall

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 17, 2014, 07:05:44 am

I live in SE AR, my home town plays in same conference as Gragg, so when I'm attending an away game I always ask people what they think of him. No I'm not obsessed with him. He just happens to be the only D1 level player in our conference and he's gonna be a Hog. So yea I ask about him. I just think it's weird that no matter what area of SE AR I'm in, when Graggs name is brought up everyone says the same thing. Any other D1 commits with his amount of hype that's came through in the past and was gonna be a Hog had people slobbering on themselves trying to tell you how awesome the kid is, man amongst boys, a freak of an athlete. With Gragg it's usually negative. Just strikes me as really weird.  You don't find this weird at all?

I understand he has offers and has been evaluated by far greater football minds than mine and they all see something special. Just wonder if they are seeing his god given physical attributes and figure they can get a All American TE out of him with the right coaching and discipline?

1highhog

Quote from: bighogonthewall on November 18, 2014, 03:01:40 am
I live in SE AR, my home town plays in same conference as Gragg, so when I'm attending an away game I always ask people what they think of him. No I'm not obsessed with him. He just happens to be the only D1 level player in our conference and he's gonna be a Hog. So yea I ask about him. I just think it's weird that no matter what area of SE AR I'm in, when Graggs name is brought up everyone says the same thing. Any other D1 commits with his amount of hype that's came through in the past and was gonna be a Hog had people slobbering on themselves trying to tell you how awesome the kid is, man amongst boys, a freak of an athlete. With Gragg it's usually negative. Just strikes me as really weird.  You don't find this weird at all?

I understand he has offers and has been evaluated by far greater football minds than mine and they all see something special. Just wonder if they are seeing his god given physical attributes and figure they can get a All American TE out of him with the right coaching and discipline?

I'm wondering if they're going off of his work he put in while playing at Pine Bluff.  At Dumas, where they're not having much of a Season, it just seems as though he's mailing it in when I've seen him.

HOGINTENNESSEE