Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weather for LSU game

Started by Granny fan, November 05, 2014, 05:49:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

Quote from: The Chief on November 07, 2014, 08:43:55 am
The concession stand should serve corn dogs straight out of the freezer.  Affect those corn dog fans' morale.

During the '95 La-Lafayette game when there was several inches of snow and ice still in the stands from the night before, the concession stands ran out of coffee and hot chocolate.  My wife doesn't like coffee, hot tea, or any other hot beverage but she sure drank the hot chocolate that day.

If it's not windy it may not be so bad, although the older I get the worse my feet handle cold weather.  I'll be wearing my insulated boots, that's for sure.

Beantown Razahback

Extended forecasts starting to mention possibility of freezing rain/ice....we do NOT need that

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on November 06, 2014, 09:53:56 pm
Hope not as cold as the Liberty bowl against E. Carolina.

It was balls cold that game. So cold I got hot chocolate at the concession and it was cold by the time I got back to my seat and I'm not exaggerating.

You must have gone before halftime
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 07, 2014, 06:38:46 am
It was cold! I bet Eddie Money's lips froze from all that lip singing at halftime...................................

The cold and his Botox were a lethal combo

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on November 07, 2014, 12:08:25 pm
Huh?

Not following.

The only thing I can think of that he might mean is it warmed up during the second half and after the Hogs eeked out a victory. I know I felt warmer or at least the cold didn't bother me so much!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 07, 2014, 12:22:21 pm
The only thing I can think of that he might mean is it warmed up during the second half and after the Hogs eeked out a victory. I know I felt warmer or at least the cold didn't bother me so much!

they ran out of it during halftime, so it could not have been bought in the 2dn half.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

threeNout

Been reading some about this mega storm about to hit Alaska.

They may not being to pinpoint precepitation until two or three days out, but that it will be very cold seems pretty likely.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2014, 12:29:40 pm
they ran out of it during halftime, so it could not have been bought in the 2dn half.

Oh ok yeah they did run out.

I went and got some for the wife during a break I think in the middle of the second quarter anticipating a rush at halftime.

We actually stayed through the whole game though, I don't leave once I'm there.

Sat through lightening strikes and monsoon rain against TN several years back, same thing against Ole Miss, cold at the Liberty Bowl, and freezing in the nosebleeds against TN when McFadden went ape shite on them last time gameday was in Fayetteville.

If I go to the trouble of getting myself to the game I'm not leaving unless a tornado blows me out of the stands, much to the dismay of my wife of course.

Edit: You mean gone to the concession. Duh! I thought you meant gone from the game.

Rooka

Gonna make the trip from Jonesboro a rough one if this holds.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on November 07, 2014, 12:38:46 pm
Oh ok yeah they did run out.

I went and got some for the wife during a break I think in the middle of the second quarter anticipating a rush at halftime.

We actually stayed through the whole game though, I don't leave once I'm there.

Sat through lightening strikes and monsoon rain against TN several years back, same thing against Ole Miss, cold at the Liberty Bowl, and freezing in the nosebleeds against TN when McFadden went ape shite on them last time gameday was in Fayetteville.

If I go to the trouble of getting myself to the game I'm not leaving unless a tornado blows me out of the stands, much to the dismay of my wife of course.

Edit: You mean gone to the concession. Duh! I thought you meant gone from the game.

I knew you would get there.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Hogfaniam on November 07, 2014, 02:23:08 pm
I knew you would get there.

Thanks for having faith in me, momma always told me I was special.  ;D

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2014, 12:29:40 pm

That explains it! I'm flabbergasted they didn't run out BEFORE halftime!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 07, 2014, 02:31:17 pm
That explains it! I'm flabbergasted they didn't run out BEFORE halftime!

You're thinking of WMS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogfaniam on November 07, 2014, 03:28:39 pm
You're thinking of WMS

Haha! Are you sure they would have even had it there at all?

(notOM)Rebel123

From weather channel....

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Overtheroadtruckdriver

One person who won't have to worry about getting cold at the game is my sister hoss.  She finally got a cell phone and has been making crank calls like crazy, asking people if they're refrigerator ' s running, call stores and asking if they have prince Albert in a can....she don't understand caller ID at all.  She got locked up tonight and I ain't bailing her out again and neither is farouk.  Her and Suds had tickets to the game (suds won them in a poker game). 

I guess I'll buy them from him and be there with my coveralls on. 

LAHog124

it would make my year to whoop LSU considering that I am surrounded by moron LSU fans and all they do is look at our record and say oh yall suck and none of them have bothered to watch us and see how much we have improved since last year and somehow I know more about their "favorite team" than they do...needless to say we will run the ball down their throats.
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 07, 2014, 03:31:48 pm
Haha! Are you sure they would have even had it there at all?

They had it, but only enough for a Central crowd.

Locutus_of_Boar

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: The Chief on November 07, 2014, 08:43:55 am
The concession stand should serve corn dogs straight out of the freezer.  Affect those corn dog fans' morale.

...haha, and replace the menu signs with "Eskimo Pies" and "Frozen Dog"...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 08, 2014, 09:48:59 am
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=580125.50

Fayettenam 11/15 7PM:  31 degrees and 50% chance of snow.

I can do the cold but can't take the chance of being snowed in at Fayetteville. I've got to work Sunday night. If the chance of precipitation holds then I'll be staying in Texas  :(

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 08, 2014, 04:29:33 pm
I can do the cold but can't take the chance of being snowed in at Fayetteville. If the chance of precipitation holds then I'll be staying in Texas  :(

It won't snow that much, if any at all.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2014, 04:31:34 pm
It won't snow that much, if any at all.

A couple sites were saying sleet as well

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on November 06, 2014, 09:53:56 pm
Hope not as cold as the Liberty bowl against E. Carolina.

It was balls cold that game. So cold I got hot chocolate at the concession and it was cold by the time I got back to my seat and I'm not exaggerating.

You may have been cold, but you weren't as cold as Ben Hartman.