Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How does your confidence level for Saturday's game vs Alabama

Started by BOAR_N2BWILD, October 05, 2014, 02:34:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig Worshipper

Our collective confidence level doesn't matter. It's the team's confidence level I'm concerned about. It seems like they get to the fourth quarter in SEC games and lack the confidence to finish games out.

budcampbellfan

I don't feel good about this game until we are 3 touchdowns ahead with 2 minutes left in the 4th.  'Course they could score 3 or 4 touchdowns even then if we hit the showers early again.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Athog

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 05, 2014, 02:47:35 pm
My confidence level for Saturday = 0%. 2010 = 75%.

2010 had an NFL level QB, a TE better than any we have right now, the best group of WRs we've ever had, and a RB that would be a Pro Bowler if he wasn't backing up a Pro Bowler in KC. That was a very good team. The current one is not. We also had a better coach then, but that's lost on some here.

One thing about it, this coach can do no worse against Alabama. Can he?

jabohog

Seems to me we haven't faired well after bye weeks in the past. Always seem out of sync. I don't know what Bielema's success ratio is after bye weeks, but at least we are at home. Bama got beat by a dang good team Saturday and they will be prepared. We can't give them anything. We will probably stay with them for a half, who knows after that.

latrops

Quote from: Breems on October 05, 2014, 03:35:16 pm
1% for next Saturday as there's always the chance that the entire Bama team will devolve into a group of empty A&W Cream Soda cans that don't play football well.

52-0 again, I suppose.

Meh, they aren't as good as they've been, and we aren't as bad.  Maybe 38-14.

Breems

Quote from: redeye on October 05, 2014, 10:06:18 pm
Yea, I agree that they're stupid, but then I'm not the one pretending we're as bad as last year.  That's the only reason I'm willing to bet this time, because I know you're spitting out more then you can chew.  So, I'm not at all surprised to hear you're not interested.

I'm not pretending we're as bad as last year. We're significantly better (with the same albeit less gruesome results). 

Everyone gets hyped for the Bama game every year and we get pummeled every time. Relatively speaking, both teams are still in the same position with both making slight moves towards neutral ground this year. It won't be 52-0 (that was a reference to the score from the past 2 years), but I suspect a 2-3 TD loss.

That said, an upset is much easier to believe in this year, especially at home.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Pecos Hog

I actually feel pretty good about it this year.   We should be able to play close with them anyway, but Bama's season was ruined last weekend.  And they may not be over that yet.     I'd rather have a bye weekend off after a upset/close loss than not.   

elksnort

Quote from: Breems on October 07, 2014, 09:03:13 pm
I'm not pretending we're as bad as last year. We're significantly better (with the same albeit less gruesome results). 

Everyone gets hyped for the Bama game every year and we get pummeled every time. Relatively speaking, both teams are still in the same position with both making slight moves towards neutral ground this year. It won't be 52-0 (that was a reference to the score from the past 2 years), but I suspect a 2-3 TD loss.

That said, an upset is much easier to believe in this year, especially at home.
Good post, particularly for a guy seemingly leaning towards basketball.

No, good post anyway

Dropkick

Quote from: MSMHawg on October 06, 2014, 02:39:43 pm
Spread right now is Bama 9.5, how about you and I bet 10 grand, I will give you 10.5 and take Bama. Show us all you are a big fan and defender of the Hogs.
Is this cash or the deed to your trailer and grand am title just so I know what there is to gain.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Pigstie

Quote from: dagnamit on October 05, 2014, 03:32:33 pm
Alabama has an awful QB. This might be the only SEC game we play where the Hogs have the best QB.
He completes 70% of his passes and is a running threat. BA  completes 60% and is not. Keep drinking the kool aid.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Dropkick

Spread right now is Bama 9.5, how about you and I bet 10 grand, I will give you 10.5 and take Bama. Show us all you are a big fan and defender of the Hogs.
You won't even show back up in your own bragging betting thread, doubt you would have been good for the ten grand.

Dropkick

This one still makes me chuckle.