Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Nutt to SMU

Started by razorjack12, September 10, 2014, 05:45:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjack12

Pig Worshipper

Hope they have the 6 million for the buy-out.

harrisburghog

Nutt to SMU= A self imposed death penalty.

WardamnHOGGLE

pitbull1

Well they can't get much worse. ;D

razorjack12

I think he is the perfect selection.

He's the opposite of June Jones philosophically and stylistically.

He might actually breathe new life into the program.

lefty08

How good have their recruiting classes been?  They might be good for a season or so
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

twistitup

He already lives in Dallas...why not
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

shotgun7

No way, he is going to hold out for the Vandy job next year.

1highhog

I'd hate to see it, that man doesn't need to destroy anymore young men's lives, he's done enough already.

swinesation

Quote from: 1highhog on September 10, 2014, 06:48:17 am
I'd hate to see it, that man doesn't need to destroy anymore young men's lives, he's done enough already.

Ouch

hoggusamoungus

Pigstie

Quote from: twistitup on September 10, 2014, 06:28:19 am
He already lives in Dallas...why not
I thought he was in New Mexico?
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

1highhog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on September 10, 2014, 06:57:01 am
From General Sports.  Apparently Brando is on his bandwagon.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=574120.0

Brando has always been in Nutts jock, don't understand why.

Hawginthecovers

I don't know.  Maybe Nebraska will actually take him this time.  Can't be worse than Pellini.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hawginthecovers on September 10, 2014, 07:08:57 am
I don't know.  Maybe Nebraska will actually take him this time.  Can't be worse than Pellini.

Dude, I remember when the Pelini rumors to Arkansas was going on. I thought he was terrible, but I decided to watch the Big 10 Championship to give him a chance to win me over.

And CBB's Wisconsin team with their 3rd string QB scored 70 on them. And Pelini is a defensive guy.

jimmur74

Please tell me How Houston has destroyed lives? I understand if you don't like him as a coach but to say that he's destroyed Young Men's Lives is Pure Garbage. Go back and read my posts on Houston. I'm not a fan but sometimes this crap gets ridiculous!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: shotgun7 on September 10, 2014, 06:29:10 am
No way, he is going to hold out for the Vandy job next year.

What makes you think they would hire him......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Brando's love of nutty is one reason why I don't like Brando anymore.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Mike Irwin

Some point out what he did to Mitch Mustain. Robert Johnson is a better example.
Anybody who saw that kid in HS will tell you that he was an outstanding college prospect.

He had an arm, could really zing the football. By the time Nutt got through with him he had trouble completing a 10 yard pass.

How did that happen? Because Nutt never displayed the least bit of confidence in the kid. Nutt said things like, He doesn't have to be a star. He just needs to drive the bus.

How do you think that made him feel? His coach is making public statements comparing him to a bus driver.

The last time I heard anything about Robert Johnson he was struggling trying to find a career. Most QBs in that situation turn to their ex head coach. Robert probably wasn't interested having Nutt suggest that he become a bus driver.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Hawginthecovers on September 10, 2014, 07:08:57 am

You guys understand Pelini has been 9-4 or 10-4 in all 6 seasons at Nebraska, correct?  What I would give to have that at Arkansas.

No way Nutt gets hired at SMU.  They will find someone who is better
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

LRRandy

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 10, 2014, 07:14:54 am
Dude, I remember when the Pelini rumors to Arkansas was going on. I thought he was terrible, but I decided to watch the Big 10 Championship to give him a chance to win me over.

And CBB's Wisconsin team with their 3rd string QB scored 70 on them. And Pelini is a defensive guy.
isn't bielema a defensive guy as well? Hasn't quite shown that way yet has it. 
This is fun, isn't it.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LRRandy on September 10, 2014, 07:34:59 am
We held Nicholls State to 7 points last Saturday!  SEVEN POINTS!   >:(

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: LRRandy on September 10, 2014, 07:34:59 am

Is CBB in his 5th season at Arkansas? Because that was Bo Pelini's 5th at Nebraska.

hogcard1964

Nutt will never coach college football again.  Nor should he.

DeltaBoy

I expect Nutt to land at SMU or Vandy next year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

daprospecta

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 10, 2014, 07:29:12 am
Some point out what he did to Mitch Mustain. Robert Johnson is a better example.
Anybody who saw that kid in HS will tell you that he was an outstanding college prospect.

He had an arm, could really zing the football. By the time Nutt got through with him he had trouble completing a 10 yard pass.

How did that happen? Because Nutt never displayed the least bit of confidence in the kid. Nutt said things like, He doesn't have to be a star. He just needs to drive the bus.

How do you think that made him feel? His coach is making public statements comparing him to a bus driver.

The last time I heard anything about Robert Johnson he was struggling trying to find a career. Most QBs in that situation turn to their ex head coach. Robert probably wasn't interested having Nutt suggest that he become a bus driver.
Came in the same year as RoJo and I still speak to him now.  I remember many players on the team telling him to transfer.  If I'm not mistaken, the team(Alabama A&M?) that put TJ into the NFL wanted him badly.  The system was setup for him but of course he changed positions and the rest is history.

SpanHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 10, 2014, 07:37:13 am
but then again "we" did hold Auburn to only 45 pts. the Saturday before.  Jury is still out on the defense, in fact the whole team.  Interested to see how it will perform against someone more at Arkansas' level like TTU
proud graduate of the U of A 2013

LZH

I guess if Louisville can re-hire Petrino it just goes to show that anything is possible in college athletics these days.  If Dave Bliss could land teams in the Final Four every year he'd have a job tomorrow.

Calling All Hogs

If Nutt gets back into coaching I hope it is with an SEC West team, preferably Auburn.

PonderinHog

Quote from: SpanHog on September 10, 2014, 08:08:18 am
but then again "we" did hold Auburn to only 45 pts. the Saturday before.  Jury is still out on the defense, in fact the whole team.  Interested to see how it will perform against someone more at Arkansas' level like TTU
That Auburn game was an outlier.  AN OUTLIER!   >:(

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: SpanHog on September 10, 2014, 08:08:18 am

Recognizing sarcasm is a requisite for this board.

PonderinHog

IntegrityHog

I am really worried about Houston Nutt.  I posted a thread about the "Sins of Nutt" hanging over the program, but it was moved to Section 8.

Regardless, I hope this proves to be true.  I don't have anything against SMU or their fans, but it would be a huge relief if they locked up Dale with a multi-year contract.

Grizzlyfan

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that H. Nutt doesn't list Mike Irwin as a reference on his resume.

LZH

Quote from: IntegrityHog on September 10, 2014, 08:20:47 am
but it would be a huge relief if they locked up Dale with a multi-year contract.

Why is that?

LRRandy

your kidding right. Turning an analogy about being a bus driver/game manager into an accusation that is was meant literally. Your nutt butt hurt is shining through.
This is fun, isn't it.

DeltaBoy

Nutt could do well enough in SMU to keep the Ponies happy.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LRRandy

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 10, 2014, 07:37:13 am
+1. I stand corrected.
This is fun, isn't it.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: LZH on September 10, 2014, 08:21:45 am
Why is that?

He couldn't be our coach if he was at SMU.  Same with succeeding Long as AD - if he's tied up in Dallas (hopefully with a non-compete clause), we don't have to worry about him taking over for Jeff once he gets promoted.

Hoggish1

Jones to Nutt?  Another death penalty is right!

ifghog

Mike I usually agree with you but I must say you are off base here. I can't stand Nutt but a lot of his former players think he hung the moon. I am sure there are plenty who don't as is with every single coach on the planet!

NaturalStateReb

Yeah.  Packer was thumping for Dan Hawkins.  Such is life with these radio personalities.

I don't see it.  If they're smart, they'll get former UCA coach Clint Conque from Stephen F. Austin.  He's a winner, he's a Texas guy, and the price will be right. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

farmhawg

Quote from: LRRandy on September 10, 2014, 08:22:47 am
your kidding right. Turning an analogy about being a bus driver/game manager into an accusation that is was meant literally. Your nutt butt hurt is shining through.
I think you are just pissed that oswho lost last weekend.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

LRRandy

Quote from: IntegrityHog on September 10, 2014, 08:27:02 am
He couldn't be our coach if he was at SMU.  Same with succeeding Long as AD - if he's tied up in Dallas (hopefully with a non-compete clause), we don't have to worry about him taking over for Jeff once he gets promoted.
three questions.  1. What's it like up there?  2. What dosage do you take?  C. Can I get some?
This is fun, isn't it.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: LZH on September 10, 2014, 08:21:45 am
Why is that?

Well, for one thing, it might kneecap some of the conspiracy theories surrounding Nutt.  Probably not, but it might.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

BillyHog53

Quote from: LRRandy on September 10, 2014, 08:22:47 am
Mike is not butt hurt at all, he is spot on, you don't get nicknames like Quarterback Killa, MOTHO, or Monkey with a Whistle for nothing. He was Lazy, incompetent, and any other word used to describe a program destroyer

TMc

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 10, 2014, 08:01:47 am
I expect Nutt to land at SMU or Vandy next year.

Just my opinion.., but I don't see Nutt going to Vandy to get beat up every week in the SEC.

LRRandy

Quote from: farmhawg on September 10, 2014, 08:29:49 am
I think you are just pissed that oswho lost last weekend.....
extremely disappointed no doubt. You are correct. It has nothing to do with my observation of the statement that was made.
This is fun, isn't it.