Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SMU Coach Jones steps down.

Started by The_Iceman, September 08, 2014, 04:23:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Who would be a good fit there as the next head coach?

Would be nice if they moved to the Big 12 to help rebuild that program.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dr. Starcs

Dwight_K_Shrute

One word on who their next coach might be

Giggity
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hobhog

He was not well liked by their "fanbase", all 500 of them, my wife and inlaws included. He shopped for other jobs, and they were paying him $2MM a year for no results. See ya.

Really would not be surprised if HDN considered, but probably too much damage done to get job.....

Jackrabbit Hog

HDN was mentioned as a viable candidate on the Brando show this morning.  Name being heard the most is Derek Dooley, currently the Cowboys' receivers coach.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PonderinHog

Just get him on that plane this time!

Torqued pork

AllHog90

redeye

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 08, 2014, 04:23:58 pm
Who would be a good fit there as the next head coach?

Would be nice if they moved to the Big 12 to help rebuild that program.

I never liked SMU, so hopefully it's someone bad.

DeltaBoy

June was DOA from the moment the played with ASU!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wild Bill Hog

Dropkick

HognotinMemphis

SMU is smart. They have a smart President and a smart AD. They are perceptive as well. And they are selective. They will not hire Nutt for any leadership position. They see through him like you see through a panel of glass.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.