Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stats from game that stand out

Started by HognotinMemphis, August 31, 2014, 04:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Warning: For those who live in LALA land, please do not read. It will only make you sad.

*Arkansas had 2 yds rushing in 2nd half; (Yes, just 2...as in 1, 2, 3...as in, "two")

*Auburn gained 600 yards for the game, roughly 300 passing and 300 rushing...nicely balanced;

*Ark held scoreless in 2nd half;

*Auburn converted 9 of 14 3rd downs...Hogs converted 2 of 11;

*Auburn completed 73% of its passes for 2 TD's, no INT's and 300 yds passing on only 16 completions, which is avg of nearly 20 yards per completion.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 31, 2014, 04:53:46 pm
Warning: For those who live in LALA land, please do not read. It will only make you sad.

*Arkansas had 2 yds rushing in 2nd half; (Yes, just 2...as in 1, 2, 3...as in, "two")

*Auburn gained 600 yards for the game, roughly 300 passing and 300 rushing...nicely balanced;

*Auburn completed 73% of its passes for 2 TD's, no INT's and 300 yds passing on only 16 completions, which is avg of nearly 20 yards per completion.

Most of us realized this well before 4:53 pm.

Phil D

Anyone who watched the game already knew those stats but thanks for playing.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

ricepig

Someone's trying a little to hard........

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Many people don't like you HIM but you don't sugar coat and you speak the truth.  People tend to get caught up in fantasy land and lose their mind when they make asinine predictions to best auburn at auburn.  This team is not ready to compete.  They will hopefully next year, but we are no where near talented enough to compete with even the middle tier of the SEC.  It's frustrating to see our second half collapse. 

I still back BB and love what he is doing with our O-Line, but 2 yards with our three headed monster at RB Is pathetic.

Allen seems to be ready, he just doesn't have the tools around him yet.  This game would be completely different if hatcher pulled in that catch. 

In BB's defense, he inherited Syria and has to turn it around.

870hogfan

He only post when something negative happens to Arkansas...

ShadowTheHedgehog

3rd down efficiency Hogs 2-11 - Barn 9-14

31to6

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 31, 2014, 05:02:36 pm
I wish ignore hid entire threads. :)

Dark Helmet Hog

We all know the hogs didn't play well in the 2nd half. However, If the receivers catch a few balls it's a different game and the running game opens back up.

Yes. We also know the defense gave up big yards, but they were good enough to keep us tied at the half.

I don't think anyone ever expected us to win this game, so I am not sure what your point actually may be. Auburn and aTm may be the best two offenses in college football right now. We probably won't beat aTm either, but heck just give up on any hope of winning big games the rest of the season? Did you watch any other games? TT almost got beat by UCA. Ole Miss and Mizz did not impress. We still have a legit shot at a winning season. You can be realistic yet remain optimistic for the season. The facts are not all against us.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: 870hogfan on August 31, 2014, 05:02:36 pm

Or when he brags about profiting from selling(scalping) Hog tickets.

OTTER

Sooo, are you trying to make some kind of point?  It's not like this wasn't already known by most folks, and you shed no light or advice on the fix ( which is probably a good thing for Hog fans).
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on August 31, 2014, 05:14:17 pm

I don't think anyone ever expected us to win this game, so I am not sure what your point actually may be.

I am posting on Hogville. This is Hogville. I'm not writing an article on the game for USA Today. This is the place where about 2/3's of posters in all of the threads discussing the prospect of the game predicted a win by the Hogs. I am not making this up or embellishing it. So, do you now understand where I am coming from? If not, go back to sleep.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

(notOM)Rebel123

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Chief Mac

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 31, 2014, 07:03:01 pm
I am posting on Hogville. This is Hogville. I'm not writing an article on the game for USA Today. This is the place where about 2/3's of posters in all of the threads discussing the prospect of the game predicted a win by the Hogs. I am not making this up or embellishing it. So, do you now understand where I am coming from? If not, go back to sleep.

fans of a team predicting a win in the first game of the season.....wow!  We are definitely not like ANY other FANBASE out there
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

jkstock04

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on August 31, 2014, 05:14:17 pm
We all know the hogs didn't play well in the 2nd half. However, If the receivers catch a few balls it's a different game and the running game opens back up.

Yes. We also know the defense gave up big yards, but they were good enough to keep us tied at the half.

I don't think anyone ever expected us to win this game, so I am not sure what your point actually may be. Auburn and aTm may be the best two offenses in college football right now. We probably won't beat aTm either, but heck just give up on any hope of winning big games the rest of the season? Did you watch any other games? TT almost got beat by UCA. Ole Miss and Mizz did not impress. We still have a legit shot at a winning season. You can be realistic yet remain optimistic for the season. The facts are not all against us.

Majority on this board who post had us winning this game.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Oklahawg

I don't recall 2/3rd of HV calling for a UA win. The majority of real fans thought we'd give them a battle for a while but succumb to superior talent and depth. That is about how it played out.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Dark Helmet Hog

It is clear now. Your post was simply to antagonize. Good luck with that.

FootballFanatic89

TBH, most fans should go in with the mindset of hope of winning (if not, are you truly a fan?)...the baffling thing is when fans say they are going to kill a team without any rational reasoning to it. I work with a couple of hog fans and they told me that they think they will beat us (that is fine) because we were lucky last year and Auburn luck will run out this year (What?!). There is no substance to it. You guys did play great in the first half though.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on August 31, 2014, 07:12:25 pm
It is clear now. Your post was simply to antagonize. Good luck with that.

He makes a habit of that. Sad way to go through life.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Wildhog

Don't you still owe money to people on this board?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

texas tush hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 31, 2014, 07:10:43 pm
I don't recall 2/3rd of HV calling for a UA win. The majority of real fans thought we'd give them a battle for a while but succumb to superior talent and depth. That is about how it played out.

Finally, an accurate assessment of last week.

razorjack12

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 31, 2014, 07:10:31 pm
Majority on this board who post had us winning this game.
IN the season predictor contest, less than 1/3 had us winning.   So I don't know where you come up with that>?

jkstock04

Quote from: razorjack12 on August 31, 2014, 07:58:58 pm
IN the season predictor contest, less than 1/3 had us winning.   So I don't know where you come up with that>?
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=572386.100
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DoctorSusscrofa

So there were only 5 stats in the game? Man, how weird is that.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

HiM is a bit high on his percentage of Hogs fans on here declaring an Arkansas win.  However, there was enough to realize how out of touch us posters can be much of the time. 

It isn't enough that many of you declared the big win, but you often tried rubbing it in a bit along the way, often picking on us who were not buying in.  Well, being reasonable and as it turns out, also correct, in believing we would not win the game should not be considered not being a true fan or being idiot either.

We got our ass kicked by a superior team.  We stayed close for a half by being so fired up and playing a team without their leader.  Once we leveled off and the leader came in, we were done. 

I so wanted to believe.  I played my Grandson for 5 grocery dollars and took the Hogs and 21 points.  You saw how that went.

We got a very long way to go to be a respectable team or coaching staff.  We at least got 11 more opportunities to practice both staff and players. 

Piggfoot

You are absolutely wrong. Only 26 % of Hogville posters said they thought Arkansas would win. I don't believe that many would bet on the Hogs straight up.
If they did they bet with their heart and not their head.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Uberanubis

Quote from: Piggfoot on August 31, 2014, 08:57:34 pm
You are absolutely wrong. Only 26 % of Hogville posters said they thought Arkansas would win. I don't believe that many would bet on the Hogs straight up.
If they did they bet with their heart and not their head.

yes but how many thought that we would cover the spread? a lot of broke people today. if I was a betting man I would have bet the hogs to cover. good thing im not, because I was taught AGAIN to listen with my head and not my heart.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

lasthog

I had talked myself into believing it would be a close game,  but after seeing aTm Thursday night I formed the opinion that we were further behind several top teams in the conference than I had realized. We are improving.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on August 31, 2014, 07:09:00 pm
fans of a team predicting a win in the first game of the season.....wow!  We are definitely not like ANY other FANBASE out there
Really? When the team you are opening your season against won the SEC last year and played a close game in the NC game? And it is at their place? And Hogs coming off a 0-8 SEC year, and Auburn is a 21 pt favorite? And they still predict a win? Okay. If that is normal, I am glad I am not normal.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 31, 2014, 07:10:43 pm
See the prediction thread and one or two others. I did not do a firm count but it was more than half. But whatever.

Bebop

We should have: 1) covered the spread or 2) scored in the second half. We did neither. I didn't think we were going to win. I was filled with optimism in the first half and confusion in the second half.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Wildhog on August 31, 2014, 07:39:05 pm
Don't you still owe money to people on this board?
Good point. I will stop posting comments on football games until I pay the guy for Obama winning the 2012 election. Thanks for keeping up with that for me.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 01, 2014, 12:04:28 pm
Really? When the team you are opening your season against won the SEC last year and played a close game in the NC game? And it is at their place? And Hogs coming off a 0-8 SEC year, and Auburn is a 21 pt favorite? And they still predict a win? Okay. If that is normal, I am glad I am not normal.

Seriously? God forbid anyone form an optimistic opinion of their team before the season starts. Have you been appointed the official pee boy for everyone's Post Toasties? Is it really that imperative that everyone must share your negative outlook, or do you just enjoy antagonizing? Probably both.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 01, 2014, 12:11:19 pm
Seriously? God forbid anyone form an optimistic opinion of their team before the season starts. Have you been appointed the official pee boy for everyone's Post Toasties? Is it really that imperative that everyone must share your negative outlook, or do you just enjoy antagonizing? Probably both.
When it's ludicrous, it may be answered. If you post something without foundation, do so at your own risk. If you don't like being responded to, you should not post on the internet. Simple. And if you want to share my outlook for this program this year, I couldn't care less. Same if you do not want to share it.

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 01, 2014, 12:15:43 pm
When it's ludicrous, it may be answered. If you post something without foundation, do so at your own risk. If you don't like being responded to, you should not post on the internet. Simple. And if you want to share my outlook for this program this year, I couldn't care less. Same if you do not want to share it.

You do seem like quite the realist. What is your pre-assessment on the tech game?

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 01, 2014, 12:15:43 pm

Ludicrous and without foundation is a matter of opinion. As far as not caring, your posts suggest otherwise.

MuskogeeHogFan

Arkansas ran 25 times for an average of 6.8 yards per carry in the first half and had an average completion of 7.1 yards per reception.

That dropped off signficantly in the second half due to poor offensive adjustments. The problem wasn't execution in the second half as much as it was poor halftime adjustments, IMO.
Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 01, 2014, 12:04:28 pm

Ok, so we shouldn't predict an SEC win until? We we in an SEC game? Looks like we'll be waiting to win a game until the rest of the SEC goes winless in the conference. That's a solid plan. Makes mathematical sense.

Fans are fans. We expect the worst and hope for the best. But talking about the worst makes you a defeatist. And the worst thing for a program is defeatism in the media, stadium and recruiting.

Maybe you should call Liz and tell her to hang it up for the rest of her life. Blindly expecting your team to win is just being a fan.

This is my non-signature signature.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 01, 2014, 12:23:42 pm
Arkansas ran 25 times for an average of 6.8 yards per carry in the first half and had an average completion of 7.1 yards per reception.

That dropped off signficantly in the second half due to poor offensive adjustments. The problem wasn't execution in the second half as much as it was poor halftime adjustments, IMO.

I have to disagree with this somewhat. While I agree we could have ran more, if a few key passes are caught the run game really opens up. They were daring us to throw and we couldn't get it done.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 01, 2014, 12:05:55 pm
See the prediction thread and one or two others. I did not do a firm count but it was more than half. But whatever.

So you didn't do a firm count, but you know it was over a specific amount? 
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on September 01, 2014, 12:19:50 pm
You do seem like quite the realist. What is your pre-assessment on the tech game?
Not a ton of info to go on but it's a far away road game and Tech likes to sling it around and that is what we do worst...pass rush and cover receivers. Should be high scoring, and we don't win shootouts very often. Unless we run for 500 yards, I don't think we win.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 01, 2014, 12:23:42 pm

Really? I thought Auburn adjusted very well to our offense at the half.

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 01, 2014, 01:21:27 pm
Not a ton of info to go on but it's a far away road game and Tech likes to sling it around and that is what we do worst...pass rush and cover receivers. Should be high scoring, and we don't win shootouts very often. Unless we run for 500 yards, I don't think we win.

Fair Enough. I truly think it will be a shoot out. I also believe Tech will negate the pass rush of Arkansas because the QB will get the ball out of his hand fairly quickly with their air raid. I believe Arkansas will run the ball at will at times, but here and there you are going to have to make plays through the air. I find it funny when fans say they are going to kill this and this team after a loss. Every game is its own puzzle, unless you are playing a team with dramatically less talent.

secfan30

Watched the game, already know this. I suppose it's never to soon for a history lesson.