Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 1 Prediction Thread

Started by threeNout, August 23, 2014, 08:09:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AubFaninArk

With the exception of Missouri and LSU, Auburn held every opponent below their average.  Our defense was much maligned, but Ellis Johnson defenses always show significant improvement.  I think we will be good enough on D to win a lot of games.

lefty08

Quote from: AubFaninArk on August 24, 2014, 08:18:55 pm
With the exception of Missouri and LSU, Auburn held every opponent below their average.  Our defense was much maligned, but Ellis Johnson defenses always show significant improvement.  I think we will be good enough on D to win a lot of games.

Their average what? Points?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HogFanatic

What I found interesting was that in our game with Auburn last year, Arkansas actually ran like a dozen more plays than Auburn did.

Auburn's defense wasn't very good against Arkansas at all, but Arkansas just couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

I have a feeling it won't go that way again this year.

Pigstie

The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

lefty08

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 24, 2014, 08:20:43 pm
What I found interesting was that in our game with Auburn last year, Arkansas actually ran like a dozen more plays than Auburn did.

Auburn's defense wasn't very good against Arkansas at all, but Arkansas just couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

I have a feeling it won't go that way again this year.

We gave them 2 gifts, one I remember was an int in their endzone. These predictions of 40 to 50 points scored by them must be counting on their offense being worlds better. If thats the case why cant our offense be wirlds better?  Im telling u guys if BA can just be an average qb we score lots o points in this one
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Phil D

We are all well aware of Ellis Johnson's defense. But a 4-2-5 is not particularly good against a power run team it is designed and works best defending spread option teams, hogs will run over around and through that defense just like last year, but without the mistakes and self inflicted damage from our own defense. alot of Awburn fans gonna be crying after this one. :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

AubFaninArk

Based on this thread, that will shock a lot of Arkansas fans too.  Maybe it will...maybe it won't.  That's why we play em.

AubFaninArk

Quote from: Phil D on August 24, 2014, 08:28:54 pm
We are all well aware of Ellis Johnson's defense. But a 4-2-5 is not particularly good against a power run team it is designed and works best defending spread option teams, hogs will run over around and through that defense just like last year, but without the mistakes and self inflicted damage from our own defense. alot of Awburn fans gonna be crying after this one. :razorback:

Highly doubt you see a straight 4-2.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Auburn cannot and will not take this game seriously and we will be jacked to the moon.
We have more talent than people think.

Ground Hogs go wild.

Arkansas-37
Auburn-24

peachy

Quote from: Phil D on August 24, 2014, 08:12:17 pm
Auburns depth lol not on defense, especially.

Auburn is actually much deeper on defense this year than last year.  This team will be far better all around in comparison to 2013.  I think its Arkansas fans that are underestimating just how good Auburn is going to be this year.  This will be the best offense in Auburn history.  I have zero doubt Auburn will score a minimum of 40 points in this game.

cypert2

Swinging on the two and the four.

ap89

lefty08

Quote from: peachy on August 24, 2014, 09:34:09 pm
Auburn is actually much deeper on defense this year than last year.  This team will be far better all around in comparison to 2013.  I think its Arkansas fans that are underestimating just how good Auburn is going to be this year.  This will be the best offense in Auburn history.  I have zero doubt Auburn will score a minimum of 40 points in this game.

Are we actually outnumbered on our own board now?  This sure is fun!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 24, 2014, 10:34:22 pm
and anyone who thinks we have a snowball's chance in Hades needs their head checked too.
Do you actually watch football?

The better teams lose quite often in this sport.  That's the awesomeness of the game.

How many games was Auburn actually favored in, preseasons, last year?
All Gas, No Brakes!

alohawg

Quote from: peachy on August 24, 2014, 09:34:09 pm

Zero doubt huh- did you wager a bundle?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

RazorFlix

Vegas is projecting the score to be around 40 Auburn 21 Hogs.  Sure, anything can happen and we could certainly win but Vegas is right more often than not.

I hope the Hogs win but realistically the majority of predictions are looking through Hog colored glasses.  Very, very thick glasses. 

GoHogs1091

Quote from: sigpooie on August 24, 2014, 08:42:10 am
Clemson vs. Georgia    Clemson  14    Georgia  24

It would be very surprising if Georgia held Clemson to only 14 points.  Clemson is loaded at Wide Receiver and at Tight End.  Additionally, Clemson's probable new starting QB has played quite a lot in the past, and here was his stats last season during the 2013 season.

47-59 passing for 415 yards and five touchdowns against no interceptions in 116 snaps over eight games ... completed 79.7 percent of his passes (best in the nation with a minimum of 50 attempts and best in Tiger history with that minimum) and had a 166.7 pass efficiency rating.

Over his career, here is his stats.

86-119 passing for 742 yards and eight touchdowns against one interception in 287 snaps over 22 games in his career ... has completed 72.3 percent of his passes and has a 145.1 pass efficiency rating ... has 107 yards and two touchdowns on 29 carries ... second in school history in passing efficiency.

DeltaHog66

verticalhog

lefty08

Quote from: RazorFlix on August 25, 2014, 12:15:07 am
Vegas is projecting the score to be around 40 Auburn 21 Hogs.  Sure, anything can happen and we could certainly win but Vegas is right more often than not.

I hope the Hogs win but realistically the majority of predictions are looking through Hog colored glasses.  Very, very thick glasses.

Thats one of the biggest fallacies in sports imo. Anyone remember the cliffhanger game on the price is right? When you are given a spread of 18 points that gives you a 37 point range for you to be "right". Vegas isnt necessary right more than anyone else, they just have a bigger margin for error.

Steef

Kingfish

Quote from: lefty08 on August 25, 2014, 06:13:39 am
Thats one of the biggest fallacies in sports imo. Anyone remember the cliffhanger game on the price is right? When you are given a spread of 18 points that gives you a 37 point range for you to be "right". Vegas isnt necessary right more than anyone else, they just have a bigger margin for error.

And I thought Vegas' lines were sketchy for the first couple of games...I've always noticed they get much better with their predictions as the season progresses.

27-25 HOGS...counting on an ODDball ending.  They get a 2pt conversion and recover an onside kick with under a min to play but we block their FG att with no time on the clock...something like that :)

MJ2

peachy

Quote from: alohawg on August 24, 2014, 10:47:14 pm
Zero doubt huh- did you wager a bundle?

This will be the best offense Auburn has ever fielded.  Better even than the 2010 offense that score over 60 on Arkansas.  I dont think they'll score that much this year because Arkansas will do all they can to keep the ball out of Auburns hands but Auburns defense is going to be much improved over last year and much deeper.  The passing game will be just as dangerous as the running game.  Watch out for a kid named Duke Williams.  He's already a projected first round draft pick and he hasnt played a down for us yet. 

dbhog

Unfortunately, I don't think our young linebackers are ready.  Auburn easily 49-28.

litmachog

HawgsBreath

I'm not a prophet nor the son of a prophet. With that said:
According to my heart
Arkansas    23
Auburn      21
We win the turn over battle + Defense will be the surprise of the year.

My Head
Arkansas    23
Auburn      28
We play them tough but depth becomes an issue.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about."

lefty08

Quote from: peachy on August 25, 2014, 07:55:14 am
This will be the best offense Auburn has ever fielded.  Better even than the 2010 offense that score over 60 on Arkansas.  I dont think they'll score that much this year because Arkansas will do all they can to keep the ball out of Auburns hands but Auburns defense is going to be much improved over last year and much deeper.  The passing game will be just as dangerous as the running game.  Watch out for a kid named Duke Williams.  He's already a projected first round draft pick and he hasnt played a down for us yet.

That best ever business is complete b.s.

DLUXHOG

Arkansas 41
Auburn 10

Hogs defense is night and day from last year and almost shut Auburn out of end zone...
Hogs running backs cut it loose behind a crazy good offensive line...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Ironhawg

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

EastexHawg

Auburn 38
Hogs 20

We allowed a remarkable 65% of opponents' passes to be completed last year.  Marshall isn't exactly Joe Montana, but I still expect Auburn receivers to be open most of the night. 

Maximus Tusk

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 24, 2014, 10:34:22 pm
and anyone who thinks we have a snowball's chance in Hades needs their head checked too.
I want Dr. Ben Carson to look at mine... :)

three hog night

The defense we employ this year incorporates press coverage, so we will limit the passing game, hold coverage enough to allow the Dline to get to the passer.  Marshall will hurt us scrambling from the rush, but we will make him uncomfortable in the pocket.  They have a good Oline but we have a pretty Dline.

The AU defense gets way too much credit when they have so much turnover in their secondary.   The passing game is going to be a bigger part of our offense this year, which goes right into the weakness of the AU defense.   Our improved passing game is going to benefit the run game via play action AND it will keep the safeties from playing so much run support.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

AugustaHog

AU 27-20.  My head not my heart.  I think we hang tight and a late TD gives us hope but we don't get the stop needed at the end.

yocdaddy

Hogs 34 Auburn 31

Auburn's defense will be on the field a really long time by the fourth quarter.  The Tigers are likely to overlook us a bit and not be as mentally ready as we are going to be.  I think they start flat and their late rally falls short.

Our T.O.P. will be nearly double theirs.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Phil D on August 24, 2014, 08:28:54 pm

4-2-5 if we win at the point of attack will allow us to drain the clock. More worried about our defense then theirs honestly.
This is my non-signature signature.

jimhog

Auburn 31                                                                                                                              Arkansas 14

razorbackkid

Quote from: jimhog on August 25, 2014, 03:32:29 pm
Auburn 31                                                                                                                              Arkansas 14
I see you left a lot of room for margin of error.  :)
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: jimhog on August 25, 2014, 03:32:29 pm

You're a bucket of giggles aren't you?   I think you're missing a class, first day too.... not a good sign of things to come for you....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

inhognation

Auburn 34
Hogs 21

I think we are better and will get better throughout the year, but playing the #6 team on the road is a tough way to start (Even though we have beat Auburn 3 out of the last 4 at Auburn)

Maybe the ghost of Fred Talley will show up.

sowmonella

Hogs 38 Aubbie 34

[attachment deleted by admin]
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: sowmonella on August 25, 2014, 04:12:00 pm
Hogs 38 Aubbie 34

I wanna see what these guys have when they smell blood in the 4th Quarter. Might be fun to watch. Just sayin
This is my non-signature signature.

ThisTeetsTaken

31-27 HOGS!   Gus is a cheater.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hollywood_HOGan45

lefty08

Quote from: estuman on August 25, 2014, 09:40:16 am

Umm, What?  Auburn ran 8 pass plays. Gus was trying to send a message about the whole "American Football vs the Spread" ....     by running it up the gut. Arkansas knew what was coming and couldn't stop it. Auburn will be better this year, has the SEC's best WR duo with the SEC 1st team QB, stout OL and improved D.
I don't think Gus will play any games this year.

Auburn 45
Arkansas 20

Arkansas gets a late TD against AU's backups to make the score appear closer than it actually was.

yeah his message was clear last year, "we cant pass unless its playaction"  that was loud and clear. and now we are to believe your juco guy is jerry rice, and your rb playing qb is a heisman contender, go home

lefty08

1HourToHogville

Hogs win 35-28
No self inflicted damage like last year.