Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallet is a TEXAN

Started by Porked Tongue, August 31, 2014, 12:34:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty

Wayne Watson

Go, Texans....except against the Cowboys.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

If Mallett were starting and playing against the Saints I would be rooting for the Texans. And I have never in their history (1967) I believe - rooted against them. I'm a Mallett homer and hope to see him do great in Houston.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PositronHog

More from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000386515/article/patriots-trade-ryan-mallett-to-houston-texans

The article states "It's a much better situation for Mallett, who no longer has to look up to a living legend on the depth chart."

"The Dallas Cowboys were also in talks with the Patriots for Mallett, according to Rapoport."

PositronHog

Would have loved to see the cowboys get him..... Darn it....................

pigture perfect

To  me it just became the Bradiots. NE fans would not have sat still for someone to unseat Tom.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

MissippHog

ricepig

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 31, 2014, 05:27:31 pm
So Jerry Jones wanted to draft Manziel and regrets not doing so and now gets Mallett. Romo better be looking over his shoulder. Seems like Jerry might be getting an itchy trigger finger.

Jerry owns the Texans??

sickboy

Quote from: threeNout on August 31, 2014, 02:06:59 pm
So what does Houston's WR corp look like?  have they got any good deep threats?

I hope they utilise RM's vertical game.

One of the best receiving groups in the NFL

Pig In The City

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 31, 2014, 12:50:34 pm
What took the Texans so long? This was an obvious solution back before the draft even happened. Now they wait for Mallett to not have much time to learn the offense and develop timing with the players.

Because they were waiting to see if he was going to be cut .

Bebop

Glad for Mallett. I'm glad I don't have to cheer for the Pats.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Squealers on August 31, 2014, 02:12:47 pm
THIS ^^^^^^^ They were waiting the outcome of the B/U QB Battle.
I think this was predetermined and they just held on in case of an injury.

poloprince

Time to go to work RM  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

clutch

Quote from: sickboy on August 31, 2014, 05:31:54 pm
One of the best receiving groups in the NFL

Plus Foster at RB.

All the Texans were lacking was the QB. If you look at their roster you would wonder how any QB wasn't winning there. Their defense should be nasty too with both Watt and Clowney on the ends. Great situation for Ryan. He landed on a team that he should be able to win and make a run with.

Fatty McGee

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

twistitup

Mallett will love Houston

threeNout

Quote from: twistitup on August 31, 2014, 06:56:39 pm
Mallett will love Houston

I hope Houston will love Mallett.

I hope the coaches let him use his arm.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Bebop on August 31, 2014, 06:24:54 pm
Glad for Mallett. I'm glad I don't have to cheer for the Pats.
Jake is still there.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

I bet Mallett's parents are thrilled with where he landed.
He'll only have 1 week to work with this team. And most likely won't get many reps at all. Hopefully, he's a quick learner. If Ryan Fitzpatrick plays well Mallett may not see the field much this year. But he's got a lot better shot at Houston than he ever had at NE.

seasonhog

Quote from: hoglady on August 31, 2014, 07:20:38 pm
I think he got cut.

Jake, Jake from State Farm..........what are you wearing Jake...............

Yes Jake is cut......it is a numbers game.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

twistitup

Quote from: threeNout on August 31, 2014, 07:16:37 pm
I hope Houston will love Mallett.

They will....it's all 'screwed' up down there - he'll fit right in. Mallett needs the south, Boston wasn't a good fit.

Gentlemen, if all your willing to give for a player whom you believe is being pursued by 2 other teams is a 6th or 7th round pick next year, you aren't much believing he is likely to become your starter anytime soon. 

I think this is a situation where O,Brien sort of knows Ryan and hopes he got a steal but if not, he didn't pay much for the effort.  Should Ryan make a really good #2, he got a steal.  A jump to #1 is likely more depending on Fitz being a bust than Ryan being the immediate real deal. 

I do believe this is an opportunity for Ryan to put up or shut up.  I doubt Ryan got cut because the new Guy was better.  More likely because he was as good as Ryan for the job the Pats needed covered.

Hogarusa

Quote from: 12247 on August 31, 2014, 07:52:32 pm
Gentlemen, if all your willing to give for a player whom you believe is being pursued by 2 other teams is a 6th or 7th round pick next year, you aren't much believing he is likely to become your starter anytime soon. 

Agreed.  It's also confusing what role the Cowboys and Bills played in trade talks.  A conditional 7th round draft pick in 2016 seems real easy to beat

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Wayne Watson on August 31, 2014, 02:33:41 pm
Go, Texans....except against the Cowboys.
True. Ryan just needs to play. Hope this turns out great for him.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

seasonhog

Quote from: SamBuckhart on August 31, 2014, 08:50:02 pm
True. Ryan just needs to play. Hope this turns out great for him.

talking heads on....

NFL TOTAL ACCESS, just had some good comment on Ryan......

said he know Houston playbook better then the QB's on the team now.......& should start right away.

said Houston has better receivers & running back then NE has, a solid offense & defense line.

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: seasonhog on August 31, 2014, 10:05:02 pm
talking heads on....

NFL TOTAL ACCESS, just had some good comment on Ryan......

said he know Houston playbook better then the QB's on the team now.......& should start right away.

said Houston has better receivers & running back then NE has, a solid offense & defense line.

Doubtful....

Mallett is set up for success right now....what he does with this opportunity remains to be seen.

BigPapaHawg

Great news! Good luck Ryan!
WOO PIG

verticalhog

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 31, 2014, 01:52:12 pm
Completely agree with all of this.  Brady will get hurt and they will have Garoppolo to fall back on.  He is not the answer. 

I really think their run is about to come to an end.

I LOVE this move for Mallett and Houston.  Hope they start him right away (or very shortly).

Actually, their run came to an end 10 years ago.  They last won the Super Bowl after the 2004 season (game was in Fed of 2005).  They won't win another one any time soon.

wstill3

Quote from: threeNout on August 31, 2014, 02:06:59 pm
So what does Houston's WR corp look like?  have they got any good deep threats?

I hope they utilise RM's vertical game.

A guy named Andre Johnson........

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: wstill3 on August 31, 2014, 11:32:21 pm
A guy named Andre Johnson........
a guy who is hurt all the time.  DeAndre Hopkins is going to be good

Brer Hog

Future Hall of Famer Andre Johnson - a freak!  Healthy to start the season. Johnson will appreciate a talent like Mallet! 

I would not be surprised if this were the plan for weeks!  Andre Johnson was lobbying to be traded because Houston had no worthy QB and would be rebuilding, then all of a sudden he comes to camp a week late but like nothing ever happened, saying he was excited about the new system Bill O'Brien was going to install.  Happy as the day he was the number one draft choice. Why?  Could it be that he knew Mallet was coming even before the pre-season started.  Houston could have drafted Garrapollo and had him high on their draft board reportedly, but they allowed New England to draft him instead. Could there have been a deal even before the draft?  Rumors were rampant around Houston that Bill O'Brien wanted Ryan Mallet before the draft. Houston needed but didn't draft a QB capable of starting, taking Tom Savage as a 4th rounder.  Mallet will likely start as soon as learns the plays.   Fitzpatrick is not the pure passer that the Houston receivers will benefit from the most. Mallet is!  This is one happy Texans fan.  Mallet will love Houston and if he plays like he is capable, Houston will love him.  Also, Mallet is showcased on the Houston Texans board much of it as a Razorback. This a big deal to the Texans apparently.  www.houstontexans.com

threeNout

Texan fan reactions from TexanTalk message board.

most seem pretty happy.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105996

seasonhog

Quote from: Brer Hog on September 01, 2014, 02:50:30 am
Future Hall of Famer Andre Johnson - a freak!  Healthy to start the season. Johnson will appreciate a talent like Mallet! 

I would not be surprised if this were the plan for weeks!  Andre Johnson was lobbying to be traded because Houston had no worthy QB and would be rebuilding, then all of a sudden he comes to camp a week late but like nothing ever happened, saying he was excited about the new system Bill O'Brien was going to install.  Happy as the day he was the number one draft choice. Why?  Could it be that he knew Mallet was coming even before the pre-season started.  Houston could have drafted Garrapollo and had him high on their draft board reportedly, but they allowed New England to draft him instead. Could there have been a deal even before the draft?  Rumors were rampant around Houston that Bill O'Brien wanted Ryan Mallet before the draft. Houston needed but didn't draft a QB capable of starting, taking Tom Savage as a 4th rounder.  Mallet will likely start as soon as learns the plays.   Fitzpatrick is not the pure passer that the Houston receivers will benefit from the most. Mallet is!  This is one happy Texans fan.  Mallet will love Houston and if he plays like he is capable, Houston will love him.  Also, Mallet is showcased on the Houston Texans board much of it as a Razorback. This a big deal to the Texans apparently.  www.houstontexans.com

You could very well be right........I also have thought the same thing........

Fatty McGee

Andre Johnson stays because they're getting New England's 3rd stringer?  And the plan is to not get him until the end of preseason? C'mon guys.

Hogarusa

Quote from: Brer Hog on September 01, 2014, 02:50:30 am

Quote from: Fatty McGee on September 01, 2014, 09:58:19 am
Andre Johnson stays because they're getting New England's 3rd stringer?  And the plan is to not get him until the end of preseason? C'mon guys.

Proper reply by Fatty.

+1 for the creativity but in the words of the ESPN NFL football crew, cmon man! 

The Divine Swine

Quote from: Fatty McGee on September 01, 2014, 09:58:19 am

referring to Mallett as third stringer is just idiotic. Not calling you an idiot, just these articles saying JG beat out RM is just pathetic. Had they kept all three Mallett would be the main backup.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: The Divine Swine on September 01, 2014, 10:13:40 am
referring to Mallett as third stringer is just idiotic. Not calling you an idiot, just these articles saying JG beat out RM is just pathetic. Had they kept all three Mallett would be the main backup.

Maybe. Let's say that at his cost and where he was in his contract he was less valuable than the guy they kept.

The Divine Swine

Additionally, what people are not considering is Garropolo has more recent, recent game I.e. live game experience than Mallett. Beilicheat used Mallett, but shot himself in the foot by not giving him more playing time in more mop up duty and giving him more play in preseason games. Mallett barely got to play at all. Had Belicheat managed that situation better then he would have gotten more for Mallett. Nobody can just practice only for three or four years and not need some real live game time to acclimate to and knock the rust off to play up their potential. That is all this is. Mallett just needs to play.

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The Divine Swine on September 01, 2014, 10:30:31 am
Additionally, what people are not considering is Garropolo has more recent, recent game I.e. live game experience than Mallett. Beilicheat used Mallett, but shot himself in the foot by not giving him more playing time in more mop up duty and giving him more play in preseason games. Mallett barely got to play at all. Had Belicheat managed that situation better then he would have gotten more for Mallett. Nobody can just practice only for three or four years and not need some real live game time to acclimate to and knock the rust off to play up their potential. That is all this is. Mallett just needs to play.
The thing is, Brady still remembers how HE got the job...

The Divine Swine

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 01, 2014, 10:32:18 am
The thing is, Brady still remembers how HE got the job...

exactly, but the coach should have insisted Mallett get some snaps in real situations over the years.

seasonhog

Quote from: The Divine Swine on September 01, 2014, 10:13:40 am

some people don't like Mallett........seem to be the same people who did not like BP.

I guess they don't like winners.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The Divine Swine on September 01, 2014, 10:34:46 am
exactly, but the coach should have insisted Mallett get some snaps in real situations over the years.
I hope this change of scenery works well for Mallett and the Texans.  Knock the rust off and get on with the show.  He's healthy and the QB position is there for the taking.