Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey Arkansas fans

Started by WarDamnPlainsmen, August 27, 2014, 01:06:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WarDamnPlainsmen

AU fan here. I just wanted to say good luck this weekend and I believe y'all have a more talented team than most people give you credit for. I for one have money on Ark at +21 and I was shocked when I saw the spread. Also, I've been reading posts on this forum all week and I've come to the conclusion that "freshprince83" is either a troll or a bammer trying to make us true AU fans look bad. However, I haven't met any bammers that are clever enough to pull that off.

For those of y'all coming to the game, please stop by "tailgate guys" tent #96 for a free beer (or ten). I'll be there, it's in the middle of the green space just southeast of the stadium.

Wildhog

Thanks for not being a dong.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ldfergu

Offering free beer to the opposing fan base deserves a +1

Hogeration

trashcan maN

Can we trade a couple of our regular Auburn posters for this guy? 2 for 1

jkstock04

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 27, 2014, 01:11:28 pm
I sometimes think those guys are plants to drive traffic.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wildhog on August 27, 2014, 01:07:26 pm

Both of THESE....
This is my non-signature signature.

Hog Fan from Camden

This.  Should be an entertaining game!

LRHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 27, 2014, 01:12:19 pm
I sometimes think those guys are plants to drive traffic.

Kind of like Tiger Bait.

Lanny

There are no plants on here, we don't need plants
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

ifghog

I will say Auburn fans are pretty cool. I have been to the plains twice now. Very nice and welcoming fans. The Oxbakers of the world aren't the norm there I don't believe.

Wildhog

Quote from: ifghog on August 27, 2014, 01:25:57 pm
I will say Auburn fans are pretty cool. I have been to the plains twice now. Very nice and welcoming fans. The Oxbakers of the world aren't the norm there I don't believe.

I wish they were all like Ox.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Kig

War, good first post.  We ALWAYS respect fans from other teams that don't just open accounts to troll and recognize that this should be fun, win or lose. 

The vegas line is representative of the reality that your team finished 13 seconds from continuing the SEC dominance against at team that didn't win a conference game last year.  Those facts and the reality that vegas doesn't really care about the score as much as placing a line that balances out the money on both sides... their margin is in the "juice" paid.  This is going to be a much better game than the national media could ever imagine and I think it will actually be within 3 points either way. 

Your offense is well designed, despite all the moaning you'll hear from some of our fans, and will produce yards against just about any opponent.  Our Defense is much improved from last year, but still may not be able to completely stop your offense (hopefully we will when you get in the Redzone).  Our Offense was hamstrung last year for a variety of reasons and I think it will produce yards and be much more balanced than teams will expect.

Wish I was coming down to the game... will be in Birmingham, but will have to settle for watching it.  One thing that truly separates tailgating in the SEC from other conferences is the absolute hospitality demonstrated by most of the fans.  Every team has their lunatic fringe, which taints the image to the outsider, but the vast majority are just like you... willing to post the actual location and invite opposing fans to stop by for some spirited discussion over some spirits. 

Good luck... sorta.  I hope that your team represents themselves well and has no injuries that keep them out of future games (although I do hope we ring some bells and see your training staff on the field multiple times walking players off the field). 
Poker Porker

The Kig

Quote from: Lanny on August 27, 2014, 01:21:32 pm

Too true... we have plenty of our own "fans" that need a pep talk from Stuart Smalley.
Poker Porker

The NewEra

This guy deserves a 4 for 1 split.  Classy post!

Rooster Hogburn

Quote from: Lanny on August 27, 2014, 01:21:32 pm

I'd say the same thing
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

onebadrubi

Quote from: WarDamnPlainsmen on August 27, 2014, 01:06:23 pm
AU fan here. I just wanted to say good luck this weekend and I believe y'all have a more talented team than most people give you credit for. I for one have money on Ark at +21 and I was shocked when I saw the spread. Also, I've been reading posts on this forum all week and I've come to the conclusion that "freshprince83" is either a troll or a bammer trying to make us true AU fans look bad. However, I haven't met any bammers that are clever enough to pull that off.

For those of y'all coming to the game, please stop by "tailgate guys" tent #96 for a free beer (or ten). I'll be there, it's in the middle of the green space just southeast of the stadium.

Great to have some good people from other teams come through here to discuss the games with. 

I would like to ask a question however, and I hope we can keep it civil. 

What is your honest belief for punishment on Marshall?  What is the good headed Auburn fans saying they expect too see? 

+1 for coming by, come on here more often and wade through the bad ones, be forgiving to the hog fans that are tired of it, and in the end we can all gain good info from it!

razorbackkid

He thinks our team is better than advertised and giving away beer.  Dude is alright in my book.

+1 for WarDP
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

cosmodrum

Hey look, AU fans AREN'T all knobs.

Go away, batin'

LZH

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on August 27, 2014, 01:09:37 pm

Yes it does.

code red

Never.....ever offer "Free Beer" to Hogville Peeps....you may have to take out a loan!!!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Maximus Tusk

Well played WarDamnPlainsman...well played. +1 to you sir

trashcan maN

WarDamn, wanna give us a rundown of your thoughts on the game?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 27, 2014, 02:02:35 pm
Hey look, AU fans AREN'T all knobs.

Every fanbase has knobs and not knobs........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WarDamnPlainsmen

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 27, 2014, 02:17:45 pm
WarDamn, wanna give us a rundown of your thoughts on the game?

I'll give it a shot but it probably won't be anything y'all haven't heard before.

The thing that killed Arkansas last year were the turnovers and timely (but rare) passing plays by AU. Arkansas will be able to move the ball and eat up tons of clock. If Ark can finish drives in the red-zone throughout the game they will be in it till the end. If our defense has similar schemes to last year, they will be playing to not give up the big play, and try to make a stop in the red-zone to give up 3 points instead of 7.

On offense for AU, losing Mason should make the run game slightly less effective. He was the perfect RB for read options. Corey Grant will still provide the lateral threat and open the middle up for our "every down back" Cameron Artis-Payne. I think both teams will be able to run effectively. However, I think AU will come out throwing to try and catch Ark off guard and put them on their heels. Nick Marshall's interest in the devil's lettuce might be the best thing that happened to open up the passing game for AU. Jeremy Johnson is a better passer than Marshall and I think our offense will want to show off our two likely NFL bound receivers. Johnson is the real deal when it comes to passing. I just hope he can remain calm in front of the crowd during a sold out conference game season opener.

If I had to pick a score I'd say something along the lines of 31-21 AU, with the advantage in the passing game. But I admit I have an obvious bias and an ignorance about many of the Arkansas players.

Phil D

I wouldn't mind trading a couple of our own alleged fans for this guy lol :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WarDamnPlainsmen on August 27, 2014, 02:47:05 pm
I'll give it a shot but it probably won't be anything y'all haven't heard before.

The thing that killed Arkansas last year were the turnovers and timely (but rare) passing plays by AU. Arkansas will be able to move the ball and eat up tons of clock. If Ark can finish drives in the red-zone throughout the game they will be in it till the end. If our defense has similar schemes to last year, they will be playing to not give up the big play, and try to make a stop in the red-zone to give up 3 points instead of 7.

On offense for AU, losing Mason should make the run game slightly less effective. He was the perfect RB for read options. Corey Grant will still provide the lateral threat and open the middle up for our "every down back" Cameron Artis-Payne. I think both teams will be able to run effectively. However, I think AU will come out throwing to try and catch Ark off guard and put them on their heels. Nick Marshall's interest in the devil's lettuce might be the best thing that happened to open up the passing game for AU. Jeremy Johnson is a better passer than Marshall and I think our offense will want to show off our two likely NFL bound receivers. Johnson is the real deal when it comes to passing. I just hope he can remain calm in front of the crowd during a sold out conference game season opener.

If I had to pick a score I'd say something along the lines of 31-21 AU, with the advantage in the passing game. But I admit I have an obvious bias and an ignorance about many of the Arkansas players.

Seems like a good analysis to me except there is always the "untimely" penalty or turnover that can make a huge difference in any game as well as special teams.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: WarDamnPlainsmen on August 27, 2014, 02:47:05 pm

Biggus started this thread for comments just like this.  Would you mind putting it in there?  I think he's on to something with the thread, and you posting reasonable comments would be a good thing.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=572764.0

Thanks for the good words. 

HogWildBison2011

I met some great Auburn fans on a cruise and they were pleasant to be around. The bama fans not so much. We always enjoy a good discussion with other fans without being ridiculous.

WarDamnPlainsmen

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 27, 2014, 01:57:10 pm
Great to have some good people from other teams come through here to discuss the games with. 

I would like to ask a question however, and I hope we can keep it civil. 

What is your honest belief for punishment on Marshall?  What is the good headed Auburn fans saying they expect too see? 

+1 for coming by, come on here more often and wade through the bad ones, be forgiving to the hog fans that are tired of it, and in the end we can all gain good info from it!

The AU fans are pretty split on what Marshall's punishment should be. I've seen everything from "pull his scholly" to "let him start". Personally I think we will see Johnson 1 or 2 series and then let Marshall take over. I know the school rule for the first failed drug test is no loss of playing time but includes mandatory counseling and frequent drug tests. After the second failed test AU has one of the more harsh punishments in the SEC (loss of half the season). 3rd failed test and you are kicked off the team. I understand that he is a high profile player and should be setting an example, but I would feel like a hypocrite by giving a harsh punishment to someone for something that I partook (partoked?) in multiple times in college. However, if Marshall does something like this again, it shows he has no control and is extremely stupid for throwing away a shot at a Heisman type year.

lefty08

Quote from: WarDamnPlainsmen on August 27, 2014, 03:10:50 pm
The AU fans are pretty split on what Marshall's punishment should be. I've seen everything from "pull his scholly" to "let him start". Personally I think we will see Johnson 1 or 2 series and then let Marshall take over. I know the school rule for the first failed drug test is no loss of playing time but includes mandatory counseling and frequent drug tests. After the second failed test AU has one of the more harsh punishments in the SEC (loss of half the season). 3rd failed test and you are kicked off the team. I understand that he is a high profile player and should be setting an example, but I would feel like a hypocrite by giving a harsh punishment to someone for something that I partook (partoked?) in multiple times in college. However, if Marshall does something like this again, it shows he has no control and is extremely stupid for throwing away a shot at a Heisman type year.

I know the AU handbook says no loss of PT, but this is a kid at his 2nd SEC school and to me the rules dont necessarily apply to treat him as a first time offender. Either way, i dont want excuses so i hope he plays often
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: ifghog on August 27, 2014, 01:25:57 pm

The times we have traveled to Tuscaloosa for Hogs VS Bama games, all Auburn fans have been super nice and we got several Go Hogs along the way.

Hollywood_HOGan45

What he said.

Usually Don't get non- douchey posts from Auburn fans.

The Kig

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 27, 2014, 04:16:26 pm
The times we have traveled to Tuscaloosa for Hogs VS Bama games, all Auburn fans have been super nice and we got several Go Hogs along the way.

LOL,  I see what you did there...
Poker Porker

1highhog

Good opening post WarDamnPlainsmen.  After the game Saturday, win or lose, make sure you come back and visit again, especially during our Bama week and the week y'all play Bama.  We have a couple of Auburn trolls here on Hogville I'd sure like to see us be shed of, but as some others have pointed out, I think they are just plants to keep traffic up or they would have been banned along time ago.  But it's refreshing to have a fan from an opposing fan base come here and have a civil discussion on the game and both sides still get along with one another.  Also, thanks for the invite to your tailgate, I may have to take you up on that.

ZERO

I really miss that T_I_G_E_R troll. He trolled the right way. That is, funny and entertaining. Oxbaker is hit or miss, but I don't mind him most of the time.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on August 27, 2014, 01:09:37 pm

There's 3 Baptists with a quick -1 coming at you... LOL..!  +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

GolfnHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 28, 2014, 08:21:19 am
There's 3 Baptists with a quick -1 coming at you... LOL..!  +1

And 3 Methodists & 3 Presbyterians with +1's of their own!! 8)
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"