Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SDS Film Study breaks down Arkansas

Started by Deep Shoat, August 06, 2014, 11:56:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Shoat

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/bielema-run-game-will-restore-arkansas-football/

Be patient, Arkansas Razorback faithful; Coach Bret Bielema will have your wonderful program restored to all its wonderful glory in little to no time.

While it may look bleak at the moment, your coach's propensity for building a top-notch team — by way of being physically dominant on both sides of the ball — is already underway. His 68-24 record at the University of Wisconsin should not be sneezed at (albeit in the inferior B1G 10 Conference).

With the advent — and I use that term loosely — of spread offenses we mustn't lose sight that the game will always be decided in the trenches. Even up-tempo, spread offenses like Texas A&M and Auburn's are piloted by legit NFL talent across the offensive lines. And those same teams are laden with future NFL personnel at the running back position — which is something Bielema knows a tad bit about.

Let's face it; not many do offensive lines — and running backs for that matter — like Coach Bielema.

Moving forward, expect the program to become one of the most physical in the country as Bielema gets a couple of recruiting classes under his belt — especially on defense. But we do know he has the talent on offense to surprise a lot of people in the very near future (and that's not counting future star Korliss Marshall).

Patience is the key, Razorback fans.
All Gas, No Brakes!

razorbackkid

I believe the "being physical" part will start to show this year. :razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Something positive written about our program.  Very refreshing!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

PorkSoda

as long as cheney/BB remember who the work horses of this offense are, I think we will have a good year.

Even if BA, is improved, this offense needs to be built around the running game.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Deep Shoat

Does anyone find it interesting that a positive article, posted after August 1, is roundly ignored?

I mean, really?  4 replies to a very solid article?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Bubba's Bruisers

I buy it.  I especially like that the author recognizes that our offense can be very good real soon, while the defense will take some time.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 06, 2014, 05:12:42 pm
Does anyone find it interesting that a positive article, posted after August 1, is roundly ignored?

We actually discussed it in this thread, too.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=571449.0

Jek Tono Porkins

Good article.

Collins is such an interesting running back. He doesn't have great speed, isn't all that physical, but he is very shifty and his vision is incredible.

Williams is a bruiser that guys just don't want to deal with.

Have Collins get a few nice runs, beat the defense down with Williams, and then gash them with Korliss.

Throw in a decent passing game and our offense is ready to roll.

The jury's still out on the defense. I think the defense will be improved but it still won't be SEC-ready.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Biggus Piggus

Great handle. You didn't even have to modify it to make it relevant.
[CENSORED]!

hoglady

That's pretty encouraging.
Brando also picked up to win 6 games on Bo's show today.
It is nice to see some positive press for a change.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

bphi11ips

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 06, 2014, 05:12:42 pm

Been saying the same thing here myself since Bielema arrived, even when we were getting our heads handed to us last year.  Said Petrino was turning us into a mid-major the first time he signed a dozen receivers from all over the country.  Even the media gets it now. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hogpkins

Good article. I know I like it because it is something positive for a change, but I also like it because it is factual. CBB has a really great track record with a proven philosophy, and one bad season doesn't erase that. The SEC has been a tougher conference, but the B10 wasn't THAT far behind to wash away his accomplishments.

It's okay for the extra-Arkansas media to resort to some positive facts sometimes. I know all about the 0-8 fact.

Theolesnort

Quote from: razorbackkid on August 06, 2014, 12:01:10 pm
I believe the "being physical" part will start to show this year. :razorback:
It started showing the last two or three games last year, the problems that prevented us from winning those was mental not physical. I heard through the grapevine that LSU was stunned by our physical nature last year, something they did not expect from a winless SEC team.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

razorbackkid

Quote from: Theolesnort on August 07, 2014, 11:22:54 am
It started showing the last two or three games last year, the problems that prevented us from winning those was mental not physical. I heard through the grapevine that LSU was stunned by our physical nature last year, something they did not expect from a winless SEC team.
True, I think we'll be even more physical all across the field.  I think Auburn may be in for a surprise.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

mhsbc59

i ready do believ this from what i am seeing its tough being patient
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011