Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Roster Released

Started by The_Iceman, August 01, 2014, 12:17:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Hawg Red

Hannahs and Harris both with #2, though I guess it doesn't matter since Hannahs isn't playing this year and Harris is a senior.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

-Blu

Some things that caught my eye. 

Jabril Durham is actually "smaller" than Beard according to this.  I thought he was 6'1 or 6'2.... but they list him as only 6'0 184.  Also, Trey Thompson 6'9 275, that can't be right, unless that was during his High School season or something, in the picture with him and Portis together a couple of days he doesn't look much bigger than Portis, I would have said he was like 260 at the most.

And finally why didn't everybody take a picture like Madden, he looks likes he's ready to handle some business this year.

The_Iceman

Kinda wish Trey Thompson would have picked a number like #50 instead of #1. I guess #1 is more slimming ;)

ArkansasI

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 01, 2014, 01:29:01 pm
Kinda wish Trey Thompson would have picked a number like #50 instead of #1. I guess #1 is more slimming ;)
I was thinking the same thing!  :)

I know it doesn't matter, but I was hoping he'd pick a linebacker number - like 44 or 55.  It was an attitude thing from my perspective.

I suppose I could offer him props for thinking he can carry the No. 1.

Kevin

glad to see the pictures were taken in our official color.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

Quote from: Kevin on August 01, 2014, 03:02:10 pm
glad to see the pictures were taken in our official color.

Its to match to new website, i guess.

Adam Stokes

It's scary how much Dusty Hannahs looks like Justin Bieber.

-Blu

Hogimus Prime

I wish they'd list Wiliams at 6'9"

Birminghog

Portis looks to me like he's saying, "Come on up in here, peni, I got sump'n for ya!"

Big Nasty 34

Any notable changes in weight from last year?

daprospecta

Quote from: Birminghog on August 01, 2014, 11:52:20 pm
Portis looks to me like he's saying, "Come on up in here, peni, I got sump'n for ya!"
I'm only 29 and I get this reference.  Rest in peace Pryor.

Hogimus Prime

Hannahs is channeling his inner Warren Linn with his hair.

Poker_hog

Potentially the strongest roster since the 90s
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

The_Iceman

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 02, 2014, 09:05:47 am
Potentially the strongest roster since the 90s

Agreed. The bench looks very strong. A unit of Beard, Bell, Miles, Williams, and Kingsley will bring length, energy, and a scoring punch.

SemperFi

Probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. Why are there no positions listed for Harris, Miles, Portis, Thompson and Williams? Are they considered to be a F/C?

I'm probably showing my low basketball IQ here, but the roster does look as impressive as I've seen in several years. Love our size at the G position and it looks like we now have the size to defend the front court. Opposing teams will be unable to just bull their way inside and will have to depend on hitting that mid-range jumper.

Hopefully, from a talent standpoint, we have enough to make a run this year and show these recruits that Razorback basketball is beyond just on the rise, but is in the here and now.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

JonClaudeVanHam

Trey's face looks significantly less pudgy than the last time I saw him. If Anderson found a way to keep him that heavy but make it muscle then he will be a big help.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

RazorAg

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on August 03, 2014, 09:56:37 am
Trey's face looks significantly less pudgy than the last time I saw him. If Anderson found a way to keep him that heavy but make it muscle then he will be a big help.

Saw him yesterday, and he's leaned up in places, which I expected.  It will take him at least a year of commitment to get where he needs to be physically.

PonderinHog

Quote from: SemperFi on August 03, 2014, 08:31:54 am
Probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. Why are there no positions listed for Harris, Miles, Portis, Thompson and Williams? Are they considered to be a F/C?

I'm probably showing my low basketball IQ here, but the roster does look as impressive as I've seen in several years. Love our size at the G position and it looks like we now have the size to defend the front court. Opposing teams will be unable to just bull their way inside and will have to depend on hitting that mid-range jumper.

Hopefully, from a talent standpoint, we have enough to make a run this year and show these recruits that Razorback basketball is beyond just on the rise, but is in the here and now.
I think CMA calls them all either guards or forwards.

farmhawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 01, 2014, 12:29:08 pm
Hannahs and Harris both with #2, though I guess it doesn't matter since Hannahs isn't playing this year and Harris is a senior.
Hannahs is #3.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

mbgrulz

Quote from: PonderinHog on August 03, 2014, 11:09:32 am
I think CMA calls them all either guards or forwards.
Players don't want to be called posts anymore. That not 'cool' to most of them.

Hawg Red

Polecat

I had kinda forgotten about Babb and Miles. Hopefully they can contribute this year
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

-Blu

Quote from: Polecat on August 04, 2014, 11:00:15 am
I had kinda forgotten about Babb and Miles. Hopefully they can contribute this year

I think Miles will be a significant contributor next year, as far as Babb, I'm interested to see, I think him and Thompson and going to have the hardest time trying to get playing time, just because of the guys they are behind in the rotation.  Babb is behind Madden and Bell at the 2-guard spot, and Thompson is behind Portis and Kingsley at the 5-spot. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on August 04, 2014, 01:07:05 pm
I think Miles will be a significant contributor next year, as far as Babb, I'm interested to see, I think him and Thompson and going to have the hardest time trying to get playing time, just because of the guys they are behind in the rotation.  Babb is behind Madden and Bell at the 2-guard spot, and Thompson is behind Portis and Kingsley at the 5-spot. 

I agree with this. Babb will probably be watching and learning this season. Which isn't a bad thing. I think he has the size and talent to develop into a nice 2-guard down the road.

Wild Bill Hog

Does Babb's height include his hair?

bruisemeister

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 01, 2014, 01:29:01 pm
Moses Malone was #2 for the 76ers back in the day. He was 6'10 260. He looked good with that number.

swinesation

mbgrulz

Quote from: swinesation on August 05, 2014, 12:19:01 pm
Really? I'd say he won't play much.
I'd agree with that...I think he sees minimal minutes this season. Not that he won't develop and help us later on, but when you have a deep frontline like ours, I don't see a lot of minutes for him this season. He'll play, but it'll be sparse.

Foshodo

if either of the new PG's take hold of the spot, i wonder who suffers minutes between Madden/Bell/Qualls? even if Anderson does sub in/out heavy someone is still going to get shorted.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Foshodo on August 05, 2014, 06:21:35 pm
if either of the new PG's take hold of the spot, i wonder who suffers minutes between Madden/Bell/Qualls? even if Anderson does sub in/out heavy someone is still going to get shorted.
Great point...Managing players' attitudes will be a big deal for our coaching staff. There are a lot of guys who are likely expecting a lot this year. They will need to be ready to do less in some cases for the better of the team.

-Blu

Quote from: Foshodo on August 05, 2014, 06:21:35 pm

None of those guys will suffer minutes lost, Madden and Qualls minute will be similar to minutes last year, if not more, and Bell will almost certainty see a spike in his minutes, he was really starting to come on late in the season.

We were discussing in another thread how the minutes would break down.  A few different perspectives/opinions in that thread, but you can get an idea on how it can all work out.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=571062.0

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: swinesation on August 05, 2014, 12:19:01 pm
Really? I'd say he won't play much.

He'll play in a role where we need rebounds.  I'm tell y'all, this kid is gonna get cheap buckets.