Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who gets the minutes

Started by Tick Hog, July 31, 2014, 09:43:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tick Hog

With this being Anderson's deepest team yet there should be some good competition for playing time.

We lost:
Clarke 22
Gulley 18
Wade 14
Haydar 12
Scott 8

What I see when looking at what we lost is pretty good on the ball defenders in Gulley and Wade. I'm curious to see which of our guards will be able to fill these roles.

I'm thinking:

Durham 23    Bell 20            Watkins 4
Madden 25    Beard 13         Babb 4
Qualls 25      Miles 10          Thompson 4
Harris 18      Williams 10
Portis 25      Kingsley 20

We all know that Bell has the potential to fill it up but he got lost at times on defense. I don't know much about Watkins or Babb but if they can play D I figure there may be minutes to be had

Whatcha got ?

-Blu

Just from what I've read from the scrimmages/summer practices and after listening to CMA's press conference here is my guess at the minutes per position.

1 - Durham (18), Beard (12), Madden (10)
2 - Madden (15), Bell (20), Babb (3), Watkins (2)
3 - Qualls (25), Williams (10), Babb (2), Miles (3)
4 - Harris (18), Miles (14), Portis (8.)
5 - Portis (18), Kingsley (19), Thompson (3)

Minute breakdowns

Portis - 26 MPG
Qualls - 25 MPG
Madden - 25 MPG
Bell - 20 MPG
Kingsley - 19 MPG
Harris - 18 MPG
Durham - 18 MPG
Miles - 17 MPG
Beard - 12 MPG
Williams - 10 MPG
Babb - 5 MPG
Thompson - 3 MPG
Watkins - 2 MPG

I think we'll see mostly a 10-11 man rotation.  And depending on situation, foul trouble, and matchups we'll see a little bit of Babb, Thompson, and Watkins every now and then. 

Breems

Portis and Madden will likely average 28-30, especially Madden while we figure out the new guards.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

poloprince

This is the best team we have had in very long time. It is better than Pelphrey's first team.  I'm expecting some major noise this season barring any injuries.  Minutes will not matter to these guys, they seem to get along very well.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Ethan2010

Beard could easily see 10-12 min a game.

-Blu

Quote from: Breems on July 31, 2014, 11:28:54 am
Portis and Madden will likely average 28-30, especially Madden while we figure out the new guards.

They should definitely see games with that many minutes, and even more.  As far as averaging that, it's going to be tough, you gotta factor in cupcake games that will be blowouts and the CMA traditional "messing with lineups" in the non-conference.  There may be some non-conference games, like it was last season where our main guys play less than 20 minutes.  And with this team I fully expect us to be blowing out some of those lesser SEC teams at home as well, so when it's all said and done at end of season, I think it'll be tough to average that many minutes with the amount of guys CMA plays.