Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question. I heard a soundbite in which CBB was saying that we aren't there yet

Started by Country Stylz, July 28, 2014, 08:27:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Country Stylz

as far as where we want to be and it may take a couple more recruiting classes. Does that mean he doesn't think we have a chance down on the plains? I hope that's not the case. I want to take our underdog team down there and pull off a great Razorback upset. In the scoarching heat at 3:30. Where only the team that really wants it will survive. Who wants it more during the heat of two-a-days? Who wants it more when the sun is beating down midway through the game? Can we out tough them? Out nasty them? And beat them on their homefield? I hope the coaches think we can because I believe we can if we want it enough between now and then.

(notOM)Rebel123

He's a coach who went to 3 straight Rose Bowls....are we to that standard?....nope.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 28, 2014, 08:28:54 pm
He's a coach who went to 3 straight Rose Bowls....are we to that standard?....nope.

I'd really like to go to the Rose Bowl, preferably in a NC game.

Bacons Rebellion

Looking at the roster and our expectations, I certainly hope we are "not there yet." I do not want this to be "there."

Country Stylz

Just in case you are wondering I am drinking TW Samuels tonight as it gives me that extra push of confidence. I think our boys should have a taste 30 min before gametime. So we can really bring the funk.

Country Stylz

But seriously y'all don't think we can beat Auburn? We looked good at LSU last year. We should be better. Auburn didn't run over us last year. We can beat em cant we? Or should we bow down to Gus and present our women and life savings to him as we beg for mercy?

RazorbackJAC

Arkansas Football.  It's the players running through the "A".  It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "Woo Pig Sooie!"  It's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other.  Those select few who put on the jersey are ... chosen.  They wear the colors.  They pay the price, and they succeed.  They are exceptional.  They are RAZORBACKS!

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Country Stylz

root_hawg

HVHog

lou holtz was a master at downgrading the team right before we kicked an opponents butt.

Country Stylz

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on July 28, 2014, 08:31:56 pm
Looking at the roster and our expectations, I certainly hope we are "not there yet." I do not want this to be "there."
I'm tired of waiting three years for a good team. We are gonna beat some people this year. We are gonna ambush UGA in Little Rock. Only a few games left and us War Memorial crazies know it. Georgia doesn't escape Little Rock. And you know what else. When you people from up north talk bad about War Memorial it really hurts my feelings. It's a special place to me and my family. Real talk.

root_hawg

I like WMS as well but money talks and BS walks...the stadium charging rent, getting part of other sales as well ... not cool.   They want the hogs playing there, rent free plus all other revenue to the university.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Country Stylz

Quote from: root_hawg on July 28, 2014, 08:53:30 pm
I like WMS as well but money talks and BS walks...the stadium charging rent, getting part of other sales as well ... not cool.   They want the hogs playing there, rent free plus all other revenue to the university.
if they played there rent free.. I think that would be awesome. Would show the rest of the state that this is till your team, and we want you around. It's the states team. How long has the entire state supported the Hogs. One game isn't too much to ask but they will take them all soon. When that happens I know you northerners won't care. It's gonna hurt a lot of people down here that have been hog fans forever. We'll get over it and support the team because that's what we do. We'll drive up and help fill that stadium.

BatesvilleHOG

Bielema is right in saying we a still a few years behind from being where he wants us to be, which is contending for SEC championships. He has experience building a championship program and I'm more than glad he has at the helm of our ship leading the way because like him or not, he's doing a damn good job putting us on the right track to where we need to be.

root_hawg

Country Stylz

Quote from: root_hawg on July 28, 2014, 08:53:30 pm
Is it making the UA go broke? Aren't they doing quite well in spite of this? I think so. They aren't going broke. It's about more than money. Now greed, that's another story. Greed is a bad word. Just dismissing the average fan from the Delta as if they never mattered. That's what I have a problem with.

Bebop

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on July 28, 2014, 09:12:24 pm
Bielema is right in saying we are still a few years behind from being where he wants us to be, which is contending for SEC championships. He has experience building a championship program and I'm more than glad he has at the helm of our ship leading the way because like him or not, he's doing a damn good job putting us on the right track to where we need to be.

If "few" is define as "three," then a few years would be almost the length of his contract, assuming that we count the "few" after this year. Color me unimpressed if we are not contending for something by then.

root_hawg

Are you referring to the greed by the WMS commission who charges the state team to use a state facility?

Country Stylz

Quote from: root_hawg on July 28, 2014, 10:41:18 pm
Are you referring to the greed by the WMS commission who charges the state team to use a state facility?
I said greed was a bad word. Maybe the commission could exclude that fee. Not like anything else is going on there.

chitwnhog

I remember a coach I had telling the team to not believe anything he said in the media, that we should just do our jobs and not think about what he said because what he said in the media had no bearing on what we as a team needed to do.

popcornhog

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 28, 2014, 08:39:38 pm
But seriously y'all don't think we can beat Auburn? We looked good at LSU last year. We should be better. Auburn didn't run over us last year. We can beat em cant we? Or should we bow down to Gus and present our women and life savings to him as we beg for mercy?

Of course we could beat Auburn. But win or lose that game -- we will have a better team two years from now. We're not yet where we want to be.
WPS

1highhog

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 28, 2014, 08:27:21 pm
as far as where we want to be and it may take a couple more recruiting classes. Does that mean he doesn't think we have a chance down on the plains? I hope that's not the case. I want to take our underdog team down there and pull off a great Razorback upset. In the scoarching heat at 3:30. Where only the team that really wants it will survive. Who wants it more during the heat of two-a-days? Who wants it more when the sun is beating down midway through the game? Can we out tough them? Out nasty them? And beat them on their homefield? I hope the coaches think we can because I believe we can if we want it enough between now and then.

We're not there yet, it's easy to see what he's talking about here.  He means we're not to the point talent wise and depth wise to compete week in and out with the best the SEC has to offer.  We're getting there with this staff, 1 1/2 seasons of a total rebuild does not put us where we need to be.

Cinco de Hogo

Are we there yet, no.  Can we beat Auburn, yes we can.  They real question is will we, who knows.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 28, 2014, 08:39:38 pm

Are you going to be upset if we get slaughtered by auburn and start saying we are the same as last year?    Auburn is coming off a national championship appearance.  We are going to their home. They are returning the same QB that took them to the national championship game.  If you think we can win then you are a person that is very optimistic and I hope that you don't lose your mind when we lose games that we should.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 29, 2014, 06:35:49 am
Are you going to be upset if we get slaughtered by auburn and start saying we are the same as last year?    Auburn is coming off a national championship appearance.  We are going to their home. They are returning the same QB that took them to the national championship game.  If you think we can win then you are a person that is very optimistic and I hope that you don't lose your mind when we lose games that we should.

So you think everyone who thinks we can win, not will win I remind you, will melt down, freak out and disown the team huh?  Every single Razorback Fan in the world has seen their share of losses, I don't see that one more would end the world.  Lighten up on the negative nancy stuff.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 28, 2014, 09:07:40 pm
if they played there rent free.. I think that would be awesome. Would show the rest of the state that this is till your team, and we want you around. It's the states team. How long has the entire state supported the Hogs. One game isn't too much to ask but they will take them all soon. When that happens I know you northerners won't care. It's gonna hurt a lot of people down here that have been hog fans forever. We'll get over it and support the team because that's what we do. We'll drive up and help fill that stadium.

A great stadium debate the week practice starts.........................Unbelievable.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 29, 2014, 06:51:50 am
A great stadium debate the week practice starts.........................Unbelievable.
Two of them, actually.

hogcard1964

texas tush hog

We weren't there yet in 1968 but had a better record than 1969 and 1970 when we were there. We weren't there yet in 1977 but was better than 1978 when we were there. You could say the same thing about 1964 and 1975 but we weren't bad those years either. Sometimes teams arrive a year early. Look at the 1968 Ohio State team.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 28, 2014, 08:51:12 pm
I'm tired of waiting three years for a good team. We are gonna beat some people this year. We are gonna ambush UGA in Little Rock. Only a few games left and us War Memorial crazies know it. Georgia doesn't escape Little Rock. And you know what else. When you people from up north talk bad about War Memorial it really hurts my feelings. It's a special place to me and my family. Real talk.

Word i feel ur pain bra
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

hogcard1964

Quote from: texas tush hog on July 29, 2014, 08:17:50 am
We weren't there yet in 1968 but had a better record than 1969 and 1970 when we were there. We weren't there yet in 1977 but was better than 1978 when we were there. You could say the same thing about 1964 and 1975 but we weren't bad those years either.

Didn't the '78 team have a bit of a hiccup against Houston and ended up in the Fiesta Bowl against UCLA?

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

1highhog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 29, 2014, 06:47:55 am
So you think everyone who thinks we can win, not will win I remind you, will melt down, freak out and disown the team huh?  Every single Razorback Fan in the world has seen their share of losses, I don't see that one more would end the world.  Lighten up on the negative nancy stuff.

I didn't see him being a negative nancy, and may I remind you, things like that come August 1st, may get you some vacation time by way of Lanny or one of the Mods.  They've given us all fair warning to stop the name calling, you may want to heed their warnings, I've had a mini vacation, I would not want to experience a permanent one.

And to answer your question, yes, it's just that sort of thing that causes some to flip out and start calling for the Coaches head, calling our players losers, when or if they lose the 1st game of the season when they have 11 more to go.  That stuff chaps my hide and these are the posters that need some time to chill out.

hogcard1964

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 29, 2014, 09:01:21 am
The Rose Bowl does not host the NC game.  It's in Jerry World.

Um, oh, ok, thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression it would rotate annually. Glad I didn't go and make a fool of myself around the water cooler and get banned this weekend...

bp

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: 1highhog on July 29, 2014, 08:39:07 am
I didn't see him being a negative nancy, and may I remind you, things like that come August 1st, may get you some vacation time by way of Lanny or one of the Mods.  They've given us all fair warning to stop the name calling, you may want to heed their warnings, I've had a mini vacation, I would not want to experience a permanent one.

And to answer your question, yes, it's just that sort of thing that causes some to flip out and start calling for the Coaches head, calling our players losers, when or if they lose the 1st game of the season when they have 11 more to go.  That stuff chaps my hide and these are the posters that need some time to chill out.

NM

PonderinHog

Quote from: BorderPatrol on July 29, 2014, 09:03:26 am
Um, oh, ok, thanks for the clarification. I was under the impression it would rotate annually. Glad I didn't go and make a fool of myself around the water cooler and get banned this weekend...

bp
That Jerry Jones feller is a tough negotiator.  He'll go far...

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 29, 2014, 06:47:55 am

Not being negative just being realistic.  We do have some fans on here that go crazy because of a loss all the time.  I am just wondering if he is going to be all upset because we lose to auburn.  It's not like we are a 20+ point underdog or anything like that..... 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Country Stylz

I'm not gonna re-read this thread. Think there is a good chance I may have made a drunken fool of myself. Gonna ease up on the posting for a bit. Maybe sit a few plays out.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Country Stylz on July 29, 2014, 09:54:03 am
I'm not gonna re-read this thread. Think there is a good chance I may have made a drunken fool of myself. Gonna ease up on the posting for a bit. Maybe sit a few plays out.

Nah, you would enjoy the read. LOL

bp

ricepig

bp

Yeah, glad I said I wanted to go to this year's Rose Bowl, and not one in like ever.....

hogcard1964

bp

I thought the Sugar and the Rose were the semi final games.  Could be wrong...

BorderPatrol

GuvHog

IMHO I believe CBB was referring to Arkansas not being a national title contender yet. The Hogs aren't there yet but are good enough to have a winning season.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PonderinHog

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 29, 2014, 08:12:37 am
Two of them, actually.

Yep and I got hoodwinked into posting in both! How that happened I'll never know!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

sportster365

Quote from: HF#1 on July 29, 2014, 08:25:14 am
3-4 years.  Maybe 5.

Every team expects to be good every 3-4 years, that's expected. It's one reason so many are high on Miss. State. They have 8 returning starters on both sides of the ball. You have a lot of guys with playing time and experience in the system, you're supposed to do well. It's not an accomplishment, it's an expectation. No reward points for doing that, unless you win a conf. title and natl. championship.