Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remember the idea to put a back-lit Hog on the back of the Pig Screen at DWRRS?

Started by WizardofhOgZ, July 23, 2014, 05:42:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

About 16 mos. ago, I posted a picture of Alex Collins (for some reason, it is no longer in the OP . . . but I will post it below) that showed him in one of the U of A Athletic building and a Razorback Football image (one I'd never seen before) that was back-lit.  I made the suggestion that we put a large traditional Razorback on the back of our Pig Screen in the NEZ and back-light it in red.  That suggestion received a lot of positive support here and the other places I made similar posts. 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=535337.0

I sent the picture and suggestion to Jeff Long, who responded that he'd take it under advisement.

I see by looking at the artists' renditions for the new upgrades to our Outdoor Track facility that it will contain exactly what I'm talking about on that scoreboard (the second picture below best displays the effect).  I'm thrilled to see that they are incorporating this suggestion, and still have hope that they will eventually do this also on the back of the Pig Screen.

By the way, this is the pic that was in the OP of the original thread.  I already had come up with the Pig Screen idea long before.  This was just a picture that showed the general back-lighting effect I was talking about, even if it was with a different kind of logo.  I have no idea why it was stripped from the OP - probably the link I used for that post is no longer good (I can no longer edit it to check).

Hawgey-Davidson

Good deal Wiz. Would you mind calling Jeff and tell him to sell beer throughout DWRRS? Sure would make it easier on a bunch of us folks. Much obliged.

Ironhawg

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on July 23, 2014, 08:13:15 pm
Good deal Wiz. Would you mind calling Jeff and tell him to sell beer throughout DWRRS? Sure would make it easier on a bunch of us folks. Much obliged.

While you're doing good works, ask him to get rid of Pepsi and bring in Coke products too!

chitwnhog

Quote from: Ironhawg on July 23, 2014, 08:15:32 pm
While you're doing good works, ask him to get rid of Pepsi and bring in Coke products too!

Man I soooo prefer Coke however from a food service standpoint Pepsi makes more sense in this
situation. Pepsi works for their money, they know they are number two and will work with businesses. Pepsi kicks Cokes ... on price and customer service. Coke wins on brand preference and they know it. Pepsi will work their butts off for ya while Coke will make you call Memphis/Atlanta to get a service call and then "forget" to show up.

Hawgey-Davidson

Quote from: Ironhawg on July 23, 2014, 08:15:32 pm
After all, it is "the real thing."

Razor6

I remember the OP post wiz.  Good work man!  I want to see it badly on the football stadium as well.

Does your images still load on the OP?  I couldnt see them
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

greasy_corner

I remember the post.  Looks great on track scoreboard, and hope it makes it to the FB stadium.

Ironhawg

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 23, 2014, 08:20:50 pm
Man I soooo prefer Coke however from a food service standpoint Pepsi makes more sense in this
situation. Pepsi works for their money, they know they are number two and will work with businesses. Pepsi kicks Cokes ... on price and customer service. Coke wins on brand preference and they know it. Pepsi will work their butts off for ya while Coke will make you call Memphis/Atlanta to get a service call and then "forget" to show up.

Ok fine.  Just give me a bottle of water.

HogimusMaximus

I remember reading about your idea and thought it was pretty dang brilliant.  If the AD doesnt want to do it this year maybe we can get something started on Kickstarter. 

razorbackfanatic

I remember the post as well. It looks sweet on the track display and a huge one on the back of the jumbotron would be frickin awesome! It would be so cool to see it from blocks away!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Razor6 on July 23, 2014, 09:48:59 pm
I remember the OP post wiz.  Good work man!  I want to see it badly on the football stadium as well.

Does your images still load on the OP?  I couldnt see them

No.  As I mentioned in the OP of this thread, for some reason the original pic in the older thread does not show up.  I can only guess that the link is obsolete.  However, I did find the same pic (the one of Alex Collins sitting on a sofa with the Razorback Football logo on the wall beside him) and included it at the bottom of this thread's OP, right below the artist renditions.  Here is is again:

ricepig

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on July 24, 2014, 01:43:58 am
I remember the post as well. It looks sweet on the track display and a huge one on the back of the jumbotron would be frickin awesome! It would be so cool to see it from blocks away!

For that matter, it would look great over the main entrance to Bud Walton and Baum Stadium as well (sized appropriately for those venues).  Really, ANY of our athletic facilities. 

A fabulously simple, yet elegant branding move, IMO.

ChemEHawg

I remember it as well. It would look awesome. Good job Wiz.

BTW, I'm behind you on the kickstarter idea.
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...