Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check out this picture of Budda (Alex Collins) . . .

Started by WizardofhOgZ, March 25, 2013, 10:39:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

. . . Who is back on the Hill for a couple of days to take in a practice.

On an unrelated note, the back-lighting on the graphic behind him is what I've been talking about for the back of the Pig Screen at DWRRS.  I'd like to see a big hog (20-25 feet across) on the back of the scoreboard at the north end of DWRRS in all white - with red back-lighting similar to what you see here.  Would look awesome all the time and super-fabulous after dark.

Don't you think?

secfan30

Ironhawg

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

younghog

Go Hogs.. Cool dude to hit the hill during his spring break
GO HOGS

RazorPiggie

Would love to see something like that. Good call WOH.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 25, 2013, 10:39:31 pm
. . . I'd like to see a big hog (20-25 feet across) on the back of the scoreboard at the north end of DWRRS in all white - with red back-lighting similar to what you see here.  Would look awesome all the time and super-fabulous after dark.

The backlighting is an excellent idea to promote The Hogs. I'd like to see it on multiple sides of DWRRS. Our image is unique. Let's enjoy marketing it.

" GO HOGS "

airplanehog

Now that would make one good neon sign for a man cave.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: airplanehog on March 26, 2013, 12:33:10 am
Now that would make one good neon sign for a man cave.

That was my first thought too.  Now I just need to send a letter to Jeff Long and make him aware of how non-traditional that logo is and volunteer to take that one down and dispose of it so they can put something more traditional there.   :)

I don't recall ever seeing that logo before, but I like it.   :razorback: 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

airplanehog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on March 26, 2013, 12:42:41 am
That was my first thought too.  Now I just need to send a letter to Jeff Long and make him aware of how non-traditional that logo is and volunteer to take that one down and dispose of it so they can put something more traditional there.   :)

I don't recall ever seeing that logo before, but I like it.   :razorback:

Ha now thats a great idea right there, you never know when the next remodel for the offices will take place so you could potentially be able to nab one sooner rather than later since we do it about every 2 years. I really dig the sign too though,  :razorback:

Anyway for real though anyone know how much on average signs like that go for now?

Bam, Alright Now

So glad he is a hog regardless how his career turns out, shown nothing but class so far and he is nothing but smiles about being a hog, really all you can ask for out of a young man.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Razor6 on March 25, 2013, 10:55:29 pm
Send that graphic idea to Long. I love that idea
i agree. in fact i want it SOOOO bad. That would set the whole stadium off..
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

(notOM)Rebel123

The sign is cool. The dude sitting under the sign....really cool.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hog N Bama

Alex Collins will make Hog fans proud, on and off the field :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Razor6 on March 25, 2013, 10:55:29 pm
Send that graphic idea to Long. I love that idea

I sent him an email with the same pic and my suggestion.  I'll let you know if he responds.

Hoggish1

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 26, 2013, 02:07:51 pm
I sent him an email with the same pic and my suggestion.  I'll let you know if he responds.

Got a response from Long.  Frankly, it's hard to tell if it's a canned response, or not:

Thanks Dave,

We have and will continue to give this idea and others some thought as we look for effective branding opportunities.

Go Hogs! Never Yield!.

Jeff

cpohog

The Hog logo....does anyone know if they even sell them to the public?

HogInThaGrove

He always tags his tweets with #neveryield, so it actually might be a response from him.  He's pretty open to fan suggestions.  And very receptive to listening.  Cool dude.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on March 27, 2013, 01:55:57 pm
He always tags his tweets with #neveryield, so it actually might be a response from him.  He's pretty open to fan suggestions.  And very receptive to listening.  Cool dude.

Apparently you haven't read Hogville. He's a damn carpetbagging yankee with no place in the south.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 26, 2013, 08:07:08 am
The sign is cool. The dude sitting under the sign....really cool.

the dude getting up from under the sign and puttin on a razorback uniform.... priceless.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Break & Run

Someone needs to get a clean pic of that neon sign.  I need it for my man cave!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Tim Harris

For you stalker types he said on twitter he is going to watch Austin's  baseball game at Fayetteville High tonight.

Iwastherein1969

. . . Who is back on the Hill for a couple of days to take in a practice.

On an unrelated note, the back-lighting on the graphic behind him is what I've been talking about for the back of the Pig Screen at DWRRS.  I'd like to see a big hog (20-25 feet across) on the back of the scoreboard at the north end of DWRRS in all white - with red back-lighting similar to what you see here.  Would look awesome all the time and super-fabulous after dark.

Don't you think?

agreed, that would look sweet....look even sweeter to see the guy sitting in the chair wearing #3 breaking clean on a sprint draw with only the safety to beat...Buddha would stick his right foot in the turf and leave the Aggie safety in the dust while running toward the endzone where that huge neon sign would be lit ....just a thought....Touchdown, Arkansas !  make the final, Hogs 31    JFF 10
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

OnTheHill1871

Can't argue with that

HogInFlorida

Quote from: Tim Harris on March 27, 2013, 04:38:55 pm
For you stalker types he said on twitter he is going to watch Austin's  baseball game at Fayetteville High tonight.

We stalker types already know  ;)
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

urkillnmesmalls

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Rockpig5

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WizardofhOgZ

Arkiebarkie

Quote from: Ironhawg on March 25, 2013, 10:49:03 pm
Great to see that young man smiling!!

Could be we have another smilin' Assassin ?   Meet Budda,  The Smiling  Assassin :)

Jimmy

Every time I drive down Maple St, just north of the stadium, I hear the back side of the video board screaming out for attention.  Right now, it's just a wasted opportunity. 

hogwild210

Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Must have been takun dayown.. Thayut carput bagggun sumbuk dun sewed sumbudy..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

redeye

I hope you guys realize this thread is a year old?

hogwild210

Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Jimmy on March 30, 2014, 03:17:52 pm
Every time I drive down Maple St, just north of the stadium, I hear the back side of the video board screaming out for attention.  Right now, it's just a wasted opportunity.

nice work