Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Relaying a message to all the fans

Started by hawgonit, January 06, 2006, 02:37:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgonit

January 06, 2006, 02:37:51 pm Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 11:20:17 am by hawgonit
What a difference a month makes.

I think there are those of you who understand Mitchells de-committ and why it was made public.  Sometimes you do what it takes to get a message across.  This whole recruiting process and the legalities surrounding it are sometimes quite funny and slightly ridiculous.  A kid committs and then is limited...very limited in what can be communicated between himself and the institution he has committed himself to.  I'll tell you fans that you should be proud...very proud of the way that the University of Arkansas handles itself from the standpoint of being honest and upstanding.  Let me assure you that is not the norm in the college football landscape.

Mitchell was nervous about the future of the program...not that he didn't believe in it and it's potential to win it ALL,  but rather the general tone of the program and the unknown future of Coach Nutt after the seasons end.  I am confident that any of you who are parents understand the need for one to review their options IF the options are available to him.  As a parent you would support the need of your child to consider all that is considerable for the good of his future.   When you are uncertain sometimes it is just best to step back and try to look at things from a distance...survey the landscape, listen to the fans, listen to family, talk to other institutions about what they may have to offer...etc, etc.   

A public message was sent out for several reasons...1 of which was to let the University know that there were questions that needed to be answered...questions regarding new staff, existing staff and their futures.  Secondly...other colleges that were interested were less than willing to be honest in their intentions until they were confident Mitchell was indeed opening his options up.

What a difference a month makes.  Coaches.. GOOD COACHES in place.... fans with hopeful positive attitudes and positive heartfelt messages for Mitchell.  He listens, he hears, he appreciates. Not only him but other young men. 

The future is bright, the future is positive..... the dominoes are about to fall and they will fall "UP HILL"

Take care and God Bless!

****** Again to answer the question of who I am... it doesn't really matter. People can speculate and that is fine.  As it has been correctly reported here by moderators and on the radio..Beck did not write this post.   All that matters is that you understand the origins of all that has taken place over the last month and hopefully are able to see everything through the eyes of a young man. 

Happy New Year to everybody:)   

HogISH™

thanks beck, great post.

welcome home Mitchell

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

AUSTXHOG

Hawgonit.... Happy New Year!...you just made mine!

swoopeshog

I like your "UP HILL" statement.

Karma for you.
Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

manofsteelhog

This is a very pleasant read. 

May I ask....who "hawgonit" is?  My apologies if this should be obvious. 

Best of luck this weekend deep in the heart of Texas Mitch. 

mossfan3

I don't blame him for looking at all his options.  I want him to be certain that when he signs with the Razorbacks that he did what he thought was best for him and his very bright future.

AUSTXHOG

I might have to make that short drive down to San-An-Tone to watch Mitch put on that Razorback cap. (to the back)

Tusks

Much more articulate than how a certain someone has been portraid in the media and on the internet.

Tell Mitch to showem how its done down in Santone.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hawg414

Hogs4Ever

Sonofahog

Dominoes????  That means more than one dominoe.   More of them falling up hill??  Interesting
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Pig Power

Hogster18

Quote from: Pig Power on January 06, 2006, 02:54:52 pm
Great read Hawgonit! We understand!

I think we do....except I am confused.

Is that really MM's mom?

HogHillbilly

SEC Title here we come !              Kick their arses in San Antone Mitch !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Hogster18

January 06, 2006, 03:00:26 pm #14 Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 11:33:47 am by Hogster18
If so... 8)

TulsaHogFan

Great post, Congrats on the decision.  I couldn't be more proud.

fullfan

Quote from: stillahog on January 06, 2006, 02:52:05 pm
Dominoes???? That means more than one dominoe. More of them falling up hill?? Interesting

Thats right he said dominoes.  Razorback nation will be relieved and a little surprised when its all said and done.  I believe we will end up with the Offensive MVP out of both the Shreveport and San Antonio all-star games.   

no_clever_name

StoneTemplePiglet

I knew when Gus was hired that MM would realize how serious the progam is committed to doing everything possible to make sure he succeeds not only in college but at the next level. I'm proud of Mitch. Now let's kick some butt in 06!!!!!!!!

JUMPIN JAHOGSAPHAT

If this is indeed who it seems to be, this is wonderful news!!!

Hogster18

January 06, 2006, 03:12:06 pm #20 Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 11:32:27 am by Hogster18
Will his announcement be tomorrow after the game in San Antonio?

Holy ****!

HighOnHogs

I'm starting to see Hog Heaven again.

MBHog

Quote from: Hogster18 on January 06, 2006, 03:12:06 pm

Holy ****! This seems to be legitimate. I don't know what to do. Jump up and down or start calling everyone I know.
Quote from: hawgonit on January 06, 2006, 02:37:51 pm

I think there are those of you who understand Mitchells de-committ and why it was made public. Sometimes you do what it takes to get a message across. This whole recruiting process and the legalities surrounding it are sometimes quite funny and slightly ridiculous. A kid committs and then is limited...very limited in what can be communicated between himself and the institution he has committed himself to. I'll tell you fans that you should be proud...very proud of the way that the University of Arkansas handles itself from the standpoint of being honest and upstanding. Let me assure you that is not the norm in the college football landscape.

Mitchell was nervous about the future of the program...not that he didn't believe in it and it's potential to win it ALL, but rather the general tone of the program and the unknown future of Coach Nutt after the seasons end. I am confident that any of you who are parents understand the need for one to review their options IF the options are available to him. As a parent you would support the need of your child to consider all that is considerable for the good of his future. When you are uncertain sometimes it is just best to step back and try to look at things from a distance...survey the landscape, listen to the fans, listen to family, talk to other institutions about what they may have to offer...etc, etc.

A public message was sent out for several reasons...1 of which was to let the University know that there were questions that needed to be answered...questions regarding new staff, existing staff and their futures. Secondly...other colleges that were interested were less than willing to be honest in their intentions until they were confident Mitchell was indeed opening his options up.

What a difference a month makes. Coaches.. GOOD COACHES in place.... fans with hopeful positive attitudes and positive heartfelt messages for Mitchell. He listens, he hears, he appreciates. Not only him but other young men.

The future is bright, the future is positive..... the dominoes are about to fall and they will fall "UP HILL"

Take care and God Bless!

Is is possible Mitch will commit tomorrow???

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: MBHog on January 06, 2006, 03:16:13 pm
Quote from: Hogster18 on January 06, 2006, 03:12:06 pm

Holy ****! This seems to be legitimate. I don't know what to do. Jump up and down or start calling everyone I know.

I think there are those of you who understand Mitchells de-committ and why it was made public. Sometimes you do what it takes to get a message across. This whole recruiting process and the legalities surrounding it are sometimes quite funny and slightly ridiculous. A kid committs and then is limited...very limited in what can be communicated between himself and the institution he has committed himself to. I'll tell you fans that you should be proud...very proud of the way that the University of Arkansas handles itself from the standpoint of being honest and upstanding. Let me assure you that is not the norm in the college football landscape.

Mitchell was nervous about the future of the program...not that he didn't believe in it and it's potential to win it ALL, but rather the general tone of the program and the unknown future of Coach Nutt after the seasons end. I am confident that any of you who are parents understand the need for one to review their options IF the options are available to him. As a parent you would support the need of your child to consider all that is considerable for the good of his future. When you are uncertain sometimes it is just best to step back and try to look at things from a distance...survey the landscape, listen to the fans, listen to family, talk to other institutions about what they may have to offer...etc, etc.

A public message was sent out for several reasons...1 of which was to let the University know that there were questions that needed to be answered...questions regarding new staff, existing staff and their futures. Secondly...other colleges that were interested were less than willing to be honest in their intentions until they were confident Mitchell was indeed opening his options up.

What a difference a month makes. Coaches.. GOOD COACHES in place.... fans with hopeful positive attitudes and positive heartfelt messages for Mitchell. He listens, he hears, he appreciates. Not only him but other young men.

Take care and God Bless!

Is is possible Mitch will commit tomorrow???

I think he just committed.  I personally would write that down as a soft verbal commit to the U of A if i ran scout or rivals lol. 

Arazorbackguy1

Cleveland commiting probably helped our chances with another Domino commited to Florida :)   (Williams)
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

JJHog

Take care and God Bless!

awesome, that just made my year (s) ! 4 to exact
" Think Right, Do Right"

JUMPIN JAHOGSAPHAT

Did read that D. Williams was headed to San Antonio for the game tomorrow.  Wouldnt it be great to see he and Mitch make a joint committment to the UA after the game!

PennHOG

Take care and God Bless!

This would be a blessing!  I am now officially pumped up!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Soooie21

There is nothing like a feelgood Monday morning after a Hogs win.... :razorback:

WILL CLINTON

With committing and decommitting, solid and soft verbals, guarantees and crawfishing, I am really going to have to save excitement till I hear they signed a LOI.  I literally jumped out of my seat when MM committed on TV, and I will not make a spectacle of myself again.  I Love the Hogs and would love for these kids to come here, but I find it disturbing within myself at how happy I get based on 18 yr old kids decisions.  That being said

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOO PPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGG SSSSOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
[/size][/color][/glow]
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: PennHOG on January 06, 2006, 03:22:42 pm
Take care and God Bless!

This would be a blessing!  I am now officially pumped up!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

It's going to be great to be a Hog again!  WPS!!!!  I'm pumped!

HogDodging

Quote from: Hogster18 on January 06, 2006, 02:57:58 pm
Quote from: Pig Power on January 06, 2006, 02:54:52 pm
Great read Hawgonit! We understand!

I think we do....except I am confused.

Is that really MM's mom?

Not unless her username was changed.

Lanny

Let me just say that the person that posted the subject would know what he/she is talking about.

Thanks again
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

tbhogfan

This is an incredible day to be a Hog Fan.  Now, let's get those papers signed, and get to work on being as great a College QB as he was a HS QB.

WPS!!!!!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Go Hogs!

Porkahontas

Great news to hear.

This might be the most excited I've been about Razorback football in quite some time.

Who knows, we might finally get to see a truly explosive offense at Arkansas in the coming few years.

And how about having Heisman candidates at RB and QB in a couple of years. Sounds very Leinart-Bush like if you ask me.

All I'm hoping for now is to see Damian Williams wearing a Hog cap on Feb. 1st and I'll be set.

pikehog

Take care and God Bless!

I'll believe it when I see it

Squealers

January 06, 2006, 03:39:55 pm #37 Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 03:45:01 pm by HogWildFun

Take care and God Bless!

Ditto to what Mike just stated above.  If you have followed hawgonit's posting history, you will find that they are very targeted in the statements made, and they do not post often.....unless they have something very very important to say.  As well, it has been documented on this board by the mods at various times that they are in the know.

I for one appreciate hawgonit keeping us in the know.   Especially since I think I can go out on a limb and say that we all support MM coming to the hill.  I feel confident that this is the ONE thing everyone on this board can agree on.

Correct me if I am wrong. 

Hawgonit........Tell MM thanks for keeping us in the game!
Applause to you as well!

HWF

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

hawgonit

January 06, 2006, 03:46:40 pm #38 Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 04:31:57 pm by hawgonit
One last word.... You never know who you are talking with on here or where that person you are talking to might be at the time.   I'll venture to say that you might be talking to more than one person speaking under one name. You know by now that recruits read this and other boards.

I would like to post something that Mr. Irwin forwarded awhile back.  Words like these can strike a chord and Mitch will see them.

Mr Irwin is top notch.

If you will permit me I will relate a little story to you. Maybe you can pass it on to a certain QB.
Right after Joe Ferguson left the Razorback staff I was at Shiloh game. I talked to Joe for several minutes before the game started.
I asked him why Houston, who was a QB himself, had so much trouble recruiting drop back passers with pro potential. I think I said, "If schools like Louisiana Tech can get these guys who end up in the NFL why can't Arkansas get them ?"
He said it was a vicious circle. They had gotten themselves stuck with a reputation as a running team and couldn't get enough quality receivers to attract top passing QB's from outside the state.
I was dismayed. I had waited years for Arkansas to put a Miami-style offense on the field, something they could win with but also use to entertain the fans. So I said to Joe, "Then there's no hope. We'll be stuck with these running QB's forever."
"No," he answered. "Some day a local kid will come along good enough to change everything. Arkansas will win with that kid. That kid will bring other QB's."
So I asked, "Who is that kid ?"
"I don't know", he answered, "but he's out there. I promise you he's out there."
Good luck to your family whatever the decision is.
Mike

Doug

January 06, 2006, 03:47:10 pm #39 Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 03:49:35 pm by Douglas
With this post and some of the other rumors I am hearing, in addition to having Alex Wood on board, I would not be the least bit surprised if we make it to a bowl this next season, and possibly for more.

And by all means, get the word out, folks!  I want to see this site slammed!  :D

hawgonit, thank you SO kindly for the wonderful news.  I may be a new fan (I was never a collegiate football fan until I hooked up with hSv and Hogville and became the webmaster for it), but this truly excites me beyond all belief.

As I said, I'd rather see Butch Davis in the lineup, rather than Nutt, HOWEVER, there have been so many changes for the better in the last month and a half for the Razorback Football Program that I am thinking to myself "It's just too dang long until opening day!".

Thanks again!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

TennesseeRaz

Oh .... that is exciting!  Except for the fact that we have no idea who this person is, and I could have written that with a little spare time.

Doug

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on January 06, 2006, 03:50:15 pmOh .... that is exciting! Except for the fact that we have no idea who this person is, and I could have written that with a little spare time.
Administration and some members of the media knows exactly who this person is.  Take this as a fact.  :D  Mitch is coming home!  WPS!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on January 06, 2006, 03:50:15 pm
Oh .... that is exciting!  Except for the fact that we have no idea who this person is, and I could have written that with a little spare time.

Read the posts.....Admins say this person is definitely "in the know" .

hogsmash12

Welcome to the Razorback family Mitch!  Good luck in San Antonio!

Hawgonit, thank you for sharing this with the fans.  The comments about the manner in which the UofA staff conducted themselves in the recruiting process certainly gives me a great deal of pride.

Congratulations to the Mustain family, and to Razorback Nation.  Go Hogs!

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: opineonswine on January 06, 2006, 03:56:36 pm
Mitch will excell with Gus.  Now we need to convince Damien to join him.  What these boys and Gus can do for Arkansas football is historical.

IT'S SPECIAL!  :)

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on January 06, 2006, 03:50:15 pm
Oh .... that is exciting! Except for the fact that we have no idea who this person is, and I could have written that with a little spare time.

You need to learn to read between the lines.  This all would be taken down if they didn't have confidence in it.  As Jack Buck would say, "Go crazy!"

othermac

January 06, 2006, 04:09:43 pm #46 Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 04:11:19 pm by othermac
thanks for the insightful post hawgonit, you are so right when you say the future is bright, i am almost giddy over the news. no, i am giddy...go hogs go!!
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

CiriusPorker

thank you hawgonit, I will give you positive karma every day until Mitch graduates from UA with that news.....so you can expect good good karma from me ;)

now that this is settled, who feels like going out with the hogvillians tonight?

hawgball

The Razorback Nation is standing proud.

Pig Power

I for one would like to thank the board for being positive for the most part during this re-commitment period and keeping the negatives minimized toward the recruits. It seems that more eyes than we think read the thoughts of Hog Fans on this board, and while it may or may not influence them, it can create perception good or bad. For the most part, folks on here want what is best for the UA.
I love this place!!!