Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER

Started by hawgonit, December 07, 2005, 11:12:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgonit

December 07, 2005, 11:12:18 am Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 06:32:51 pm by hawgonit
Some theories need to be answered and claims put to rest.  It makes no difference to me if you feel I am a legitimate source or not because this is my first and most likely last post on this board.... just as it was yesterday with a certain "concerned lady."

The current situation with Mitch and his decision to publicly de-commit is not a grand conspiracy initiated to undermine coach Nutt or the program. As romantic as that may seem it is much more simple and innocent than that.

Mitch is reconsidering his commitment to attend the U of A due to the current coaching situation and general negative situation with the entire program.  Things were promised him that have not come to fruition...and I do not mean anything that was inappropriate..simply certain alignments.  Coach Gus and his situation remain fluid and frankly Mitch has separated himself from that process because of potential NCAA legalities.

ND is showing interest again BUT are not making the hard push on Mitch like they were due to their current QB commitments which does concern Mitch.  He has other school options obviously but in his heart does not want to go through the whole recruitment procedure again. It's been a long season and a long period of courtship from prospective schools and he is tired.  It is not a positive thing when a young man who is not sure about his future is being courted by a program who is uncertain about its future. 
If certain changes are made NOW or at least affirmation and assurances given...he may honor his original commitment to UA because contrary to popular belief he does have deep feelings for this state and wants to help bring the program back....just as he stated in his press conference.

This is the difinitive truth and you are being told because you deserve to be told. :)

Boner

That's easy enough to believe.

And I firmly believe.

No Gus = No Mustain
Get Gus = improved chances, but certainly not done deal.

You want to share what Mitch was promised that didn't happen?

pfrg999

Thanks.,... That sounds very logical... And Thanks Mitch if you read this... Conrats on the STATE championship.. and a great season... Hopefully you will be a Hog next Year... If not ... Do what is best For YOU...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

A-Town Hog Fan

I hope this is the situation and if it is, the Big Heads on the Hill better do something now.  This crap is getting old fast; do something up there, tell us what the hell is going on.
Lord help us all!

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: hawgonit on December 07, 2005, 11:12:18 am
Some theories need to be answered and claims put to rest.  It makes no difference to me if you feel I am a legitimate source or not because this is my first and most likely last post on this board.... just as it was yesterday with a certain "concerned lady."

The current situation with Mitch and his decision to publicly de-commit is not a grand conspiracy initiated to undermine coach Nutt or the program. As romantic as that may seem it is much more simple and innocent than that.

Mitch is not planning on attending the U of A due to his displeasure with the current coaching situation and general negative situation with the entire program.  Things were promised him that have not come to fruition.  Coach Gus and his situation remains fluid and frankly Mitch has seperated himself from that process because of potential NCAA legalities.

ND is showing interest again BUT are not making the hard push on Mitch like they were due to their current QB commitments which does concern Mitch.  He has other school options obviously but in his heart does not want to go through the whole recruitment procedure again. It's been a long season and a long period of courtship from prospective schools and he is tired.  It is not a positive thing when a young man who is not sure about his future is being promised certain things from a program who is uncertain about its future. 
If certain changes are made NOW he may honor his original commitment to UA because contrary to popular belief he does have deep feelings for this state and wants to bring the program back....just as he stated in his press conference.

This is the difinitive truth and you are being told because you need to be told.

Thank you for the insight. I don't care who you are or what your sources may be. What you say sounds pretty dead on. I hope for Mitch's sake and for the sake of our program that the right thing is done. It's time to clean house folks....

HawgAlude

Houston Nutt has not made any firm changes. I agree with boner
no gus= no mitch.... wally hall is an idiot --- his article today just reinforces that... Nutt has not made any changes cause how excited could he possibly be in hiring a state champion high school football coach with no division 1 university coaching experience. Folks there are a lot better high school football coaches out there (Mike Malham and Frank McClellan come to mind). It is an obvious fact that Nutt has not hired Malzhan yet, and he maybe sleeping on it or whatever. Springdale had a great team assemblied full of great athletes but no major university coach should have to have pressure on them to take an athlete and the coach -- Do you think Notre Dame or Tennessee would do that? tennessee just hired their OC......

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

I agree totally!

:razorback: :razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Reaganite

Mitch is not planning on attending the U of A due to his displeasure with the current coaching situation and general negative situation with the entire program.  Things were promised him that have not come to fruition.  Coach Gus and his situation remains fluid and frankly Mitch has seperated himself from that process because of potential NCAA legalities.

ND is showing interest again BUT are not making the hard push on Mitch like they were due to their current QB commitments which does concern Mitch.  He has other school options obviously but in his heart does not want to go through the whole recruitment procedure again. It's been a long season and a long period of courtship from prospective schools and he is tired.  It is not a positive thing when a young man who is not sure about his future is being promised certain things from a program who is uncertain about its future. 
If certain changes are made NOW he may honor his original commitment to UA because contrary to popular belief he does have deep feelings for this state and wants to bring the program back....just as he stated in his press conference.

This is the difinitive truth and you are being told because you need to be told.

I could easilly believe that was written by his mother.

Hooooouston!  Come out, come out where ever you are:

DisplacedHogFan

December 07, 2005, 11:45:43 am #8 Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 11:47:44 am by DisplacedHogFan
Quote from: Reaganite on December 07, 2005, 11:44:04 am

I could easilly believe that was written by his mother.

Hooooouston!  Come out, come out where ever you are:

Not his mother, but you are close....if this is who I think it is, there isn't a much better source for these facts...

Flatline

What was promised would be my first question.  Typical Nutt not following through with what he said he would do.

JusticeHawg

May have something to do with Wittke being his QB coach next year.   Who knows ......I think it will come out in the wash and we will find out eventually .....may take a little while ....but it will come out.

apprehend that scumbag for impersonating a basketball coach!

alwaysondbigscreen

i for one surely cant blame mm if he is disgusted with the current situation, its pretty disgusting. i would love to see him play here as would every hog fan, but if he doesnt the only people im gunna b pissed with are on the hill and they want my MONEY. i make DONATIONS and i buy 6 season tickets each year, not much but it wont happen again next year.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

Steve C

Hawgonit........I hope thats not your last post because it is one of the best and most in-depth post' I"ve ever read!  I think you are right on in your comments.  I will add this, for what its worth.....
I am a Razorback fan through and through!!  There is no wavering in that.  I don't care particularly who the coach is, I will still support the program!!  But, I have to say that I totally support and understand Mitch's decision to "look at all his options!"  Here's why:  I tried to look at it from my eyes and relate it to the business world.  If I was offered a job with a company and they promised me (as has been speculated) certain things would happen if I took the job.  And then, I find out that those promises are in jeopardy or its uncertain whether they will happen or not....I have to say that I would have to stop, take a deep breath, and think long and hard at the decision to go to that company!  So, I certainly understand his hesitations at this point!  Lets assume that he was NOT promised anything, I would still understand his hesitation.  Heres why:  With all the "negativity surrounding the football program and all the uncertainty, I don't blame him.  Again, with my business analogy, if I was looking at taking a job with a new company and there were rumors about the President or CEO being fired and other people in charge that I knew personally were rumored to be fired as well, I would have to take a second look at it!  There is so much secrecy and IMO, chaos going on right now inside the football program!  Its sad!!  I want Mitch to be in a razorback uniform next year more than anything, but I would rather him look around and make sure that it is truly the place that he wants to be!! 

So, Mitch.....do what you have to do!  Take your time and hopefully in the mean time, things within our beloved football program will get worked out for the better!  But, in the end, I think we all could say we want you to be a HOG next year!! 

beatnikluv

You certainly sound like you know what you're talking about, and have a calm demeanor, same as "a concerned lady".  Thank you for posting this - it all makes sense to me!

DukeOfPork

Mitch is not planning on attending the U of A due to his displeasure with the current coaching situation and general negative situation with the entire program.  Things were promised him that have not come to fruition...and I do not mean anything that was inappropriate..simply certain alignments.  Coach Gus and his situation remains fluid and frankly Mitch has separated himself from that process because of potential NCAA legalities.

This sounds plausible and reasonable.  This is the first unsubstantiated claim on this board that I am inclined to believe.

The UA needs to get their act together and hopefully Mitch will feel more comfortable with the situation and recommit.  18 year old or not, Mitch can have a huge impact at Arkansas and this board should continue to respect that fact.

Thanks for the info....

HOG DOOKEY

Quote from: hawgonit on December 07, 2005, 02:37:53 pm
I will just add this comment and be finished.

Monday is regarded as a very important date. Hopefully questions will be answered by then.

Thank you for your attention and respect.

I sure hope Mitch reads Rick Schaffers article about the whole de-commitment situation.   Particularly the portion that talks about Mitch's discussion with kids concerning integrity and commitments.  If Mitch does not follow through with his commitment, I feel that most everyone in Arkansas outside his inner circle will doubt both for the rest of his days.

B Ray

Monday is regarded as a very important date. Hopefully questions will be answered by then.

I wonder if this is the coaching changes"NOW" part or just some additions to the staff

Biggus Piggus

When positive changes take place, the majority of fans will praise them and unite behind the Razorbacks.

Good luck to Mitch, and may the people who question him recognize their own lack of accurate information on which to judge.
[CENSORED]!

Sonofahog

Good info.  Sounds legit.  Time will tell.  Mitch is a gifted QB that will do well anywhere,  and he deserves his shot no matter where it is.  I just want it to be at Arkansas.

On a side note,   anyone else think the newbie "HOG DOOKEY" has a great name??
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

hoggystyle78

The way the media was spinning it last night, they said the reason Gus hasn't already been named asst. coach was he could have contact everyday with the Springdale 5, once we name him as a new member of the staff he will be restricted in his contact, just like every other Uof A coach. Whatever is holding things up needs to be fixed, and quickly. If we lose the #1 Qb in America right in our own backyard what does that say about our program?

BloodRedHog

Can we get Mike I's opinion on this thread?
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Feralhog

Nobody is gonna out Mitch on this board if I have anything to say.  I'll darn can the post in a heartbeat
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

hogsanity

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on December 07, 2005, 05:10:07 pm
The way the media was spinning it last night, they said the reason Gus hasn't already been named asst. coach was he could have contact everyday with the Springdale 5, once we name him as a new member of the staff he will be restricted in his contact, just like every other Uof A coach. Whatever is holding things up needs to be fixed, and quickly. If we lose the #1 Qb in America right in our own backyard what does that say about our program?

Depends on who you lose them to.  If you lose them to San jose St or Ball St or some sucky team thats one thing.  If you lose them to ND, you are not the first or last to experience this.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

tophawg19

hawgonit stay with us you are a valued poster
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

silvertip

Quote from: HOG DOOKEY on December 07, 2005, 03:04:45 pm

I sure hope Mitch reads Rick Schaffers article about the whole de-commitment situation. Particularly the portion that talks about Mitch's discussion with kids concerning integrity and commitments. If Mitch does not follow through with his commitment, I feel that most everyone in Arkansas outside his inner circle will doubt both for the rest of his days.

HOG DOOKEY, you are a moron both in your opinion & your self-delusion that anybody at all agrees with you. Crawl back under your rock. 

SuthrnFballer15

Wait this might be a little late but what is going to happen on monday?
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BigPapaHawg

Mitch is reconsidering his commitment to attend the U of A due to the current coaching situation and general negative situation with the entire program.  Things were promised him that have not come to fruition...and I do not mean anything that was inappropriate..simply certain alignments.  Coach Gus and his situation remains fluid and frankly Mitch has separated himself from that process because of potential NCAA legalities.

ND is showing interest again BUT are not making the hard push on Mitch like they were due to their current QB commitments which does concern Mitch.  He has other school options obviously but in his heart does not want to go through the whole recruitment procedure again. It's been a long season and a long period of courtship from prospective schools and he is tired.  It is not a positive thing when a young man who is not sure about his future is being courted by a program who is uncertain about its future. 
If certain changes are made NOW or at least affirmation and assurances given...he may honor his original commitment to UA because contrary to popular belief he does have deep feelings for this state and wants to help bring the program back....just as he stated in his press conference.

This is the difinitive truth and you are being told because you deserve to be told.

Great post! I hope the best for Mitch!
WOO PIG

TulsaHogFan

I wanted this put on the top for all the punks giving Mitch a hard time for this crap.

clemensrules01

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on December 07, 2005, 10:16:56 pm
I wanted this put on the top for all the punks giving Mitch a hard time for this crap.
i guess youre referring to me.

TulsaHogFan

No actually refering to a lot of other people, you are not even close to the worst one.

AUSTXHOG

Hawgonit, Great post.... I can't blame Mitch for his decisions.  I wish him the best in whatever he chooses.  Do you see a major announcement come Monday?  Can you elaborate anymore?

sowmonella

Great post Hawgonit! Would the naming of a staff with Gus Malzhan on it and a well know OC make the difference with Mitch? If not would Wittke need to be on staff as well? :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

DukeOfPork

Quote from: hawgonit on December 08, 2005, 05:18:56 pm
Slight edit to our original posting.

Take Care

We certainly appreciate the update.  I'm glad to hear that there are at least a few positive vibes coming out of Springdale tonight. 

Absolutely everyone wants Mitch to be a Razorback but I think I speak for a large number of us when I say that I don't want Mitch to come to the UA under circumstances that he is uncomfortable with.  I hope that our coaching staff makes all the right moves and is able to establish the direction and the stability that a player like Mitch will be comfortable with.

Again, thanks for the update.

Hogwild07

It seems like the hiring of Malzahn would birng Mitch and the other for SD.  The trith is tho is that they dont really like Malzahn....which is sad.  He is our only hope.

Anon2

Steve Sullivan just said his sources said Gus will be named OC tomorrow with full control including playcalling.

tophawg19

i like the idea of hiring gus but he isn't ready for the SEC . yet . he probably will be better than nutt but that ain't saying much . now we really have a H.S coaching staff . but at least gus will learn and develop his game . we just let go a OC who was very good if given a chance for a H.S coach with no college experence . typical of jfb and j.l
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hogwild07

I dont care this is exciting.  Now we might look like a real college team.

BigHog396

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 08, 2005, 06:47:17 pm
i like the idea of hiring gus but he isn't ready for the SEC . yet . he probably will be better than nutt but that ain't saying much . now we really have a H.S coaching staff . but at least gus will learn and develop his game . we just let go a OC who was very good if given a chance for a H.S coach with no college experence . typical of jfb and j.l
You are kidding, right?  Did you watch Springdale at all this year?  The Springdale playbook (Gus') is considered more complicated than the majority of those in college football today.  No one can say for sure at this point whether or not Gus can be successful right away as a college OC, but EVERYONE should know his playbook would accomplish much more than what we had this year.  Not to mention the fact that he will bring the "wide-open" offense that everyone has been screaming to get.  We finally get some positive news (at least the possibility of positive news) about the program, and now that isn't good enough.  If Gus gets the job, and especially if he can bring MM, DW, and BC into the fold, things will be looking up rather quickly for our program.

I still think Nutt has totally mishandled this entire situation, but if we can get Gus and his players, we have the ingredients in place to start the turn-around.

hawgonit

December 08, 2005, 10:03:01 pm #38 Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 11:25:14 pm by hawgonit
Ok... I am breaking my own rule by posting again,  but I feel we should respond to all the messages we are receiving...though it will be brief.

I understand some want to know who I am, how I know what I know, what is to come, and why I even posted in the first place. I'm sure the moderators and Mr. Irwin have a pretty good gut feeling and are kind enough not to reveal it, but for obvious reasons I can't say and it doesn't really matter anyway.  All that matters is that those of you who have taken the time to read this message on this forum understand the intent of our post which was to try to remove any doubt that Mitchell orchestrated what has happened this week.  He certainly can't come in here and set the record straight when he hears false rumors, or call into a radio station.. though I'm not saying he doesn't visit message boards.  Yes.... these kids do visit and it might surprise you...even post.  They listen to talk shows...some more than others. 

There have been many encouraging posts directed at Mitchell which is nice to see.  To those who are negative and confrontational... it is ok and taken with a grain of salt and a grin.  Those who are frustrated with the way things are may have in their own way actually helped move things along... you never know:)

I'm not breaking any news here because I know this place is full of great detectives and super snoops....but there have been positive developments and questions answered over the last day...hours...hour. 

Maybe this will all sort itself out over the next few days and hopefully the final outcome will be in the best interests of everybody...from the University itself,  most definitely the loving fans, and of course... for Mitch.

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Cresthog

PulledPork

Hawgonit,
I am starting to develop a "Man Crush" on you, would you be interested in going to see "Brokeback Mountain" with me???

;D

Bubba Babaganush

Hawgonit,

I would bet that the vast majority of fans understand and support Mitch.  Anyone who is critical of an 18 yo kid during this process doesn't understand.  I have worked with 18 yo for over 18 years and have a little understanding of the pressure they are under.  Add to that the eyes of an entire state while it is going on is a stressful situation.  I would love for Mitch to be a Hog but will understand and support his decision where ever he goes.

SR

Squealers

Quote from: hawgonit on December 08, 2005, 10:03:01 pm
Ok... I am breaking my own rule by posting again, but I feel we should respond to all the messages we are receiving...though it will be brief.

I understand some want to know who I am, how I know what I know, what is to come, and why I even posted in the first place. I'm sure the moderators and Mr. Irwin have a pretty good gut feeling and are kind enough not to reveal it, but for obvious reasons I can't say and it doesn't really matter anyway. All that matters is that those of you who have taken the time to read this message on this forum understand the intent of our post which was to try to remove any doubt that Mitchell orchestrated what has happened this week. He certainly can't come in here and set the record straight when he hears false rumors, or call into a radio station.. though I'm not saying he doesn't visit message boards. Yes.... these kids do visit and it might surprise you...even post. They listen to talk shows...some more than others.

There have been many many encouraging post directed to Mitchell which is nice to see. To those who are negative and confrontational... it is ok and taken with a grain of salt and a grin. Those who are frustrated with the way things are may have in their own way actually helped move things along... you never know:)

I'm not breaking any news here because I know this place is full of great detectives and super snoops....but there have been positive developments and questions answered over the last day...hours...hour. Maybe this will all sort itself out over the next few days and hopefully the final outcome will be in the best interests of everybody...from the University itself, most definitely the loving fans, and of course... for Mitch.

This is a post to your message that you may or may not have had a chance to see.  Thanks for visiting and helping the blind see!  Just ignore the negative posters to this link, they must have got up on the wrong side of the bed ;--}  HWF

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=37903.from1134016302#new
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Cresthog

Let me get this straight

you have worked with an 18 year old for over 18 years now....

Fletch

Quote from: hawgonit on December 08, 2005, 10:03:01 pm
Ok... I am breaking my own rule by posting again, but I feel we should respond to all the messages we are receiving...though it will be brief.

I understand some want to know who I am, how I know what I know, what is to come, and why I even posted in the first place. I'm sure the moderators and Mr. Irwin have a pretty good gut feeling and are kind enough not to reveal it, but for obvious reasons I can't say and it doesn't really matter anyway. All that matters is that those of you who have taken the time to read this message on this forum understand the intent of our post which was to try to remove any doubt that Mitchell orchestrated what has happened this week. He certainly can't come in here and set the record straight when he hears false rumors, or call into a radio station.. though I'm not saying he doesn't visit message boards. Yes.... these kids do visit and it might surprise you...even post. They listen to talk shows...some more than others.

There have been many many encouraging post directed to Mitchell which is nice to see. To those who are negative and confrontational... it is ok and taken with a grain of salt and a grin. Those who are frustrated with the way things are may have in their own way actually helped move things along... you never know:)

I'm not breaking any news here because I know this place is full of great detectives and super snoops....but there have been positive developments and questions answered over the last day...hours...hour. Maybe this will all sort itself out over the next few days and hopefully the final outcome will be in the best interests of everybody...from the University itself, most definitely the loving fans, and of course... for Mitch.

I wonder if at his age he can really fathom the desire that most Razorback fans have in wanting him to be a hog. I am 37 years old with a wife, kids, a good career, and couldn't be happier and I still find myself hanging on every word and rumor about the college choice of an 18 year old high school quarterback. I just shake my head when I sit back and think about it. I hope that when Mitchell sits back and weighs all of his options, he will be lead to reaffirm that there is no better place for him than quarterback of the Arkansas Razorbacks.
I feel like $100

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Boner on December 07, 2005, 11:14:52 am
That's easy enough to believe.

And I firmly believe.

No Gus = No Mustain
Get Gus = improved chances, but certainly not done deal.

You want to share what Mitch was promised that didn't happen?

Lovin the name
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

CorningHog

Hogonit,

I am so thrilled to know that regardless of what Mitch decides, we as lifelong Arkansas residents and Razorback fans can feel that he has openly been honest to all of us.  For him to take the risk of having some rabid Arkansas fans get nasty for his "de-committal" or reviewing his options, however you wish to view it, speaks volumes of his upbringing and his values in life. 

I saw one more reason to be excited about Mitch Mustain's future as a Hog!  I will admit, until I see different, I just can't believe a good ole country boy from Arkansas will miss out on bringing the football program back to the level it should deserve for such loyal fans.

Mitch will make his decision known when he feels ready and I for one hope that he takes the necessary steps to make sure that he is ready to be a Razorback!  I think he knows deep down that once things are in place that were obviously expected since early summer are publicly announced, and he sees all that stuff resolved, that he will make his choice and it will ultimately be as a Razorback.

Of course, don't expect me to hope for anything else.  Mitch can be the first QB in Arkansas history to be an SEC Champion!  I think he will be!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

PulledPork

nuff said!

Bubba Babaganush

December 08, 2005, 10:19:50 pm #49 Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 10:21:27 pm by Bubba Babaganush
Sorry for the confusion, Cresthog.  I have worked with college and high school kids (18+) for 18 years.