Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas A&M Notifies Big 12

Started by colemjh, August 25, 2011, 02:01:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colemjh

NaturalStateReb

Wow.

Where's that OU fan who said this would never happen?
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

cityhog

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NaturalStateReb

This must mean that the conference has lined up #14.  Wonder who it is.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Arkansasno1

and so, it begins,,,, yet again,,,, for what, the third time now?
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

iseeredpeople

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 25, 2011, 02:04:31 pm
Wow.

Where's that OU fan who said this would never happen?

he can't hear you. his head is still in the sand.

BigSexyHog

Thats a big POW - POW right there.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HoopS

DeltaBoy

The T-Sips and OU will have a fit.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Ex-Trumpet

The Big 12 was nearing extinction when Texas got a TV network...Texas will become independent like Notre Dame and the Big 12 will be no more.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

felixfan

Quote from: iseeredpeople on August 25, 2011, 02:17:30 pm
he can't hear you. his head is still in the sand.

Is sand hogville code for up his arse!

DeltaBoy

Hawgin84

They were just talking about it on Sports Center.

Arkapigdiesel

I hope that the burnt orange nation has no other choice but to eventually go independent, because no other conference will accept their greedy, self serving asses.  I also hope that there is such little demand for the LHN that the burnt puke and ESPIN both lose their asses on the deal.

I welcome TAMU to the SEC.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Uncle_dad

Texass is to conferences as Hootie is to QBs.  The conference killa!

NaturalStateReb

Here's the letter:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/08/25/am.letter/index.html

Beebe:  "Big 12, this is Dan."

Loftin:  "This is Bowen Loftin down at A&M.  I just wanted to send you a courtesy copy of a letter letting you guys know we're leaving."

Beebe:  "Courtesy copy?  What do you mean, 'courtesy copy'?  You should have sent it here first!"

Loftin:  "Take it easy, we followed protocol and notified the commissioner first."

Beebe:  "This office hasn't gotten a thing from you before now!"

Loftin:  "Are you dense?  That's what I just said.  We sent this to DeLoss Dodds this morning."

Beebe:  "A**hole."  Click, dial tone.

Mike_e

Anybody notice that they did this before the season started?

Looks like they want over here fast.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

HoopS

Need to do it before Sept 1 to be in the conference 2012.  That's what I was told.

Doug

Time for the Aggies to come to their new "home".  Screw Taxuss and LHN.

Gratz, Taxuss!  This is now the SECOND conference you've imploded.  Good luck, guys... you'll be wallowing in mediocrity for years to come. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

RedRock

SMU is now alligning themselves to take the A&M spot.

WizardofhOgZ

3pigsinafountain

of their intent to explore conference affiliation options and requests the big 12 provide them with an outline of the penalty process and any applicable penalty fees.

WizardofhOgZ

younghog

GO HOGS

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DeltaBoy

The A&M board is about to impode.  They are pumped.

Smokehouse

Quote from: RedRock on August 25, 2011, 03:00:16 pm

and the Big 12 somehow manages to become even more of a joke...
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

EastexHawg

Quote from: RedRock on August 25, 2011, 03:00:16 pm

Texass would love that.  If they could get Oklahoma, OSU, and Missouri to leave as well...and replace them with New Mexico, Sam Houston State, and Ouachita Baptist...they would have almost the perfect conference.

Oh, better get rid of Texas Tech, too.  They are a threat about once a decade.  I wonder if Prairie View A&M is available.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Simple Swineman on August 25, 2011, 02:55:30 pm
A mere 10 days ago he had this to say...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=418108.msg6377933#msg6377933

He just texted me this...

"We are winning a great victory over the infidels.  Soon they will be driven from our land and our glorious jihad will be complete."

Oh, wait.  That one was actually from 2003 when he was going by Baghdad Bob...but it applies just as well today.

jesterzzn

Cue lsufreak with a good Baghdad Bob fark with Dan Beebe

Hogdude72

Lanny

When it comes to Texas A&M to the SEC.  Book em Dano
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

jesterzzn

People are so blinded by the tv money they forget or ignore what the increased exposure being in the sec does for other revenue streams.  Licensing and apparel being a big one.  Fact of the matter is that Araknsas is a bottom twenty population state, and a top twenty revenue football program.  The SEC is the primary factor in that, and we only get what, 15 million for the tv contract?

TV money isn't the golden goose everyone in the media is trumpeting it to be.

BBQDonut

Who's next Mizzou? What about Texas tech, or TCU? Would either of those be possible?

Hornkiller

Wonder what took the Aggie's so long?

Now is the time to tune into the Big XII. Not for the on the field exploits of XBox offenses and matador defense but to see how the other schools handle this.

My guess is unless something slips OU and Missouri will bide their time until the season is over to announce a location for their new home. No use putting a bigger target on your back then you already have.

The interesting part will be when A&M has to come calling to Lubbock, Aimes and Manhattan. I'm sure the fans who will be cross referencing the C-USA and Mountain West teams to see where they'll be going in 2013 will have nothing but warm wishes for the Aggies. Say what you will about A&M being better then those teams, Nebraska should have mopped the floor with Texas in Linclon last year and didn't. The Red Raiders already hate A&M as much as Texas and Bill Snyder has a nasty habit of pulling a rabbit out of the hat at home.

Nov 24th is already circled. College Station will be hosting a going away party not to be missed. They may well "saw off varsity's horns" and take them to the SEC.

Hogdude72

Quote from: BBQDonut on August 25, 2011, 04:32:49 pm
Who's next Mizzou? What about Texas tech, or TCU? Would either of those be possible?
TCU's already "booked" for the Big (L)East next year. I'm still trying to figure that "marriage" out.

jesterzzn

Quote from: Head Hawg on August 25, 2011, 04:36:49 pm
The primary factor is the Arkansas fan base first and foremost, than the SEC. It hasn't helped Ole Miss, MSU or Vanderbilt to be top 20.
True, but we had a great fan base in the swc days as well, but have only cracked the top twenty in revenue within the last ten years or so.

Hornkiller

Quote from: BBQDonut on August 25, 2011, 04:32:49 pm

Tech and TCU bring nothing in. Look for Missouri and OU along with Florida State and Virginia Tech as names that will come up in the next few weeks.

Hornkiller

Quote from: Hogdude72 on August 25, 2011, 04:38:59 pm
TCU's already "booked" for the Big (L)East next year. I'm still trying to figure that "marriage" out.

Big East offical - well we have TV sets in New York, Florida and Texas.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Head Hawg on August 25, 2011, 04:36:49 pm
The primary factor is the Arkansas fan base first and foremost, than the SEC. It hasn't helped Ole Miss, MSU or Vanderbilt to be top 20.

It's helped us be whatever we are.  No one's going to be Top 20 in CUSA.  The conference is the foundation all of the rest is built on.

Hornkiller

Quote from: Hogdude72 on August 25, 2011, 04:38:59 pm

Bubba's Bruisers

August 25, 2011, 04:54:29 pm #43 Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:56:00 pm by Bubba's Bruisers
Quote from: Head Hawg on August 25, 2011, 04:21:15 pm

"Economically, unless the SEC opens their TV deals to the extent where they make more than a pro rata increase, it makes no sense at all," Lulla said."
[/i]

More of the same as was discussed over a week ago.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Slive would allow ANY team to come in if it meant further splitting up the pie, the TV money pie, without that pie getting larger first.  No way does he let the current SEC members take a reduced share in order to compensate a new member.  I'm sure a renegotiated backdoor deal with the networks has already played out.  A&M is going to to get a nice raise just like the current SEC members.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Hornkiller on August 25, 2011, 04:40:43 pm
Tech and TCU bring nothing in. Look for Missouri and OU along with Florida State and Virginia Tech as names that will come up in the next few weeks.

Per Sports Illustrated's 'Truth and Rumor' section, Virginia Tech may be the 14th.

HuntinHog

Quote from: Hawg Balling on August 25, 2011, 04:55:22 pm
Per Sports Illustrated's 'Truth and Rumor' section, Virginia Tech may be the 14th.

It's the obvious pick.  Then we say "frick the BCS, we'll put our Champion against whoever the rest of you settle on."

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Head Hawg on August 25, 2011, 05:03:45 pm
I doubt he would do that either.. The 13th and 14th teams both need to be greater, not equal to, the current market draw. Otherwise for only a few $million more we screwed up when the Big10 with 12 teams will still has more revenue.

The Big10 hasn't even put numbers together with 12 teams and a Championship game in terms of revenue and they were #1 last year with 11 teams and no Championship game.

I must be slow, because I really didn't follow much of any of that.  "...need to be greater, not equal to,..."?  The Big10 revenue?  What kind of revenue?  Seriously, I went brain dead.  I assume it's just me.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Doug

August 25, 2011, 05:23:29 pm #47 Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:32:46 pm by Douglas
Quote from: Head HawgThe primary factor is the Arkansas fan base first and foremost, than the SEC. It hasn't helped Ole Miss, MSU or Vanderbilt to be top 20.
Difference between those schools and Arkansas is that both MS and TN have two SEC schools competing for money in their respective states, whereas Arkansas doesn't. :)

BTW, those of you that are saying that Virginia Tech will be the 14th team, I'll take a bet that they're not.  They've already come right out and addressed the rumors.

SOURCE link
Quote from: Larry HinckerVirginia Tech is exceedingly pleased with our membership in the ACC. It is the perfect conference for us. The university administration has no interest in any discussion concerning affiliation with any conference other than the ACC.

Want more proof?  Okay, how about this?

SOURCE (Same as above)
Quote from: VT AD Jim WeaverWe always wanted to be in the ACC. Now we’re there. Why would we want to go somewhere else when we finally have what we want?

There’s really no new TV money. (The SEC) already has the state of Florida and they already have the state of South Carolina.

VT to SEC ain't gonna happen, folks.

Smart money is on Florida State.  Secondary would be NC State.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

grayhawg

Quote from: Head Hawg on August 25, 2011, 04:37:26 pm
If I'm Mizzou I hold out for the bigger cash cow which is the Big10 over the SEC.
Big 10 spurned Missouri last year, why would Mo flirt with them again?

NWASooner

Then there was this.  The Ags may want to slow down.  Also, if you think A&M will be allowed to spend $30 million on a buyout on something that will cost them money as well as the other Texas schools, you're out of your mind.

Quote"We have had zero conversations about 14," the official said. "And we won't. I think the issue will be, Does Texas A&M want in? And if so, do we want to take them?"

The official acknowledged that because of the length and structure of the SEC's current television contract, adding Texas A&M and a 14th member would not be financially beneficial from a rights standpoint.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/25/sports/ncaafootball/if-texas-am-is-secs-13th-team-whos-no-14.html?_r=1