Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan Heath Press Confrence-Missouri State

Started by hogfan13, December 12, 2005, 07:40:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

After breaking for semester exams, the Arkansas basketball team returns to action on Thursday when the Razorbacks play host to Missouri State at 7:05 p.m. in a game televised by ARSN. The Bears are 6-0 following Saturday's 85-71 victory over Detroit. The Razorbacks are 6-2. Following is a partial transcript of head coach Stan Heath's press conference.

"We're finishing up exams. About two-thirds of the team is complete, but four or five still have either an exam left or a paper to turn in.

"We had a full practice on Sunday. It was a very intense, hard practice. We got a lot done.

"The only guy we have who is still banged up is Darian Townes. His knee is sore (sprain suffered against Texas State on Dec. 6). He will have some swelling and soreness throughout the year. That is something he will just have to deal with.

"As for this game, the three-point shot is the great equalizer in college basketball. In our last two games, I thought that was a weakness for the teams we were playing. Part of me thinks we have to clean up some things in that area and part of me thinks those teams just got hot.

"Missouri State has four guys on the floor at all times who can shoot it. They are one of the best teams in the country at shooting the three. They can score in a lot of different ways – off threes, in transition or by spreading you out.

"We knew going into the season we were playing a top-notch team. I really believe they are an NCAA Tournament team. The league they are in (Missouri Valley Conference) is underrated. Their teams are under the radar screen.

"This is a quality opponent. If you don't believe me, look at the Sagarin ratings. They are No. 6 in the country.

"It will be a big challenge. We have to defend the three, get back in transition and at the same time put up (offensive) numbers as well."

[attachment deleted by admin]

TuckFexas

I think SH is just trying to scare his guysi Yeah, Missouri State has a good team that can score a lot of different ways, but the Hogs seem to play to their competition. SH just wants to make sure his guys don't drop a non-conference game at home to a team they should whoop-up on. Hopefully he'll get thru to them, it sure didn't work against Texas St. and we were almost embarassed. We're so freakin' close to be being a very good team I can't take it.....start stomping people into the ground Hogs!!
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Kilgor

1.  We need a decent PG before we will be really good and we don't have one this year.  Hopefully that is Ervin next year.

2.  MSU could easily come in a get a win against us.  The Hogs better be ready to run.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

CiriusPorker

I think Stan Heath always tries to scare his guys, but the problem is this:  I think they know that.  That's why they've seemed to fallen flat on several of the last games.  It's kind of hard to convince someone that Texas State is good. 

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

someBear

It seems to be standard procedure to talk big about all your opponents these days.  You could be playing Alcorn State and he would say, "They're a good team and due for a win.  They've just been playing a lot of tough opponents." 

All coaches that have half a brain do it.  It makes it easier if it's a tough game or a loss to tell the media, "I told you they were good."